Customize

looking for an LRH quote

Discussion in 'Support Questions' started by Anonymous, Jul 13, 2011.

1. Anonymous Member

"you are safe so long as you are one of us"

I thought it was from Aims of Scientology, but it isn't.

Does anyone know the reference?
  2. Anon PTS Member

"Aims" has this passage, if it helps: But we will never betray your faith in us so long as you are one of us.
  3. Anonymous Member

Thank you PTS
  4. Anonymous Member

Just curiosity from me: Is Aims Of Scientology a textbook or an audio lecture?
  5. Anonymous Member

@OP, for a new poster, you sure ask for a lot of WWP assistance re copyrighted LRH source digging.

You post anonymously and you hide your profile.

Things that makes me go hmmmm.
  6. Anonymous Member

I apologize. I have so many windows open I didn't want to start a google search. I'll do it now. Thank you.
  7. Anonymous Member

No no Auntie, that post was @ OP and not directed at you unless the OP is your sock!
  8. Anon PTS Member

It's a one-page statement of platitudes, appears on most scn sites; I believe it's originally from Scientology 0-8, The Book of Basics.

Edit: Here's one on line (CULT SITE: Take Precautions) www(dot)scnventura(dot)org/aims.htm
    • Like Like x 1
  9. pedrofcuk Member

I think it might be from Can We Ever Be Friends?
  10. Anonymous Member

The Aims of Scientology
    A civilization without insanity, without criminals and without war, where the able can prosper and honest beings can have rights, and where man is free to rise to greater heights, are the aims of Scientology.

First announced to an enturbulated world in 1950, these aims are well within the grasp of our technology.

Nonpolitical in nature, Scientology welcomes any individual of any creed, race or nation.

We seek no revolution. We seek only evolution to higher states of being for the individual and for society. We are achieving our aims.

After endless millennia of ignorance about himself, his mind and the universe, a breakthrough has been made for man.

Other efforts man has made have been surpassed.

The combined truths of fifty thousand years of thinking men, distilled and amplified by new discoveries about man, have made for this success.

We welcome you to Scientology. We only expect of you your help in achieving our aims and helping others. We expect you to be helped.

Scientology is the most vital movement on Earth today.

In a turbulent world, the job is not easy. But then, if it were, we wouldn't have to be doing it.

We respect man and believe he is worthy of help. We respect you and believe you, too, can help.

Scientology does not owe its help. We have done nothing to cause us to propitiate. Had we done so, we would not now be bright enough to do what we are doing.

Man suspects all offers of help. He has often been betrayed, his confidence shattered. Too frequently he has given his trust and been betrayed. We may err, for we build a world with broken straws. But we will never betray your faith in us so long as you are one of us.

The sun never sets on Scientology.

And may a new day dawn for you, for those you love and for man.

Our aims are simple, if great.

And we will succeed, and are succeeding at each new revolution of the Earth.

Your help is acceptable to us.

Our help is yours.

L. Ron Hubbard
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Anonymous Member

12. pedrofcuk Member

13. The sun also never sets on humanity..... um.
    Wise words?

Oh! The sun also never sets on the internet!!
    Or Anonymous!

Hey remember when that actually was cool with the British empire?

The meaning seems to have been lost with the passage of time.
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Demented LRH Member

This thread confuses me, which happens very rare. Why is it so important to know where some stupid passage came from? Hubbard wrote tons of crap, why would anyone pay attention to it?
  15. mongrel Member

It's the closest thing (that I'm aware of) where flubbard basically made the totalitarian statement that "You're either with us, or against us." The creepiest part of Cruise's crazy video was when he said the same thing. I think cruise said something like "You're either on board or you're not."

And if you're going to claim that someone made a ridiculous statement, you should be able to source it.
    • Like Like x 2
  16. Demented LRH Member

I like your remark about "You're either with us, or against us". The statements made here are not ridiculous, they are correct. However, a discussion of Blahbard's "literary works" is uselss from my point of view.
  17. It's mostly true... except if you watch the video again, Cruise says, "In my opinion it's" right before "You're either on board, or you're not on on board."

Still, if Hubbard said it at some point, would be good to find.

Maybe that's why Scilons don't actually make digital copies, cause then you can Ctrl F the phrase and BAM instant saucing.
  18. mongrel Member

That statement could also be read to imply that "We will betray your faith in us when you are no longer one of us." Basically, they'll try to fuck you up if you leave, which is true. You need only read the SP Times articles where they used all of the "confessional" materials in an attempt to destroy the credibility of the critics.
  19. Demented LRH Member

I just took a second look at Hubbard's poetic statement, "You are sfe as long as ..." and it became clear to me how incredibly stupid it is.
    Safe from what? From the lawsuits? There is plenty of them against CoS! Safe from a car accident that could kill you?
    This damn poetry makes no sense to me; as usual, Blahbard promises something that he cannot deliver.
    And now I wasted my time by crtisizing his idiotic poems.
    • Like Like x 1
  20. pedrofcuk Member

That's from KSW 1, "if you're enrolled, you're aboard, live or die in the attempt..."
  21. Anonymous Member

Do you mean his "fiction" or his $cientology $cripture?

If it's the latter, I find it odd because you very recently posted some material on another thread, written by a relative that makes a case for LRH and mental retardation. The only material that your relative has access to it the written/literary material. I see a contradiction, but I may be mistaken with this.
    • Like Like x 1
  22. Demented LRH Member

As an "accomplished poet", according to his biographers, Hubbard wrote several poems, including the one sometimes referred to as "the march of gay soldiers" (I think its title is funny). I was referring to his poetry in this post.
    My cousin analyzed Dianetics and couple of other books on Scientology. She did not care about his poems and fiction books because they are not considered as scientific material.
    • Like Like x 1
  23. Demented LRH Member

24. Demented LRH Member

Somehow my post was duplicated.
  25. anonamus Member

Yeah, it's always good to have a copy of your statement..
    • Like Like x 1
  26. Demented LRH Member

I think this happened because I edited my post.
  27. Anonymous Member

Is that your cousin who is "considered" a medical doctor because she is a clinical psychologist?
  28. Anonymous Member

Thank you for the clarification. I have never attempted his "literary" works, only the $acred $criptures. Currently reading the DICTIONARY of Scientology & Dianetics. It's a laff riot!!!
    • Like Like x 1
  29. Demented LRH Member

I mentioned the difference between psychologists and clinical psychologists in the Thunderdome. I do not want to go over it again. I'm lazy, so you have to go to the dome. It's over. I do not want to derail this thread so I leave it. I have a bad habit of derailing threads, and I want to kick it.
  30. lol that makes George W. Bush a follower of Hubbard although Bill Clinton granted them Tax - Exempt

31. Wasn't it established that it was correct in this form

"But we will never betray your faith in us so long as you are one of us"
  32. Dragononymous Member

That would explain some things actually...
  33. Cult America

• Like Like x 1
  34. Demented LRH Member

Probably you’re right. I was looking at the very first post.
    I really do not want to come back to this thread because myself and Anonymous could derail it with endless talk about psychologists and clinical psychologists. I do not want to have a dubious title of Grandmaster of Derailment.
    • Like Like x 1
  35. anonamus Member

Well at least you got that right.
  36. Anonymous Member

Anonymous is just a hater trying to make you look like a retard, just ignore him.
    • Like Like x 1
  37. anonamus Member

You mean the 'tech dictionary' right?

I remember reading through that as well. Full of outrageous claims stated as facts, given by the supreme authority himself. Hip-hip etc.
    • Like Like x 1
  38. Anonymous Member

That's the one! All 305 pages of it!
  39. PodPeople Member

That reminded me, Auntie, when I was dumping old books, I did take a look at dictionary for laughs, the last to be tossed. I came across this picture which for me sums it all up.

Scientology is all about Hubbard making you think of pictures, then charging you to get rid of them, then later super secretly telling you there are dead people in and around you making copies of pictures, and that extermination is gonna cost you too.

Those who stay long in Scientology are those who can convince themselves that copying a picture of a thing will produce the real thing. The sci dictionary is a copy machine manual. That is all.

abt5pw.jpg
    • Like Like x 1