Customize

Kirstie Alley's Maine home for sale. Hope you like pink.

Discussion in 'Celebrity News' started by Anonymous, Jan 7, 2013.

1. grebe Member

Exactly. Where are the boys supposed to hang out in that totally frilly place?

There's water. That means boats and snorkeling and bird watching and adventures. Even girls like to have adventures, even though that means boots covered in mud, waders, slickers, tools, and slimy stuff. And running into the house to go pee or to get a drink while you're a bit drippy. So part of the house needs to be ready for some gear and half done projects laying about.

If the furnishings can't take a bit of cat sick and West System epoxy, they aren't worth having.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. I think I just overdosed on chintz.

Kirsty is displaying her middle-class midwestern roots. She probably thinks this is what a cottage is supposed to look like. If Kinkade painited interior scenes they would look like this. I would hate to have to dust those fucking cloth-covered fake birdcage thingys dangling from that vaulted ceiling.

In reality (speaking from experience) New England summer homes should be a bit more Eddie Bauer with a smattering of weird old family stuff like fishing poles and lobster pots and old glasses made from 50's era jelly jars that have sat on the shelf for decades next to the depression-era fiestaware that no-one eats off of anymore because of the lead dangers. Nothing is covered in chintz, no table cloths anywhere and the beds are covered with quilts made by long deceased family matriarchs.

She is clueless. I hope she's selling this to fund her lemurs, not scientology.
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Funny Funny x 3
  3. Anonymous Member

Ya know Kirstie, you can have all the money in the world and it will never buy you class. Or taste. Or brains enough to avoid con-men like L Ron.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. YouSeeNothing Member

Dongcopter Decorating has a nice ring to it. :)
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Anonymous Member

or enough muumuus for each day of the rest of your sad life.
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. blownforgood Member

I talked to a guy that did a bunch of work @ Kirstie's house in Florida. He said that there were PILES & PILES of monkey shit everywhere. He said whatever landed inside the monkey cages, the monkeys would throw at people or stuff outside of the cages.

Supposedly she spends a boat load on these monkeys but it aint on the cleanup detail.

Needless to say, it was pretty nasty.
    • Funny Funny x 2
  7. Anonymous Member

To think there was a time when many of us would have slipped her the salami... /facepalm
  8. I love Thomas Kinkade:
    View attachment lrg-356-commercial_art_with_thomas_kinkade_ceramic
    • Funny Funny x 1

9. I might steal that!:)

My style is pretty distinctive. My dad claimed I decorated in 'early opium den'. I just like to think I have good taste...;)

I grew up working class in Flyover but I summered with relatives in New England north of Boston until I was 18. Kirstie is missing the point completely. You don't go to a cottage in that place to pimp it out. You go to slum with the plain ol' folk in a small town for a month. Rough it in a simple, perhaps even non-heated house with the second-best silver plate and a bunch of stuff too old or amusing to put in your formal row house on Beacon Hill. The refrigerator is really that old and not a reproduction and the showers must be conserved in the single bathroom.

She's missing out, poor thing.
  10. Anonymous Member

It's obscene, just like the owner.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Anonymous Member

Ayup.
    79f7948754ccb0d20c6ea11c42070e9c.png.jpg
    cd5ebf0ce4cd45552ceb3545ca269abb.png.jpg
    • Like Like x 1

12. You HAVE to have a porch! To sit and watch whatever it is you are watching, or read or sleep when it gets hot or eat or lounge. Kirsty's porch is unimpressive. She thinks the inside of the cottage is what counts. In real life you spend very little time inside it.
  13. Anonymous Member

We agree.
    d36536772940b4e4b02760c9c522f0f6.png.jpg
  14. ^^Thanks, I'm sure you do, by the way, Shaw's wedding is over there (points helpfully)...
  15. YouSeeNothing Member

Family and I rented a cabin in the woods last year. Beautiful, three-story cabin with all the modern conveniences including central air, pool table and a big LCD tv--we spent the entire vacation outside on the porch.
  16. DeathHamster Member

17. And that is how it should be. :)

PS: The cottage I stayed at had a B&W TV until the mid nineties. I first saw Monty Python and Lawrence of Arabia on it's withered, faded screen. I spent my time engineering ways to make my granfather's radio pick up Boston FM radio.
  18. Anonymous Member

I wonder what the her neighbors on that island are thinking. I wonder if they're relieved.
  19. Anonymous Member

If I had the money, I would buy Kirstie's cabin and turn it into a little sanctuary for people in the medical field looking for a comfortable getaway.
  20. Anonymous Member

FIFY
    • Like Like x 1
  21. Anonymous Member

22. RightOn Member

a party house for myself and my friends and then when COS finally tanks, have one hell of a fuckton party!
  23. anon walker Moderator

I wouldn't go in that room. It simply reeks of cooties.
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  24. RightOn Member

what? no lemurs on the roof? lol
  25. I LOVE IT IF I HAD THE MONEY I SO WOULD BUY IT!
    Wish I hit the lotto ! I love this house I never change one thing .❤️❤️❤️ Is everything inside included ?!!!
  26. Anonymous Member

No, she's taking her body thetans with her.
    • Like Like x 1
  27. Anonymous Member

miley-cyrus-poses-with-a-monkey-at-a-party.jpg