Customize

Leah Remini "Its All Relative"

Discussion in 'Celebrity News' started by RightOn, Jul 15, 2015.

1. RightOn Member

• Like Like x 3
  2. RightOn Member

please lurk moar
    they were all born in. They didn't have a choice in the matter.
    • Like Like x 3
  3. Keithl Member

lurk moar---NO

do you think they even looked in to what Scientology is

i was on about as a hole not own person or person's but i will make my point more clear next time
  4. RightOn Member

ok this show was much more than i could have hoped for.
    Very heart wrenching moments in group therapy. Leah said she felt responsible for her family members losing family members and friends (that disconnected from them) and was crying.
    William calls the COS a cult. He also tells the story of when he was 7 years old and his parents being n the Sea Org and witnessing a women going psychotic and seeing her "manhandled" down the hall and put in a room and realizes that that scene he witnessed was not normal normal.

It's like Jon Attak said about people who were born in, when they wake up, many do not have lives to go back to because it is all they ever knew. It must feel so confusing and sad and be more difficult for people who joined at a later age and revert back to the lives they had before they joined.
    I hope this show is spread for and wide. It was an incredible episode. I hope ex's watched and people still in watched.

The therapist also mentioned that she has worked with people who left Scientology before.I din't catch her name. :(
    • Like Like x 2
  5. The Wrong Guy Member

• Like Like x 8
  6. RightOn Member

oh wow!!!!!
    this is fantastic
    • Like Like x 1
  7. RightOn Member

Congrats girls! So brave!
    Thank you for making a difference!
    • Like Like x 1
  8. http://www.tlc.com/tv-shows/leah-remini-its-all-relative/tv-schedule/

Therapy.PNG
    • Like Like x 1
  9. RightOn Member

10. sallysock Member

• Like Like x 4
  11. The Wrong Guy Member

Leah Remini’s ex-Scientology friends rock TLC — and our interview with one of them

By Tony Ortega, The Underground Bunker, July 16, 2015

Last year, when Leah Remini’s reality show began, we criticized her for dealing with her defection from Scientology at a bare minimum — it was referred to only for a few minutes in the first episode and never mentioned again.

Last night, in the first episode of the show’s second season, Remini made up for that in a big way. The episode’s main storyline was about how Leah and her family are continuing to come to grips with leaving Scientology, and there were several moments — some which might have not been obvious to the viewer — which were a big middle finger to the church and its leader, David Miscavige.

It won’t escape the attention of other former Scientologists, for example, that the theme of the show was about Leah getting therapy and then the entire family sitting for a group therapy session. That’s a direct hit on Scientology’s rabid hatred for psychotherapy of any kind (other than its own, which is a bastardized form of psychoanalysis).

During the group therapy session, Leah admits that she’s carrying a lot of guilt for pulling the entire family out of Scientology when she decided to leave in 2013 (a story we broke here at the Underground Bunker). She explains that she knew the church would otherwise try to turn family members against each other through the use of its “disconnection” policy if they didn’t all leave as a group. But her brother-in-law, William, tells Leah that she’s wrong. The rest of them, he says, all left Scientology for their own reasons, and not simply because Leah defected.

It was the emotional highpoint of a show that had several times illustrated the devastating effects of disconnection.

But we were even more interested in a short segment that occurred earlier in the show and which was teased earlier in the day at People.com. It showed Leah gathering with three of her girlfriends, all of whom had grown up in Scientology together and then had left it at separate times.

Readers of the Underground Bunker might have recognized the women. Two of them, Trisha Conley and Sherry Ollins, were featured in a previous story about Remini hanging out with her former Scientology friends in defiance of church leader David Miscavige.

Trisha’s parents, Jim and Kaye Conley, are prominent, longtime church members and former Sea Org workers, and Kaye’s sister Cherie is the mother of Kate Ceberano, a singer who is Australia’s most famous Scientologist.

Trisha is from Melbourne, and joined the Sea Org at only nine, leaving at 14. In her 20s, she rose to OT 4 in Scientology’s scheme of courses, but then she became disillusioned, in particular over the intense pressure members were under in 2007 to pay for an overpriced set of books most of them already had in earlier editions.

A good friend left the church in 2009, and when Trisha refused to disconnect from her, Trisha’s parents cut off ties to their daughter.

Sherry Ollins (also known as Sherry Lewis), meanwhile, is the sister of Stefan Castle, whose dramatic tale of escaping from Scientology and reuniting with his wife was told in Janet Reitman’s 2011 book, Inside Scientology, and then by KABC Channel 7 in Los Angeles.

As we said last year…

Sherry Lewis’s brother, in other words, foiled David Miscavige’s plans to wreck a marriage. And by posing with her in a photograph, Leah Remini must have known she was sending Miscavige a powerful message. On her other side was a woman whose family is among the most important for Scientology in Australia, and who recently experienced disconnection.

The fourth person at the table was Chantal Dodson, who talked to us about filming the segment, and about her decision to go public even though she knows it could cause her to lose all contact with her parents.

Continued here:
    http://tonyortega.org/2015/07/16/le...-rock-tlc-and-our-interview-with-one-of-them/
    • Like Like x 6
  12. RightOn Member

<3!!
  13. RightOn Member

would love to see a copy!
  14. sallysock Member

<3 Check your pms
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  15. anon8109 Member

Episode available for $2 on youtube

16. AOL VIDEO: Leah Remini Responds to Scientology Diss

http://features.aol.com/video/leah-remini-responds-scientology-diss

Video at link.

* * * * * BEGIN EXCERPT * * * * *

It's Leah vs. the Church of Scientology after she opens up about leaving the religion.

In a statement the Church of Scientology calls Leah "self-absorbed" and says she's addressing her former religion in a an effort to get ratings for her show "Leah Remini: It's All Relative."

"My first emotion is sad. It makes me sad to hear that from a group that I was in most of my life, and that I supported. My first instinct is to be hurt," says an emotional Remini.

* * * * * END EXCERPT * * * * *
    • Like Like x 3
  17. Video on Entertainment Weekly:

http://www.eonline.com/videos/237939/leah-remini-responds-to-scientology-diss
    • Like Like x 2
  18. RightOn Member

Poor Leah. So sad.
    Fuckers.
    Thank you COS for proving what everyone has been saying all along.
    • Like Like x 1
  19. anon8109 Member

• Like Like x 2
  20. anon8109 Member

• Like Like x 2
  21. We are posting on a website that barely survives, this is a thriumph

22. Ever seen this ?

23. sallysock Member

• Like Like x 10
  24. Random guy Member

• Like Like x 2
  25. she liek us!!!
  26. anon8109 Member

• Like Like x 3
  27. anon8109 Member

The scientology episode.

• Like Like x 1
  28. RightOn Member

LEAH MENTIONS XENU!
    Ok, I watched her show last night. Leah hire's a "medium" to talk to her mother about her mother's early death when she was 9.
    Her mother says she is skeptical, and said she doesn't think she would believe the medium and then Leah said sarcastically something to the effect, "but yet you had no trouble believing in Xenu" or "but you believed in Xenu" or something to that effect. Not verbatim.
    I almost missed it. Go Leah!!!! Keep those digs coming!
    • Like Like x 6
  29. The Wrong Guy Member

This was uploaded today. I haven't watched it but it should be the one you mentioned.

Leah Remini Its All Relative | Season 2 Episode 14 | That's Life

Published by Leah Remini: Its All Relative on September 3, 2015

Sofia wants to cross two items off her living bucket list; the family anxiously awaits to find out if Trish is cancer-free; Vicki meets with a medium.

All that channel's videos are here:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSu-78XC05wIoQrbLiLvBQw/videos
    • Like Like x 3
  30. RightOn Member

OMG! they cut it out!!!
    It would've been right after the 20:20 mark.

edited: it really bugs me that they cut it out.
    An no I am not crazy, I was watching with a friend and we both gasped when we heard it.
    I am SO disappoint.
    I wonder what the reason was?.
  31. The Wrong Guy Member

[IMG]

Leah Remini Celebrates New Beginnings at Daughter Sofia's Baptism After Leaving Church of Scientology

By Mike Vulpo, E! Online

Leah Remini and her family's spiritual journey continues to grow away from the Church of Scientology.

More than two years after the former King of Queens star left the organization, her daughter Sofia has become baptized in the Catholic Church.

On Friday afternoon, Leah shared photos from the special ceremony that was attended by her immediate family and friends.

"A very special day for our little girl and her Godparents @crabichuk wanted to share with all of you," she wrote on Instagram. "#baptism #catholic #newbeginnings."

Leah's husband Angelo Pagan added, "For the record @leahremini and I have always been Catholic…It was a beautiful experience and our little angel is on her way to a more spiritual existence. God Bless!"

In recent episodes of Leah's TLC reality show It's All Relative, the actress opened up about her decision to cut ties with Scientology. As it turns out, wanting a better environment for her daughter was one of the biggest factors in her choice to leave.

"I decided I didn't want to raise my daughter in the church because from what I experience and what I saw, the church becomes your everything," she explained on the show. "It becomes your mother, your father, your everything. You are dependent on the church."

She added, "If you're raised in it as a child, you really don't have loyalty to your family. The church does come first to you and that is what we would be teaching Sofia. And I just didn't want her to be raised that way."

Continued here:
    http://www.eonline.com/news/693295/...s-baptism-after-leaving-church-of-scientology
    • Like Like x 1
  32. Daily Mail: New beginning! Leah Remini shares family photos from daughter Sofia's Catholic baptism two years after leaving Scientology
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...ic-baptism-two-years-leaving-Scientology.html

* * * * * BEGIN EXCERPT * * * * *

Leah Remini's family has marked a new spiritual milestone, two years after leaving the Church of Scientology.

The actress, 45, shared photographs of her daughter's Catholic baptism to Instagram on Friday, calling it a 'new beginning.'

The It's All Relative star sits beside husband Angelo Pagan, and placed a loving arm around her ten-year-old daughter Sofia, who leans in close for the touching snap.

Baptism.jpg

'A very special day for our little girl and her Godparents,' Leah wrote, tagging her makeup artist Corina Rabichuk.

'Wanted to share with all of you,' Leah wrote, adding hashtags '#baptism #catholic' and '#newbeginngings.'

They family smile as they sit on a church pew, with Leah's mother Vicki Marshall and stepfather George Marshall smiling as they sit in a pew behind them.

The former King of Queens star looked gorgeous in a stylish blue-and-white patterned dress, while Sofia looked pretty in a white baptismal gown.

She also shared a picture of Sofia being baptized by the priest as her proud parents placed a protective hand on her shoulder, writing 'one more' and adding an emoticon smiley face.

Baptism1.jpg

* * * * * END EXCERPT * * * * *
    • Like Like x 1
  33. From the Instagram of Leah's husband, Angelo Pagan. Comments open.

https://instagram.com/p/7O17YaGXXq/

* * * * * BEGIN QUOTATION * * * * *

For the record @leahremini and I have always been Catholic ! Why we waited so long to baptize Sofia ! Hmmm....anyway it was a beautiful experience and our little angel is on her way to a more spiritual existence. God Bless!

* * * * * END QUOTATION * * * * *

AngeloPaganInstagram-001.PNG
  34. RightOn Member

so glad Leah is free to practice what she wants
    but... no comment
  35. Missfit Member

I adore this family for so many reasons but mostly because they stuck together no matter what.

Although I will say Vicki, the mother who dragged them into Scientology, is bat shit crazy. While it's fun to laugh at her now, it's clear to see that her batshit-ness is probably what attracted her to the cult in the first place.

As for the catholic shit....ugh....some people will just never be ok with the idea that this life is meaningless, we are just specks of stardust and this is all just one big accident. To me it's a fucking cop out to take responsibility for the world we live in and the way we act but if you aren't psychologically ready for that burden it's not my place to fuck you up.
    • Like Like x 1
  36. tippytoe Member

You are not crazy. I heard it too (dvr'd the show and actually played it back twice!). I almost fell of the couch! My not so great memory was that she said something like " and this coming from a woman who believed in Xenu". It was a great comeback!
    • Like Like x 1
  37. Leah explained this as follows:

LeahOnBaptism-002.jpg

Leah also said:

LeahOnBaptism-001.jpg