Customize

London Protest 10th February '13

Discussion in 'Europe' started by Anonymous, Jan 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anonymous Member

WAT???
  2. Anonymous Member

INFORM have had Graeme Wilson as a speaker at their own seminars: https://whyweprotest.net/community/threads/39647/#post-839593

Do you really think they're going to be helpful in this situation? INFORM actually devote more time to trying to stop anti-cult campaigners, and belittling the ex-members who speak out against the abuses as being 'biased and unreliable'.
  3. Anonymous Member

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Horseradish Member

My personal experience: they have helped me a lot with info, and I have worked as an ordinary citizen for several years on activities actively combatting several culty groups, not just Scientology. [I am not an academic, and have no connection to them, BTW.]

They do work to raise awareness of cults trying to operate on campuses, and they gather intel on this and other cult activities.

They are useful because lot of people go to them with info, about thousands of groups.

The seminars at Inform are aimed at an audience of informed people: former cult members, families, academics and so on. They are not aimed at student all-comers, trying to 'sell' a cult. On the same platform you will get speakers who have had problems leaving cults and so on, explaining their sometimes harrowing experiences.
    • Like Like x 2
  5. ZeroC Member

Best of luck tomorrow chaps, please send them my best wishes.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Anonymous Member

'luck' is not a factor
  7. afternon Member

The weather outide is awful...bring umbrella tech (hope some are hard core)
  8. Anonymous Member

Go Loldon!
  9. I'm in position next Cult of Evil
  10. Anonymous Member

[IMG][IMG]:) through rain and wind we came we saw we closed the cult down
    [IMG]
  11. Anonymous Member

12. Deripunk Member

Fan-tas-tic! Well done guys, I'll try my best to be with you next time.
  13. Someone post a proper postgame report.
    In the meantime.
    1011207.jpg
  14. The Wrong Guy Member

Anonymous Scientology Protest with Charlie Veitch, London

UKarchive

Published on Feb 10, 2013

#OpXenu The Anonymous group protest (with a little help from Charlie Veitch) on Tottenham Court Road in London, outside the Scientology centre. "In solidarity with other Scientology actions on this day. We will be reminding Scientology that we haven't forgotten the death of Lisa McPherson, whose birthday would of been the 10-02-2013 if it weren't for the actions of the cult of Scientology."
    • Like Like x 4
  15. RightOn Member

nice turn out guys
  16. ^^ newfriends not knowing about the longstanding agreement that Anons/clams don't cross the street.
    Still it was fine raid.
    The clams had staff in TCR but they had locked the doors and turned out the lights.
    A policeman pointed out that they were talking pictures from one of the floors.
  17. Anonymous Member

at least you can use loudspeakers, unlike in New York.
  18. RightOn Member

yeah, after all, if they lock the doors and turn out the lights, Anons go away. tee hee herp deep
  19. This is why we have Unit Zero.

Every time it blares across Tottenham Court Road, you are with us in spirit, enturbulating by remote.

I did stop to as them where Martin was, but sadly, no response
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Indeed.
    Instead of trying the PTS/SP,they went for let's hide upstairs and pretend no ones home tech.
    • Winner Winner x 1
  21. I thought martin became a goth and moved to Hull?
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  22. RightOn Member

imagine paying to learn how to play hide and seek
  23. Deripunk Member

I had emailed few days ago Inform and got this response:

"Of course I don’t know the intentions of Hackney Community College and the reasons why they invited a spokesperson for Scientology – they may actually consider the organisation within the faith spectrum according to their multi-faith programme.

On the other hand, you are right to point out some questions that have been raised about the organisation, its practices, and especially recent developments. One would hope that the organisers of the multi-faith programme would have been aware of this. Involvement in Scientology can be quite costly, which is an issue for students.

Perhaps you could suggest to them that, should they want reliable and non-partisan information about Scientology or other minority religious groups for future multi-faith events, they can contact us for information first.

Best wishes,

Amanda van Eck, PhD
    Deputy Director
    Inform

Lame or what?!
  24. Anonymous Member

Seems reasonable to me.

I take "some questions that have been raised about the organisation, its practices, and especially recent developments" as formal-language code for "we think they're fucknuts".

The rest of the email reads as "wtf does Hackney College have to do with us?", which seems fair enough too.
  25. A bit late, the video of LoLdon Chanology year 5
    • Like Like x 3
  26. jensting Member

Nope, dangerously close to lame, IMHO. The beliefs are one thing, the criminal organisation is another. It's like inviting an Italian mafia don to speak on the importance of family values and a strong catholic faith. So, by giving the spokesperson from the criminal organisation known as the "church" of $cientology the same status as a spokesperson for a religion, INFORM is halfway down the slippery slope of thinking that there's nothing wrong with the organisation, and those apostates probably have a hidden agenda anyway...

Sorry, but this was not a strong reply from INFORM. If they had wanted to encourage discussion of diverse beliefs, they could have made a remark along the lines of "perhaps it would be great to have both a Freezoner and a corporate $cientology spokesperson at the event" or something.

But yeah, it's Hackney College's fuck-up not INFORM's. But INFORM chose to frame their reply as if the criminal organisation known as the "church" of $cientology was somehow a "church" first and foremost (and not what it actually is, a criminally convicted organisation).

Some alternatives to INFORM regarding the Co$ include "Escape" (although you should find out about where they come from), the CIC (dunno how well they're doing - they were under attack from the Co$, always a good sign a an anti-cult organisation - kind of :) )
    • Like Like x 2
  27. Anonymous Member

28. jensting Member

• Like Like x 1
  29. Anonymous Member

thought I already posted this here, my contribution...
    • Like Like x 3
  30. Anonymous Member

31. Oh god I miss you guys. Will you be doing March as well, or is it only every few months now?
  32. SeenTheLight Member

• Like Like x 2
  33. ZeroC Member

• Like Like x 1
  34. Anonymous Member

Is there a March thread yet?
  35. HOC Member

Hey there, do you guys have a local forum/site for London chanology that I can visit by any chance? :)
  36. Anonymous Member

37. !NECROMANCY! Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.