Customize

Libya

Discussion in 'Freedom of Expression' started by mojo, Feb 12, 2011.

1. Anonymous Member

Well played.
    • Like Like x 1
  2. TragedyTown Member

Just read this.

Source (Reuters): Libya's rebel spokesman says that the pro-Gaddafi blockade of the Misrata port has ended and there are ships delivering aid and evacuating the wounded.
    Glad to read this, Alhamdullelah. <3

And now I can understand better why I needn't look to any Gaddafi women for support, whether it's against their father or speaking out against human rights violations in Libya. Evidently, blood support is precious within the clan.
    http://www1.albawaba.com/gaddafi-using-sexy-daughter-aisha-against-libyas-rebels
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Anonymous Member

^^ good news.
    NATO did attack three kadaffi navy vessels in the port.
    • Like Like x 2
  4. Anonymous Member

Now some bad news.
    The rebels have pulled out of brega and are retreating east.
    Most of the gains that the rebels made have been lost.
    What I don't understand is that any of kadaffis troops that try to leave built up areas are attacked.
    So kadaffis forces are limited in what they can do offensively.
    (Tinfoil) this may be a ploy by the interim council to force NATO for the arms and training they asked for yesterday.
  5. Anonymous Member

My above post ignore the Tinfoil.
    The rebels are in full retreat many and fleeing to bengasi.
    Kadaffis troops are moving forward.
    But rebels have captured the port of Misrata.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. TragedyTown Member

BBC news, 1955 (Blogpost) : Libyan foreign minister Mousa Koussa has apparently flown to London after a two-day visit to Tunisia, AP reports, citing Tunisia's official TAP new agency. In spite of being Gaddafi's Foreign Intelligence Director, Mousa Koussa is not on the international travel-ban list.

AJE Live Blog: Libyan Foreign Minister Mousa Koussa has defected. Confirmed news that he has reached London and has been seen at the Heathrow Airport. The British aren't letting him in.
  7. Rockyj Member

Gaddafi's regime are animals!I hope all of them are handed directly over to the Libyan Revolutionaries!

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...addafi-loyalists/story-e6frg6so-1226030544640
    • Like Like x 2
  8. TragedyTown Member

• Like Like x 3
  9. TragedyTown Member

News from a friend on the other forum, quoting his Libyan sources: Libyan revolutionaries are holding the town of Brega, moving towards Ajdabiya for reinforcements - their spokesmen say they will make sure Brega is in total control before moving on towards Uqawla in the west.

Also, this might be a deal-maker...something good. Not a secret now, but been reading it a lot on the other forum.

Reuters Breaking News : President Obama has signed a ''secret'' order authorizing covert U.S. government support for Libyan freedom fighters officials tell Reuters.
    http://www.reuters.com/article/2011...d=twtr-reuters_TopNews&WT.z_smid_dest=Twitter
    • Like Like x 2
  10. Rockyj Member

YES BASTARDS! Tragedy Town, you're truly a good soul for wanting them to face human rights violations from the Hague, as I would want worse & I am not even there to REALLY know. I am humbled.
    http://www.hrw.org/en/news/2011/03/30/libya-least-370-missing-countrys-east
  11. Anonymous Member

There has been two airstrikes outside of ajdabiya,i have heard the town is deserted.
    There have been liason officers in bengasi for some weeks,since the NFZ began.
  12. Anonymous Member

Latest video from misrata.
  13. lulzgasm Member

http://www.cnbc.com/id/42308613
    Libyan Rebels Form Their Own Central Bank

Man those Bankstas move fast...

"Is this the first time a revolutionary group has created a central bank while it is still in the midst of fighting the entrenched political power? It certainly seems to indicate how extraordinarily powerful central bankers have become in our era.
    Robert Wenzel of Economic Policy Journal thinks the central banking initiative reveals that foreign powers may have a strong influence over the rebels."
  14. TragedyTown Member

As are you, @Rocky. <3 In many ways, much more a good soul than I am because your heart is in this as much as mine is, regardless of where we are from. And I am extremely happy that such people with a fierce spirit and a good heart as yourself are fighting on the side of justice and freedom.
    And I agree 100% with your words on wanting more than a Hague tribunal, you are right...there are worse fates awaiting Gaddafi. I wish. I so wish.
  15. TragedyTown Member

I
    My apologies to you, I meant Rockyj.
  16. Anonymous Member

• Like Like x 2
  17. TragedyTown Member

BBC post 1333 :
    The Libyan authorities must end their campaign to discredit Eman al-Obeidi, says Amnesty International, after the government said she was being sued by the security officials who she says raped her: "It is simply outrageous that Eman al-Obeidi is now being targeted by the very officials whom she has accused, with the a...pparent approval of the Libyan authorities. This looks to be nothing but an attempt at face-saving by the government. Instead of carrying out this smear campaign, they should release her and independently investigate her allegations. Eman al-Obeidi has effectively disappeared. We fear that she is being detained and put under pressure to withdraw her allegations."
    Please pray for Ms.Eman Al-Obaidi now. She is in need of this and so much more support. There are terrible alternatives where she is being detained that could be carried out for her and for her sake, we should pray that somehow she is kept safe from any more harm and humiliation...and safe from the likely possibility of death. She deserves to live. Please pray for her. Just a few words...please.

Alternatively, you could sign this:
    http://www.avaaz.org/en/free_iman_al_obeidi/?rc=fb
    It doesn't matter where you're from, your signature will certainly count. I thank you for your support.

BBC Post, 1340 :
    Coalition forces have bombed pro-Gaddafi forces near Brega, and they have been pushed back to the village of Bishr, west of the city, BBC Monitoring reports, quoting privately-owned online newspaper Libya al-Yawm. "Brega: Alliance forces bomb the hardware of Gaddafi's brigades near the village of al-Urqub to the south of Brega... Brega: Gaddafi brigades driven back to the area of the village of Bishr west of Brega," the paper said.

• Like Like x 1
  18. TragedyTown Member

I don't abuse women. But I don't think she is worthy of being called a woman. And I so dearly wish she was in Eman's place instead.

But this bitch on Libyan State TV who goes by the name of Hala Misrati and spews vitriol about Eman. I f***ing hate this bitch.

If you don't already know who she is, please watch this and pray to the high heavens she gets a dose of her own bloody medicine soon enough:

http://egyptianchronicles.blogspot.com/
  19. Anonymous Member

^^ that's good news.
    Although I knew that as kadaffis forces pushed up the highway they would make an easy Target got NATO.
  20. Rockyj Member

HUMAN RIGHTS WATCH:
    http://www.hrw.org/node/97633

Also on the National Sexual Violence Resource Center
    http://www.nsvrc.org/news/3866
    • Like Like x 2
  21. Anonymous Member

Excellent. Now that there is a confirmed rape case, rather than only suspected rape cases, I can tell my political opponents that the men they are supporting are rapists.
    • Like Like x 3
  22. Rockyj Member

Please forward petiton!

https://secure.avaaz.org/en/free_iman_al_obeidi/?r=act
    • Like Like x 1
  23. Anonymous Member

24. Rockyj Member

• Like Like x 2
  25. lulzgasm Member

• Like Like x 1
  26. Mitsu Too Member

• Like Like x 1
  27. Anonymous Member

13 rebels were killed by mistake in a NATO airstrike just outside of brega when there convoy was hit including an ambulance.
    Kadaffis soldiers/mercs have been using the same type of vehicles as the rebels making it hard for nato to tell the difference.
    What amazed me was the rebels were sad and angry but said they forgave the pilots.
    • Like Like x 1
  28. Anonymous Member

I heard this on the radio: the rebels said keep bombing, just aim better next time. Desperate people are desperate.
    • Like Like x 1
  29. anonsoldier Member

We need to get the rebels some IR strobes to start marking their vehicles with. They're cheap as fuck to make, are easy to assemble, run off a 9v battery for a long time, and can be seen at incredible distance through night vision devices. Send a few boxes along with a crate of 9v batteries and you've got a cheap but effective Blue Force marking system.
    • Like Like x 3
  30. lulzgasm Member

I like the way you think.
  31. TragedyTown Member

Lots of defections from the pro-Gaddafi side, revolutionaries getting stronger with added defections (none on their side.)
    Will post as and when

Also, if any of you could do so, it would be great if you or your friends could possibly write to your country's government or certain representatives and ask them to formally recognize the Libyan TNC as the sole representative of the Libyan people now.
    Just a small suggestion since this has been repeatedly asked for by some Libyan TNC sources and the list of countries that have followed through with this recognition so far are as follows:-
    Qatar, France, Italy, Kuwait, Maldives and Portugal.

Reports from sources to friends on the other forum: the TNC have a representative in each Libyan city, but for security purposes their names are being kept secret right now.

Also read this post today:
    Wefaq Media: NATO destroyed a T-72 Tank that was shelling civilian homes in Misrata. :)

The Guardian: The British government is supplying telecommunications equipment to Libyan Transitional National Council (TNC).
    Thank you, Britain. :)

And for Ms.Eman...I don't know what to make of this news, but I think we all should keep praying for her safety after this... :(

Twitter NicRobertsonCNN Nic Robertson
    #EmanAlObeidi tried to see journalists yesterday. She told CNN’s Khalil Abdallah by phone she got as far as hotel before being detained in taxi.
    #Eman tells CNN that govt security took her, beat her some & then took her to detention place where questioned & later released.
    #Eman's father says still hasn't heard frm her for 5 days, despite what's believed to be her conversations w/media now
    #Eman's supposed "lawyer" told @hadeelalsh of AP Eman doesn't want to talk to us, she's comfortable, safe & living w/sis

May Allah be with Eman...and ensure she is safe from harm. :'(
    • Like Like x 2
  32. Rockyj Member

Have you posted this on twitter?

BTW Heard yesterday & today that Gaddafi's Sons are selling out their Dad & want to be the NEW Libyan dictators! Libyan revolutionaries aren't buying it!
    • Like Like x 1
  33. Rockyj Member

Not sure why this would even be confusing given the source.
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/04/04/iman-alobeidi-libya-woman_n_844727.html

Anderson Cooper reporting on her now! Looks like she's still alive!
    He has her phone interview RIGHT NOW!
    What she went through is beyond anyone can imagine!
    They VETTED her & believe its really her though she is not on camera & ONLY By PHONE!

BTW:
    MALE MYTH: Women lie ALL THE TIME about RAPE!
    TRUTH: Women DO NOT LIE about rape & sadly seldom REPORT it because of society's attitudes towards rape that the woman MUST HAVE DONE something to deserve it!
    TRUTH: This MYTH is alive & well in OUR so-called civilized WESTERN society's!
    TRUTH: I couldn't imagine what it must be like for women in many Middle Eastern countries!
    • Like Like x 4
  34. Anonymous Member

From what i have heard she is under house arrest in tripoli,i also heard she is being mistreated by the guards but i can't confirm it.
  35. Rockyj Member

RE: Gaddafi's Sons! TRUE Libyan's are saying &quot;We don't want BIG or SMALL Gaddafi's!&quot;
    Libya.jpg
    http://news.antiwar.com/2011/04/04/gadhafis-sons-have-eye-on-seizing-power/?utm_source=twitterfeed&amp;utm_medium=twitter&amp;utm_campaign=Feed: AntiwarNews (News From Antiwar.com)

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...ap-of-how-the-protests-unfolded-in-libya.html
    • Like Like x 2
  36. lulzgasm Member

37. Clever Name Member

CNN: Alleged rape victim in Libya: 'My life is in danger'

Eman al-Obeidy, the woman who burst into a Tripoli hotel to tell journalists she was beaten and raped by forces loyal to Libyan leader Moammar Gadhafi last month, is no longer in custody but says she still fears for her life.

In two telephone interviews with CNN's "AC360," al-Obeidy spoke about her alleged abuse. At times in tears, at other times defiant, she recalled men pouring alcohol into her eyes and repeatedly using rifles to sodomize her. Al-Obeidy said has since been stopped trying to leave Libya and that she has nightmares.

"My life is in danger, and I call on all human rights organization ... to expose the truth and to let me leave now. I am being held hostage here," she said. "They have threatened me with death and told me I will never leave prison again, if I go to the journalists or tell them anything about what's happening in Tripoli."

Al-Obeidy said she spent 72 hours under interrogation after being dragged away from the Tripoli hotel where she tried to tell journalists about her alleged abuse.

Interrogators poured water on her face and threw food at her during the relentless questioning, which ended only after she was examined by a doctor to prove she had been raped, al-Obeidy said. "And when the test came, it verified that I was raped and tortured ... then I was freed."
    • Like Like x 1
  38. Anonymous Member

Kadaffi had his chance at a ceasefire and blow it by shelling Misrata.
    Britain is sending more fighters into the theatre.
    So that rules out any talks.
    Britain and france are very determined to see this to the end.
    • Like Like x 4
  39. lulzgasm Member

Rapists are inhuman monsters.
    • Like Like x 2
  40. anonsoldier Member

I do not have a twitter account, either for Anon or my real ID. Please feel free to use this information yourself. The item is known as a Phoenix (or Phoenix Jr.) IR strobe. It is restricted to purchase by military and law enforcement individuals and is likely subject to any number of restrictions. However, it is something that people can use in letters to govt officials as ways we can support the resistance movement without supplying them weapons.
    • Like Like x 1