Customize

Knowledge Report - New Indiegogo effort to fund WBM's documentary

Discussion in 'News and Current Events' started by failboat, Mar 4, 2013.

1. failboat Member

Knowledge Report: A documentary about Scientology

Exposing the fraud and abuse of the Church of Scientology

[IMG]

http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/knowledge-report-a-documentary-about-scientology?c=home

Key points, as of the posting of OP:
    • Launched 4 days ago
    • $50 raised of $5000 goal
    • 57 days remaining
    • Ends April 29, 2013, midnight, Pacific time

There's more information here; donate, click through, generate traffic, share, etc:
    http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/knowledge-report-a-documentary-about-scientology?c=home

Here's a link to excerpts from interviews that will eventually be in the movie:
    http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLE420963C5624D2C5

I first heard about this Indiegogo campaign here:

• Like Like x 5
  2. Anonymous Member

Would you buy a used car from those two?
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Anonymous Member

No, but I might buy a documentary from Mark Bunker, if he were selling one...

...Which is the point.
    • Like Like x 5
  4. Anonymous Member

How many times is he going to sell this particular piece? I mean really, he's been to this well before.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Anonymous Member

You didn't watch the video where he explains how he plans to spend this money, did you? Your useless remark that sounds like just the sort of thing OSA would say.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Anonymous Member

It's nothing compared to the super power bldg and ideal morgues, lol.
    • Like Like x 2
  7. Anonymous Member

If we stopped supporting every valuable project that went over budget or became late due to delays, then we might as well stop calling it art.

The Master was long-delayed and only resuscitated by a generous donor, after being dead because Universal didn't want to fund the project.
    • Like Like x 2
  8. Anonymous Member

Not OSA, an anon who sees that he has done this 7 times before to the tune of nearly $70,000. Had it been anyone else you would have all jumped on it, but since it is WBM no one says a word.
    • Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  9. Anonymous Member

Let's remember that WWP needs donations as well. It really is quite generous of sue to allow donation drives for other causes here on WWP, while this site struggles to stay afloat.
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Anonymous Member

Are you fucking retarded?

WWP fights and exposes Scientology abuses.

The documentary intends to expose Scientology abuses.

Raising money for both causes is in the mutual interest of both parties.

If you can't see that, then I advise you to go back to kindergarten and re-socialize, because you obviously haven't figured it out.
    • Like Like x 2
  11. Anonymous Member

You make pointless insinuations, just like OSA.

WBM has provided ample evidence that his movie is progressing. He has already put in countless hours of work into it.

$500 000 is barely enough to make the most basic low budget documentary.

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/10/16/movies/16rams.html?_r=0
    • Like Like x 2
  12. Anonymous Member

Welcome to hive mind. Some people agree, some people don't. That is how the game is played .People who agree can donate, those who don't can keep their money in their pockets.

The attacks are a nice touch. Really adds to the argument.
  13. Anonymous Member

It's not safe to disagree with WBM so we will complain behind the safety of the Anonymous avatar.
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Anonymous Member

This contradicts the spirit of the comment you made regarding sue being "generous" in allowing this donation drive.

People have donated to this cause before on WWP, and will again.

Whether or not sue agrees, sue is not being "generous" in allowing the drive. Sue is just being an admin on a forum dedicated to fighting Scientology, and this is a thread relevant to fighting Scientology.
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Anonymous Member

sue is being generous with this drive. sue doesn't have to allow this drive on wwp.
    • Like Like x 2
  16. Horseradish Member

$300 raised in the last few hours.
    It's a film that needs to be made and seen.
    • Like Like x 1
  17. sue Administrator

All your moneys belong to us.

Seriously tho, as long as no one sees this as "officially endorsed" Its cool.
    The above is simply to avoid butthurt when someone runs off with donations, this applies to pretty much all fundraising.
    • Like Like x 3
  18. Anonymous Member

I'll send more money. The last time I donated was over a year ago.I can afford to donate again since.
    The rest of you - stop whining. You're under no obligation to donate. It's a voluntary thing.
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Don't let wwp sink, DONATE!
  20. The Wrong Guy Member

• Like Like x 1
  21. jensting Member

I contributed
    • Like Like x 3
  22. Horseradish Member

Me too.
    SP levels is very in the spirit of Elron. Maybe there should have been 8 or 12 tho'.
    • Like Like x 2
  23. fishypants Moderator

Is there an executive summary for those of us who prefer the written word?

Because on the linked web page I see lots about how great the movie will be (and I'm sure it will) but nothing much about why more money is needed or what it will be used for.
  24. Anonymous Member

see post #20
  25. fishypants Moderator

Thanks, but I already read that. That page was what I was talking about when I said:

26. Anonymous Member

here's #20 again.
    1. Need to hire some actors
    2. rent locations and
    3. film an Orientation spoof
    • Like Like x 1
  27. rickybobby Member

He has already done many interviews for the film that are up on YouTube.
  28. fishypants Moderator

Oh yeah. Was so busy reading the web page itself, didn't notice that bit. Duh.

He could maybe just work with what he's got at this stage? Am a fan of WBM, but am also wondering if this thing will every actually be complete. The best being the enemy of the good, and all that.
    • Like Like x 1
  29. Anonymous Member

Films are notoriously expensive to make. $500 000 is for a typical documentary. We're getting it for about 15% of that. It's a heck of a bargain.
  30. The Wrong Guy Member

Tony Ortega posted this today:

Mark Bunker, who just started another Indiegogo fundraiser to help finish his highly-anticipated documentary about Scientology, Knowledge Report, has been a little quiet lately.

And no wonder. He’s been working like a dog to get his movie done, interviewing people all over the country.

So it was a treat to hear him talk at length about Scientology with comedian Jake Weisman and Allan Chaykin in a three hour podcast. Part one is here. And here’s part two.

Weisman really seems up on the latest news about Scientology, and he and Chaykin and Bunker make for a good trio to discuss the issue. We could listen to Bunker all day.

From http://tonyortega.org/2013/03/06/wednesday-story/
    • Like Like x 5
  31. Anonymous Member

These never play for me, they're stuck on "Buffering", and the direct links to download the .mp3 files give a 404 error.
    If anyone manages to get them can you upload them elsewhere for us please?
  32. Anonymous Member

• Like Like x 3
  33. Anonymous Member

What I like about Mark Bunker in this interview is his direct contradiction of Larry Wright's "Hubbard was about helping people because he didn't take the money and run like a scam artist, so because he devoted his life to it he wasn't one" interviews.
    Mark points out that Hubbard was in it for the money right from the beginning, but being inside it for so long had him believing his own lies.
    • Like Like x 2
  34. Anonymous Member

Are Jake Weisman and Allan Chaykin WWP regulars? They are well informed of the Scientology corporation's bizarre abuses and practices.
  35. Horseradish Member

I know what you mean. But I think he is right that a movie composed entirely of talking heads will be a little monotonous, regardless of the exciting content.
    He seems to be getting there.
  36. Horseradish Member

Current funding stands at $785. Target $5,000.
  37. Anonymous Member

38. There is a problem with the donation page for WBM's film. If you hit the Donate button the next page does not have a way to continue. If you hit the preset amount, and do not change the "Perk" then you can complete the process. If you change the Perk, then you loose the continue button. Note sent to WBM.
  39. Anonymous Member

Bump. Someone donated $1000 recently. There are 24 days left. He is about halfway there.
    • Like Like x 4
  40. Anonymous Member

• Like Like x 1