Customize

London 23rd April 2011 - Planning Thread

Discussion in 'Europe' started by Anonymous, Mar 22, 2011.

?

Which Saturday For The April Protest?

Poll closed Apr 1, 2011.
2nd 0 vote(s) 0.0%
9th 0 vote(s) 0.0%
16th 6 vote(s) 28.6%
23rd 12 vote(s) 57.1%
30th 3 vote(s) 14.3%
  1. Anonymous Member

London 23rd April 2011 - Planning Thread

11am - 12:30-1pm - Scientology H.Q Queen Victoria Street

Nearest Tube station is Blackfriars BUT BLACKFRIARS IS CLOSED UNTIL 2011. Anons should go to St Paul's which is on the Central Line and walk down.

12:30-1pm – 4-5pm - Dianetics Centre Tottenham Court Road

Anons will be traveling en mass to this location, getting off at TCR Tube station.

Police prefer people to get off at TCR and walk up, or if you don't want to walk then Goodge Street Station, on the Northern Line, is right opposite the protest area. Check Transport for London for transport directions and information.
  2. anonsoldier Member

3. Anonymous Member

Not everyone will be able to go to France.

For those who can't/don't there is this as well.
  4. Magnonymous Member

Well, France is most likely gonna be on the 30th, so I'd say make this one on the 16th or 23rd for those who want to bankrupt themselves by doing both.

And yeah, 23rd probs best for me. Might not be able to make the 16th, not sure yet. Depends if I'll be in the UK or not.
  5. Voted 23rd because that's the earliest my epic goldz fail should be rectified.
    May not be able attend anyway, as having surgery the week before. So will depend on how sore I am.
  6. Terry Member

i voted 23rd :) this will be my first
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Anonymous Member

I voted 16th too soon, I can do anytime. 23rd if it means more people can attend.
  8. So we're all posting what date we voted for in addition to voting now?

Well, that's one way to get the Loldon post counts back up to where they used to be...
    • Like Like x 4
  9. Sure, why not?
  10. new guy Member

20 get and there will be a be a nice surprise :)
  11. I've kinda fallen in love with the Arakawa Under the Bridge soundtrack.
    But cannot find the full OST to download anywhere.
    Any of you by chance happen to have a copy?
    Second series too.
  12. Terry Member

use this http://www.video2mp3.net/
  13. I'm looking for the OST. Not trying to rip individual tracks.
  14. Anonymous Member

15. Anonymous Member

I promise ill attend this one. Its my Birthday on the 18th so i might bring sum caek :D
  16. Anonymous Member

Given as they threatened to arrest me under section 60 (terrorism!!!) of the POA for wearing my mask as a fucking mask, I think they have enough powers as it is.

To any cops reading this: I haet you, you're all bastards.
    • Like Like x 1
  17. inb4massive amounts of tinfoil "oh noes will we have to remove our masks?!!!"

Bear the following in mind

*We have excellent relations with both Camden police and COLP, as our history of 0 arrests, 0 cautions over 3 years shows
    *Our liaisons within those forces understand the necessity of our wearing masks
    *Any powers granted to force the removal of facial coverings will most likely be "at the discretion of the attending officers", and will not become law for some months, if at all

So, in the event that this does become a police power, at the most we'll have to have a meeting with the senior officers of police forces in both protest locations and politely emphasise the importance of our masks in light of fair game, and the fact that we're the Nicest Protesters in London™.

tl;dr, don't worry.
    • Like Like x 5
  18. Clemonymous Member

Pretty sure I can afford this. Although, the Paris trip is quickly eating at my already low funds...
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Anonymous Member

20. afternon Member

Also, I have a cunning plan re the mask situation should it be needed..which will remain secret unless put into effect, but it's both lulzy and effective!
  21. I believe we were promised a surprise when the thread turned 20.
  22. Terry Member

this is on st george's day so can we drink when we are up there?
  23. Drinking at raid = bad idea

Getting horrendously inebriated after raid at post game = win (with optional* extra raep)

*raep compulsory
  24. Anonymous Member

To clarify, my issues was A) bullshit, B) due to area specific temporary terrorism legislation.

Aside from that, all that Yet said rings true.
  25. Namenlos Member

Anything but the 16th pls, no way I can do that day.
    23rd might be iffy, but we'll see.
  26. Anonymous Member

Well it's the 23rd so see we shall.
  27. Anonymous Member

Bat signal shall be down for maintenaince over the next 2 days.
    Normal service shall be resumed Saturday morning.
  28. ZeroC Member

ColbertScreaming.gif
  29. Anonymous Member

Bat signal is upgraded and back online.
  30. IM ATTENDING THE 23rd. Put it up on the events page so we can see how many will turn up.
  31. Princess Leia Member

Only recently discovered you guys.If I come along....do you provide the masks?
  32. WhiteNight Member

See you there faggots.

p.s this lawfag fully endorses Yeti's earlier post, but will add that the ramifications of an anti-mask law would be stupendous, thus the likihood of one being passed in the next few years are small.
  33. WhiteNight Member

p.p.s No. You can buy your own for about £5 from Amazon, Forbidden Planet (there are a few dotted around London) and more. I've always gone for Amazon.
  34. No, we don't provide the masks.

You can buy one from Forbidden Planet on Shaftsbury Avenue. Its 10/15mins walk from the cults bookshop (TCR).

Failling that, try online. Not ebay.
  35. That's what I get for visiting the little traps room before pressing the post button.
  36. anonymous612 Member

If you can't find a mask in time, wearing a hat and bandana over your face will also work. Toss on a pair of sunglasses and you're covering more of your face than a mask would.

Capital-Bandana-.jpg
  37. Fix'd
    • Like Like x 2
  38. Perikles Member

I love you Trap. But you owe me a keyboard.
  39. novu Member

Mine's on the 16th, as is mags (and don't forget David Miscabbage's on the 30th!) So birthday caek all round. :)
    I'll be there for TCR, might not make it in time for QVS, depends on travel etc.