Customize

KC protesters get sprayed by unk.- aka "CHEMICAL ATTACK" - Kansas City - Jan 16, 2010

Discussion in 'Fair Game Reports and Personal Experiences' started by anonsoulless, Jan 16, 2010.

1. anonsoulless Member

KC protesters get sprayed by unk.- aka "CHEMICAL ATTACK" - Kansas City - Jan 16, 2010

READ CAREFULLY

CAVEATS:

1. We have no direct or concrete evidence that this attack was perpetrated by Scientologists, we have circumstantial evidence that leads us to believe that way. We know we can't prove anything, so asking for proof will not get you anywhere. I only have after-the-fact footage, and I am acutely aware that Scientologists are not the only crazy people who frequent the area (See my past raid video: YouTube- Kansas City Scientology building attracts annoying drunk people).

2. We are aware that we were not as vigilant as we ought to have been. Cameras were not rolling, we were not paying enough attention to pedestrians WE KNOW. LESSON LEARNED. IT WAS A HORRIBLE LESSON. TELLING US THIS WILL SERVE NO PURPOSE; JUST BE GLAD YOU WERE NOT THERE.

The Scene: Kansas City, across the street from the Scientology building.

Looking at Google street view will help with some ambiguous, and not all that important geography. 39th and Main Kansas City mo - Google Maps

Background information: the Kansas City org is a yellow limestone building situated a bit west of the intersection of 39th Street and Main street. Main street has significantly more traffic than 39th, so rather than stand directly across from the org we usually stand on the southwest corner, mostly along the Main Street curb in front of the red brick First Bank building. We usually set our raid stuff, fliers backpacks, extra signs, extra masks, boom boxes, etc., against the corner of the First Bank building. This is the Northeast corner of the building, IE the corner of the building directly behind us. The corner is actually rounded and this creates a great out of the way spot to put our stuff. There is probably 10-15 feet of sidewalk between the Curb where we stand and the building.

THE INCIDENT:
    We were holding signs and raiding as per usual WHEN ALL OF THE SUDDEN somebody mentioned smelling something like cleaning chemicals, and somebody else smelled something like smoke. I was talking to a pedestrian when Never discovered the source of the odor. Our fliers and our signs and a bit of the wall of the First Bank building were covered in a liquid.

This liquid was the most foul smelling thing you can ever imagine. It smelled like oven cleaner, urine, bong water, skunk and garlic all at once.

It was THEN discovered that The Wizard had a patch on his back too and we all quickly did a spot check of everyone to determine our exposure. Thankfully for the rest of us, The Wizard was the only one who was directly hit.

Someone intentionally squirted a stink bomb chemical on one anon, all of our fliers, and the bag we had our extra signs in. We transplanted the signs to a new bag, but it is yet to be determined if any of them can be saved. The old bag, and the backpack full of 300-500 fliers, and the cloak from the wizard costume could not be saved and were thrown in the trash on the spot.

THE AFTERMATH: We stayed for another hour and a half to show that we could not be intimidated by chemical attacks and then left. After we got back to Anon's house everybody kept discovering new items that smelled. Masks, coats, pants, shoes, gloves, memory cards. At the very least we can only hope that Anon's car and Anon's brand new boombox were not affected. All of The Wizard's clothes smelled, and it is still unknown whether or not they have been ruined.

The facts that lead us to believe that this attack was perpetrated by a scientologist are:

1. Anon saw a pair of suspicious hooded middle aged white guys shortly before the smell surfaced and the consensus is that these were the culprits. If it were just a random neerdowell it would probably have been a younger person, and the overwhelming majority of the pedestrians in the area who are not Scientologists are not white. That said: nobody saw, or recorded the actual act of spraying.

2. Our fliers and signs were attacked. Scientology, obviously, has more to gain from destroying our protest gear than anyone. Most of the chemical was on the signs and fliers. If it was just a random miscreant he would have most likely directly sprayed more people than just The Wizard rather than waste it all on our things.

I will have youtube videos of the aftermath in a couple hours. Don't get your hopes up though; there isn't much to see.

TL;DR: Somebody sprayed anon with Jenkem and got away with it.

Edit: now with video

2. JohnB2008 Member

re: KC protesters get pranked by unk.- aka "CHEMICAL ATTACK" - Kansas City - Jan 16, 2010

tl;dr
  3. exOT8Michael Member

re: KC protesters get pranked by unk.- aka "CHEMICAL ATTACK" - Kansas City - Jan 16, 2010

Sounds suspicious as hell.

Was it irritant as well as foul-smelling?
    I hope you file a Police Report and hand in stinky evidence.
  4. Robocat Member

Disgusting. So much so, that I am sure your evaluation is correct. Stink tech. Lawless assaults are a scientology specialty, of course. Sorry about the loss of your property, and thank you for making people aware of the lowly scum that protesters may be attacked by. I have noticed more and more OTs doing the dirtiest deeds these days.
  5. fitch2000 Member

does the scientology building across the street have surveillance cameras that could be checked for footage of the perps?
  6. grumpus Member

Check with all the surrounding businesses and ask if they have security cameras of the sidewalk. You mention having your stuff against the wall of a bank building; it wouldn't surprise me if they have the entire exterior of the property under cameras.
  7. PodPeople Member

Since you were all breathing that stuff in, especially if in a car going home, might consider immediately having that chemical(s) identified.
  8. Herro Member

Chemical attack? What the fuck. You got skunked. It's not like someone dropped VX nerve gas on you people. Someone stinkbombing you is a dick move. Why do you gotta try and make it sound like a bigger deal than it actually is?
  9. Robocat Member

Good idea about biz security cameras - some cities have them at street intersections too.
  10. genoramix Member

i agree with Herro. The title is misleading. I thought you guys were in waaay deeper trouble when i read the 1st part of the thread.

but imho no doubt it's a scilon attack
  11. grumpus Member

If somebody soaked my clothing, electronics, bags, etc. in an unknown noxious liquid I would not consider it a lolprank. That's criminal.

Herro is in full trollmode tonight. ;p
  12. CantPickaName Member

sounds like the whale wars people

stink bombs huh?

gee do they really keep people away from an area say like....a free stress test for example?
  13. Ogsonofgroo Member

Bag as much as you can and get thee to a cop shop asap!

This sort of thing should not go silently. My gut reaction is...... culties minds going off the rails, but who knows for sure.

Take no fucking chances with shit like this, bag it, tag it, document anything you can, file report immediately!
  14. anonsoulless Member

We were attacked with a chemical. How is that not a chemical attack?

I put several caveats right at the beginning of the post.

We didn't talk to the surrounding businesses or the police. The intersection does have a red light camera, and the bank probably has a security camera, but it wouldn't do any good to try and get the footage unless we want to namefag ourselves and press charges.
  15. Anonymous Member

isolate the substance, analyze.
  16. grumpus Member

Fair enough - it's up to you guys to decide if the offense is worth getting your name in the system. Though, if they realize you guys are worried enough about getting ID'd to tolerate stuff like the soaking, they might decide they can push harder next time.
  17. Robocat Member

You're good, ignore the trolls. They committed a crime, and obviously attempted to crush your spirit so you'd leave to get cleaned up. Also, damaging your property REALLY pisses me off.
  18. anonsoulless Member

It was not irritant, not to me anyway, just smelled terrible.
  19. anonsoulless Member

Next time we will catch them in the act.

I will leave it up to The Wizzard as to whether he wants to press charges or not, but I doubt he will.
  20. re: KC protesters get pranked by unk.- aka "CHEMICAL ATTACK" - Kansas City - Jan 16, 2010

sorry have to agree with hero this time.

chemical warfare = Chemical warfare (CW) involves using the toxic properties of chemical substances as weapons to kill, injure, or incapacitate an enemy.

and an attack constitutes war imho. therefore i consider this more a destruction of property as the weapon of choice does not seem designed to kill, injure or incapacitate.
  21. Anonymous Member

Good, but I think everyone should start taking extra precautions as the compass is pointing at more, and more fucked up reactions from the brain-damaged.
    This has been discussed many times before, take heed brothers.
  22. anonsoulless Member

We were attacked with a chemical. I didn't say we were attacked with SCUD missiles, or anything about chemical warfare.

The intention of the attack was obviously to incapacitate us.
  23. re: KC protesters get pranked by unk.- aka "CHEMICAL ATTACK" - Kansas City - Jan 16, 2010

In this case, we've been under the impact of a "chemical attack" as well, and all they do is pour fish-smelling stuff on their plants.

That's my critical POV. For the other half, if it were me I'd go ahead and at least give your name to the bank or whoever has a camera around and just find out who was behind it. If its caught on tape, then 'poon the damn media about it and get some help from the police/community to nab the guys. All the better if they are scilons. Thats just me though
  24. Skeptic1337 Member

No under the definition of this thread you guys were the victims of a biological warfare attack.

I love escalating language to the point where even moonbats are going to think you moonbatty.
  25. Herro Member

Incapacitate you? From your own post you said it was the liquid from a stink bomb. They didn't try to incapacitate you, they tried to make your signs smell like shit.
  26. Puppet Member

I think the identity of the chemical substance is an important piece of the puzzle.
  27. timthephoto Member

waiting for postgame reports now..

my betting was tommygormantommygorman was gonna get punched by scilon (again) in SF, who could a guessed this one b4 time?

maybe DM has authorized more footbullets
  28. anonsoulless Member

You're really reaching on this one.

The intention was to disrupt our capacity to conduct our business, or "incapacitate."

Did I not mention that one anon was directly sprayed with a noxious chemical?
  29. Fuckeye Member

And there I was thinking that noxious meant poisonous or harmful. A bit of a smell is neither.
  30. Puppet Member

bad smell does not imply that the substance is innocuous
  31. re: KC protesters get pranked by unk.- aka "CHEMICAL ATTACK" - Kansas City - Jan 16, 2010

this is why everyone thinks americans are pussies.

noxious = physically harmfull or destructive to living beings.

does a stink bomb kill you? no, does it harm you? no.

does it damage propperty? yes.

therefore its not a noxious chemical its a weapon used in a DoP (destruction of propperty) case.

now stop moonbatting.
  32. Fuckeye Member

No, but there is no proof to the opposite either.
  33. Puppet Member

I agree . more the reason to know the identity of the substance and the concentrations involved.
  34. Anonymous Member

ITT: Scientologists discover a new way of dumping waste water from the Freewinds.
  35. PodPeople Member

Information, not assumptions, might be useful. At least bag it and if anyone feels dizzy, nauseous, skin, lungs, nose, throat irritation or burning, get to hospital with bag and have it analyzed.

Do not assume because it stinks it's Just a stinker. Sometimes all you need is a combination of harmless ingredients that makes it harmful when combined. Facts are you don't know what it is, and probably should find out. Also, sometimes physical reactions are delayed.
  36. never Member

Re: CHEMICAL ATTACK - Kansahttp://forums.whyweprotest.net/gfs City - January 16, 2010

Not moonbatty, just dramatic. It got you to read the thread yeah?

In my completely inexpert opinion, we weren't hit with a stink bomb, it was definitely something worse. At first we thought it was deer urine, but as a collective we're leaning towards skunk musk - both of which are easily obtained online or in the case of deer urine, at hunting supply stores.
  37. anonsoulless Member

I can go ahead and debate whether smelling like a skunk's ass for several hours is psychologically harmful, or we can agree to disagree on the pedantic elements of my use of the word "noxious."
  38. Anonymous Member

Fact: Unknown person(s) intentionally doused people and property with an unknown, smelly liquid.

Assuming it's just a stinkbomb is just as illogical as assuming anything else. You don't know what was in the liquid. And forcing the victim of the attack to wonder what was in the liquid is PART OF THE CRIME.

Doubt me? Go up to a stranger and throw a cup of water in his eyes. See if you get off because it's only water.
  39. Anonymous Member

Did it smell like sulfer ? if so it was probably a stink bomb, evidence would be a crushed glass vile or it could have been what is sold as morning breeze perfume, that is the same as a stink bomb but sold in a bottle that can be poored out. The smell lasts for about 30 min. and it is unbelievably nasty.

I used to buy that that stuff for my kids at the magic shop it is not something to worry about.