Customize

Kirstie in "Giant Baby"

Discussion in 'Kirstie Alley' started by whitesand, Dec 6, 2012.

1. whitesand Member

I'm not making this up, it's what her new TV sitcom is named, Giant Baby.

It's interesting how the article is about Michael Richards, but the star of the show is Kirstie.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/12/05/michael-richards-kirstie-alley/

Kramer’s heading back to TV

TV Land confirms to EW that Seinfeld star Michael Richards has been cast in the pilot of Giant Baby, a new sitcom starring Kirstie Alley. The pilot tapes next week. Richards hasn’t had a starring role on the small (or big) screen since 2000, when The Michael Richards Show came and went on NBC. (Blame that old Seinfeld curse, or the fact that the series wasn’t funny.) Of course, his career really hit a standstill in 2006, when a vulgar, belligerent clip of the comedian freely spouting the N-word at West Hollywood’s Laugh Factory hit TMZ.
    Here’s a series description, courtesy of TV Land.
    Giant Baby revolves around Madison “Maddie” Banks, a Broadway star who finds her life turned upside down when Arlo, her long-lost son, turns up looking to connect after his adopted mother has died. However, Maddie doesn’t exactly see nerdy and schlubby Arlo fitting in with her luxurious lifestyle. When her attempt to change Arlo backfires, Maddie finds that perhaps they both could use a little change in their lives.
    Alley is playing Maddie; Richards will play her limo driver. The series will also star Rhea Pearlman — Alley’s old Cheers co-star — as Maddie’s assistant, and will guest star Dancing With the Stars‘ Gilles Marini as Maddie’s chef.
  2. All I can think of is that guy whose pics are all over the net who is still being cared for by his mother as a Giant Baby.

Whatta seriously shitty name for a show. I give it one season, but I could be wrong. I've never understood the american viewing public.
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. BlooAnon Member

You gave it a season? Seriously? Not all pilots that are shot get picked up.
  4. Anonymous Member

eeeewwwwwwwwwwwww, horrid visions of Kirsty in a diaper eeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwww

brb/razorz
    • Agree Agree x 2
  5. Well Krusty and Rhea together probably have enough pull to get the thing going and a few old cheers lovers will tune in for them, so I think it will survive the pilot, but frankly I hope your right.
    • Agree Agree x 2
  6. Anon1942 Member

She has the baby fat for it.
  7. JohnnyRUClear Member

This is a great name for a show. I'm already laughing!
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. I wonder if this show is a factor in the Danny/Rhea split? Not sure I'd want to see my spouse in a fail reunion project headed by a delusional sci. The use of Rhea and the guy from Seinfeld seems a little cynical, like the show is counting on a bunch of older fans who loved Cheers and Seinfeld back in the day. I'm surprised she didn't round up a 'Friend' or two to pull in more nostalgic viewers.

I thought it weird that the article named all of Krusty's old friends from other shows but never once named the guy who would play her awkward schlubby kid. I'm sure there's one hanging around the Celebrity Center who's just dying for a break.