Customize

Leah Remini TV series about how Scientology rips families apart

Discussion in 'Celebrity News' started by The Wrong Guy, Jun 27, 2016.

1. Disambiguation Global Moderator

This sounds like a multi sock conversation. The link we are directed to (several times) is .ru a Russian site and suspicious. Carry on.
    • Like Like x 3
  2. The Wrong Guy Member

'Leah Remini: Scientology and the Aftermath' Examines 'The Bridge to Total Freedom'

By Jean Bentley, The Hollywood Reporter

Quote:

Leah Remini: Scientology and the Aftermath's second season broke from format for its fourth episode to explain Scientology's "Bridge to Total Freedom," aka the foundation on which the Church is built. It acted as a sort of primer on the basics of the Church's beliefs, as explained by Remini and three other roundtable members, all former multi-decade Scientologists.

Remini's partner on the series, former Scientology spokesman Mike Rinder, explained the Bridge as the "foundation of everything in Scientology. It is a delineated path that every Scientologist must follow, and when you progress on these exact steps, you're supposed to achieve exact results."

The first step on the bridge is Dianetics, the book authored by L. Ron Hubbard that, according to Rinder, "is the foundation of everything that followed in Scientology. The theory of Dianetics is very clever. It says whatever your problems are, whether you're upset, whether you have pains, you have sensations, you have emotions and things that you don't like, it's not your fault. There is this reactive mind that you have."

Added Remini, "that's below your conscious mind."

Continued Rinder, "and that we have the answer of how you can eradicate that. The idea then becomes that you can eradicate your reactive mind and become what's known in Scientology as a Clear. Clear in Scientology is the most important step to be achieved for everybody."

Previous episodes have referred to Scientologists as wanting to "Clear the world," which Remini and Rinder clarified means wanting the majority of people in the world to achieve Clear status on the Bridge. With the help of 31-year Scientology member Bruce Hines, who spent thousands of hours auditing fellow Scientologists, and 34-year member Vicki Marshall, Remini's mother, Remini and Rinder explained many other basic tenets of the Church.

They explained how people get into Scientology in the first place: typically thanks to a stress test with an e-meter, the device that Scientology claims verifies truthfulness and pinpoints areas of distress. People are then are sold incentives, typically 12.5-hour blocks of auditing/counseling around $5000. Hines, who said he joined Scientology in part because of how it promised he would stop getting sick and would gain supernatural abilities, said he never saw any of his auditing subjects gain any sort of supernatural ability.

"Never, never was there any supernatural ability that you could verify from any of these people," he said—which helped sell more incentives to members hoping to achieve the next level. If people complained that they didn't gain any of those abilities, they would be "declared," a.k.a. called a "suppressive person."

The roundtable then examined different levels of the Bridge, and gave examples of questions asked during each level's auditing, along with the results the person completing the courses were supposed to achieve and the amount of money they would likely pay. For example, a person attempting Grade 2 would be asked about things they think they shouldn't have done to someone else.

By the group's estimates, it would take approximately $40,000 to achieve Level IV. To get to Clear, it took Remini's mother around two years. But even after achieving Clear, Marshall said every Scientologist is always searching for the next level—the confidential "OT" levels, the "Operating Thetan" levels above Clear on the Bridge which Scientology defines as "knowing and willing cause over life, thought, matter, energy, space and time."

The next auditing level Scientologists typically strive to reach is OT III, which Remini said involves the materials being locked in a briefcase attached to their body at all times and threatened with a $100,000 fine for revealing what they include. Hines described OT III as a type of exorcism removing spiritual beings attached to your body—which Remini explained happened in an incident 75 million years ago involving the galactic leader Xenu who wanted to control the population.

"It's insane," Remini said with a laugh, "but we all did it anyway."

In OT V, Hines and Remini explained, members felt they were curing their diseases—but as Hines said, his sister completed the level but still died of cancer.

"She did all the things she was supposed to do, but it certainly didn't work out for her," he said.

OT VII typically costs $30,000 or $40,000 a year, Rinder said, and members typically stay on that level for 10 to 20 years. Marshall was on OT VII for 18 years. That means it could cost more than a half a million dollars (including additional mandatory materials).

"The average Scientologist would take mortgages out on their homes," Marshall explained, "and they would get many credit cards and max their credit cards out and live below their means [to afford it]."

It was at OT VIII when Marshall told Remini she wanted out, because it was nothing like she thought it would be. Explained a user on Rinder's ex-Scientology blog, the level revealed that the person had become the true version of the person they were before they started Scientology.

"It's so opposite from an oh my god moment. It's like, yeah? The truth of the matter is the end result of all of this is to be told eh, it wasn't any of that. You weren't any of those things, sorry. Now you get the chance to find out who you really are," said Rinder. "The final carrot is you will find out who you really are on OT IX and OT X, but OT IX and OT X do not exist."

Essentially, explained the group, when Hubbard was alive, there were always new discoveries. But after his death, there was nowhere else to climb—so the higher-level Scientologists were told they now had to descend the Bridge. It became circular rather than something to cross.

"There's a lot of trauma connected to what we've all been through, what Scientologists and Sea Org members have been through. They take you absolute prisoner—your life, your spirituality, your freedom—they make you believe that without it you will be a failure. They make you believe that without it, you will literally die," Remini said.

She added, "you sacrifice everything—money, time, your family, your careers—for this Bridge. And I hope that we have explained to people don't waste your time."

The Church of Scientology challenges the credibility and statements of the contributors appearing in the series, and A&E provides information from the Church regarding claims made in each episode online.

(Read the Church of Scientology's statement in response to allegations here.)

Source, and open comments:
    http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/li...termath-examines-bridge-total-freedom-1035619
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Incredulicide Member

Any Scientologists lurking under the radar without access to A&E who try to watch/download pirated versions of this episode 4 of season 2 to learn the actual truth of OT 8 will instead find themselves with another copy of episode 3 from last week. Not sure if this was just a glitch in rerun timing for recordings or OSA OSA OSA..
  4. The Wrong Guy Member

Scientology’s ultimate prize: For the first time online, the current ‘OT 8’ materials laid bare

By Tony Ortega, September 6, 2017

Quote:

Last night’s episode of the A&E network’s Leah Remini: Scientology and the Aftermath was special in a number of ways. Through the first season and into the second, Leah had said she didn’t want to get into specific Scientology “beliefs,” and she mentioned the Xenu story in particular, saying that it was irrelevant to her mission to expose Scientology’s abuses. But last night, she got into Xenu and the rest of Scientology’s “Bridge to Total Freedom” in a big way.

In our preview on Monday, we suggested that if there was one thing this episode should be remembered for, it was the way Leah exposed Operating Thetan Level 8 — the top auditing level in Scientology — in a way it never has been explained for a large audience.

She and her mother eviscerated the top of Scientology’s “Bridge.”

Here’s a transcript of that portion of the show, in which Leah and her mother reveal the “end phenomenon” — the planned-for result — of OT 8.

Leah: Mom, when you got to OT 8, you told me then that you were done with Scientology.

Vicki: Correct.

Leah: Was that because OT 8 wasn’t what you thought it was going to be?

Vicki: It was nothing that I thought it would be.

Leah: Well, what did you think it would be?

Vicki: I thought it was spiritual freedom, forever. Forever.

Leah: When I had talked to you, I go, “Is it everything that you wanted, mom? Is it everything that you sacrificed your whole life for?” And you said, “Not now, Leah.”

Vicki: Right.

Leah: And I go, OK. So basically what she was saying was, “No, I can’t talk to you about it now because either they’re listening, or they’re going to keep me here if they know that I’m not happy.”

Vicki: Exactly right.

Leah: Yeah. So this is from somebody who completed OT 8. [Leah reads from a comment at Mike Rinder’s blog] “I thought OT 8 was the end of the Bridge. It made sense to me that you created your own reactive mind.”

Vicki: Created it, exactly.

Leah: [Still reading comment] “OT 8 cognition is that your case was all made up by the body thetans, that you were never that person that these body thetans were remembering as your past.”

Vicki: Right.

Leah: [Still reading comment] “And at the top of the Bridge, after parting with a million dollars or more, you have re-achieved the state of who and what you were before you ever walked through the door of a Dianetics center or organization.”

Vicki: Right, that you’re yourself.

Leah: That you are yourself.

Vicki: Right. Which is what I’ve been saying all along.

Leah: Well doesn’t anybody, let me ask the cameramen — Do you know, sir, that you are who you are?

Camera guy: Absolutely do.

Leah: Interesting. And you’ve never done any Scientology.

Camera guy: Not at all.

Mike Rinder: We’ve just saved you millions.

(a little later)

Rinder: The final carrot is, you will find out who you really are on OT 9.

Rinder was referring to an auditing level, OT 9, which doesn’t currently exist. But Scientology leader David Miscavige has been promising church members that he’s going to be releasing OT 9 and 10 soon. (Former top official Marty Rathbun revealed in one of his books that there are no auditing levels above OT 8, even though L. Ron Hubbard had talked about eventually producing them to OT 15.) One more detail to keep in mind: OT 8 is only delivered aboard Scientology’s private cruise ship, the Freewinds, which goes back and forth between several Caribbean islands.

We were curious about how some other OT 8s experienced this moment in their journeys up the Bridge, and we received a couple of different replies. Mary Kahn, who was featured in a season one episode, tells us that although OT 8 wasn’t what she was hoping it might be, it wasn’t her biggest concern at the time.

“OT 8 was a very short level and I was finished after one or two sessions. And even though it wasn’t what I expected, it was not my main beef,” she says. “There were signs early on that there was a great deal on the Bridge that didn’t exactly ring my bell, and yet I continued. So the fact that OT 8 wasn’t all it was cracked up to be wasn’t a phenomenon that was new to me… My beef with Scientology — and with being on the ship and for OT 8 — was all the other shit. One cannot describe how horrible it actually is, but by then I was trapped.”

Among her grievances, she says: “Being pressured to give money, to go to mandatory ‘briefings’ so I could give more money, having my case supervisor corner me in an office to pressure me to give money, having my Ethics Officer corner me to get me to give money, having the IAS corner me about giving money — very high pressure stuff… the effing long sec check I had to go through right after doing other long sec checks to finish OT 7, and I went right to the ship after 7, having to do more Dianetics on the ship after 7 because now after all this time they have ascertained that I am not really Clear, so I had to ‘Go Clear’ again. (And try not to think of the Clear Cognition when you already know what it is.) Cha Ching!

“Also,” Mary continues, “I had to do more NOTS to handle my sea sickness which the incompetent MLO decided was ‘case.’ Cha Ching! And all of that was just while I was on the ship. OT 8 the course included a section that took two weeks to do if one hadn’t already done it. This was trickery to me because it was a section that people could have easily been told before they came to the ship, but the ship gets you there and this ‘confidential’ section is sprung on you once you enter the OT 8 course room. Cha Ching! Fortunately, I had already done this section but I am sure it really pissed off people when they saw this on their checksheet.”

Mary says that she would like to have said she was finished after OT 7, but she couldn’t bring herself to. Her husband had paid her ticket to go, and she had a hard time telling him no. But when she got to the ship, she regretted it. “There was so much horrible regging for money and ‘Basics’ and sec checks, it was a slice of hell,” she says. “This is my main beef with the Church of Scientology. It gets many good-intentioned people into this position; you can’t just leave or get off when you decide you’ve had enough.”

Continued at https://tonyortega.org/2017/09/06/s...e-online-the-current-ot8-materials-laid-bare/
  5. The Wrong Guy Member

Leah Remini reveals what happens when you reach the top of Scientology

By Chris Jancelewicz, Global News Canada

Quote:

On Tuesday night’s episode of Leah Remini: Scientology and the Aftermath, the ex-Scientologist, along with her co-host Mike Rinder, her own mother and three other former members, divulged some of Scientology‘s biggest secrets.

All Scientologists, regardless of rank, work their way through Dianetics studies and courses — which can sometimes consume decades of an individual’s life — to ascend the Bridge to Total Freedom. The “bridge” consists of multiple steps and positions that a Scientologist must complete before they can move on to the next stage.

Remini and her guests broke down the journey, revealing what you “learn” during every level and estimating the approximate cost, on average, to complete the bridge. Remini and Rinder say it wouldn’t be out of the ordinary for an individual to spend approximately $500,000 to reach the top tiers of Scientology.

As you get higher in the Scientology church, you’re expected to consistently take courses (beginner courses cost around $650, escalating into the thousands as you get higher) to reach the “OT Levels” (Operating Thetan levels). Not only that, but you’re concurrently shelling out big dough for “audits” ($800 per hour) and Dianetics books (a package of books costs, on average, $4,000) along the way. Scientology consistently updates the course material, so even if you reach the top, chances are you’re looking at additional courses and more spending.

“There is no other religion that I know of that requires two-and-a-half hours of your day, a quarter of a million dollars minimum, and at least 40 years of your life,” said Remini.

Don’t even think about telling anyone about what you’ve learned as you ascend, either. That’s considered “confidential information” to Scientologists, and there’s a $100,000 fine any time someone reveals details about Scientology teachings and beliefs to anyone outside the organization. It’s even punishable to tell your husband, wife, family, friends or fellow (lower ranked) Scientologist.

Luckily for Remini, she split from Scientology in 2013 so is now able to break down the church’s teachings and reveal them publicly.

Ultimately, Scientologists want to “clear the world,” and this is achieved by getting the majority of people on Earth to achieve “Clear” status on the bridge. But to reach “Clear” and move beyond, it is a very difficult challenge.

Even in the beginning, in levels like Grade I, Grade II, etc., once completing the course (see the diagram of the bridge, linked to above), a blooming Scientologist is supposed to be able to eradicate sickness from their body or develop other supernatural abilities. Remini and her guests referenced lofty Scientology claims that said you could potentially gain the powers of telekinesis, for example, if you successfully completed the ample “auditing” sessions and moved up the bridge. (For the record, no one on Remini’s Aftermath panel, despite their very senior positions within Scientology, had ever once seen anyone move up the bridge and gain extraordinary powers of any kind.)

Remini’s mother said it took her nearly two years to hit “Clear,” but then it was on to the OT Levels, which are confidential. By the time you reach OT III, according to Remini, the materials involved in the course level are locked in a briefcase attached to the Scientologist’s body at all times. Another Scientologist on the Aftermath panel described OT III as a type of exorcism, removing spiritual beings “attached to your body.”

OT VII, one of the highest levels, costs approximately $30,000 — $40,000 per year, said Rinder, and Scientologists spend literally decades working on that level, so you do the math.

“The average Scientologist would take mortgages out on their homes, and they would get many credit cards and max their credit cards out and live below their means,” explained Remini’s mother.

The worst part of it all, says the group, is when you realize after 20 years of dedication that the upper OT Levels don’t offer any sort of magical or earth-shattering revelations, as were promised at the start of your journey. In fact, the OT Levels at VIII and above don’t offer much at all.

“It’s the opposite from an ‘Oh my god’ moment,” said Rinder. “It’s like, yeah… the truth of the matter is the end result of all of this is to be told, ‘Eh, it wasn’t any of that. You weren’t any of those things, sorry. Now you get the chance to find out who you really are.’ The final carrot is you will find out who you really are on OT IX and OT X, but OT IX and OT X do not exist.”

After Scientology founder L. Ron Hubbard died in 1986, there were suddenly no new “discoveries,” and higher-level Scientologists were told they had to start descending the bridge, rather than ascending. Additionally, little changes like punctuation and sentence structure were made to Dianetics books and other course content, meaning any Scientologist had to retake the course/level (and re-pay the original cost, again) in order to reflect those changes.

So the big reveal of Scientology: At the top levels, you learn who you really are, which is what you were before you even started the bridge process and spent your life’s earnings. And in order to find out who you really are, you have to disregard everything you’ve learned up to that point and take even more courses. It’s no coincidence, says Rinder, that many Scientologists get disillusioned at OT Level VIII, and that’s the time when they see the most people leave the religion. (Remini’s mother left at this time.)

“There’s a lot of trauma connected to what we’ve all been through, what Scientologists and Sea Org members have been through. They take you absolute prisoner — your life, your spirituality, your freedom — they make you believe that without it you’ll be a failure. They make you believe that without it, you’ll literally die,” Remini said. “You sacrifice everything — money, time, your family, your careers — for this bridge. And I hope that we have explained to people [that you shouldn’t] waste your time.”

The Church of Scientology vehemently denies all accusations and statements made my Remini, Rinder, the former Scientologists and Aftermath. The organization has a website dedicated to disproving all the claims of Aftermath and to discrediting Remini and Rinder.

In what appears to be a common technique, the church also has a website titled “Who Is Michael Rinder?” On the site, Rinder is called “a vicious wife beater,” a “deadbeat,” and a “father from hell.” None of those declarations has been proven.

Scientology claims that because of Aftermath, the religion and its followers have increasingly become the target of acts of hate and violence.

“To date, Remini’s reality show has led to some 500 documented threats of violence, death threats, acts of vandalism and hate targeting the Church, its parishioners and its leaders,” reads its website. “One came from a 13-year-old boy who posted a death threat against a Church leader after binge-watching Remini’s show.”

Source: http://globalnews.ca/news/3721663/leah-remini-scientology-bridge-total-freedom/
  6. The Wrong Guy Member

‘Leah Remini’ show prompting more ‘ranch kids’ to come forward with agonizing family drama

By Tony Ortega, September 8, 2017

Quote:

We continue to be amazed at the effect Leah Remini is producing with her A&E series, Scientology and the Aftermath. As her second season progresses, we’re seeing more and more people speak up about their experiences in Scientology.

One declaration we noticed on Facebook really caught our eye, and we want to thank Aaron Smith-Levin for helping put us in touch with the person who made it.

Her name is Clarissa Adams. She and her husband Ethan both spoke up at Facebook about how they could corroborate what Mirriam Francis and Saina Kamula were saying about the primitive conditions at Canyon Oaks Ranch, a school for Scientology children in the 1980s and early 1990s.

We talked to Clarissa about that, but then learned that her story was about so much more.

In 1986, L. Ron Hubbard had recently died, but the Huber family was only increasing its involvement in Scientology by moving to Los Angeles.

Walter and Irmin Huber were from Austria, and had met at Scientology’s Vienna “org.”

Continued at https://tonyortega.org/2017/09/08/l...-to-come-forward-with-agonizing-family-drama/
  7. The Wrong Guy Member

Supporting Leah Remini and her show — what’s the risk for viewers who expose Scientology?

By Tony Ortega, September 9, 2017

Quote:

There’s a law firm in Manhattan that struggled this week to cope after it came under a bizarre attack.

We want to tell you about it, and to try to convey the sense of panic and bewilderment that the targets of the attack experienced. But after some consideration, we’ve decided that the only way to tell this story is by not naming anyone — the targets of the attack as well as the names of the attackers themselves, which are probably not real identities anyway.

What we can tell you is that on about August 23, a Manhattan lawyer, after watching an episode of A&E’s Leah Remini: Scientology and the Aftermath, took to Twitter to say that she had formerly been a psychiatric clinician, and that in her opinion, “Scientology is institutionalized mental illness.”

It was a harsh assessment, but the lawyer’s reach on Twitter was modest. She had only about 1,200 followers, although her use of the hashtag #ScientologyTheAftermath helped give her message a chance to be seen more widely — including one person in particular who happened to notice it.

It was Leah Remini, who retweeted the lawyer’s message to her 567,000 followers.

The lawyer tells us that once Leah launched her tweet to a larger audience, she suddenly became the subject of interest by two Twitter accounts. One of them (we’ll call him “Hank”) ridiculed her reference to being a “former” clinician, as if that meant she had been fired from her job before becoming a lawyer (she hadn’t). The other (we’ll call him “Jim”) was mildly rude, and persistently so: “you’re neither smart enough to write or have anything interesting that people want to hear,” he wrote.

For several days, the lawyer responded to them with barbs of her own, ridiculing “Hank” for his poor spelling, and jabbing “Jim” as “clinically insane.”

At that point, it was not unlike a lot of name-calling on Twitter, and neither Hank or Jim’s accounts gave a hint of what was to come next.

Yesterday, we dove into the entire histories of both accounts — both of which were relatively short, each having existed for only several months — and found that they did have a lot in common. Hank and Jim spend nearly all day, every day, launching vicious attacks at a few targets, nearly all of which happen to be women involved in the comic book industry.

Obsessively, day in and day out, Hank and Jim comment on the looks and talent of these women, making vile suggestions about their sexuality. And sadly, it’s completely unsurprising.

As USA Today and many other publications have pointed out, Internet harassment of women — particularly those who dare to express an opinion, and especially about comic books or video games — is epidemic.

Jim appears to be a man in his late 20s, and Hank claims to be a teenager, although the wording of some of his tweets makes us suspect he’s much older. The two might also be related, judging by something Hank mentioned several months ago.

After Jim started his account, he initially expressed some support for Leah Remini and her A&E show, but then his attitude toward her gradually changed. He began to accuse Remini of not caring about the people she must have attracted into Scientology as one of its celebrities. Hank, meanwhile, was consistently skeptical of Leah and her mission. But even with Hank’s criticisms, and Jim’s evolving attitude, neither of them gave the impression of being Scientologists or Scientology operatives.

But after they began to tangle with the Manhattan attorney, things took a frightening turn.

The lawyer blocked both accounts, but then she found that a detailed page about her had suddenly showed up on a misogynistic website. It called her a “run of the mill, bat-shit insane, all around Feminazi libtard suffering from Unwarranted Self-Importance that should be barefoot, Pregnant and in a kitchen making sammiches and bringing men beers rather than trying to succeed in her secret man-hating club goal of either boring all men to impotence or destroying them with her secret power up move of giving out Brain Tumors through her incessant use of Social Media because some Uncle had to go and convince her she was interesting when he was making Small Talk during one of their molestation slash ice-cream parties.”

The lawyer was stunned. Her husband had died of a brain tumor, and she didn’t think it was an accident that the anonymous website had included that detail.

The page went on to ridicule her career and the books she’s written, calling them “self-published” (they aren’t), and going into details about her consulting work.

“Much like the ugly girl rationalizing to her emo blog on why she’s so much better than the pretty girl with the nice body, rich parents, huge tits and long legs by saying she’s smart, has a personality and genuinely cares about people, all [she] is really doing is hating on L. Ron Hubbard because he and $cientology have everything she wants out of life: money, fame, a tax-free status and brain washed accolites who will do whatever is ordered of them…”

After the web page had been put up, emails started showing up at the Manhattan law firm to make sure that the attorney’s bosses knew about it.

“They sent a barrage of emails to my bosses to get me fired,” she tells us. “Our computer company blocked their IP addresses. It’s been a campaign to destroy my life and intimidate me over a tweet. It’s insane.”

“I hope you intend to do something about her because I am telling my church group about your firm and how you choose to represent the world by hiring angry, bitter people that call people names and hate people simply on religion alone,” one of the emails reads. After the email accounts were blocked, the senders (whose names now were not Hank or Jim) started coming through from new accounts.

Then, this week, one of the firm’s partners reported that his wife had found a suspicious man taking photographs of their house.

The lawyer says the firm’s partners are seriously shaken. They’ve worked hard to block the emails. The attorney has killed her Twitter account and is going completely silent on social media and otherwise on the Internet.

She says the firm’s partners are standing by her, but the entire office is on edge. She told us they all assume that they are under attack by the Church of Scientology itself.

We told her we couldn’t be certain of it. Photographing the partner’s house, the smear webpage, and the emails are all tools that Scientology uses in its “noisy investigations,” some of which we have been subjected to ourselves. But the original Twitter accounts struck us more as garden variety women-hating trolls who got wound up when the attorney returned their insults.

We just don’t know.

But we will suggest to all of our readers that there are risks, even now, to speaking out about controversial topics online.

Make sure you think twice about it, and take precautions. Things only seem like they’re going to get hairier still as Leah Remini’s second season plows forward.

Source, and open comments:
    https://tonyortega.org/2017/09/09/s...-the-risk-for-viewers-who-expose-scientology/

Here's one of the comments below the article:

Patty Moher2 hours ago

I've been on both sides of the insane Scientology war machine. I worked for OSA for many years prior to leaving Scientology. Among the many jobs I performed for them was collecting intel (dirt) on people speaking out against the cult. Back then, there was a checklist assigned to each "enemy". The first checklist was Overt Data Collection and it required that I physically visit, City Halls, libraries, courts, including probate, Deeds and Land records, Civil, local, county, state and federal court houses, to name a few. Each place would be traveled to, sometime hours away, and then time spent culling records to get as much info as possible on that person. I was looking for dirt on the person. Lawsuits, bankruptcy, arrests, convictions, newspaper articles, etc.

The purpose of the checklist was to collect public info on an enemy in an attempt to silence him.

In many cases it worked. Many people don't want their dirty laundry aired on the internet or in the old days, with flyers about you passed out to your neighbors, and people go silent and sue for peace. Scientology considers this practice a "successful action" and therefore something that should be repeated over and over again.

I have also been a target of their wrath, with my very own special hate page. I'm not actually ashamed or appalled by it, instead I wear it like a badge of honor.

Today, it's a matter of a few taps on the computer and you can collect information on anyone pretty easily. What took weeks of collecting data on cult enemies can now be done in minutes. It's very easy for them to go after people now.

OSA knows there will be some kickback for putting up their hate pages, but they don't care. To them this is successful and their mission is to silence all critics of Scientology. The louder you are the more you attract their attention.

It takes a certain kind of courage to stand up to this cult. Thanks to all that do.

Source: https://tonyortega.org/2017/09/09/s...rs-who-expose-scientology/#comment-3509358988

There's some background in this thread:
    https://whyweprotest.net/threads/the-story-behind-the-tom-cruise-video-leak.93170/
    • Like Like x 2
    • Like Like x 2
  8. The Wrong Guy Member

Leah Remini Wins Emmy, Forgives Mom For Introducing Her To ‘Cult’ That Is Scientology

Leah Remini forgave her mom for getting her into the Scientology “cult,” while accepting her Creative Arts Emmy Award on Saturday night.

Mom, thank you. You are officially forgiven,” Deadline reports Remini said after accepting her award for Best Informational Series or Special for her A&E docuseries Leah Remini: Scientology and the Aftermath.

https://www.inquisitr.com/4487685/l...-introducing-her-to-cult-that-is-scientology/

Creative Arts Emmys: Leah Remini Dedicates 'Scientology and the Aftermath' Win to "Brave" Contributors

She dedicated the award to those who helped make the show "despite ongoing risk and repercussions."

By Carolyn Giardina, The Hollywood Reporter

Quote:

Leah Remini was near tears as she accepted an Emmy for her A&E series, Leah Remini: Scientology And The Aftermath -- dedicating the award to the "brave contributors who [worked on the series] despite ongoing risk and repercussions."

"I'm so happy to share this," she said. "It's not an easy job but they were the one's putting their stories out there for everyone to hear. And we are honored to be the vessel to tell this stories. ... This belongs to our contributors, the brave ones, who are telling their stories."

She added, "It's about doing the right thing. This doesn't belong to me. it belongs to our contributors."

Collecting the trophy for outstanding informational series or special, an emotional Remini also thanked many people who supported her and worked on the show. She thanked her mother, Vicki, saying "for years, she wished she could be in this audience and see her daughter win an Emmy, and she's here tonight," then shrugging, she added "and getting us into a cult."

The series examines Scientology through the experiences of former members of the Church, including her own. Explained Remini in THR’s recent Reality TV Roundtable: "This is about showing the actual practices dictated by this policy of Scientology that demands for people to be destroyed. That's what we're talking about. You can believe in whatever you want to believe in. You want to be a scientologist? That's great, but don't deny these are the practices of it that are hurting people."

The Church of Scientology has challenged the series' credibility.

Source: http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/ne...logy-aftermath-win-brave-contributors-1036482
    • Like Like x 2
  9. TrevAnon Member

https://rutube.ru/video/d0a0e714b4805de37ba3334991326b78/?ref=search
    • Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 2
  10. VIDEO: Leah Remini (Scientology and the Aftermath) 2017 Emmy Awards Press Room Winner Interview.

• Like Like x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  11. ET Online - EXCLUSIVE: Leah Remini Breaks Down Crying After Emotional Emmys Speech About Scientology

http://www.etonline.com/exclusive-leah-remini-breaks-down-crying-after-emotional-emmys-speech-about-scientology-86947

* * * * * BEGIN EXCERPT * * * * *

Leah Remini took home the Emmy for Outstanding Informational Series for her A&E docu-series Leah Remini: Scientology and the Aftermath over the weekend, and the actress was brought to tears by the emotional win.

ET's Courtney Tezeno caught up with Remini backstage at the Creative Arts Emmys on Saturday after her emotional speech where she and her Scientology and the Aftermath co-presenter Mike Rinder opened up on what the win meant for them.

"We're very grateful and emotional," Remini said, wiping away tears as she smiled.

"[We're] appreciative of everybody that has supported this show and all the people that were willing to stand up and speak," added Rinder who, like Remini, is also a former member of Scientology who left the church and has frequently spoken out against it.

During her acceptance speech, Remini got emotional as she dedicated the win to the "brave contributors who [worked on the series] despite ongoing risk and repercussions."

"It's not an easy job, but they were the ones putting their stories out there for everyone to hear. And we are honored to be the vessel to tell these stories," she explained. "It's about doing the right thing. This doesn't belong to me, it belongs to our contributors."

When ET spoke with Remini and Rinder on the red carpet, the pair echoed those sentiments, sharing, "For our contributors it's amazing [to be nominated]. They are here tonight with us as our guests and we couldn't be more honored to be their voice. To be able for them to tell their stories through us is a humbling experience."

"It's really wonderful for people who have had no voice to now be given a voice by Leah and this show, and to have the world experience what they experienced is very important," Rinder added. "We hope that by doing that, it's going to prevent the suffering that some of these people have been through from other people having to experience the same thing."

* * * * * END EXCERPT * * * * *
  12. TrevAnon Member

13. The Wrong Guy Member

HURRICANE LEAH: ‘The defenses are crumbling. Scientology in Los Angeles is dying.’

By Tony Ortega, September 11, 2017

Quote:

We’re still marveling at the juxtaposition — that the same weekend Leah Remini took home an Emmy award for her A&E series Scientology and the Aftermath, a major hurricane was barreling down on the Flag Land Base in Clearwater, Florida.

Talk about the scene of an accident. But with a busted ankle, Operating Thetan 7 Big Being Tom Cruise was in no shape to come to Flag’s rescue, even though he has a new condo penthouse that got bull’s-eyed by the storm.

Now, cheekiness aside, we’re bringing this up because Scientologists actually take this stuff pretty seriously. And the combination of devastating hits being taken by the church must be leaving a mark, right?

We decided to contact our trusty Hollywood Celebrity Centre source, who counts a large number of Los Angeles OT 8s as friends. With Cruise proving to be all too human (rather than homo novis), and with Leah Remini’s show winning an Emmy, and with the Flag Land Base and its OT 8s unable to postulate Hurricane Irma out of the way, is any of this stuff getting through to rank-and-file OTs? Or are they so well conditioned to ignore the news, they have no idea what’s going on?

Our man in Hollywood surprised us with his response. Usually, he tells us that his OT 8 friends are completely impervious to “entheta,” and ignore all of Scientology’s bad press. But this time, he says, that’s not the case.

“The defenses are crumbling,” he says. “Scientology in Los Angeles is dying.”

He agreed with our recent assessment that Scientology leader David Miscavige’s response to Remini’s show has been over the top, and the OTs have noticed.

“After decades of observing both celebrity and non-celebrity members, I see all the true believers panicking. This morning I was struck by the thought that 30 years ago, we were sure we were going to save the planet, all of us OTs, and in particular OT 8s. Where are we now? Dead, sick, or out. And Hollywood has spoken: Leah’s win Saturday night ensures that the biggest concentration of Scientologists in the world will continue to shrink rapidly, and none to soon,” he says.

As in the past, Miscavige appears to be making things even worse with some bad decisions about how to retaliate against Remini. And “retaliate” is the right word, because Miscavige must retaliate as per the instructions of Scientology founder L. Ron Hubbard. Never defend, always attack. But Miscavige has a particular talent for seeking revenge in ways that backfire.

Eight years ago, Miscavige turned Scientology’s propaganda organ, Freedom magazine, into such a crazy attack dog against recent top executive defectors like Marty Rathbun and Mike Rinder, it backfired spectacularly as Scientologists, confused by the magazine’s ludicrous attacks, went online looking for real information about what was happening. We’ve talked to many former Scientologists who date their disaffection to reading those bizarre, cartoonish issues of Freedom.

Now, Miscavage is taking a similar risk with the way he’s having individual Scientologists help him return fire on Remini. Usually, Scientologists are under strict orders to ignore “entheta” — negative press — and they’re very good at it because they know that if they dare to look at what’s being said about the church, they may be turned in for it (often by their own family members) and then have to spend thousands of dollars for the privilege of undergoing brutal interrogations about their misdeeds.

But in this case Miscavige is asking members, in a coordinated campaign, to write letters to A&E’s advertisers to complain about Remini’s show. The church has also encouraged members to sign a petition demanding the cancellation of the show in which they are asked to express their reasons why the show should be off the air.

Miscavige is playing with fire in both campaigns. In order to write letters of complaint or to sign a petition, these members are being made aware of Remini’s show and what it’s all about.

Our man in Hollywood’s observation is only the latest in what we’ve seen as a trend — that Scientology in Los Angeles is seriously hurting, and that Miscavige seems to be placing more emphasis on the Flag Land Base in Clearwater. Not only was the Flag Building opened there in 2013 to deliver “Super Power,” but there are more plans to expand there with the L. Ron Hubbard Hall. Cruise is moving into his penthouse at some point, and recent news came from Tracey McManus that John Travolta also appears to be buying property there.

Now, keep in mind, for all of Scientology’s nonsense about “expansion” with its unneeded Ideal Orgs in places like Auckland and Bogotá, all evidence suggests that Scientology is actually shrinking fast. Instead of the millions of members that the church has always claimed, the real number has been in the tens of thousands. Last year, we heard from Paul Burkhart, a high-level executive who defected in 2013 and who had daily access to Scientology enrollment figures around the world. He told us that there were fewer than 20,000 active church members on the planet.

And now there’s a new defector, Peter Nyiri, who worked at the Flag Land Base and on the cruise ship Freewinds. He got out just a few months ago, after a daring escape, and he told us that while he was in he had access to Flag’s enrollment documents. The total number of all Scientologists on file at Flag — and that includes everyone who has ever enrolled there, since the base was founded in 1975 — was 70,000, he said. When we asked him if Burkhart’s number of fewer than 20,000 current active members sounded right to him, Nyiri told us that it did.

But Paul Burkhart and Peter Nyiri aren’t the only ones who know the true state of Scientology’s participation figures. David Miscavige knows them quite well himself. And that’s why, we think, he’s realized that the church is nearing a day of reckoning, and he’s concentrating resources in Clearwater.

Continued at https://tonyortega.org/2017/09/11/h...rumbling-scientology-in-los-angeles-is-dying/
    • Like Like x 2
  14. Quentinanon Member

In accordance with this trend, Miscavige may move some of the Gold Base dupes crew to the Clearwater area and put it up for sale. The rest would get shipped to the former public television studio KCET in Hollywood. The politics in California tends to be "too liberal" for scientology, so Florida conservative culture may be more tolerable to the cult.
  15. Quentinanon Member

Mike Rinder, former scientology oppressor and spokeshole lies again.
    Most of these people wrote and published books many years ago on their experiences in the abusive organization that Rinder greatly contributed to. All, who wrote books, were interviewed extensively by other journalists prior to this series.

When ET spoke with Remini and Rinder on the red carpet, the pair echoed those sentiments, sharing, "For our contributors it's amazing [to be nominated]. They are here tonight with us as our guests and we couldn't be more honored to be their voice. To be able for them to tell their stories through us is a humbling experience."
    "It's really wonderful for people who have had no voice to now be given a voice by Leah and this show, and to have the world experience what they experienced is very important," Rinder added. "We hope that by doing that, it's going to prevent the suffering that some of these people have been through from other people having to experience the same thing."

Mike Rinder, narcissistic, lying piece of crap.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1

16. Are you jealous or something?

Just wait till you hear all the nasty, horrible things we say about you when you have your own Emmy award-winning documentary TV series that exposes the evils of Scientology. Go get 'em, tiger. We're all waiting for you and Mark Bunker.
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  17. Quentinanon Member

The issue is Mike Rinder lying about facts. And he did that repeatedly as a scientology enforcer.
    In this case to boost his own image.
    Lying liar lies.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  18. Episode 1 of Season 2 featured entirely new stories from 2 people speaking for the first time. Lauren Haggis spoke out for the first time. I am not going to go through the series for every new story and new person who spoke out for the first time but there are more. You haven't even seen all of season 2 yet because it hasn't aired.

Getting interviewed extensively by journalists doesn't give you a huge voice. It gives the journalist a story to write that maybe gets a few thousand readers. Maybe a few more for something like The Truth Rundown, maybe a lot less for localized stories with fewer players, like a Narconon death.

Going on Leah's show actually gives them a huge voice, reaching hundreds of thousands of people or more. You are refusing to give him any wiggle room here in the interpretation of his statements that you would give to any other person. What if many of the participants who had previously been interviewed by journalists have also told Rinder that this show makes them feel like they had a voice they did not have with the journalists' stories? You're not part of those discussions or conversations between the people on the show, and how they feel about it. You're on the outside, looking in, and making judgments based on incomplete information.

All I see is a guy on an anti-Scientology forum sounding jealous and washed up because another guy accepts a well-deserved award for doing amazing work against Scientology.
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  19. Is Mike Rinder a lying sack of shit if someone says his show gave Clarissa Huber Adams a voice, for a story that she took to Tony Ortega?

‘Leah Remini’ show prompting more ‘ranch kids’ to come forward with agonizing family drama
    https://tonyortega.org/2017/09/08/l...-to-come-forward-with-agonizing-family-drama/

Is it fair to say that Clarissa Adams' story would not have been told without Leah's show?

Is Mike Rinder a narcissistic dirt bag if he takes some credit for inspiring the telling of this story from Clarissa Adams?

Get over your haterade, man. Mike Rinder and the show are giving people a voice, and he wasn't lying when he said it.

(One of my captchas for this post was "Otto," like Odo...)
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  20. Quentinanon Member

Leah Remini started this documentary series and could have done it without former scientology enforcer and liar, Mike Rinder.
    It's not "his show". Leah and the producers have primary responsibility for the content.
    And from the position of oppression he held in the scientology crime syndicate for many years, to use your words, Mike Rinder is a narcissistic dirt bag.
    Looks like Mike Rinder is working frantically to boost his public image.
    The response from "corporate" took just 4 minutes after my first posting and repeatedly focused on defending former scientology enforcer and liar Mike Rinder in the style of OSA Network Orders.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  21. You're paranoid. I called it "his show" in a collective sense, as all of the participants can take some ownership of the show, since they all participate in its creation. As he is one of the major participants, he can claim a greater sense of ownership.

IDK where you're getting this OSA business. I have been using this forum since before 2010. I like Mike Rinder, and I don't like it when someone calls a perfectly defensible statement of his a lie, and use that as a basis for smearing him as a narcissist. If I move rapidly to his defense, it just shows that I respect his contribution to the anti-Scientology movement more than I do yours. Are you jealous of him?
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  22. Quentinanon Member

Always attack, never defend, right, "corporate"?
    I really think Leah Remini owns the show no matter how much OSA Network Order spin you want to put on it.
    Mike Rinder and his former cohort in oppression and lies, Mark Rathbun, are negative examples of human beings, like Goering, Himmler, and Heydrich.
    The world was worsened because of them. Only a person fooled by their lies or minimizing their evil acts would consider them deserving any respect. Rinder fooled me for a while with his lies, too. No more.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  23. I was pretty sure that bringing up the examples of people who actually were speaking out for the first time was a defense of his statement, and not an attack on you.

Same for bringing up Clarissa Adams. She spoke up because of the show.

Those are defenses of his statement that people who had no voice are getting a voice because of the show.

You attacked him saying that all of the shows participants have been interviewed extensively by the media - when that was attack was based on a false premise, as my evidence so clearly shows.

I brought up those examples to defend Rinder and directly contradict your attack on him.
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  24. Quentinanon Member

Hey, "corporate", most people on the program were interviewed by other journalists with the exception of a couple at the beginning of the second season. I am glad Leah, who started and owns the documentary series, found others who were not interviewed before. But, you knew that, yet you defended washed-up scientology enforcer and liar Mike Rinder's continued lying about facts.

"corporate"/failboat = online reputation management for former scientology enforcer and liar Mike Rinder

4:45 pm original post from Quentinanon
    4:49 pm response from unregistered user corporate
    5:07 pm response from Quentinanon
    5:23 pm response from unregistered user corporate
    5:36 pm response from unregistered user corporate
    5:55 pm response from Quentinanon
    6:06 pm response from unregistered user corporate
    6:41 pm response from Quentinanon
    6:56 pm response from unregistered user corporate
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  25. failboat Member

I am corporate. Your quote was, "All were interviewed extensively by other journalists prior to this series. "

And you need to chill the fuck out.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  26. Quentinanon Member

All who wrote books.
    I really think you ought to stop defending a former scientology enforcer and liar.
    Suggest you take your own medicine and "chill the fuck out".
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  27. You're calling him a liar for saying that the show is giving people who had no voice a voice.

You premise that based on the idea that all of the people on the show WHO WROTE BOOKS were interviewed by media.

You had a faulty premise, because Mike Rinder's statement was true, and your statement was the false one.

The show in which he is a major participant actually has given people a voice who had none previously. I am not going to go find them all, and I am sure there will be more to come as the show inspires others to speak.

You should stop attacking this guy, because it seems to me that you're the one who is consumed with attacking Mike Rinder, the Emmy-award winning anti-Scientologist, just like OSA should be.
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  28. Quentinanon Member

Leah Remini was awarded an Emmy for her documentary series, not former scientology enforcer and liar Mike Rinder.
    Mike Rinder continues to lie to enhance his disreputable past. No thank you.
    Rinder's lies will continue to get exposed.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  29. You can keep on exposing other lies if you find them.

I am just telling you that his statement regarding this particular show, that it is giving people a voice who had none, is not a lie.

You can't seem to grasp or comprehend the idea that you made an incorrect statement by saying that he lied when he said that. He didn't. The show has given people voice who had no voice previously. I can keep finding examples for you.

The three women who alleged rapes against Danny Masterson also spoke out for the first time because of the show, and they did right after Season 1 finished airing.

You can make this easy on yourself and recant your statement any time. I won't argue with you if you find another instance of his lying that is indisputable. I'd welcome you to post it. However, this one is one that I think you will have trouble continuing to back as I find more and more examples of people speaking out for the first time as a result of the show.