Customize

Kook apologist John Bowen Brown II rides again!

Discussion in 'Media' started by Anonymous, Mar 10, 2011.

1. Anonymous Member

Previous thread: Cult apologist threatens to sue WBM for harassment

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/nurel/message/684
    There's cheese in my fridge that's sharper than JBB 2.0.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Anonymous Member

So sociologists had studied DDOS way back in 1973........? Wot a fuck nutjob.
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  3. Optimisticate Member

From a 2001 press release of his: http://www.watchtowernews.org/johnbrown.htm

The research paper he is clarifying: http://www.cesnur.org/2009/slc_brown.htm

Please to be dissect at will.

Juicy details below ... OMFG IS THIS TRUE???? You ANIMALS!

4. Anonymous Member

For a second I got John Bowen Brown II confused with that other nutter Barrett Brown.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. DeathHamster Member

Someone should introduce those two.
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Anonymous Member

7. Anonymous Member

Sad how this shit gets recycled.

There were no arrests in Georgia and nothing to do with masks. The police did, however, turn up in full riot gear and started ticketing any drivers that honked while passing.

The video recorded of the Boston incident clearly shows no one entered the building. There was no arrests but Gregg, due to his name being on the protest permits, got b& from protesting for a year (even though the video showed he never went into the building).

Unfamiliar with Tucson, although it would surprise if a scifag got something like that going.
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Optimisticate Member

Conference is at noon today.

Anyone have an idea what time zone?

I wonder if there will be a Q&A session. I have a few questions I'd like to ask :)
  9. DeathHamster Member

It'd be like dissecting roadkill. A fine example of the quality of papers presented at CESNUR.
  10. Anonymous Member

Area code 605 is South Dakota, aaand the state is split between Central and Mountain. The guy is an idiot. He seems to be located in Arizona, so probably Mountain (GMT-0700). The whole idea of a telephone conference is incredibly backward and quaint!

If anyone does listen, a recording of this kook would be nice.
  11. Anonymous Member

Someone should do a bit of independent journalism and try to be part of it, IMO. Then ask the appropriate questions such as:

"But Mr. Brown, according to police records no one in Boston entered the building, and only Gregg Housh was arrested." <<< For example.

In fact, here is an interesting idea. A number of fast-research-fags can start a chatroom somewhere with the volunteer who participates in the teleconference and quickly catch every lie and half-truth Brown makes, so the volunteer can bring it up.
  12. Optimisticate Member

Awesome idea, but a true journalist should do the call in instead of an anon (unless there is someone around here who is both). I contemplated calling, but I don't have skype and I won't do it from my cell or home phone since I don't know how (or if) incoming calls are tracked by conference companies.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Anonymous Member

Paging Barrett Brown, True Journalist. Barrett Brown to the white courtesy phone pl0x...
  14. Anonymous Member

Okay, anyone who wants to take up the role as a researcher, he's inviting those too. Preferably someone who is assertive cause I anticipate this apologist is skilled at talking over people.
  15. Optimisticate Member

Will see what can be done.
  16. DeathHamster Member

Did anyone listen in, or did his teleconference happen at all?
  17. XENU TV Member

A journalist has told me he's about to publish a story claiming that I am picking on Mr. Brown:

I responded:

He shot back:

So he plans to paint me as an attacker of the autistic. We're talking about this this guy:

I can't believe how Mr. Bowen Brown happily plays the victim card.
    • Like Like x 2
  18. mongrel Member

Yep! The best way to display your professionalism as a reporter is to showcase your lack of command of the English language. Threats and insults are very effective as well.

Honestly, I'd forgotten about the basement-dweller who thinks he's a professor. Thanks for the laugh.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Anonymous Member

Debating these clowns would be like competing in the Special Olympics.
  20. John Bowen Brown II reminds me of Glenn Beck...only crazier.
  21. ftfy
  22. Internetzin Member

Autism Spectrum disorder huh?.. shock horror, every man and his dog has Aspergers, most manage just fine without the need to play a fucking sympathy card.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  23. Anonymous Member

Appears mental.
    • Funny Funny x 2
  24. Anonymous Member

• Like Like x 1
  25. Anonymous Member

someone say something about a beard?

tumblr_m708rqG9V01qfwdts.jpg
  26. Random guy Member

Say, did this guy ever actually sue you?
  27. Anonymous Member

Can find nothing on this Anderson Grant person. Obviously a well known and highly regarded journalist basement dweller. Guessing it is either Brown himself or one of his personalities friends trying to rattle you.
    Al and all not worth more than a meh of your time.
  28. anon walker Moderator

As a journalist, (lol) you should know:

1. how to use spell check
    2. who the fuck writes "have sat"
    3. side by site, yeah, good editing you moran.

So you managed to weasel in with a bunch of bloggers and call yourself a journalist. LOL.
    4. Yourself is one word, stupid. Well, stupid is another word but it applies to your writing sample here.

"Journalists like you...." AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAA!

Yeah, your writing ability shows you're DEFINITELY a journalist. Not.
  29. fishypants Moderator

agreed that he seems to be a moron, but what's wrong with "have sat"?

http://www.gutenberg.org/files/46/46-h/46-h.htm
  30. XENU TV Member

No, of course not. Now this journalist says that someone tagged his fence.

31. anon walker Moderator

Contemporary English, it's not. There are a dozen reasons why 'have sat' shouldn't be used and that is one of them. Unless you're trying for that flash futuroid 50s flavor, I guess. Emulating Hubbard and all that.
  32. Anonymous Member

Two thoughts.
    1. Many anons are aspie
    2. I call bullshit on the whole rant.
  33. fishypants Moderator

Maybe this is a British English vs American English thing, because it seems fine to me (here in the UK) and not particularly archaic.

http://www.timeshighereducation.co.uk/story.asp?storyCode=165015&amp;sectioncode=26
    (2001)

train_derail.jpg
    • Like Like x 1
  34. XENU TV Member

This amuses me greatly:

He is upset that I became his only YouTube subscriber. Gasp! What villainy on my part. He has since deleted me.

https://www.youtube.com/user/Draculsatan
    • Funny Funny x 5
  35. JohnnyRUClear Member

Mark, you mean? We gonna have to start calling you Mean Beard Man? Or maybe Wise Beard Mean?
  36. grebe Member

"unbethelite" --Jehovah's Witness?
    • Funny Funny x 1
  37. Anonymous Member

Why Mr. Anderson? Why, why, why do you persist??
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  38. Anonymous Member

The guy has a youtube account page? This depresses me (with IQ 130 I don't have one!) and therefore is illegal. WBM, please tell him to stop it!!1!

Seriously, the poor sod needs ...
    somebody to love.
  39. Anonymous Member

Is it just me or does his youtube channel claim he is 111?
  40. I just wanted to isolate this brilliant piece of writing from one of his YouTube comments.
    • Funny Funny x 3