Customize

Leah Remini has left Scientology?

Discussion in 'Celebrity News' started by The Wrong Guy, Jul 5, 2013.

1. DeathHamster Member

It's quite possible that it's just a careful strategy. Rather than splorking her story out right away, now she can line up just the right interviews with far better exposure.

It wouldn't surprise me if she was involved in the leaking from "sources" that's happened up until now.

Give it a week.
    • Like Like x 8
  2. Missfit Member

she's a second gen, mom's a clam.
  3. Anonymous Member

I don't know. The point is, you don't either. Her husband is a Scientologist. What dirt do they have on him? Her mother is a Scientologist. What dirt do they have on her? The reports are that her family will not disconnect. If true, great. But that doesn't mean that if she speaks out the way you want her to speak out, her or more importantly her family members won't be attacked, slimed, etc. Many people here are quick to judge, in absence of facts.

And conveniently behind the mask of anonymity. What role models.
  4. Anonymous Member

Jesus, you'd have made one helluva good ethics officer. You have two bits of information and think you are all-knowing. A perfect asshole. Yup. MAA material.
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  5. The Wrong Guy Member

Leah Rimini threatened to call the cops about ‘disappearance’ of Scientology leaders’ wife - New York Post

“King of Queens” star Leah Remini threatened to call police, sources said, after “her many unanswered questions” about the whereabouts of Church of Scientology leader David Miscavige’s wife, Shelly, which led to the actress being interrogated for years.

Page Six reported yesterday that Remini is making a dramatic break from the church after she began to also question practices including forcing its followers to “disconnect” from family members branded as “suppressive persons” [SPs] and the treatment of its Sea Org members.

“When you ask a question, like, ‘Where is Shelly?,’ you are immediately hauled in, interrogated and asked, ‘Why are you asking, who are you connected to, are you going on the Internet?’ ” said a source.

The source added that in such sessions, “[You are then] shown pictures of the buildings that the church built, told that the ‘SPs’ are trying to get you because the church is winning, and that when you go on all these ‘SP’ sites, you are literally cutting across man’s ability to go free. You are, in fact, killing mankind.”

The source continued, “Because Leah threatened to call the police to find Shelly, she was put through ‘Security Checking,’ her family was put through it, and her friends.”

Continued at
    www.nypost.com/p/pagesix/remini_wanted_to_call_cops_E2LWZUMtKkex5MyEXi8r0N
    • Like Like x 8
    • Like Like x 3
  6. Kilia Member

I Twitted her "Anonymous Chanology has your back. love ya!"
    • Like Like x 5
  7. Kilia Member

From what I understand, nothing will stand between her and her family.
    • Like Like x 2
  8. whosit Member

I'm really glad that that hot broad that I'd like to bang left Scientology. Unfortunately, it sounds like she is still fucked in the head and is an "independent". Anyway....
    • Like Like x 1
  9. whosit Member

Not that I have anything against "Ron". I wouldn't want to offend Independents with facts or anything.
    • Like Like x 1
  10. BlackRob Member

• Like Like x 3
  11. The Wrong Guy Member

Leah Remini thanks fans following decision to leave the Church of Scientology | TheCelebrityCafe.com

http://thecelebritycafe.com/feature...s-following-decision-leave-church-scientology

Leah Remini Leaves Church of Scientology, Breaks Silence to Thank Fans for Support | Wonderwall

http://wonderwall.msn.com/entertain...lence-to-thank-fans-for-support-1760843.story

Actress Leah Remini reportedly leaving Scientology | Los Angeles Times

Remini's rep declined to comment to The Times about the report.

www.latimes.com/entertainment/gossip/la-et-mg-leah-remini-scientology-20130711,1597,828787.story

Leah Remini Leaves Scientology After Questioning Leader David Miscavige’s “Methods”

Leah Remini is defecting from Scientology after years of abuse for asking too many questions about leader David Miscavige’s wife Shelly, who has not been seen in public since 2006 or 2007 and is believed to be held prisoner at a Scientology center.

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Leah...Leader-David-Miscavige-s-Methods-367537.shtml
    • Like Like x 9
  12. HOC Member

Most excellent. Happy to hear news like this. :D
    • Like Like x 3
  13. TrevAnon Member

• Like Like x 7
  14. Bubbles Member

• Like Like x 4
  15. Random guy Member

I would guess her thanks is the closest we'll get to a conformation in a while.
  16. Anonymous Member

Until her very next interview with someone that has the balls to ask her outright.
  17. BlackRob Member

I see her statement as an confirmation that she has left the cult. What more do you need?
    • Like Like x 4
  18. HOC Member

Tweeted! :D
    I left the tweet up to the reader to decide, just on the off-chance that there is a different motivation behind such a domain name registration. However the timing does reek of Scifaggotry.

Vh5yvwP.png
    • Like Like x 11
  19. Random guy Member

I'd like to see it spelled right out (for ROs list, Wikipedia etc), but I'm glad she's out.
  20. Anonymous Member

Here we go. This girl has a lot of sass, I predict she wont lie down quietly.
    • Like Like x 1
  21. RightOn Member

yes, almost there.
    she is going to make a fuckton of moolah from articles and interviews. A book on the horizon would be deelish. She probably just needs a ghost writer. looking good!
    • Like Like x 4
  22. RightOn Member

waiting for "YES I have left" and then her name goes on the list
    • Like Like x 5
  23. RightOn Member

if she spills on some of the other scilon celebs in the fold, (Cruise please) I don't think my heart could take it.
    very wishful thinking.
    • Like Like x 2
  24. Incredulicide Member

I think once http://whoisleahremini.com/ is populated with the usual Black PR she'll be more compelled to speak out. I'd even be tempted just from the contents of that site to add her beforehand.
  25. Anonymous Member

One of you Tweeters should send her that page. Just sayin'
    • Like Like x 1
  26. wolfbane Member

This is true - I am being asshole. And I don't give a shit. The scilon celebs get off easy, they get the kool-aid lite version of the mindfuck and still function in the real world. So it's not the same as the 2nd/3rd gen members who are dumped into the Sea Org and know nothing but that world. Their status as a public figure also gives them a certain buffer to having their life viciously destroyed that regular members do not have. Add in the precedent set by Jason Beghe and Paul Haggis, both of whom have thriving careers since speaking out that proves their departure from Scientology didn't destroy their lives utterly, and I see no excuse for a gutsy outspoken broad like Remini to just fade away quietly.
    • Like Like x 6
  27. BlackRob Member

More: http://scientologycelebrity.wordpress.com
    • Like Like x 9
  28. Anonymous Member

Anonymous Anonymously criticizing Anonymous for being Anonymous.
    • Like Like x 4
  29. Anonymous Member

So you think that the scientology corporation's threats of fair game and disconnection are a good reason for famous people not to speak out publicly about the abuses they witnessed, or even just publicly admit they no longer are homo novis? Even after the huge outpouring of support from media, fans, and the general public?

Really?

What then are you suggesting? Should Remini quietly pretend she is still a client of the company so that the cult doesn't put up a lulzy web page full of lies and half-truths about her and her family culled from confessional folders that the cult claims are never made public? Let Miscavige and his slaves do their worst, because it always backfires and makes the cult look creepier and creepier.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  30. Anonymous Member

Next time I will read the entire thread before I post. Well done HOC.
  31. Last night, saw news-bit about Remini on Inside Edition (or one of those celeb-news shows) and again this morning on the Today Show. (sorry, no video)
  32. BigBeard Member

• Like Like x 2
  33. The Wrong Guy Member

• Like Like x 2
  34. DeathHamster Member

http://www.nypost.com/p/pagesix/rem...kex5MyEXi8r0N?utm_medium=rss&utm_content=Page
    That would have been a ShitHitTheFan moment, but... NY Post, so add salt.
    • Like Like x 2
  35. The Wrong Guy Member

Leah Remini speaks out after leaving the Church of Scientology, thanks fans for support | NY Daily News

www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/gossip/leah-remini-speaks-leaving-church-scientology-article-1.1397116

Scientology Ex Files: Leah Remini to Go Public With Her Grievances? | Vanity Fair

http://www.vanityfair.com/online/da...-leah-remini-to-go-public-with-her-grievances

Leah Remini Stands Up Against Scientology, Will She Disappear Too? | Las Vegas Guardian Express

http://guardianlv.com/2013/07/leah-remini-stands-up-against-scientology-will-she-disappear-too/
    • Like Like x 4
  36. TrevAnon Member

• Like Like x 1
  37. Kilia Member

Oh, how I wish she would come here and talk to us.
    • Like Like x 4
  38. DeathHamster Member

I'd prefer if she talks to, say, Anderson Cooper, Martin Bashir, and other high-power interviewers with good exposure. (Spare me the celeb-fluff types.)
    • Like Like x 6
  39. McLOVIN_1982 Member

I wish I had oat tea powers and I could exteriorize and... oh wait NOT! LOL!
    • Like Like x 2