Customize

Life Force Arts & Technology Academy management BLASTED by parents & staff

Discussion in 'Media' started by another123, Mar 24, 2012.

1. Karma is a bitch and it is coming for them....
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. anon walker Moderator

I hope you're right!
  3. My kids were also students at this school and were students when they were located on Sunset Point. These people also failed my kids (as much as I did by not following my gut instinct). I have been following the stories and links associated with this school and cannot believe how the wool was pulled over the school and the board members eyes. My oldest child fortunately has not had any set backs or problems from attending this school, however my youngest will most likely be held back next year because of what he didnt learn. Frustrated, pissed, letdown...I could go on forever on how I feel. I hope you guys get the information needed to put Hasan and the others away!
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. Xenu Is Lord Member

I am glad to hear that for the most part your kids are ok. As far as us putting people away, the truth is you are far better suited to do that. You and your family are the direct victims and therefor have cause to make the most out of it. All we can do is send, emails, make calls, Etc and far to often it is after the damage is done. I can think of no one better suited that a parent to start a website warning others. I would like to see a national database for mass emails to School Districts, PTA's, and Departments of Education, want a job?
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Anonymous Member

Report%2BMissing%2BSock.jpg

^^^
    ^^^
    reported
  6. anon walker Moderator

Someone here might be willing to help with such a website. I do content, but since my desktop machine did a BASE jump off the desk (chute didn't open) I'm kind of limited to writing at the moment.
    • Like Like x 2
  7. BigBeard Member

Have any local or state charges related to "misappropriation of funds" been filed against these scam artists yet??

If not, why not???

BigBeard
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Thats what I am wondering too. When I first realized something "funny" was going on I pulled my sons teacher aside and asked her what was going on and more than once she reassured me that Hanan and her crew were just there to assist the school in getting things back on track. Now Im sure that same teacher is kicking herself in the ass for being more concerned about her job then the future of her students.
  9. Things are in the works....people need to contact fl. state rep. corcoran's office and ask for a full investigation by the attorney general's office of the school's finances for the past two years.If enough people call then the rep. has to ask for a forensic accounting of the monies.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. You could help the cause by calling florida state rep.corcoran's office and tell them that you want to make a complaint against the school and the management company. Explain how your children were failed and ask for a full accounting of the money and the management company by the state. The more people whose children were there calling will bring the DOE, Pinellas County and others into action. There have been about five of parents who have called but we need more parents and citizens to call and let them know we are unhappy. There is a class action lawsuit being formed by parents as well and every parent needs to be signed on to that too.
    • Like Like x 2
  11. RightOn Member

SPREAD LIKE WILD FIRE
  12. Xenu Is Lord Member

Please post the contact info
  13. Xenu Is Lord Member

Same for you.
  14. anon walker Moderator

Pholks, if you who know this issue well wish to launch a petition go to change.org and DO IT.
    • Like Like x 1
  15. DeathHamster Member

16. RightOn Member

yes sir! right away sir!
    state rep. corcoran

[IMG]
    • Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
  17. RightOn Member

not to derail...
    but I liked this letter I found
    letter to the Editor of the SP Times from 2003 from Anne Epling who noticed Scientology's 70th Anninversary event and how it was in such sharp contrast againt the local Presbyterian church at the other corner. how does this email matter you may ask?
    FYI Cococoran is listed as a Presbyterian on the state site.
    MODS if you think it is too much of a derail and doesn't apply, you can baleete it. I liked the what it showed.

Subject: SPT: Scientologists and Presbyterians
    Message-ID: <2AgX9.1609$gU.594976@news2.voicenet.com>
    Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2003 18:46:22 GMT
    Letters to the Editor
    St. Petersburg Times
    January 21, 2003
    http://www.sptimes.com/2003/01/21/NorthPinellas/Before_developing__re.shtml
    Presbyterians helped the homeless
    Re: Scientology's 70th anniversary celebration for the Fort Harrison Hotel. I could not help but notice the contrast in happenings on the corners of Pierce Street and S Fort Harrison Avenue in Clearwater on Saturday night.
    On one side there were red carpets and stretch limos, thousands of twinkling lights, beautiful flowers and potted palms, brilliant spotlights illuminating a tall building and a street blocked off for valet parking.
    On the other corner, at Peace Memorial Presbyterian Church, a group of dedicated men and women fixed and served a hot meal and provided warm overnight shelter for more than 150 homeless people on a very cold night.
    True Christianity is alive and working in downtown Clearwater.
    -- Anne C. Epling, Clearwater "
    http://www.holysmoke.org/cos/cult-v-presbyterians-cw.htm
    • Like Like x 4
  18. Anonymous Member

FCAT scores at Pinellas charter school that used Scientology 'study tech' are among lowest in Tampa Bay

By Drew Harwell, Times Staff Writer

DUNEDIN — When Hanan Islam and her management company took control of the struggling Life Force Arts and Technology charter school here last summer, she passed out lesson plans based on the work of Church of Scientology founder L. Ron Hubbard.

She said Hubbard's "study technology" would enlighten children and help save the school.

But grades from Florida's standardized FCAT test released Thursday show that, in one year under Islam's management, Life Force students' education suffered.

Life Force's third- and fourth-graders scored the lowest or second-lowest passing rates in math, reading and writing of more than 300 elementary schools across Tampa Bay.

"It's a classic case of how a management company mismanaged this school, was paid an extraordinarily large fee for dismal services, and the ultimate victims were those poor children," said Dot Clark, the Pinellas County school district's coordinator of partnership schools.

Islam's company, Clark added, "promised the world and gave them nothing ... It breaks my heart."

Third-graders took a more difficult test this year than last, resulting in lower average scores statewide. But even adjusting for the different standards, Life Force's FCAT math and reading scores worsened year-to-year.

Only one of 14 third-graders at Life Force passed this year's reading test. Eight students scored in the lowest achievement level, leaving them at high risk of being held back. None of the third-graders passed math.

Life Force fourth-graders fared just as poorly. Only five of 17 students passed the writing test. Last year, all of Life Force's 12 fourth-graders passed the writing portion.

Life Force third-graders had Tampa Bay's second lowest passing rate, with only Pepin Elementary, a Tampa charter school for children with learning disabilities, scoring lower.

Life Force fourth-graders had Tampa Bay's lowest passing rate by far. The second lowest, from students in Pinellas' dropout prevention program, was 13 percent higher.

More here: http://www.tampabay.com/news/educat...hool-that-used-scientology-study-tech/1232114
    • Informative Informative x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. anon walker Moderator

That is so tragic for the kids. They make public schools look good, and that is saying something these days.
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  20. muldrake Member

It's pathetic that incompetent cultists are allowed to suck up taxpayer money for a scam like this. Unfortunately, it is more common than you might think for scam operations (including other cults) to move in to take advantage of charter school programs.

The sad thing about this is that kids of this age, third and fourth-graders, are at a critical point in their learning. If they get screwed now, it's really the first step to them being screwed for life with a substandard education. This disgusting cult, in order to swindle some money out of the public, has ruined some of these kids' lives for good.

Thanks Hell Ron for your shitty "Study Tech."
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  21. Anonymous Member

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  22. Anonymous Member

• Winner Winner x 1
  23. Random guy Member

I still don't get why the authorities don't charge these tugs for fraud. In my neck of the woods they'd bee in world of legal hurtby now.
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  24. Anonymous Member

With the kind of money (and power) involved, it's not difficult to see how "freedom" is bought and paid for.
    • Winner Winner x 1
  25. jensting Member

And life farce only just managed to scrape ahead of a school for pupils with "learning disabilities."

Your tax dollars at work, 'mericans! The futures of those kids being washed away :(

Not funny any more :mad:

Best Regards

Jens
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  26. anon walker Moderator

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  27. another123 Member

GetReligionOrg makes accidental association between Scientology and Nation of Islam.
    I must admit, when it first was reported, was confused by the last names of the directors.
    When worlds collide: Scientology and the Nation of Islam
    comments are open...
    • Winner Winner x 1
  28. Zak McKracken Member

Also may not be aware of the distinction between NoI and mainline Islam.
    (protip: it's like the distinction between Christian Science and mainline Christianity)
    • Like Like x 1
  29. Anonymous Member

• Like Like x 2
  30. Anonymous Member

I know it's not the greatest pic, but it shows that this article about the Life Force low test scores was a headline article.

[IMG]
    Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    • Like x 2
    • Winner x 2
    • Informative x 1
    • Useful x 1
    • Optimistic x 1
  31. amaX Member

excuse the derail: their is a christian scientist reading room in downtown clearwater. they used to have a sign up saying that they have nothing at all to do with scientology. heh.

/derail
    • Funny Funny x 3
  32. Anonymous Member

Wish there was an icon for "heh." Alas, there is not. So, yeah, "heh."
    • Winner Winner x 1
  33. Anonymous Member

And the Starbucks next door makes sure they put the Tampa Bay Times on the bottom of their 4-tier newspaper rack. Don't want the Scilons to see any enturbulating headlines when they walk in the front door.
    • Like Like x 1
  34. amaX Member

when we first started protesting, the cult had all the sci-owned downtown businesses put up Anonymous Not Welcome Here signs. they tried it with non-sci businesses, too. starbucks refused. :D
    • Like Like x 6
    • Creative Creative x 1
  35. Anonymous Member

Now, that is a nice source!
  36. heatberd Member

Per courts, case 8:11 bk 13991, debtor Life Force Arts bankruptcy was dismissed May 2012. Case was thrown out, debts are not discharged.
    • Like Like x 3
  37. Quentinanon Member

In this instance I would guess that the judge saw fraud in the business operations and filing, so denied the petition for Chapter 11 (reorganisation). The corporation was dissolved by the state of Florida on 28 September 2012 for not filing the annual report. I wonder what U.S. or state laws apply now that the corporation as a non-profit has no stockholders to pursue.
    http://search.sunbiz.org/Inquiry/Co...-4d03-4eeb-8575-2e330b31b4c1/life force/Page1
  38. Quentinanon Member

I wonder if that scam will reorganise under a new name.
    Suggestion: Lie Farce Artifice and Scientology Academy