Customize

Leah Remini has left Scientology?

Discussion in 'Celebrity News' started by The Wrong Guy, Jul 5, 2013.

1. DeathHamster Member

I love all the little bits that writers, who know fuck all, feel they have to stick into the copy that they're .. adapting. For example:
    Wow, really? Strange how there's no record or trace of that happening. (More likely Heinlein said that to Hubbard, IMO.)
    • Like Like x 1
  2. rickybobby Member

One of the Leah Remini stories includes this (predictable) denial from the Church of Scientology David Miscavige :

http://radaronline.com/exclusives/2013/07/leah-remini-left-scientology-fed-up-people-treated-badly/
  3. Anonymous Member

The fact checking is weak:
    The proof Reading is weak:
    Not a bad article if composed by an intern.
    • Like Like x 3
  4. It's certainly great news that she's leaving, but from all I've read it's mostly because of the midget, not the tech. She still seems to believe that stuff works.

Another Indie Scientologist? Better than a fully indoctrinated Kool-Aid drinker, I suppose
  5. Anonymous Member

Nitpicking.

Pay attention to the tone of the article. 5 years ago no journalist or editor would have the guts to print anything like it.
    • Like Like x 2
  6. DeathHamster Member

Once the mind fuck is no longer being continually reenforced by external ethics pressure, there's a chance that it'll eventually wear off--as the Indies are finding out.
    • Like Like x 3
  7. Anonymous Member

You've not had much experience lately with journalists, have you? They are young, inexperienced, and paid fuck-all. And in my experience, that's just about what they're worth.

There are obvious exceptions. But they are rare.
  8. Anonymous Member

Too lazy to link, but if you look through her recent twitter posts to her sisters ( or bff), they promise to love her regardless of her religion.
  9. Anonymous Member

• Like Like x 4
  10. veravendetter Member

Maybe Doug can have a burger in peace now. Good PR though.
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Random guy Member

Once out, we can just hope the old noggin' gets into gear again.
    • Like Like x 3
  12. The Wrong Guy Member

www.don-lindsay-archive.org/scientology/start.a.religion.html
    • Like Like x 3
  13. DeathHamster Member

Yup, I'm familiar with that one from the Wiki edit wars. I've done a lot of searching, and wading through a lot of nonsense, but I've never come across anything like "famously told Robert Heinlein", although the stories keep mutating. (I expect that the idea was batted around during social meetings of the Mañana Literary Society, but as I said, it's as likely that Heinlein mentioned the idea to Hubbard.)

One of the things that he doesn't have is accounts from Judith Merril and Frederik Pohl, which not only confirm that Hubbard said one of his many "make money, start a religion" statements, but also mention The Bar Bet (which was with an editor, not a writer).
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Eva and DM – Part III

Posted on September 29, 2009 by martyrathbun09 | 62 Comments

A couple years ago DM was holding court in the presence of some Scientology Celebrities. Little did he know that one of them was not your garden variety Kool Aid drinking fawner. This particular woman is a friendly, sassy and savvy individual. Her beingness – at least back in the day – could be described as insouciant. She also wields a pretty awesome bullshit detector.

Well, the celebrity happened to see Lou affecionately pat DM on the butt, thinking that she was not being watched. Having a high level of integrity, the celebrity did precisely what LRH policy calls for in such a circumstance. She wrote a knowledge report on what she witnessed.
  15. Anonymous Member

We now has endgame?
    • Like Like x 2
  16. The celebrity in this 2009 Marty Rathbun post is Leah Remini:

Eva and DM – Part III

Posted on September 29, 2009 by martyrathbun09 | 62 Comments

An unimpeachable witness has subsequently disclosed that not only were Shelly and the celebrity perceptive in suspecting that DM was engaging in Out Ethics activity, he was doing it in ostentatious style, courtesy of his buddy Tom Cruise.

On long flights aboard Cruise’s personal jet, DM and Lou would retire for hours on end to Tom’s bedroom cabin, a cabin that is outfitted only for the purpose of lying upon the bed.

We have no proof what went on behind the bedroom cabin door. But, I credit the perceptions of Shelly Miscavige (who suffered greatly for deciding to cease ignoring outpoints and situations), and the celebrity Scientologist (who was coerced to pay for the privilege of the implanting of doubt of her own perceptions), and my other witnesses who have supplied the remainder of the testimony for this series.
  17. Anonymous Member

Projuni?

Nice nick.
  18. Random guy Member

For the cult's ability to get positive press and shake bad press. Yes.

For the mother cult herself? No. There's still lots of lulz left in the old cow.
    • Like Like x 5
  19. Anonymous Member

• Like Like x 1
  20. Random guy Member

21. wolfbane Member

• Like Like x 5
  22. Anonymous Member

Picturing something like this
    cruisemess.jpg
    • Like Like x 5
  23. Anonymous Member

AKA "Hollywood CatFight." Wherein Co$ celebrities prove their maturity and measured approach to allowing people to leave their "church" without any difficulty or repercussions. Thank you Leah Remini for providing the opportunity for "celebrities" such as Alley to put the final nail in the coffin of their own careers...too bad that the nail is put into place by a massive Tommy Davis-style(tm) foot bullet.

ProTIP: if you have any interest in distancing yourself from the fallout, dear celebrities, attending "secret meetings" broadcast by Twitter is not such a good plan.
    • Like Like x 7
  24. Anonymous Member

Who is that supposed to be on Kirstie's left? Have never recognized her (?) before.
  25. Katie Holmes.
  26. Leah may want to explore different beliefs, hope this helps.
    [IMG]
  27. Kilia Member

28. Anonymous Member

Some new comments are coming in (not that I read them earlier)

Chrissie3 hours ago
    I can confirm everything your source told you about Remini and Melinda. I grew up with Melinda and her brother. Melinda was the designer on Remini's daughters nursery. They had a falling out for many years prior to this, some of it was because Remini's boyfriend (now husband) wouldn't do Scientology. Then he came around and Melinda and Remini became BFF's again but it was inevitable they would have a falling out again. They are both totally dominate personalities and Melinda won't let someone else boss her around unless of course it's the Church.
    The last time I spoke to Melinda was at Flag in 2008/2009. She was there for her 6 month check. She was forced to do a Liability formula because her 2 yr old son took off in the airport and she briefly left her materials unattended to retrieve her son. She was super upset about being forced to do the Liability but eventually gave in realizing leaving materials unattended was the real problem not retrieving your 2 yr old. The priorities are so screwed up!!
    There is so much more I could say on this subject but I won't. Melinda will be the first on the band wagon to shred Remini, she is very good at that and make sure NO ONE speaks to her ever again.

• Like Like x 4
  29. Anonymous Member

COS sending out e-mail re: how to handle entheta

Mike: Handling For All The “Entheta”
    http://www.mikerindersblog.org/handling-for-all-the-entheta/

Excerpts:
    • Like Like x 2
  30. Mr. Magoo Member

The positive, encouraging FB posts just keep on coming. How many days has it been now, and they show no signs of slowing down.

Tom, Tom, Tom. If only you would have manned up first and insisted COB give some real answers about his disappeared wife. A spunky lil gal beat you to it, and now she's stealing all the great publicity you could have gotten. Instead, you remain looking like the fanatical, controlling, narcissistic creep that you are. Neener neener eat a wiener!
    • Like Like x 7
  31. AnyOldName Member

Yes, it has been mothers with underage children fleeing. Looks to me like the maternal instinct in these mothers trumps DM (Demented Misogynist) and Hubtard's crap policies/attitude about women & children. Wonder if they are seeing the damage done to other celeb-scion kids and want to protect their own - no matter the personal consequences.
    • Like Like x 1
  32. BlooAnon Member

How in the world did I miss this thread?!? Four days late to the party!

Well, I certainly have a lot of article reading ahead of me.

I think this thread is missing some music:

• Like Like x 2
  33. Random guy Member

A bit late for that now, isn't it. Rimini and "Where is Shelly" has been out there for the whole long weekend and then some. Most would have heard about it and perhaps digested it by now.

Slow and inefficient cult is slow and inefficient.
    • Like Like x 6
  34. Anonymous Member

Does anyone have pics of DM and Laurisse? I can find two on the net, but there is a reference to this one that is gone...

35. The Wrong Guy Member

• Like Like x 6
  36. Budd Member

You mad, notbro?
    • Like Like x 1
  37. Random guy Member

Snigger, snigger, snigger.
  38. amaX Member

dm7_zps59133194.png

dm4_zps5184a98f.png

These are the only two I have.
    • Like Like x 5