Customize

Just an idea to get us on air...

Discussion in 'Projects' started by example chanology, Jun 9, 2011.

?

Do you think this would spread awareness?

Yes 2 vote(s) 33.3%
No 1 vote(s) 16.7%
Why not? 3 vote(s) 50.0%
  1. Every year there are loads of shows like Britains/Americas got talent, X-factor, Pop Idol and so on.

On looking through the internet I see loads of videos where people sing anti-scientology songs (I have a few on my YouTube account) like variations of the 'Portal - Still Alive' song, another one leaves the cult, 8 days of Scientology, or any song that has changes to make it apply to Scientology.

I have been thinking, anybody could go on one of those shows and sing some anti-scientology song. I would do it, but I have no musical talent whatsoever, it'd make us look like freaks if I went on. So this is to those of you with at least a little musical talent: go on one of those shows; even if you didn't get through, just having an audition shown would be good enough. And if you did get through then I'm sure I wouldn't be the only one to vote for you.
  2. Loki's spawn Member

Not a bad idea. But they don't show every audition they have on these shows. So, it would definitely have to be a decent singer.
  3. slobeck Member

Who is this "us" you speak of?

actually... it's a lame idea. They'll never in a million years air the audition if it contains a song that attacks anyone's religion. regardless of whether it IS a st00pid scifi alien freakshow like scientology or the Catholics.
    • Like Like x 2
  4. Anonymous Member

I am shocked and appalled by your mind sir. That's damn clever. But they'll want a copy of the lyrics of your song. So get some awesome song, sing it. Fingers crossed you get through, then if you do sing an anti-scientology one.
  5. Loki's spawn Member

No harm in trying, though.
  6. slobeck Member

If doing completely meaningless stunts that will make no difference whatsoever is your thing, then sure
    • Like Like x 1
  7. RightOn Member

well whoever does it better be bleedin' awful, 'cause those are the ones they show.
    Although if the song is blantantly anti Sci it is doubtful, unless they dont' pick up on it.
    Perhaps sing ode to Xenu and include OTIII? lol
    • Like Like x 1
  8. As they might notice the anti-scientology nature of a song, what about this: You go on to sing a song and dedicate it to Lisa Mcpherson. You go on and before you sing say "This ones for Lisa Mcpherson who was killed by some horrible people" and then sing whatever you like. You could sing the Barry Manilow song Mandy except with Lisa as the name. Just a thought.
  9. Maybe subtly would help. Rather than sing the church of Scientology song you could sing a variation of a portal song or if you want to risk it you could sing another one leaves the cult and hope it goes over their heads. Also, remember that a lot of these shows let you audition in front of a live audience of sometimes up to 1000 people; so singing an obvious song will allow the audience to know exactly what you're singing about. Rather than the chance it will be aired and then people pick up on it.
  10. CarterUSP Member

Could work. Dress and Xenu and sing a ballad about the OT3 story. The scilons could only complain if they admit that the story is part of their beliefs.