Customize

LONDON, SECOND SATURDAY IN FEBRUARY 2011

Discussion in 'Europe' started by initforthelulz, Sep 3, 2010.

?

Protest in London, second saturday in Feb 2011?

Yes 34 vote(s) 77.3%
No 10 vote(s) 22.7%
  1. re: LONDON, SECOND SATURDAY IN FEBRUARY 2011

This was the point, chanology 3rd anni happens to fall on non working day = win and lulz, no newfaggotry found here.

plus an early start on the tubes would bring moar publicity. moar publicity = scifags pwned.

lets do it. fuck the weather this is england.
  2. re: LONDON, SECOND SATURDAY IN FEBRUARY 2011

lets do that, leave a month or so, make a push on stuff round christmas. just keep this thread anyway though, its all publicity.
  3. Anonymous Member

re: LONDON, SECOND SATURDAY IN FEBRUARY 2011

Who the fuck are you?
  4. re: LONDON, SECOND SATURDAY IN FEBRUARY 2011

anonymous
  5. Anonymous Member

Didn't Google discontinue its Google wave?
  6. Anonymous Member

I think what he meant was, "Who the fuck are you, you've been here like 5 days, and obviously haven't lurked anywhere near enough, otherwise you'd realise just how fucking retarded it is creating a thread for the Feb 2011 protest in early September."

Have you even actually been to a protest yet? I suggest you do that first. Enthusiasm's great, but frankly you're coming across as like a new puppy, peeing on the carpet and chewing everyone's shoes. Come along on the 18th, and show us you're not an idiot who's gonna get us all arrested or a Scilon spy, and I suspect support for your idea will grow.

Sorry if this sounds cliquey; we've just been doing this a long time now, so we kind of know how it works. Fresh ideas always welcome, but always, always lurk moar.
  7. StoneBurner Member

having just had recourse to eye-bleach because of a FUCKING SCIENTOLOGY ADVERT ON MY TV!!!! i'm up for a return to the fray...

fucking scilon scum on my discovery channel, what the fuck?!?!?!
  8. re: LONDON, SECOND SATURDAY IN FEBRUARY 2011

actually i have been to protests before, i have also been part of this a long while and yeah maybe not as long as you fair enough.

However i decided to start this early because frankly the last two protests ive been to sucked because they seemed to have been "organised" (using that word very loosely) within a month and had fuck all people there.

i accept september was probably a little too early however i was fucking bored and there is no harm in trying something a little different.

lets all just relax and not get all antsy about shit!
  9. Anonymous Member

Welcome back.
  10. Anonymous Member

greetings, have a nice return.
  11. Anonymous Member

^^ this was exactly what I meant ^^

you've been to protests b4 - ORLY? as who, why have you only just created an account on WWP then? i smell bullshit.

yeh there aren't as many people in comparison to 2008 but this is Anonymous, it's a fucking miracle that a movement started by a group who's attention span often rivals a gold fish has kept things going this long.

you obviously don't know what you're talking about and I somehow doubt that some random guy who may have the best of intention at heart, is going to keep up with 'this' for the next 5 months.

i think this whole thread should be deleted due to fail n aids, i'm not trying to discourage you but you've started something with 0 reputation and clearly zero knowledge. last loldon megaraid took months of planning and had 70 or so people attend, that was good all things considered, so as said already: lurk moar.

tl;dr: maybe you're real, maybe not, do something that just post first, and basically: lurk moar or gtfo
  12. Forget Member

I have heard of tyhis, isw the advert on the net anywhere?
  13. new guy Member

Hai,whats going on in this thread ?
  14. afternon Member

Some newfag gets enthusiastic and some slightly older (but relatively new) fag gets butthurt..same old!
  15. Spangly Member

I saw mention on Twitter of it being on MTV.
  16. Anonymous Member

If you guys are gonna join the push for 12 Feb - maybe change the thread title, or lock this thread and start a new one, or do your planning in the 3rd birthday thread and try and excite some other cells?

Just a thought...
  17. Anonymous Member

If you've been part of this a long while you should realise how important persistant protests every month are, and naturally they will be organised in less than a month.
    Drop this for now, support your monthly protests and lurk moar.
  18. WhiteNight Member

arsenio_sg.gif
  19. Anonymous Member

hmm seems moar lurking is required. i voted yes on the poll but i must demand cake in return
  20. BertZ Member

Hey Guys. I have known about scientology for a while know but am only just old enough to be able to take meaningfull action. Me and 3 of my freiends plan to attend.
  21. WhiteNight Member

awesome dude. It's good to have you onboard. Don't forget to check the noobs and advice section of the forum for tips and tricks on how to lvl up.
  22. RocketQueen Member

bit early for organising isn't it? just sayin.
  23. new guy Member

Feb 11 is the 3rd birthday of chanology.
  24. RocketQueen Member

I know that but starting a thread in September is early...
  25. new guy Member

Getting >500 did'nt work out very well :(
  26. Namenlos Member

Lol whut is this. Not even a choice of dates? I WANT DEMOCRACY.
  27. re: LONDON, SECOND SATURDAY IN FEBRUARY 2011

This thread, OP and Poll were all so useless I'd just assumed it was the work of Bluebell.

Hey newfag. If you think you have all the answers I challenge you to bring just 10 new people along to the anniversary protest. The one where if you were paying attention lands on the SECOND Sat. You know, the week we typically raid on.
  28. Anonymous Member

Trap, Bluebell's not that damn stupid in not giving London the choice of when to have the 3 year anniversary protest
  29. Anonymous Member

IF IT IS THE 2nd WEEKEND - SATURDAY 12th 2011 - CHANOLOGY 3RD YEAR - PLAN Z WILL RETURN
  30. Fuckeye Member

Well, that settles it.
  31. Re: LONDON, SECOND SATURDAY IN FEBRUARY 2011

I will be there. I always make it to the February protests. Look forward to seeing you there.
  32. Heretic Member

Re: LONDON, SECOND SATURDAY IN FEBRUARY 2011

I'm going to be in Hamburg for the aniversary
  33. Perikles Member

Will be there.

That apppears to make 6 or so attendees. Win.

Fucking pirates did better than this...
  34. Phantom7 Member

35. Perikles Member

"What connection does this thread have to the other London planning thread"

They both conatin the word "London?

About to open polling for Mega-Raid date.
  36. Phantom7 Member

If we are a bit short of participants, we could try contacting some other organisations and groups and extending an "official" invitation to join us in protest, or a request to advertise the protest to there members?

I was thinking maybe:
    The British Humanist Association ( The British Humanist Association )
    Freethinker Blog ( The Freethinker )
    National Secular Society ( Challenging Religious Privilege | National Secular Society )

While they are not directly against $cientology, they are still secular or against damage done by religion/religious cults.

And just because $cientologists hate them:
    The Royal Collage of Psychiatrists ( Royal College of Psychiatrists )

It could help to get a few more people along to the raid?

P.S I am quite new to this, this is just a idea I had, sorry if it has been suggested already.
  37. Anonymous Member

I think that given the opposition to religion in these groups, involving them would make Scientology look like a religion, as opposed to what it is. And really, they have nothing to do with Scientology whatsoever:
    Humanists: As a sort-of-religion, simply oppose the beliefs (also see secularism)
    Atheists: Again oppose the beliefs, and some may be anti-religion but again nothing to do with Scn
    Secularism: Scientology is not counted as a religion in the UK, so no connection.

Also, involving groups brings along it's own problems - additional agendas etc. In my opinion we are best off sticking with Anons, OGs, Ex-Scis and any individuals who want to.
  38. Pigeon Member

Oh, I don't know, we could do with the numbers. And since it is an anniversary protest, it doesn't matter too much if it's a bit different from the main raids.

Why not try it?
  39. Phantom7 Member

I understand your point, however I look at it as just others that might be sympathetic to the cause. Everyone is anonymous so if done properly, it would not distort our objectives.

I am quite new to this, so I am not sure how large this group is, but from lurking on the forum, there are not that many, especially attending the protests in London. I see approaching these groups as more of a recruitment exercise, not an outsourcing of our beliefs.

Perhaps we should also take over some of the why we protest site homepage nearer the time to advertise to passers by the protest?