Customize

Leah Remini has left Scientology?

Discussion in 'Celebrity News' started by The Wrong Guy, Jul 5, 2013.

1. The Wrong Guy Member

• Like Like x 8
  2. rickybobby Member

Another one bites the dust.
  3. RightOn Member

until I see real dox, I say no. For her to say "Catholics pray , yes." sounds like a typical scilon questions dodger.
    If someone asks if she is still a Scientologist and she doesn't give a direct answer, then you know she is still in.
    Unless she says no, then I am not going to assume she's out yet.
    Perhaps she is waking up and looking at her original faith again.
    • Like Like x 8
  4. amaX Member

• Like Like x 1
  5. The Internet Member

I tend to agree. Tony be trolling, lulz.
    • Like Like x 2
  6. Right on rightOn
    • Like Like x 2
  7. Anonymous Member

I knew a family when I was in. They attended mass every Sunday. They were stone cold scientologists, and they practiced Catholicism. I always wondered what would happen when they learned Jesus was part of the R6 implant.
  8. RightOn Member

they would accept it
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Kilia Member

I sure hope so! I like watching Kevin James & Leah Remini on the King of Queens
  10. Anonymous Member

Someone editing her Wikipedia-page is really not a reason to say she (may have) left. I checked the history, and the changes were made by a single, unregistered user on July 1st. Some clam watcher has left a notice on the talk page of the article. This could be a PR attempt to sanitize her article, not a reflection of her actually leaving.
    • Like Like x 1
  11. anon33 Member

OK, I'm sure what is unacceptable is when you call out scilons three times. My post disappeared. Now I'm reposting:

It doesn't not matter if she is still in or not. Since she isn't proud or unwilling to admit to being a scilon, it is a big PR flop for scilons, COS, any type of indies or those even don't call themselves scilons.
  12. Anonymous Member

But she's ohhh sooo worthy...

Adv106-LeahReminiAd.jpg
    • Like Like x 2
  13. Anonymous Member

I didn't know Jimmy Fallon (with fake moustache) was a scilon.
    • Like Like x 3
  14. anon33 Member

To all scilions, Leah Remini is ashamed to be a scilon. Per LRH, she is an opinion leader. Learn.
    • Like Like x 2
  15. anon33 Member

sci check rundown
    one little two little three little scilons
    four little five little six little scilons
    seven little eight little nine little scilons
    ten ...

16. And now the Wikipedia page has been edited again, stating she is a member.
  17. Anonymous Member

And here we thought the CoS was banned from editing.
    • Like Like x 1
  18. PresidentShaw Member

• Like Like x 3
  19. Random guy Member

Which one of the edits, the removal or the revert?
  20. Anonymous Member

I gotta go with the revert.
  21. Random guy Member

Not my impression.
  22. Anonymous Member

Do you think Remini put it back in?
  23. Random guy Member

Check the article history. The changes were reverted by a regular contributor. If anything, it think it was "our" side that reverted the edits, setting the records straight.
  24. Anonymous Member

Thank you for setting me straight. I'm not so familiar with the ways of the Wiki
  25. The Wrong Guy Member

• Like Like x 6
  26. Jennifer Lopez is in deep to Scientology. Although Tony Ortega says

27. Anonymous Member

Perhaps Leah is not practicing disconnection?
  28. Perhaps.

Tony Ortega's site:
  29. [IMG]

Leah Remini considers herself a Catholic now I think. Also, when I checked her twitter page earlier she linked to her sister who talks about God several times, prayer & quoted Joyce Meyers on her page.
  30. Anonymous Member

Lopez denied she personally considered herself a scilon earlier this year:
    http://www.starpulse.com/news/index.php/2013/01/20/jennifer_lopez_talks_men_marriage_sci

Not sure I believe that. YMMV.
    • Like Like x 1
  31. PresidentShaw Member

• Like Like x 1
  32. OTeleventy Member

I think imma send Leah a "Where's Shelly" t-shirt. What size you figure she wears?
    • Like Like x 2
  33. Anonymous Member

And now Mike Rinder:

Leah Remini Has Left The Building
    http://www.mikerindersblog.org/leah-remini-has-left-the-building/

Excerpt:
  34. dbloch7986 Member

http://dbloch7986.blogspot.com/2013/07/leah-remini-leaving-scientology.html

• Like Like x 11
  35. The Wrong Guy Member

Exclusive: Actress Leah Remini quits Scientology - New York Post

July 11, 2013

“King of Queens” star Leah Remini is making a dramatic break from the Church of Scientology, a source said, after being subjected to years of “interrogations” and “thought modification” for questioning leader David Miscavige’s rule.

The source tells us Remini is quitting because of policies that don’t allow parishioners to question Miscavige’s management or the reported abuse of members of its Sea Org religious order — and for forcing followers to “disconnect” from family members branded as “suppressive persons” if they choose to leave the church.

“It all began when Leah questioned the validity of excommunication of people,” a source said of her decision. “She is stepping back from a regime she thinks is corrupt. She thinks no religion should tear apart a family or abuse someone under the umbrella of ‘religion.’

<snip>

The source added that church friends Remini had for “25 to 30 years wrote internal reports” about her that “caused an investigation on her family.”

Someone close to Remini said she’s weighing going public “when she sees what the church tries to do. She has heard they use people to scare you into silence.”

The source added, “She’s from Brooklyn. The church can’t hurt her... they don’t have her family, that’s all that matters to her.” And, “It’s not about wanting or not wanting to do Scientology... The issue is that [Miscavige] is taking down this church and hurting people and families.”

www.nypost.com/p/pagesix/remini_quits_scientology_kPy6Yw4WymA6dSg9VQYVEN
    • Like Like x 5
  36. Random guy Member

This is typical celebrity "someone's telling something" stuff, but it's still a good sized portion of winn!
    • Like Like x 1
  37. The Wrong Guy Member

Sources agree with the above post.
    • Like Like x 2
  38. Bubbles Member

“King of Queens” star Leah Remini is making a dramatic break from the Church of Scientology, a source said, after being subjected to years of “interrogations” and “thought modification” for questioning leader David Miscavige’s rule.

The source tells us Remini is quitting because of policies that don’t allow parishioners to question Miscavige’s management or the reported abuse of members of its Sea Org religious order — and for forcing followers to “disconnect” from family members branded as “suppressive persons” if they choose to leave the church.

“It all began when Leah questioned the validity of excommunication of people,” a source said of her decision.....

Remini innocently asked where Miscavige’s wife, Shelly, was. Former Scientology Celebrity Centre head Tommy Davis scolded her, “You don’t have the [bleeping] rank to ask about Shelly.”

For more juicy details go to:

http://www.nypost.com/p/pagesix/remini_quits_scientology_kPy6Yw4WymA6dSg9VQYVEN

leah_remini--300x300.jpg
    Getty Images for Extra
    Leah Remini
    • Like Like x 3
  39. CarterUSP Member

Interesting - assuming that this all turns out to be true.
    According to the article this kicked off from Leah asking "Where is Shelly Miscavige?"
    • Like Like x 3
  40. I'm waiting for her to actually say something. Right now it's all nameless 'sources'. Look at how long other sci stars (and I use that term in the broadest sense) have been coyly quitting (or not). For some can it be measured in years.