Customize

justice for Lisa McPherson

Discussion in 'News and Current Events' started by nameless, Nov 16, 2009.

1. justice for Lisa McPherson

Marty Rathbun, The Criminal Scientologists Are Trained Criminals
    In light of Rathbutt's recent confessions, specifically his admission of destroying evidence pertaining to Lisa's murder, I was hoping some anons and ex sci's would contact the Clearwater DA and demand the case be reopened. Maybe schedule protests outside the DA's office?
  2. Re: justice for Lisa McPherson

NYPA
  3. Re: justice for Lisa McPherson

DIAF
  4. Smurf Member

Re: justice for Lisa McPherson

First, Clearwater doesn't have a DA. Pinellas County does. Second, the Clearwater Police and the Florida Department of Law Enforcement are fully aware of Marty's admitting to the destruction of evidence in the criminal investigation into Lisa's murder.

They have not pursued it and it is highly doubtful they will since the family of Lisa negotiated a financial settlement with the cult that included a gag agreement.

I'm sure the respective police agencies have enough on their plates without reopening this huge can of worms.
  5. AmNotaMouse Member

I thought of that... and found this:

Statute of Limitations in a Wrongful Death Suit | Lawfirms.com

"Although the statute of limitations provides a time limit within which a claim for wrongful death must be filed, there are certain limited situations in which a claim can be filed after the expiration of the limitation. This is essentially in situations where the actual cause of death is not known until after the expiration of the statue of limitations."

"In all cases, no matter what the cause of death, it is essential to be vigilant in the preparation of a wrongful death suit. In order to prove the liability of the defendant, it is necessary for the plaintiff to preserve evidence that supports the case, to investigate the circumstances surrounding the wrongful death and the incident itself and to ensure that the lawsuit is filed before the statute of limitations deadline passes."
  6. SomeRandGuy Member

^^^^ Ignore this retard.

It's a great idea for clearwater anons to look into.
  7. Smurf Member

The "wrongful death lawsuit" is a civil remedy, not criminal. Lisa's family has already settled their wrongful death lawsuit against the cult.
  8. AmNotaMouse Member

Its time for Dateline NBC to anti-up...

or maybe Heraldo?
  9. Re: justice for Lisa McPherson

Word clear: Geraldo (Rivera)
  10. Herro Member

Is Lisa McPhearson that chick smurf killed when he was a corporal in the Sea Org?
  11. Smurf Member

I wasn't in the Sea Org.
  12. Herro Member

I meant OSA.
  13. Smurf Member

Misunderstood word. You're assigned the condition of CONFUSION.

Your amends project is to clean my apartment for a week. :)
  14. Herro Member

I'm sorry sir! Please don't tell my superior officer! It won't happen again, I swear. :)
  15. WTF Member

fify
  16. Re: justice for Lisa McPherson

Isn't OSA part of the Sea Org?
  17. Smurf Member

WTF... your squeeze called...

rosieksm.jpg
  18. WTF Member

Oh, man...you ninja'd my pic file too? Sheesh.
  19. Re: justice for Lisa McPherson

Here's the state attorneys webpage with add and phone.
    State Attorney's Office Tour
    I suggest monthly protests be held here (instead of the org) until Bernie reopens the case.
    I'll be calling him first thing tomorrow morning and hope more of you will follow. Hundreds of phone calls won't be ignored.
  20. Re: justice for Lisa McPherson

BUMP
  21. ObamAnon Member

Does anyone know if the American Civil Liberties Union or the Southern Poverty Law Center has ever considered Federal Civil Rights Violation charges against the cult in this case?

That technique has been used in the past when local authorities refused to press charges, or when tampered of perjured evidence resulted in a *miscavige* of justice.
  22. Herro Member

Cute white chicks aren't really in their wheelhouse, but I guess you could always try. Skip the bad puns though.
  23. Re: justice for Lisa McPherson

Bump
  24. Smurf Member

The ACLU will never take on Scientology... they've represented the cult in the past on religious freedom issues.
  25. Belladonna Member

Oh Smurf you're such a nay-sayer :)

If the right plaintiff came forward with a valid case, who's to say it couldn't happen?

Absolutely true. But they do not side with organizations, they represent civil liberties in the form they are presented.
  26. Smurf Member

Cause I deal in realities, not wishful thinking. Scientology used to make large donations to the ACLU and other legal organizations to buy influence & support.... don't know if they are still doing that or not
  27. anon4eva Member

Hopefully most of us do (deal in realities)--That influence was back a few years ago when the cult was actually thought to be semi-legitimate, or at least non-threatening from a shallow perspective. I'd rather be optimistic that MORE than a few eyes have been opened from recent public allegations......with more to come. Keep chipping away!!
  28. _You_ Member

29. MeganT Member

Completely agree with you, but also I would to recommend getting acquainted with the codes here https://lawrina.com/us-law/federal/codes/