Customize

Kewl and Cheap wearable camera for protests

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by Major Boyle, Sep 16, 2010.

1. Major Boyle Member

2. xenubarb Member

Re: Kewl and Cheap wearable camera for protests

While 320 x 480 is barely usable, the resolution looks pretty nice there in the sample video.

This would be an excellent addition to any anon's toolbox of electronic devices. I carry so much crap I have my own EMF field.
  3. Anonymous Member

I use this one. an AIPTEK Pencam

very small, but does decent HD footage.

4254-aiptek-pencam-triohd.jpg
  4. coc Member

Homer_and_Apu.png
  5. Re: Kewl and Cheap wearable camera for protests

This.
  6. Anonymous Member

Me and a few cohorts, against the wishes of the local cell, captured dozens of hours of boring conversations with scilons using a pen camera, a sunglasses camera and a cell phone disguised as a pack of smokes.
    I think having a camera rolling at all times is a good idea and that a hidden one will allow you to catch stuff they wouldn't do if they saw it but check local laws. sometimes covert recordings are not admissible.
  7. AnonyVix Member

There are some pretty good covert camera systems out there which cost less, usually $100 - $200.

The OP device is good however if you want them to know they are being recorded as a deterrent.
  8. Anonymous Member

Clearly designed to be worn with GF masks
  9. Anonymous Member

I fucking want one of those. I fucking do.
  10. Re: Kewl and Cheap wearable camera for protests

I see your
    And raise you
    [IMG]
  11. DeathHamster Member

y-sunglasses.jpg

Welcome to VIEW - Video Interactive Eye Wear - Video Camera Sunglasses Video Watch
    (There's a video on the site, but it's almost three years old and no indication that it was taken with this camera.)
    • Resolution: 720*480 video , 1280*960 JPEG
    • Playing Speed:30fps
    • Extended memory slot for TF/Micro SD card. You can upgrade up to 8G with any micro SD card.
    • $59.99 CAD + S/H, but probably available through lots of wholesale importers.
    • Like Like x 1
  12. DeathHamster Member

Did someone tell the local 7-11s that their security cameras are useless? I suspect that an actual violent crime (not just baawing or a he said/she said dispute) would be a different story.

And even if it's not admissible, there's always Trial by YouTube.
  13. Anonymous Member

That is seriously awesome!
  14. Anonymous Member

I used these a couple of years back, they were very good compared to most spy wear at the time (they were also nearly triple the price then too but that's technology for you). They have pretty good sound too; I had a large solid sun glasses case, the type used for wrap arounds, and could covertly record conversations by simply leaving them on record inside the case on the desk while I chatted.

The bulky bits on the sticks are kind of a give away and longer hair helps with this but I have quite short hair and no one seemed to notice; that said the more they get known the more obvious they will become.

You get less jerky videos too because they follow your head and so to a fair degree your eyes; on play back you get to see how much attention you pay to the opposite sex. :)

I used a SD card reader with my computer but they also have a USB connection too; works just like a stick drive, which it pretty much is.

Sadly I lost my pair. :-(
  15. Anonymous Member

16. xenubarb Member

I think the Scilons have shown without a doubt that being recorded is no deterrent for them.