Customize

Leah Remini TV series about how Scientology rips families apart

Discussion in 'Celebrity News' started by The Wrong Guy, Jun 27, 2016.

1. RightOn Member

I didn't think it needed mentioning. No brainer. :p
  2. Twitter now features Promoted Tweets against Leah Remini: Scientology and the Aftermath to which one cannot reply or quote.

3I4RlA2.jpg

EDITED TO ADD:

NEW Twitter Promoted Tweet against Leah Remini: Scientology and the Aftermath to which one cannot reply or quote.
    gkKwUij.png

Attached Files:

3. ANOTHER Twitter Promoted Tweet against Leah Remini: Scientology and the Aftermath to which one cannot reply or quote.

nPsLOvm.png
  4. The Wrong Guy Member

Emmys: Leah Remini's Scientology Series Nabs Reality Nomination | Hollywood Reporter

Remini's 'Scientology and the Aftermath' was nominated for best informational series or special during Thursday's announcement.

Excerpt:

Also nominated in the category was CNN's Anthony Bourdain Parts Unknown, Bravo's Inside The Actors Studio, National Geographic's StarTalk and HBO's Vice.

The 2017 Emmys broadcast Sept. 17 on CBS, with host Stephen Colbert. For the full list of nominees, head here.

More at http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/li...cientology-series-nabs-2017-emmys-nom-1020760

Leah Remini tearfully dedicates Emmy nod to 'brave' subjects of Scientology series: "This is for them"

I don’t look at this as something I should acknowledge myself for. They deserve it,’ actress tells EW

Quote:

On Emmy nominations morning, it’s customary for actors to thank the Television Academy for recognizing their work with an individual nomination. But as she’s done across 10 episodes of her successful anti-Scientology series, Leah Remini is flipping the script when it comes to TV tradition.

“I don’t look at this as something I should acknowledge myself for,” an emotional Remini — now a first-time nominee as an executive producer — tells EW shortly after her program, Scientology and the Aftermath, received an Emmy nod in the Informational Series category Thursday morning. “My subjects deserve it. They were brave enough to come on Aftermath knowing there were repercussions for their actions. This is why I created the show. The reason people come on our series is for no other reason but to tell their stories of how destructive cults like Scientology are.”

A former 35-year parishioner of the controversial religious organization, Remini — perhaps best known for her leading role on the CBS sitcom King of Queens — publicly broke with the group in July 2013 and subsequently published a book, Troublemaker, in which she highlighted several alleged grievances with the church. She further explored the matter on season 1 of the A&E project, featuring numerous testimonials from ex-Scientologists like Amy Scobee who, after distancing herself from the organization, faced temporary estrangement from her mother due to an alleged church policy called “disconnection,” which requires current members to shun Scientology critics. (The church has denied the policy exists.)

“I was thinking of the first story we told on the show, and how Amy Scobee and her mother, Bonny, told it to me while Bonny was in hospice dying of cancer, and how important it was for her to tell her story and to send the message to whoever would listen, to not let Scientology destroy families,” Remini says, fighting back tears. “I’m going to get on the phone now with Amy and Aaron-Smith Levin and everyone else who contributed to our first season and congratulate them because this is for them.”

While she dedicates the nomination to her subjects, which include prior high-ranking officials of the church (now vocal opponents of Scientology) like Mike Rinder, Marc Headley, and Ron Miscavige, the father of Scientology head David Miscavige, Remini also notes the gravity of the Television Academy’s willingness to shine a spotlight on Hollywood’s evolving attitudes toward what she says is a destructive cycle of church-backed actions.

“I always thought my Emmy moment would come on King of Queens. I imagined we’d be there together as a show, because I was so proud of our cast… I always thought they deserved an Emmy along with our writing staff, too,” she explains. “Now I’m older and wiser, and doing such an important project like this, it’s not even for me. I’m honored that I’m able to be a conduit for these brave people and to tell their stories… Hollywood has embraced the contributors and the content of the show for what it is. [People] are not falling for what Scientology is selling anymore.”

She continues: “I don’t think Hollywood and the world at large really knew how destructive Scientology and its policies were. People saw it as a crazy little religious belief system… it was being represented in the press as something innocuous. What we’re documenting is actually Scientology at work. [People are seeing that] this isn’t funny, and it’s something we actually need to look at as harmful. [This show] communicates to a larger audience that they, too, can stand up to a Goliath of a bully.”

When reached for comment on Aftermath‘s Emmy nomination, a representative for Scientology asked that EW link to its website, leahreminiaftermath.com, which the church claims “exposes the fraud behind Leah Remini’s bigoted, hate-filled program.”

Season 2 of Scientology and the Aftermath premieres later this summer. Read EW’s full preview of the upcoming episodes here. For a complete list of 2017 Emmy nominations, click here.

Source: http://ew.com/tv/2017/07/13/emmys-leah-remini-scientology-aftermath/
  5. The Wrong Guy Member

[IMG]

Our hearts are full of gratitude today. It means so much to those who were and are brave enough to speak out against Scientology. As if they hadn't suffered enough, the repercussions for doing so are great.

So to you, the voters of the academy, the viewers who have embraced them and their stories, we thank you from the bottom of our hearts for your consideration. It means everything.

#grateful #blessed #scientologytheaftermath

Source: https://www.facebook.com/LeahRemini...3672.142471979132474/1543140335732291/?type=3
    • Like Like x 3
  6. Quentinanon Member

I am glad Leah Remini is receiving some peer recognition for her work on Scientology: The Aftermath
    I watched the first season and conclude that it is informative to the general public who know little or nothing about the scientology crime syndicate. Being a long time ex-sci, the material touches on some superficial issues of scientology, which run far deeper than Fair Game and disconnection.
    • Like Like x 2
  7. The Wrong Guy Member

Calling Scientology a dangerous 'cult,' Calvary Baptist Church pastor intended to help A&E film episode for Leah Remini series

By Tracey McManus, Tampa Bay Times

Quote:

In an unprecedented public condemnation by a local religious organization about the Church of Scientology, Calvary Baptist Church Pastor Willy Rice declared Wednesday that the "community has been tormented by this Goliath for far too long."

"Someone has to pick up a rock and a slingshot and trust God with the results," Rice wrote in a blog post since removed from the Calvary website. "We believe we are in a unique position in this community and should try to help."

To expose "the cult's dangerous, deceptive and abusive practices," Calvary Baptist had committed to allow A&E's Emmy-nominated Scientology and the Aftermath series film a public forum in its worship center July 22. However on Thursday, A&E senior Vice President Dan Silberman said the network never arranged for such a town hall and none will be held.

Silberman said the show's producers talked about filming private interviews at Calvary, but not in a public format. Silberman said, to his knowledge, A&E was not pressured by Scientology.

The show, created by actor and former Scientologist Leah Remini, debuted last year to 2.1 million viewers and documented alleged physical, emotional and financial abuse suffered by former members.

"We believe this represents an important, perhaps historic, opportunity to expose the cult of Scientology and the harm it has brought to our community and to many thousands of people," Rice wrote about the idea of the forum.

In a statement to the Tampa Bay Times on Thursday, Scientology spokesman Ben Shaw called Rice "a religious bigot," promoting non-Christian and un-American views as he "shamelessly offered Calvary Chapel as a venue for hate speech."

"Pastor Rice should pray for forgiveness, forgiveness for his un-Christian conduct and for attempting to pull his congregation down the same false path," Shaw said. "In inciting his congregation to pick up a rock and a slingshot, Pastor Rice must also assume responsibility for the consequences, not only for his bigotry, but for the inevitable hate crimes instigated by his 'forum.'"

As Clearwater's oldest church, founded in 1866 and with 6,000 members today on McMullen-Booth Road with K-12 education, Rice said the congregation has a duty to warn about Scientology's alleged abuses. Scientology arrived in Clearwater in 1975 and has its international spiritual headquarters downtown. It has amassed more than $200 million worth of property in the city.

In 2009 and 2010, the FBI conducted a human trafficking investigation into Scientology's low-paid, military style workforce known as the Sea Org. No criminal charges were filed.

Before the church removed the post from its website, Dr. David Rice, Calvary's executive pastor and brother of Willy Rice, told the Times A&E producers initiated the dialogue and requested the forum.

He said neither Remini nor former Scientology official Mike Rinder, who appears on the show, are members of the congregation. But Willy Rice has an "acquaintanceship" with Rinder, who lives in Palm Harbor.

Willy Rice could not be reached for comment. David Rice acknowledged the rarity for a religion to come out so boldly against Scientology.

"No person should use the religious faith of another to curtail their freedom or otherwise do harm," David Rice said.

In his statement, Willy Rice warned the congregation to brace for retaliation. Scientology has historically sued critics, aggressively surveilled defectors, including Scientology leader David Miscavige's father, and published extensive web sites and articles defaming those who condemn its practices.

"We should anticipate an attack upon Calvary and our leaders and thus should pray for God's protection and pray that what some may mean for evil, God will use for good," Rice wrote. "Our pastors and congregational leaders will respond as necessary to any attacks in the way we feel honors the Lord and defends the truth."

Shaw said Scientology believes everyone has a right to practice their religion and "respecting the religious beliefs of others is the path to peace; history shows that disrespecting the beliefs of others leads to war and strife."

Shaw encouraged Calvary members to read The Way to Happiness, a "moral code" written by Scientology founder L. Ron Hubbard.

Precept 18, titled Respect the Religious Believes of Others, states: "One is at liberty to hold up his own beliefs for acceptance. One is at risk when he seeks to assault the beliefs of others, much more so when he attacks and seeks to harm them because of their religious convictions."

Source: http://www.tampabay.com/news/scient...us-cult-calvary-baptist-church-pastor/2330358

Pastor’s ‘premature’ announcement of July 22 event causes A&E to cancel ‘Aftermath’ taping

By Tony Ortega, July 13, 2017

Excerpt:

Yesterday afternoon, while Rice was out of town, one of his employees sent that fiery message out to the Calvary congregation. Naturally, it then began to be forwarded widely, and a copy ended up in our inbox. We asked the Aftermath team about it, and were told that the taping was indeed happening. With that confirmation, we published the message. We were also told that the Aftermath team would give us a public statement about it, but they never did.

It now appears that the dissemination of the letter caught A&E flatfooted, and the legal and logistical issues around a public forum in Clearwater quickly got out of hand.

“The response was overwhelming,” we’re now being told. “But the event on Saturday [July 22] is not happening.”

More at http://tonyortega.org/2017/07/13/no...mini-for-an-emmy-will-he-rethink-scientology/

8. Statement by Clearwater Calvary Baptist Church on cancellation of Scientology community forum announced for July 22nd

http://www.calvary.us/pages/page.asp?page_id=296405&articleId=58437

* * * * * BEGIN EXCERPT * * * * *

Pastor Willy's Blog - Complete Post

07-13-17

July 22nd Community Forum Cancelled

Earlier this week, after several weeks of conversation between Calvary and the producers of the A&E series Scientology: The Aftermath, Calvary announced that we had agreed, at their request, to hold an open meeting for the public in Clearwater featuring Leah Remini and Mike Rinder. Late this afternoon, July 13th, we received word that the producers of the series had decided not to hold this forum. Therefore, we regret to announce that the event we had announced for Saturday, July 22nd featuring Mike Rinder and Leah Remini will not be held as planned.

We would like to make it clear that this decision to cancel was not made by Calvary and it certainly did not come as a result of any outside pressure on us. Calvary has a long history, as Clearwater’s oldest church, of standing for the gospel and countering what we believe are the false and destructive teachings of Scientology. We will continue to faithfully defend the gospel and expose what we believe are the dangerous errors of Scientology.

While we regret that we will not be hosting this event on July 22nd we will continue to explore opportunities in the future that will help the people of our community better understand what we believe are the erroneous teachings of this cult and shine a light on its harmful practices.

* * * * * END EXCERPT * * * * *
    • Like Like x 2
    • Like Like x 2
  9. Does anyone remember Penn and Teller's series on Showtime cable TV called "Bullshit"?

(Penn and Teller would examine things like paranormal events, vitamin water, "junk science", popular fads, and so forth.)

I heard they were told flatly by their producers/financial backers that they were *_NOT_* going to do a piece on Scientology. Well, I hope Scientology enjoyed their win on that one. Suppressing that "evil" examination by two "Wog DBs".

Times have changed. Scientology can no longer intimidate Hollywood producers into stopping video documentaries. The momentum of "Hurricane Leah" is not going to be stopped !!!

Congratulations, Scientology, on stopping all evil, suppressive video coverage of Scientology ! (Except that you haven't stopped Leah Remini, and you cannot stop anyone ever again).

Woohoo!
    • Like Like x 1
  10. The Wrong Guy Member

Why Penn and Teller won't cover Islam or Scientology on their TV show | Boing Boing

Are there any groups you won't go after?

We haven't tackled Scientology because Showtime doesn't want us to. Maybe they have deals with individual Scientologists –- I'm not sure. And we haven't tackled Islam because we have families.

http://boingboing.net/2010/06/28/why-penn-and-teller.html
    • Like Like x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. The Wrong Guy Member

Paul Haggis on Scientology Series: "You Don’t Want to Piss Off Leah Remini"

The Oscar-winning director discusses his upcoming appearance on Remini's show and the parallels he sees between Scientologists and Trump supporters.

By Ariston Anderson, Hollywood Reporter

Quote:

Leah Remini didn’t always plan for a second season of her show, Scientology and the Aftermath, a deep exposé of the organization she was a part of for most of her life. The upcoming season premieres this summer, with season one earning an Emmy nod for Remini, as well as A&E's biggest premiere rating in three years.

Season two has many surprises in store, including an interview with perhaps Hollywood's most prominent Scientology defector, Oscar-winning writer-director Paul Haggis. He appears on the show to discuss his break from the church and the constant harassment he received after his very public split from the organization.

Haggis was a big fan of the first season of Remini's show. “She’s incredibly brave,” Haggis tells THR from the Ischia Global Fest. “And it’s a very personal story with her, because of course she grew up in Scientology, unlike me. But you don’t want to piss off Leah Remini. You know, you just don’t want to piss her off. And they pissed her off, and you see it.”

Haggis, who left the organization a few years before Remini, said that she was the only person who didn’t shun him after his departure, and even defended his position to the church.

And then she finally opened her eyes too," he says. "It’s a long process. You are so inundated with what they want you to look at. I mean it’s ridiculous when you step outside and look at it, but when you are inside you believe you are the one. It’s your group and you are under attack by all these bigots around the world, these bullies, and so you stand up for them."

Haggis maintains that despite the renewed public level criticism of Scientology, no one in the organization is noticing. “A. they aren’t allowed, but B. it’s not like someone is controlling their television set. It’s a culture that is a very slow process of brainwashing,” he says. “No Scientologist will watch Going Clear or her show. Out of a point of pride they won’t.”

He does see parallels between Scientologists and Trump supporters and the constant call of “fake news,” along with Remini who has pointed out that they are both very hostile toward the media.

“Of course a lot of Scientologists are Trump supporters,” he says. “It’s the same kind of strong-arm mentality. It’s very strange, but a lot of them are very much in that kind of thinking.”

Scientology recently came into the news again with many critics questioning the choice of casting Elisabeth Moss in The Handmaid’s Tale, about a made-up religious regime that oppresses women, given her involvement in the organization.

“Yes it’s strange isn’t it,” he says of the casting. “I don’t know Elisabeth. I met her once. But I don’t think if you asked her she’d find it ironic, because I don’t think anyone within the church views the church like that. Because you are taught to believe that it’s about free speech and free thought, etc. It’s not, but that is what you are taught. So they truly believe that they are defending freedom.”

Haggis is so familiar with Scientology’s tactics to speak out against opponents that he is already anticipating their response to his appearance on the upcoming show. “I’m sure they will put out a statement, again, how I’m a liar and what a terrible man I am. How I do no work in Haiti or anything else,” he says, about his ongoing work in Haiti under his nonprofit Artists for Peace and Justice. “They boast all the great work they do in Haiti and how I do it for photo-ops or something. It’s just ludicrous and you don’t have to pay any attention to it.”

His only hope for the show is that people watch it and form their own opinions. “I think if people just open their eyes that’s great,” he says. “I’m not on a crusade to open people’s eyes. It’s up to them.”

In addition to appearing on the upcoming show, Haggis is currently finishing a new script. He’s also co-directing an upcoming documentary film with doc helmer Dan Krauss about Ward 5B in San Francisco in the early 1980s in the middle of the AIDS epidemic. While many caretakers refused to treat the then-unknown disease, a small group of doctors and nurses were determined to provide everyone with care, effectively creating the world’s first inpatient AIDS clinic.

Haggis plans on taking the film to festivals next year, and ultimately to a streaming platform.

You actually get your films seen, which is so hard for independent films these days, just in the ways we’ve changed,” he says. “I’ve spoken to so many friends when my last independent film came out and they go, ‘Oh I can’t wait to see it, when is it on Netflix?’ I go, ‘It’s in the theaters right now, it’s opening this weekend!’ And they go ‘yeah, yeah, when is it on Netflix?’ And those are my friends. We all get lazy.”

Source: http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/ne...eries-you-don-t-want-piss-leah-remini-1021226
    • Like Like x 1
  12. The Wrong Guy Member

Unreal! Ex-Scientologist Head Honcho Claims Leah Remini Faked Documentary

‘It was a total act.’

By Radar Online staff

Quote:

RadarOnline.com can reveal that actress Leah Reminis Scientology reality show has been branded “cheap and fake” by a former head honcho of the controversial church.

Influential ex-Scientologist Marty Rathbun has made a series of YouTube videos denouncing Remini and her co-star, former Scientology spokesman Mike Rinder, saying that their hit A&E show Scientology and the Aftermath, which is up for the Best Informational Series Emmy, is all scripted.

Rathbun claimed that the 47-year-old revealed she was only doing the program for the money when she was “begging” him to be the show’s producer. He notes he turned her down with the withering slam: “What you’re producing is a cheap, tabloid-esque pile-on and I’m not interested.”

As Radar reported, King of Queens star Remini left the Church after 34 years in 2013 in a huge blaze of publicity, which included a series of high profile TV interviews and the publication of her autobiography entitled Troublemaker: Surviving Hollywood and Scientology.

She then produced her hit reality series, which takes aim at the controversial religion for its alleged abuse of devotees.

Rathbun alleged that he had a phone conversation with Remini regarding one regular slot on the show; a therapy session where former members discuss their experiences, which Rathbun thought was real, but was told otherwise by Remini.

“[She said], ‘No. no, no, you didn’t get it all, this wasn’t an actual therapy session, this whole thing was planned out and scripted,’” said Rathbun, who added he asked if the entire scene was just an act.

“That’s how it works honey, doll, that’s how you do it, it’s not reality, I plan out all these episodes, and we figure them all out beforehand… it’s unreality, it’s fake reality,” Rathbun claimed Remini said.

Rathbun, 60, was the former Inspector General of Scientology until he left in 2004. Since then, he’s been an outspoken critic of the Church, starring in Louis Theroux’s documentary My Scientology Movie.

However, his recent views on Scientology have softened, and other anti-Scientology bloggers believe that he could be back in the church’s fold.

But what about Remini?

Rathbun said that Remini’s spectacular exit from Scientology was all cooked up by the actress, her agents and Rinder. In one YouTube clip, Rathbun claimed that Rinder had told him they’d “worked out an operation, where Leah’s departure from Scientology would be orchestrated, be reported in a way that they could manipulate it…it was a total act.’”

He added: “Leah would act as if she had been persecuted by Scientology for having all this information about it. All the while, she was orchestrating and having her agents create this story of her leaving… It was a sting operation, to get Scientology to react to her.”

“It was all going to be a roll out to increase her profile, to create this mystery, and create this figure who is this innocent warrior princess,” he continued.

“As it rolled out, Scientology never played its part. She never did get persecuted, she never got hunted down, she never got someone begging her to come back.”

Rathbun also says that the supposed disappearance of Miscavige’s wife Shelly — who hasn’t been seen in public since 2005 and is rumored to be living in a “punishment block” — is all fiction made up by Remini and Rinder.

Said Rathbun: “[Rinder] knew it was a scam from the beginning, he knew it was a cheap shot. I was certain that Rinder had conned her on the Shelly story. When I called her out on it, she said: ‘I already knew that, I was running a false black PR campaign on it the entire time…I knew she wasn’t missing.’”

Source, and open comments:
    http://radaronline.com/exclusives/2017/07/leah-remini-scientology-aftermath-documentary-controversy/
    • Like Like x 1
  13. [IMG]

R they fuckin'??? They really look cozy! ROFL!!
    Zomg!
    This message by Zomg! has been hidden due to negative ratings. (Show message)
    • Dislike Dislike x 4
  14. I hope they are fucking. They deserve the best in everything for their hard work.
    U go gurl
    This message by U go gurl has been hidden due to negative ratings. (Show message)
    • Dislike Dislike x 5
  15. Quentinanon Member

And Marty Rathbun continues to do step 2 of Hubbard's Liability condition.
    Hey Marty Boy. Die in a fire.
    • Like Like x 2
  16. Attached Files:

17. The Wrong Guy Member

A&E Sets Date For ‘Leah Remini: Scientology and the Aftermath’

A&E Network has set a return date for the Emmy-nominated limited series Leah Remini: Scientology And The Aftermath: Season 2 will kick off Tuesday, August 15 at 9 PM ET/PT.

By Greg Evans, Deadline

Quote:

The second season will include 10 hour-long episodes that will further explore accounts of former Scientology members whose lives have been significantly impacted by the Church’s practices.

The new season will continue to follow Remini, along with former high ranking Scientology employees and Church members, as they delve into stories of abuse and heartbreak. This season stories will include losing loved ones to suicide, growing up in the Church’s paramilitary organization (The Sea Organization), and Oscar-winning filmmaker Paul Haggis’ own harrowing personal journey.

Leah Remini: Scientology and the Aftermath is produced for A&E Network by The Intellectual Property Corporation. Remini serves as executive producer for her No Seriously Productions. Executive producers for IPC are Eli Holzman and Aaron Saidman. Myles Reiff serves as showrunner and executive producer. Executive producers for A&E Network are Devon Hammonds, Amy Savitsky and Elaine Frontain Bryant.

Source, with open comments:
    http://deadline.com/2017/07/premiere-date-leah-remini-scientology-and-the-aftermath-1202132218/
    • Like Like x 3
  18. The Wrong Guy Member

As Leah Remini’s second season approaches, more Scientology survivors are opening up

By Tony Ortega, July 21, 2017

Quote:

You probably heard yesterday that A&E’s remarkable series, Leah Remini: Scientology and the Aftermath, will return for season two on August 15 at 9 pm. We were just with Leah Remini and Mike Rinder a few days ago, and we can tell you that they are working at a furious rate to get episodes shot. These people are working very, very hard.

And you can see the effect that their show is having on Scientology and the public’s perception of it. There was a time, not so long ago, when it was rare for someone who had spent time in the Church of Scientology to come out publicly about it. But these days, well, the floodgates are open.

Just as an example, we thought we’d mention something that happened the other day. We were looking through some posts at a closed Facebook group that discusses Leah’s show, and a woman named Anne Renner Krzanowski spoke up. At first, she made sure that it was a closed group and she wasn’t speaking for the general public. After she was assured that was the case, this is the account she posted:

I wasn’t in the Church for nearly as long as so many others, but I still had my time and my horror story. I joined in 1986 when I was 17, still living at home with my parents, just graduated high school and was curious. The Church of Scientology got a hold of me so fast and they were so relentless in recruiting me.

Once I went in, I went through the auditing, they found my vulnerabilities and weaknesses and exploited the hell out of them. I was ordered to disconnect from my parents and family. I was ordered to move in to the church, where I would be taken care of, have everything I would ever need, I could contribute to the “greater good,” reach my best and highest spiritual enlightenment, and they would marry me off to a “suitable match.” Thank GOD that never happened. But I believed all their promises of this beautiful, purpose-filled life.

I started to disconnect from my parents, I was being indoctrinated by the Church and their brainwashing was starting to work on me. My dad knew something was going on and I finally broke down and told him everything. He wouldn’t let me move out of the house, told me not to answer the phone, or the door, and to have no contact with Scientology at all. I’m leaving out a lot but my parents were declared SP, they relentlessly pursued me to get me back. I snuck out and went back one more time and they put me thru a 6-hour audit that messed my brain up severely. After that many hours with no break, no water, no food, etc., you will say whatever they want to hear just to make it stop. I “confessed my sins” to them of being conflicted and confused and doubting if I wanted to stay in the church.

After that day I went back to my parents home, terrified of the Church, and my dad ultimately intervened and told them they would have to go through him to get his daughter and they were NOT going to get through him. He saved my life. I was declared and they said they expelled me from the church because I was associating with SPs. I was only in for about a year but their damage was done. The scars are still there, 30 years later.

I thank God for Leah Remini and Mike Rinder and everyone who has been brave enough to be willing to tell their story to the world. So much innocence has been stolen by this horrible cult. So many families destroyed. Mine came so close. I was on the edge, about to jump. If it hadn’t been for my dad who pulled me back from that edge, Scientology would have had me probably for decades. I’m just so grateful for what Leah, Mike and all the others are doing. People need to know. Scientology isn’t glitzy, glamorous hanging out with Tom Cruise. They are your worst nightmare.

We reached out to Anne, and asked her if she would be interested in us posting her story at the Bunker. She agreed, and then we sent over a few questions. Here’s how it went.

Continued at http://tonyortega.org/2017/07/21/as...roaches-scientology-survivors-are-opening-up/
    • Like Like x 1
  19. The Wrong Guy Member

• Like Like x 1
  20. DeathHamster Member

• Like Like x 2
  21. Pastor Willy Rice of the Calvary Baptist Church in Clearwater thanks Mike Rinder and Leah Remini for their courage.

https://twitter.com/WillyRice/status/888793331052023808

8bZCcmk.png

THE REFERENCED BLOG POST BY MIKE RINDER:

Clearwater: The Aftermath

http://www.mikerindersblog.org/clearwater-the-aftermath/

* * * * * BEGIN EXCERPT * * * * *

In particular, Leah and I greatly appreciate the courage of Pastor Willy Rice, his staff and congregation at the Calvary Baptist church. They have been supportive above and beyond what anyone could ask for or expect. And they continue to be so.

* * * * * END EXCERPT * * * * *
    • Like Like x 1
  22. The Wrong Guy Member

A&E will rebroadcast episodes one through seven of Leah Remini: Scientology and the Aftermath on Tuesday, July 25 from 11:00 am to 6:00 pm.
    • Like Like x 1
  23. More from Pastor Willy Rice of the Calvary Baptist Church in Clearwater

https://twitter.com/WillyRice/status/889626020407648260
    era76cF.png

https://twitter.com/WillyRice/status/889625567888367616
    SDgqmJX.png
    • Like Like x 2
  24. But what about the pastors opposition to gay marriage? Would that not put him at odds with Anons? I'm confused. I don't even know where I am.

Willy Rice (@WillyRice), pastor of Calvary Baptist Church in Clearwater: “The President announced his support for gay marriage today. He is wrong. The issue isn’t political, it is moral & spiritual.”
  25. The Church of Scientology Ordered Aaron Smith-Levin's in-laws to sell their property across the street so his kids can't see them. They have complied. The houses were sold last week.

Aaron Smith-Levin appeared on the first season of Scientology and the Aftermath. This is Scientology's way, or at least ONE of Scientology's ways, of punishing him and his family.
    nervous.gif nervous.gif

https://twitter.com/GrowingupinSCN/status/890245085983498241
    RpmuPGu.png
    • Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 2
    • Like Like x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  26. PODCAST: Part 2 of the Anne Renner Krzanowski Scientology Story.

Interview by Chris Crimy of CGS Scientology Truth.

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/cgshere/2017/07/28/come-get-sum-extra-scientology-ex-scientologist-anne-renner-krzanowski-p2

* * * * * BEGIN INTRODUCTION * * * * *

Anne decided she was done after a disturbing 6 hour audit. She left scientology but then what? Anne will explain how the lasting effects played a part in her life that effects her even today.

What was it about the audit that bothered her? How was her relationship with her family after such a wedge was forged by scientology? What message does Anne have for Cult and abuse survivors? Hear the andwers to these questions, 10 Questions and more on this edition of Come Get Sum Extra!!!

Follow anne on Twitter: @Anneinma

* * * * * BEGIN INTRODUCTION * * * * *
    • Like Like x 1
  27. Intelligence Member

On July 14, 2017, I received a phone call from Leah Remni's producer - an invitation to fly down to LA to help expose Narconon and other $os Front Groups that tear apart families and contribute to Narconon deaths inside their so-called drug rehab, cult of Scientology recruitment compounds. Unfortunately, I had another commitment I couldn't break, and had to decline.

Perhaps another time?

GO LEAH & MIKE - keep exposing... keep exposing... keep on keeping on... :D
    • Like Like x 2
  28. Incredulicide Member

• Like Like x 1
  29. Love what you are doing. All of us..can change their part of
    their world..you have done that. DON'T GIVE UP!! ppl are listening...it might seem longer than you'd like..but..it's gonna happen. THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR EXPOSE'S .....don't stop..ex-Scientologists need you...this is your calling...you already have things to look back at in your life and say...I MADE A DIFFERENCE!!.
  30. Another Season 1 marathon will be occurring on August 8th-9th (Tuesday night to Wednesday morning), a week before the premier of Season 2. According to my schedule, it will begin at 6pm on August 8th; check your local listings, because that start time might vary based on your time zone.

http://www.aetv.com/schedule?month=8&day=8&year=2017

http://www.aetv.com/schedule?month=8&day=9&year=2017