Customize

Khamenei's Speech in English

Discussion in 'News And Current Events' started by NiteOwl, Jun 19, 2009.

1. This is not just about the Iranians but about all people in the Middle East. The people taking to the streets today are not just the young. It is why the other Islamic Governments are having their news sources down play all of this because they know they same thing can happen there. They know that it is a threat to the validation of allowing religion to be the driving force behind the rule of a country. On the one hand they WANT Khameni to self destruct because these governments dislike him and Ahmadinejad on the other for him to do that means that their own authority could be challenged.

There is only one real outcome here. The Middle East as a region is about to change. For good or for ill we shall see...
  2. Help me understand

Hmm, very interesting.

Anyone reading this speech has to concede that the Ayatollah has some very valid points, particularly concerning the fact that these matters are best settled legally especially when passions run high and people are inclined to react strongly and emotionally in political climates such as these. Also the fact that he derided the interference of foreign powers should not be instantly dismissed as it does have some basis in truth. Despite President Obamas stance, other elected officials such as John McCain have come forward and stated in an agressive manner that the election was "clearly rigged" despite no solid evidence to support this claim. An inquiring mind would immediately question why such a statement was made by a person in such a position, especially considering the well documented history of US involvement of power struggles in the region to further their own interests throughout recent history. G.W Bush for example funded fringe groups in recent times in a direct attempt to destableise the region. Upon reflection, one can clearly understand, if not condone Mr Khamenei's outrage at being lectured on human rights by powers such as these who flaunt them at will when it suits. However i do not seek to support all of Mr Khamenei's statements. He also seems to fling other accusations around such as labelling the British government as "the most evil of all" without bothering to substantiate them which is disturbing.

We must endeavour to look at this subjectively. Failure to do so is certainly detrimental to the cause of transparency, freedom of information and rationaland porportional reaction to circumstances. People tend to forget that there is no current evidence that the election was in fact rigged, only accusation and suspicion. People everywhere should be permitted to PEACEFULLY voice dissent and be able to send and recieve information freely. I believe that this is the core issue here, that before any accusations were even begun to be substantiated, communications were cut and media was pulled in on a very short reign. If the Ayatollah was sincere about transparency in the political process and the legitimacy of his citizens points of view, then why was freedom of information curtailed almost immediately after election results were announced on Saturday? Considering his comments which communicated such pride in the Iranian political system, should he then not take measures to create more transparency and therefore faith in the system for those of his subjects who begin to doubt. This simply sows more doubt in those who are not completely convinced of the security of the voting system.

I agree with the Ayatollah that the people have made their point and must now go home and wait until legal channels have been thouroughly and transparently investigated. This move is best for everyone and Mr Kamenei knows this. If the public then remain unsatisfied then they must take further measures which they see fit, but until that time, what is the point in creating an atmosphere of fear when no one can yet be certain of the outcome of a peaceful and legal process?

This said, the rumors of the crackdowns on protesters which are coming through the news as I write are frightening and if true, are completely unwarrented against people who are marching peacefully.

I write this from the point of view of an uneducated but very well travelled twenty five year old Australian. I honestly seek answers to the questions that I am asking, and anyone who can shed different lights or points of view from either side of the arguement will be read with genuine interest and an open mind.

On a final note my heart goes out to all those in Iran who are experiencing ramifications of this upheavel and to those whos nonviolent attempts at having their voices heard are being thwarted. I sincerely admire their courage and wish that peace be upon them.
  3. This man is trying to protect religion by the cost of democracy. What other disgusting views expressed by him needs to be able to have an idea how suppressed Iranian people are.
    Shame on you!
  4. Bravo Mehrdad!
  5. saeed

long live Khamenei
    he is the best man in the world.

he is wrong. we in Iran are Muslim.we grow Islam in so many ways.we love it.
    if you could find today's news in Iran TV you may find that this people that you named "freedom fighters" are whom we call them monafegh.
    they kill people because they go to masque.they torture men because they have beard.
    off course not all of them but people burn buses and kill people.
    see this pdf and see this people how killed this mother with her baby
    http://www.vatanemrooz.ir/1388/3/27/VatanEmrooz/167/Page/1/VatanEmrooz_167_1.pdf
    Iran release votes per every cities and every hozeh(moi.ir).this shows that election was completely correct.

Americans and Britain want to make Colour revolution(Colour revolution - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia) in Iran.
    but they are wrong if khamenei order that 40 million people will finish this completely.

if you are angry about Iran where were you when Israel kills Palestine children.
    saeed
    university student
  6. And you are correct! You should have the freedom to believe he is great and attend services at your mosque any time you please.

By the same right, the guy sitting across from you at the coffee house should be allowed to believe as he wants and attend any service he wants. And the woman sitting next to him should be allowed to dress as she pleases and work and live her life the way she wants.

And you can agree to disagree and go home and raise your family the way you want.

Theocracies and dictatorships don't work, and they comprise 100% of the unrest in the world today.
  7. we in Iran voted to this.
    we voted that we want Islams law.98 percent voted to this law in 1358
    this is our way to future
  8. 1358? you dont think times have changed?
  9. Please.

98 percent of uneducated male tribal elders voted to this law in 1358

no one else was allowed to vote
  10. In Agreement

Isn't Mousavi the person who wanted to make Iran a Nuclear Armed Iran? Is he who the Iranians wanted to be president? Is he the one the "West" countries wanted in Iran?

I feel bad for the Iranians who got killed or "martyred?", but are they in support for a Nuclear Armed Iran?

What is the beef?
  11. how stupid are you.
    all men and women that have 18 years old can vote in iran.
  12. Yes they can, but could they vote the year 1358?
  13. of course they could.
  14. US=Christian terror, Iran = Muslim terror

STOP doing it! US, Iran, and others that use God to justify their politics or their actions. STOP it or you will perish like others before... If you say: "I did this because I think we are blessed from God" you are insane or have a mental disorder. STOP using God for your benefit! The God is only in you and YOU are to be blamed for you actions.

SHAME ON YOU RELIGIOUS TERRORISTS Christians or Muslims... whatever....

PEACE!
  15. We blame the actions of the Iranian goverment. We don't disscuss Israel or Palestine. Look in your garden not the neighbours! Take responsibility for your actions NOW or live in a country w/o history from thousands of years!

What do I care for country with a where if a women is raped there must be 4 witneses to testify. So we gang-bang an iranian woman and she gats sued and killed with rocks cuz she is a sinnner ?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!?

All of you in the middle east must stop thinking like pricks and realise that the OIL will finish and you are done!
  16. maxoud Member

WE are not all muslim !

There is lots of zoroasterians, christians, jews, bahayiis, and ... in iran.

even if we don't mention them, there are lots of muslims in iran who don't like to wear a veil or obey some of its fanatic rules. Who dont like to have a fanatic government...

I regret when I find people like you in my country. the problem of you and your government is ... you call anyone who is not agree with you a monafegh!a pagan.

and you want to kill them in order to clean the earth...

if you like Islam... go and obey everything of it. but don't try to make everybody in Iran obey it.

BUt you and your government want everything and everybody as you like.

THATS WHY WE ARE FIGHTING FOR OUR FREEDOM NOW.

another university student!

(sry if I had lots of language mistakes:D)
  17. 2% are non-Muslim

Religion in Iran is dominated by the Twelver Shi'a branch of Islam, which is the official state religion and to which about 89% of Iranians belong. About 9% of Iranians belong to the Sunni branch of Islam, mainly Kurds and Iran's Balochi Sunni. The remaining 2% are non-Muslim religious minorities, including Bah's, Mandeans, Hindus, Yezidis, Yarsanis, Zoroastrians, Jews, and Christians

Iran - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
  18. Khomeni must be homosexual

HERE ARE SOME REAL WAYS TO INJURE/MAIM/and/or KILL BASIJI
    KILL BASIJI
    KILL BASIJI

Pepper spray, Milk for eyes skin will survive. Wear long sleave shirts the less skin is exposed the better it is. Goggles are best but wrap around sunglasses come close.

CS gas. Easy to defeat IF you don't rub your eyes, After about a minutes they will be watering so heavy you can actualy survive it ok. Don't rub your nose, let it drip otherwise you irritate it.

Decide on a rally point and time in case you get scattered. Be there count heads and you will know who to look for. Don't wait days or hours.

Tactics. Eyes are the secret, lasers, flashlights fingers whatever attack the eyes. Don't aim to kill aim to injure. An injured soldier takes 2 buddies to carry them off the field. If a column of soldiers attacks your line, let them in, it's too late to study the tactics of Mardonius but, once they come in you fold up behind them.

Fight a guerrilla war. Right now they are using it against you. Hit and run, don't take them on in a grinding fight. They will win. Hit do any damage you can and run. Attack supplies, not people.

laundry soap + Styrofoam + gasoline = napalm It's nasty but great for destroying equipment and building Fire lines they can't cross (the fire sticks to tires, shoes etc.)

A piece of pipe + a thin nail + a cotton ball and you can make a blow gun that is good at 10 ft. Won't kill but hurts.

Never under estimate the power of fear. Hit and run, erratic tactics and patterns all cause your enemy to become unnerved. Don't let the enemy sleep. Even if the attack causes no damage he will be wasting arms and sleep on you.

Control the terms of the fight. Do it where, when and how you want. Ignore his strengths attacks his weaknesses. Never be a hero, make him a hero, as hero's are those who die for a cause. Live to fight tomorrow.

Above all keep the faith. In your comrades, in your cause, and in your God. As faith will help you keep your sanity.
  19. discipline e

براي تو متاسفم که فريب انگليس و رفقاش رو خوردي.
    همين.
    براي امثال تو همون بهتر که آمريکايي ها بيان تو کشورت و حق توحش بگيرن.
    اونقدر واضحه که پشت سر اين حوادث کيان که هر احمقي توي ايران ميفهمه.
  20. I agree:

Any people who use a book/religion to oppress, emprison, and murder people are FUCKED in THE HEAD ///

These motherfuckers will stone-to-death a woman for the "crime of being raped" -- what about the COWARD MEN who DID the RAPING ... What about the stinking, un-bathed, bearded, rag-on-the-head, uneducated, ignorant old men who call themselves "Mullahs" -- these are the sick fucks who visit the "punishment" of Gang Rape, followed by Stoning-to-death of the girl who was raped...

THIS WHOLE FUCKING WAY OF THINKING IS FUCKED !!!!!!

HERE ARE SOME REAL WAYS TO INJURE/MAIM/and/or KILL BASIJI
    KILL BASIJI
    KILL BASIJI

Pepper spray, Milk for eyes skin will survive. Wear long sleave shirts the less skin is exposed the better it is. Goggles are best but wrap around sunglasses come close.

CS gas. Easy to defeat IF you don't rub your eyes, After about a minutes they will be watering so heavy you can actualy survive it ok. Don't rub your nose, let it drip otherwise you irritate it.

Decide on a rally point and time in case you get scattered. Be there count heads and you will know who to look for. Don't wait days or hours.

Tactics. Eyes are the secret, lasers, flashlights fingers whatever attack the eyes. Don't aim to kill aim to injure. An injured soldier takes 2 buddies to carry them off the field. If a column of soldiers attacks your line, let them in, it's too late to study the tactics of Mardonius but, once they come in you fold up behind them.

Fight a guerrilla war. Right now they are using it against you. Hit and run, don't take them on in a grinding fight. They will win. Hit do any damage you can and run. Attack supplies, not people.

laundry soap + Styrofoam + gasoline = napalm It's nasty but great for destroying equipment and building Fire lines they can't cross (the fire sticks to tires, shoes etc.)

A piece of pipe + a thin nail + a cotton ball and you can make a blow gun that is good at 10 ft. Won't kill but hurts.

Never under estimate the power of fear. Hit and run, erratic tactics and patterns all cause your enemy to become unnerved. Don't let the enemy sleep. Even if the attack causes no damage he will be wasting arms and sleep on you.

Control the terms of the fight. Do it where, when and how you want. Ignore his strengths attacks his weaknesses. Never be a hero, make him a hero, as hero's are those who die for a cause. Live to fight tomorrow.

Above all keep the faith. In your comrades, in your cause, and in your God. As faith will help you keep your sanity.
  21. maxoud Member

(he said its better for you that Americans come to your country and take the right of savagery and...)

I don't know how you came to this conclusion that Americas will do that.

Its the kind of reasoning which only you Basijis and your leader khameneii are fimiliar with.

But what is obvious to me and most of the other Iranians, is that now its you Basijis who have the right of killing the innocent people in the streets cause they are shouting their rights.

And as you are the most brainwashed people in the world and you think you will go to heaven when you kill people like me, So Im sure I can't convince you anyway.

I just wnat to say to the foreigners that these peole are in minority in my country, they have lots of privileges in this government but they are in minority.

Iraninans Are not all like Ahmadinejad and Khameneii.
  22. The proof is in the protests.
  23. that is soooo pooey mannnnnn i wish he trips and scrapes his knee
  24. May Khomeini burn in hell

All the morons that started the so called "Islamic Revolution" in 1979, where are they now? Either rotting in their graves after having been killed by the thug Islamic government or living outside of Iran. I just don't understand how the Islamic thugs who overthrew the monarchy and turned time back 100 years to turn the country into a third-world backward theocracy can live with themselves having destroyed a country and its people. And where are the balls of the Iranian people now? Doesn't anyone have any courage anymore to rise up against the stupid Islamic theocracy? Learn some courage from the people of Egypt, you cowards.
    Wake up and rise up against the legacy that Khomeini (may he burn in hell for eternity) left Iran, that of destruction, death, poverty and stupidity.