Customize

June 13 - Saint Louis Missouri - Arrest (Post game)

Discussion in 'USA - Central/Mountain' started by RavenEyes, Jun 13, 2009.

1. LilDebbie Member

Re: June 13 - Saint Louis Missouri - Arrest (Post game)

because they can
  2. CantPickaName Member

Cop Block!!

100_2203b.jpg
  3. Herro Member

Well it sounds like he handled the arrest portion of the incident perfectly.

But as for the police being arbitrary thing. It sucks but this is the way of the world. It's wrong. But, from a strategic standpoint sometimes it's best to work with them on the scene and voice your complaints later. But still, I think this was handled rather well.
  4. anonski Member

Apparently it's standard procedure for this department (University City PD) to hold people for 20 hours. At the time we talked to the police (2 hours after the arrest) he hadn't even been booked yet.

When we called the PD, they told us that we could not see or talk to him until at least 5:00. I'm not sure if anyone has tried since then.
  5. Anonymous Member

corrupt.jpg yep sums it up
  6. anonski Member

Totally understand that... we've been trying to do that for months though, and this just ended up being the day that someone had to get arrested for it. We've had multiple assurances from police supervisors that it's not an issue for us to be over there, but every time we protest, they make it an issue. Someone ultimately had to take one for the team, and sadly it was Ace this time.

I do not have the video to post, but we will post it as soon as we know it's prudent. It honestly doesn't tell much more than the pics though.

ALSO: if you look closely at the pics, you can ALMOST get an idea of how ENORMOUSLY HUGE Ace's BALLS are.
  7. Herro Member

Well it's bullshit that someone had to be arrested (to be clear I mean it's fucked up that you guys were put into that situation), but hopefully this will have a positive resolution. Looking forward to updates after he's released.
  8. wereanon Member

yeah i still say it's total bullshit with what happened
  9. Scatman Member

The prosecuting attorney has to agree to prosecute the protester. He/she can decline prosecution. It is a minor misdemeanor, so this is not something that is put to a grand jury. Essentially, if the prosecutor issues the information to prosecute this Anon, the city can be prosecuted on civil rights violations. The arresting officer can still be prosecuted for false arrest in any case. Based on the account and that there was no violence, I would say that this Anon will not be prosecuted, particularly if this Anon has no criminal record. The arresting officer could be just an insecure egofag who would be better off as a psychotherapy patient than being a LEO.
  10. Anonymous Member

doesn't sound like an idea of a good time :( hope everything turns out ok
  11. RovingAxe Member

I am not sure of the state laws in Missouri, however I do want to point out a factor regarding the issue of "impeding traffic" "obstructing traffic" whatever they want to call it.

What is different about the Anon Protester being on the sidewalk, and others who were walking there previously, during, or after? The Anon member was PROTESTING.

Often there are guidelines, statutes, or ordinances, that shape the perimeters of what activity is "allowed" during a protest. In other words there may be something somewhere that says something like this :

'During the course of a protest, protesters may not obstruct or impede the natural flow of traffic at the location of protest" "must maintain a distance of..." "must remain on the opposite side of the street from a residence or place of business, etc"

I have no idea about Missouri law. Laws change from State to State to state within the United States, though most principles are similar. Ordinances and Codes vary from city to city. Government IS allowed to give order to, and maintain conditions under which protests may be held.

So, this may come into play somewhere. It is a subtlety that defines the difference between the people on the sidewalk. One was a pedestrian walking to and from somewhere. The other is a member of a protest engaged in the act of protesting (sign still being held). Small difference, YES. A technicality, Yes. But
    then, all man made laws are technicalities.

This is not legal advice, or a legal opinion. I am not an attorney and am not licensed to practice law in any state or country.

These are merely observations and comments regarding the issue of the "difference" between Anons on the sidewalk vs. others on the same sidewalk.
  12. xBLiTZxKRiEGx Member

I've been next to Ace dozens of times and I don't remember him looking like that.

We've walked on their side of the street before, with and without cop babysitters.
    I'm surprised they brought out a car to take him in. The City Hall/PD to the right of the org across the damn street. As if we would break the law with it so close, and 16 scheduled, peaceful protests under our belt.
  13. Shinythings Member

Support for epic anon, my hat goes off to you!
  14. RovingAxe Member

It certainly seems very weak and contrived, and even if there is some technical violation that exists...it all seems rather pointless and not the type of thing a prosecutor or the city would want on the news in videotape. Next to caption..."and while your house was being burglarized and your wife raped....the police were busy doing...------> THIS.
  15. incog712 Member

That's when they serve up teh delicious baloney sammiches.

STLAnons, ur doin it rite.

Bracing for epic!
  16. TheStig Member

I have stood on that side of the street and flashraided maybe 15 times in the past year, and every time the scilons call the police. Every time the on-duty officers were cool.

The following is my personal opinion and should not be construed to represent the St. Louis cell as a whole:

I have spoken to the prosecuting attorney a number of times, and he's a pretty reasonable guy. The Major is a reasonable man as well. The local city police I have dealt with have been almost universally professional, and even cool, as cops go.

I have a hard time believing this will go to trial, and tend to think the officer is going to get a dickslapping from every superior he has, and some he doesn't. Every organization has it's dicks. FWIW, IANAL.

And yeah, did Ace put on some weight?
  17. Relyt Member

If they decide to cite him for this, it WOULD be a violation of civil rights, as they decided to arrest him for being on a sidewalk simply because he was practicing his first amendment rights.

I wouldn't doubt the cop is getting paid under the table to twist the law in favor of the cult... a few of the cops in Los Angeles seem to have no problem doing that (DISCLAIMER: I'm not directly accusing anyone of accepting bribery, but their actions have been very suspicious at times).
  18. anonski Member

Yes I know... but we have researched this, and as far as we can possibly tell, there are no state or local regs against anything we were doing.

There are local laws against obstructing traffic on the sidewalk... which Ace was not doing until the point where the cop stopped him and made him stand in one place. He was moving down the sidewalk until the cop stopped him and made him obstruct the sidewalk. Then the officer obstructed the sidewalk by blocking it to arrest Ace. At no time did Ace obstruct the sidewalk other than was required to talk to the police officer.
  19. Re: June 13 - Saint Louis Missouri - Arrest (Post game)

44 gives his support to STL anons. Play cards right, get a lawyer, don't just release things because you "really really really" want to. Make sure you OK it with legalfags, then you're set.

PM me if there's anything I can help with in not-OSA-eyes public. But, it sounds like you're doinitrite.
  20. Anonymous Member

The worst part is the 20 hrs in jail (hope there is a judge for Sunday). Even in the worst case scenario I can't imagine any judge in the world actually giving any sentence when they see the video of just a guy on a sidewalk with no one around but one Officer Barbrady and the calm exchange. If this got on the local news imagine how pissed the tax payers are over this waste of resources.

Go read the Nashville thread, some same stuff applies, but you can get public records requests for Officer overtime or whatever pay if it was rent-a-cop paid by the 'church'. You might be able to get 911 tapes if they called and lied to get cops out there, but it sounds like the cruiser was already there before hand.
  21. webkilla Member

can we get a seperate thread for the arrest situation/whatever comes out of the courtroom?

also, of course:

I SALUTE YOU BRAVE ANONS! PROTEST SCILONS ARE DOESN'T AFRAID OF ANYTHING!
  22. Anonymous Member

Re: June13-Arrest at Saint Louis (Post game)

Your comment is noted, but also I would like to point out that an officer arrested one person who he had direct contact with, 2,000 miles away from some officers who did not arrest a scientologist for something they did not see him do, that is said to have happend 2 months ago. (I do believe RJ was kicked.)
  23. cubby Member

it's a good thing you ran away before the hammer came down =o

also you might wanna change your sig

24. RightOn Member

Can't walk on a public sidewalk?
    ppfft! Screw them!
    Righteous Anon is righteous
    Waiting for the outcome of this one!
  25. SickLab Member

26. Hollow Member

Video with annotations by Acedotcom.