Customize

Kirstie Alley slams Abilify antidepressant ad campaign

Discussion in 'Kirstie Alley' started by The Wrong Guy, Mar 31, 2013.

1. The Wrong Guy Member

Scientologist Kirstie Alley Slams Antidepressant Ad Campaign | Radar Online

Posted on March 31, 2013 | By Radar Staff

Scientology strongly opposes the use antidepressants and other drugs prescribed for psychiatric problems, and Kirstie Alley has now taken to her Twitter page to rail against the way one particular prescription med is being marketed.

“HOW is it legal to INTICE people to down TWO mind altering drugs by using cartoon characters to depict the DRUGS? ABILIF,” Alley wrote.

The former Dancing with the Stars contestant was referring to Abilify, which is currently using two dimensional illustrated characters in its advertising. The drug is marketed as “an add-on treatment for adults with depression when an antidepressant alone is not enough.”

Continued at http://radaronline.com/exclusives/2...-alley-slams-antidepressant-drug-advertising/
    • Like Like x 4
  2. anon walker Moderator

...says the fat, whiny dysfunctional cow who could probably benefit from anti-depressants coupled with Abilify...
    • Like Like x 8
  3. I hope she keeps shooting off her mouth, making it harder to justify employing her on mindless froth such as DWTS. To the networks, advertising is king and I'm sure they'd jettison Kirsty long before they booted Pfizer.
    • Like Like x 6
  4. She wants a bigger trophy from DM but doesn't have the cash to buy it. (The big trophies are very expensive!)

a8.jpg
  5. Anonymous Member

In that pic ^ she is merely huge.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Anonymous Member

I hate agreeing with Scientologists, but anti-depressants are definitely being prescribed with wild abandon by some doctors. I wish more time and energy was being spent on proven talk therapies (like cognitive-behavioral, not whatever bullshit Dianetics is peddling this week) with medications used as a temporary stabilizer in all but the most intractable cases. Abilify's ad campaign rubs me the wrong way, because it presents "MOAR DRUGS" as the answer, when more often than not, different drugs or more therapy is the correct answer.

Kirstie Alley's still a dumb cunt, though.
    • Like Like x 6
  7. CarterUSP Member

Note how far forward DM is standing to stpo him looking so small
    • Like Like x 4
  8. Anonymous Member

I agree to an extent- anti depressants are over presecribed because it's far cheaper than sending someone to see a therapist. They are supposed to be a quick fix in most cases rather than a long term solution but can be used alongside an effective therapy such as CBT.

It always amuses and annoys me that the usuall bullshit about no blood test to show mental illness- people who say that need to be put in a room with a load of untreated paranoid schizophrenics (who's illness would not show in blood tests but most certainly would show in their behvior).

So- let's see the blood tests to show engrams, or BTs or the "bank" or "reactive mind" shall we Scientology?!
    • Like Like x 2
  9. Anonymous Member

The damn trophy is still nearly as tall as he, meaning it's probably only really impressive to him.
  10. It's on a presentation pedestal:
    impact123-53-a.jpg
  11. anon walker Moderator

She <snicker> DWARFS Miscavige!
    • Like Like x 2
  12. anon walker Moderator

He is considerably more to the front than the others. DM has learned what every angler knows; if you want your fish to look more impressive, hold it out closer to the camera! (Someone should turn off the fan, pore li'l midget gonna blow away!)
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Source-v193-p37.jpg
    &quot;Now, I have genuine affinity for mankind and I'm up to taking genuine responsibility for mankind. And when I saw the plans for this Mecca and what it's going to be- it's the true definition of a Mecca. It's going to be something spectacular.&quot;
    http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~dst/Secrets/Kirstie/
  14. Malory Member

David Miscavige is small, Kirstie Alley is far away.
    • Like Like x 1
  15. The Wrong Guy Member

• Like Like x 1
  16. Anonymous Member

It's cuz abilfy makes u fat. You don't hear her gripeing about meth.
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Anonymous Member

zvf3l.jpg
    • Like Like x 2