Customize

[LEGAL] [RUSSIA] prosecution wants the closure of a Scientology centre in Siberia

Discussion in 'Leaks & Legal' started by Amnon Nhymous, Jul 4, 2008.

1. Amnon Nhymous Member

[LEGAL] [RUSSIA] prosecution wants the closure of a Scientology centre in Siberia

Below is the goggle translation of this french article :

I couldn't find any reference to this news neither on AP site or Interfax.
    Even worse: typing "Scientology" in their search engines do not give ANY result...
  2. Hieronymous Member

Re: [LEGAL] [RUSSIA] prosecution wants the closure of a Scientology centre in Siberia

Damn, I'd hate to see the RPF in Siberia
  3. GrogStat Member

Re: [LEGAL] [RUSSIA] prosecution wants the closure of a Scientology centre in Siberia

Try & get away from scientology in Siberia.
  4. Amnon Nhymous Member

Criminon Russia: lets try Siberian labour camps to solve crime problems!
    An old story... (BTW, did u know the labour camps preexisted the soviet: Tzars used them extensively too...)
  5. Zigma Member

Hats off to the Russians that is why I go there every year.
  6. twistedpuppet Member

d00d! That is the RPF! It's fucking Siberia! Russia used to use it to throw away criminals and undesirables.
  7. Re: [LEGAL] [RUSSIA] prosecution wants the closure of a Scientology centre in Siberia

I found an article on Gazeta.ru: here

I don't speak Russian, but the headline is "Прокуратура просит суд закрыть сайентологический центр в Новосибирске" or "Office of Public Prosecutor asks court to close Scientology center in Novosibirsk".

It's the only article I can find by searching Google News Russia for 'Саентология Новосибирск' ('scientology novosibirsk').

Any rusfags out there?
  8. Anne Ominous Member

Rusfags - keep an eye on this situation. A well-aimed harpoon (or a fucking barrage of them) could point the Public Prosecutor in the right direction to help him get it closed.
  9. Zak McKracken Member

While Eu/US/Azn anons might agree that CoS is grossly violating the law,
    the Rus seem to have different ideas about what constitutes
    "gross violation". Unless we can get a better translation,
    this doesn't sound like the sort of win I'd feel very proud supporting.
    :mad:
  10. Re: [LEGAL] [RUSSIA] prosecution wants the closure of a Scientology centre in Siberia

From using online translation programs, it looks like the prosecutor is basically arguing that Kriminon-Novosibirsk is unauthorized to carry out educational activities without the proper license. The article also says something like this (my attempted translation): "Academic psychology considers this program to be antiscientific, dangerous to individuals' mental health, and morally unacceptable, says the prosecutor's office."
  11. Zhent Member

:awesome:
  12. QAnon Member

Guys, this isn't the middle of nowhere. Novosibirsk is a pretty big industrial city that, like most industrial cities in Russia, has fallen on hard times. Perfect place for the Scilons to put Criminon, especially since the Church itself isn't given an easy time by the Russians.

BTW: What's the status of Narconon in Russia? Last thing I read, the Russians weren't allowing them in to do that, despite the Russian predilections for substance abuse and saunas.
  13. Re: [LEGAL] [RUSSIA] prosecution wants the closure of a Scientology centre in Siberia

No time for bad translation right now, but Russian Wikipedia has a Narconon article: Нарконон — Википедия
  14. anon5712 Member

Translation of gazeta.ru post below

15. AnonymIceland Member

Do you know who represents Novosibrisk in the Duma(Russian Parliment)?

This man right here:

[IMG]

The CoS doesn't stand a chance against The Experiment if he chooses to oppose them. A living legend, the best Greco-Roman wrestler of all time, and a national hero.
  16. QAnon Member

Okay, Rusfags, if you're out there, get dox to Karelin stat. This guy, we need on our side.
  17. AnonMSW Member

What replaced the GRU when Russia changed over to its present form? Surely there must be something left of the KGB to out these people to.
  18. QAnon Member

The GRU is still military intelligence, like it always was. The KGB was split into foreign intelligence, the SVR, and domestic intelligence, the FSB. The latter would be who you're looking for.
  19. Re: [LEGAL] [RUSSIA] prosecution wants the closure of a Scientology centre in Siberia

There's a new article up on Fedpress.ru, something like "Prosecutor's office (seeks to?) eliminate(s) Scientology in Novosibirsk". The article is here.

Here is a machine translation courtesy of Google Translate:

20. Amnon Nhymous Member

lol