Customize

Lauri Love Hackivist

Discussion in 'Projects' started by DeltaAnon-_-, May 16, 2017.

1. DeltaAnon-_- Member

So Hey guys im new so pls don't fuck me up too bad if im too newfag for you. Ik this story is kind of old but its still worth mentioning so here it is:

A man by the name of Lauri Love is facing charges from the UK and US gov't because he was (allegedly) part of OpLastResort, which for those of you who don't know what that is; it was an Anonymous Operation (in the wake of Aaron Schwartz's death) against mainly the US gov't to try and find out the truth behind what happend to Aaron and to finish what he started. Anyway he's facing at least 3 requests for US extradition even though the crime (hacking) was committed in the UK. The US gov't still hasn't stopped
    after all these years which leads me to believe that they are still trying to stop creative minds that attempt to enrich humanity, only recently have there been attempts from the UK gov't to try and bring him to justice in the UK rather than extradite him to the US. Long story short he's tired of all this shit and is now able to appeal against his extradition ruling (which before wasn't entirely possible).

Those are the basics really if you want to find out more or find out how you can help, see the links below:

One good place to start is here (if you wanna help): https://freelauri.com this will help him pay his defense bills.

Recent Interview: https://motherboard.vice.com/en_us/...about-his-fight-against-extradition-to-the-us

His upcoming apeal: https://www.theregister.co.uk/2017/...i_love_permission_to_appeal_extradition_to_us

If I'm not up to date with some things or just simply missing some facts please don't get triggered just lemme know in the replies, future me will be really sorry about that! I believe that on this platform we have the power to change this ridiculous case and tell the gov't (UK and US) that this kind of shit is NOT okay. Am I being too optimistic? Yes probably! But as long as there's life, there is hope...

Δout.
  2. pillowcase Member

3. DeltaAnon-_- Member

4. DeltaAnon-_- Member

So do I delete this post or what?
  5. Stop posting the same shit in multiple threads , instead do a search and discover if your topic has already been covered elsewhere.
    There is a searchbox in the upper right hand side of the page.
  6. DeltaAnon-_- Member

Chill dude im a newfag
  7. Also I did exactly what you said and searched and the only thing that came up was the LulzSec and SOCA thread ( https://whyweprotest.net/threads/lulzsec-and-soca.103376/page-4 ) and I doubled check to untick the box that says "search this thread only". So leave me alone weeb :p
  8. You're also a cunt and as you can't help it we'll ignore for the moment.
  9. Disambiguation Global Moderator

Hi Delta
    Welcome to our hugbox
  10. DeltaAnon-_- Member

• Like Like x 1
  11. Disambiguation Global Moderator

Question- was Laurie Love a member here many years ago?

12. He wasn't .
  13. He was never involved with Op Last Resort.
    His entire demeanour was that of someone reckless and obsessive in ways that we considered would endanger everything we were hoping to achieve at that time.
    He was headstrong at best and out of control at worst , his own worst enemy in all things.

As for being around him on a more personal level , nightmare.
  14. DeltaAnon-_- Member

Damn okay I really didn't know about this sry for the waste of time fellas
  15. Sockofleas Member

Those words are at the end of your first post on this subject and here you are giving up already.
    If the point you're hoping to make is about extradition from one country to another, in this case UK to US then continue with it, see where it leads. Small beginnings and all that.

Gary McKinnon faced extradition too and his story is covered in depth at the link;

https://www.theguardian.com/world/gary-mckinnon

That guy faced 60 years in a US prison for allegedly hacking into The Pentagon and NASA and he'd be there now if his mother hadn't fought his corner.

Don't be put off so easily by anyone here or anywhere else for that matter.
  16. DeltaAnon-_- Member

Thanks man appreciate it
    • Like Like x 1
  17. DeltaAnon-_- Member

It doesn't really matter if he was part of Lulzsec or OpLastResort or neither okay. The point is that the gov't is again trying to shut people up who don't like the system. I don't have any evidence for the following but I think that the US gov't has some overblown, fake facts about Love just so they can add another 10 years to his sentence or use it to enforce their arguments regarding the extradition. They did similar things to Aaron Schwartz, Ross Ulbricht etc.That should be enough to fight for him I feel.
  18. Sockofleas Member

Tor Ekeland is the American attorney representing Lauri Love. He's represented other names we're familiar with like weev , and currently Deric Lostutter.

https://torekeland.com

If there are fake facts on the indictment then his defence attorney will follow up on those during the pre-trial discovery process. Discovery, in the law of the United States and other countries, is a pre-trial procedure in a lawsuit in which each party, through the law of civil procedure, can obtain evidence from the other party or parties by means of discovery devices such as a request for answers to interrogatories, request for production of documents, request for admissions and depositions. Discovery can be obtained from non-parties using subpoenas. When a discovery request is objected to, the requesting party may seek the assistance of the court by filing a motion to compel discovery.

Love has a lot of people working hard on his behalf look around and check for yourself and if you find there's something lacking come back with evidence of it and you might have a chance of someone willing to help you pick up the slack.
    Alternatively go check out twitter for any action on Lauri Love there but his account might still have a ban on it for an alleged violent threat. Check pastebin there's a call to action there multi links too.

Your enthusiasm is admirable but without facts anons don't anon.
  19. Sockofleas Member

Also check this, it's bang up to date with what's happening, it's The Courage Foundation link to his case.

https://www.freelauri.com/This site was commissioned by the trustees of Courage (formerly the Journalistic Source Protection Defence Fund), dedicated to building support for Lauri Love and providing information on the threats he continues to face. We also seek to draw attention to the issues Lauri’s alleged actions have raised and support his desire for reform of them.
    One of the tasks of the trustees is to oversee the functioning of Courage, which has been set up to raise money for journalistic sources’ legal defence campaigns. Lauri Love is Courage’s sixth beneficiary, but he will not be its last. We expect to be supporting more journalistic sources and whistleblowers in the future and we expect to grow as more journalistic sources are nominated as recipients.
    It is the only fund endorsed by Lauri Love. If you see others claiming to raise revenue for Lauri Love, please report them to the trustees at: courage.trustee@couragefound.org
    To contact us about any issue involving the site, or for general or media-related inquiries, please email: courage.contact@couragefound.org