Customize

"London Celebrity Centre moves to Clerkenwell"

Discussion in 'Leaks & Legal' started by SeenTheLight, Nov 25, 2010.

1. SeenTheLight Member

Re: London Celebrity Centre moves to New Cavendish Street

"Message from Gray Levett, Premier Benefactor of the Arts"
    Mod Edit: Some images in this thread have been deleted because they contained hotlinks to CoS sites.

Content of deleted images: Garishly pseudo-elegant but old and sadly worth saving buildings ripe for brassification by CoS.
  2. Anonymous Member

Another Ideal Morgue?

Really?

HOORAY!

Another project for Sci to fail horribly at.

I wonder if that Levett bloke realised he took that Flubtard quote out of context... Or if he cares.
  3. exOT8Michael Member

Celebrity Centers are set up to draw in celebrities with influence, connections and MONEY, MONEY, MONEY in to the Scientology cult.

While the staff slave to expand the org DM and Co. bleed the Celebrity Center for all it is worth in money, loyalty, favors and Public Relations.

Due to the failure of LRH to be who he said he was, the Celebrity Centers will never be what they say they are.

These "Benefactors" are mostly benefiting DM and the real estate binge he is on.

These centers are incapable of creating a new culture. More fake promises, just like the superpowers of "OT". Ignore them. Alert the celebs who get sucked in to see what is really going on.
  4. CarltonBANKS Member

New Cavendish Street is now fully open for business. They are now properly furnished; with loads of massive scilon posters, creepy LRH photos, book and magazine displays, several venetian blinds, modesty screens, etc.

Their advantage here is very clearly location.

It appears that people don't have to go through the main reception to get to the CelebrityCentre. There's a glass door that opens out into the street.

At a previous protest, they were apparently filming from the first floor, so maybe they have room to expand up there.
  5. SeenTheLight Member

6. OTBT Member

11uatsy.jpg

"Investing in an Ideal CC London could mean
    the difference between Scientology making
    it and not."

"smash the suppression"

"COMPLETE YOUR NEXT STATUS TODAY"

Um, wat

If Scientology "making it" is dependent on a CC London MEST building, I would say that Scientology is well and truly fucked.
    • Like Like x 3
  7. xenubarb Member

You could...but nobody would recognize you. Because nobody recognizes Z-list celebrities, doncha know.
  8. xenubarb Member

9. Alfnon Member

Could their main ploy be to attract celebrities from the local hospital (which happens to be Great Portand Street) or from radio 1 just a thought.
  10. CarltonBANKS Member

Lots of BBC stations are nearby

It's a private hospital , where footballers wags go to have their baby.

Two main reasons for the move:
    - so sociopath David Miscavige can fraudulently claim they are expanding
    - 5 mins away from TCR, so when they need to look busy, they can sent people over at short ntice

Peter Bolgar is at New Cavendish Street everyday, his desk looks out onto the street. Never seems to have any non-staff in. Like, ever.
  11. SeenTheLight Member

• Like Like x 1
  12. Anonymous Member

cclondon.png

"Complete the down payment", eh?

As in, a mortgage?

As in, unable to afford the building outright?

Says it all really. I suppose they've "got the idea" that they can afford it, though...
  13. CarltonBANKS Member

Deleted image

Stunning building! Where is it?

If there's one thing $cientology needs right now, it's more empty buildings.

QVS is so beautiful, inside. It's amazing what several million £s can do to spruce up a place.
  14. BLiP Member

11uatsy.jpg
    Poor sod looks like he needs a big feed and to be left alone to sleep for a week.
  15. Anonymous Member

Can someone please tell me which "celebs" the clams actually think they're going to ensnare in the UK! All the high profile A-list fuck off across the pond and wouldn't touch that shite with a barge pole. That leaves the Z-list and WAGS. The WAGS would rather spend their money on Louboutin's and private visits to the STD clinic due to their husbands shagging everything with a pulse whilst the Z-list are rapidly running out of money due to their divorce lawyers' fees. A fucking clue please?!
    • Like Like x 1
  16. theprofitlrh Member

There are muppets out there - it was reported that Gavin Henson - Charlotte Church's exboyfriend - was intrested.

I'd think they would go after an ex Eastenders or a Holly Oaks actor or an ex Big Brother contestant.
    It's not Hollywood material but it's enough glamour to suck in some raw meat and has some name recognition for use in media stories.

Give them a few months and they'll be spouting off about having "a toolbox to deal with life's problems"
  17. Anonymous Member

Deleted image

This has the old CC number on it.

How old is this promo?
  18. SeenTheLight Member

It's brand new.
  19. Anonymous Member

20. CarltonBANKS Member

Well done, how the fuck did you spot that so quickly?

stairs.gif

The Old Sessions House, Clerkenwell Green, London, EC1R 0NA

http://www.panoramio.com/photo/29643846

29643846.jpg

You can check out the Google Street view of the surrounding area.

Wikipedia - Middlesex Sessions House

• Who is the current owner? Any way we can find out? (Land Registry Office?)
    • Is this genuine or are they trolling us? They claim to be £40,000 short of a downpayment.
    • Clerkenwell is an affluent area.
    • Is this in the City of London or Islington? Assuming they get this, would they get generous tax relief?
  21. CarltonBANKS Member

well observed, it is indeed the old number. Did they port it over to New Cavendish Street?
  22. Anonymous Member

Don't know if they're serious about buying it but it looks like it has been for sale.
  23. CarltonBANKS Member

I see. They are selling via [IMG][IMG]

clogo_1401_0002.jpg

24. Anonymous Member

I noticed that the Duke of Kent's wearing masonic regalia. From there a quick trip to google for masonic lodges in London supplied that photo of the staircase.

Or I could be a mason and familiar with the building.
  25. Anonymous Member

26. Ersatz Global Moderator

Yipee! Another historic building for them to shit up. Davey's appetite for real estate is insatiable.
    • Like Like x 1
  27. CarltonBANKS Member

He needs to expand his property portfolio so he can brag about 'explosive growth' to mask shrinkage in numbers of Scientologists.
    They have enough reserve funds; they could buy that building outright. (but I suppose that's how ideal orgs are funded - money has to come from fresh donations?)

All this explains the fail that is New Cavendish Street: very little to no signage, zero recruitment ('stress tests')
    They are failing pretty hard, how are they keeping their morale up?
  28. Anonymous Member

Being told they'll be moving in soon.

Rumour is, CC staff are being told they already have the money to buy the building.

Anybody check out the number on the flier yet?
  29. BigBeard Member

From the sale notice:
    For us non-Brits, what does this mean regarding what the $cilons can, and can't, do to the building??

BigBeard
  30. Perikles Member

Means there are restrictions to what they can do to the outside. Inside is fine to be raeped tho. This is why so many fine pubs have been desecrated.

Not sure about whether outside alterations have differences in restriction for permanent and temporary, but i think even temporary alterations are gonna involve srs lgl biz.
    • Like Like x 1
  31. CarltonBANKS Member

[IMG]

SCIENTOLOGY IDEAL CELEBRITY CENTRES

Today I was asked by the Executive Director of CC London why I had decided to become a Premier Benefactor of the Arts. It is a good question, because for me it was the only thing to do.

I lived and worked in Hollywood for a number of years and Celebrity Centre International was my local organization. My work in Hollywood was always involved in some way with the arts; I moved between the movie world, music, writing and photography. CC looked after me, CC cared about me and CC was always there whenever I needed it. CC was always there as a safe, sane and kind oasis from some of the less attractive denizens of the entertainment world.

When I moved back to London in the mid 1980s, I ran the PR department of an indie record label and managed the careers of some rock and roll musicians. When I heard that a CC London was being started by some pioneering souls, I was both interested and intrigued. Later, when I founded my own photographic company, CC London had become a reality and I started on course there. The space wasn’t very large and there were lots of stairs to negotiate. Then it moved to larger premises, once again with many flights of stairs. More recently it has moved to its temporary home in New Cavendish Street which is all on the ground floor, with no stairs to climb.

During all those years a number of very dedicated souls have been spending hours and hours scouring London looking for that all important building, that place which could house the Ideal Org that LRH, the most abundantly creative genius in the world, so eloquently describes.

“The ideal org is the image one builds toward. It is the product of the causative actions of many. Anything which is short of an ideal org is an outpoint that can be put right. The end product is not just an ideal org but a new civilization already on its way.”

L. RON HUBBARD

Whenever we could, my wife Gillian and I would make a flow to the dream of a CC London Ideal Org and little by little the amounts we invested grew until we arrived at our current ‘Premier Benefactor of the Arts’ status. I use the word invested rather than donated because for me it is without doubt an investment, an investment that offers returns which are not available in any other area of life.

I continue to work with some of the world's greatest photographers, writers, actors and musicians. I consider it a privilege to call Celebrity Centre London my home; it is part of the adventure of my lifetime and there are few better places in the world in which to embark on such an adventure than here, where art and artists are free to inspire the world.

We have located a new building, a perfect building, a building that inspires and breathes life, a building that has been ticking away during many decades waiting patiently for us to arrive and fill it and allow it to be the vessel that will house LRH’s dream. Like nearly all the buildings it has stairs but what stairs! They are stairs that will take you, your friends and loved ones to freedom and create in London the most monumental effects that will be felt all over the world.

Please join us in contributing to securing the Ideal Celebrity Centre London building.

Gray Levett
    Patron with Honours
    Premier Benefactor of the Arts
    New Civilization Senior Ambassador

©2010 Church of Scientology Religious Education College Inc., a non-profit association incorporated with limited liability in South Australia (OCBA # A5172). Registered in England at Companies House under # FC9154. UK registered agent: Peter Hodkin, 42/44 Copthorne Road, Felbridge RH19 2NS. UK Head Office: Saint Hill Manor, Saint Hill Road, East Grinstead, West Sussex RH19 4JY. All rights reserved. Grateful acknowledgement is made to L. Ron Hubbard Library for permission to reproduce selections from the copyrighted works of L. Ron Hubbard. LRH, L. RON HUBBARD, SCIENTOLOGY, CELEBRITY CENTRE and the Celebrity Centre Logo are trademarks and service marks owned by Religious Technology Center and are used with its permission.

32. CarltonBANKS Member

33. CarltonBANKS Member

34. Anonymous Member

nope he is no ones
  35. xenubarb Member

So all you gotta do to be a "Premiere Benefactor of the Arts" is "invest?"

Not unlike the Humanitarian Awards they give to people who donate large amounts.
    You don't earn status in Scientology. You buy it.
  36. SeenTheLight Member

37. Sponge Member

• Like Like x 3
  38. Anonymous Member

Cannot see that this was ever answered.

Yes CB is correct - a search of the Land Registry will show both the current freeholder and/or the current leaseholder presuming the estate is registered (which it will almost definitely be if it was transferred after 2002).

It is a while since I did any conveyancing but it does not cost much. Did anyone ever seek out the official copies/title deeds?

There may also be additional documents available such as charges registered (mortgages) who transferred the property and a schedule of restrictive covenants (things that the "owner" is not allowed to do with the property.
  39. ZeroC Member

• Like Like x 5
  40. pedrofcuk Member

"In return, here is a sneak peek at what London's artists and captains of industry will glimpsle when they walk through the doors of our new Church."

Typos obviously...