Customize

Looking for Answers

Discussion in 'Freedom of Expression' started by AnonRiver, Feb 6, 2009.

1. AnonRiver Member

Looking for Answers

I don't know if this is the right place to post this or not, but I am new around here and have not fully learned my way around yet,

Anyways I was watching a thread of videos from the Toronto April '08 mini raid and anon members were talking about having downloaded and read Dianentics, could someone please give me a link to it?
  2. exOT8Michael Member

Re: Looking for Answers

For your sanity, don't bother.
    ;-)
  3. tazor Member

Go to the top of this page and click on More About Scientology. It should give you information. Also try wikileaks.

Welcome to the board!
  4. cubby Member

or your local goodwill/2ndhand bookstore... there's a lot of copies floating around
  5. AnonRiver Member

Thanks for the help guys :)
  6. AnonRiver Member

I went on wikileaks and searched it but didnt find an actual full version of it, and the more about Scientology didn't seem to be very helpful either, lol what should i be searching exactly off of wikileaks?
  7. NotBobMinton Member

I don't think the book Dianetics is on wikileaks. Many have been picking it up at 2nd hand book stores so that the cult won't get any money.

But if you are intent on finding an electronic copy you could probably find one by searching some of the Bittorrent websites like Download music, movies, games, software! The Pirate Bay - The world's largest BitTorrent tracker
  8. AnonRiver Member

does not have to be an electronic copy, we just refuse to give money to $cientology, but if it is possible to find a copy at at second hand shop then i will check that out. I will also check out those sites and thanks very much
  9. anonymous1312 Member

What we're saying is you will learn more about the cult from the above links and wiki leaks where a lot of the high level stuff now resides than reading Dianetics.

Dianetics: the "modern" science of the mind is rambling fluff. People looking for answers may read all sorts in to it and what they don't understand because it is gibberish they will put down to their ignorance. Some of us have tried to read it, myself included, but the mind rebels after a page or so; if it doesn't you may be in trouble.

That said I believe there was a link to the full book BUT it was rewritten so the version on sale now is significantly different to the older books; apparently diddy David "Squirrel" Miscavige found a bunch of stuff LRH wrote the publishers forgot to include in the book. Check Amazon, I got the "Science of Survival" for £1.55.
  10. Hombre Moderator Skandinaviska

They might have it at your local library... if you're (un)lucky.
  11. Re: Looking for Answers

Amazon and Ebay have Hubbard books super cheap.

I'd recommend Science of Survival.

Dianetics is a slog.

Fundamentals of Thought is a another good place to start.

The problem is there is SOOO much available now it's overwhelming. Wikileaks has the best collection of materials.

This is a thread on an Ex's site that has a lot of information in simple terms...

Grundy's guide to Scientology - Ex Scientologist Message Board

Scientology is a big animal it breaks down a little like this...

Dianetics - "Book One" started it all. Now really just introductory, a doorway to scientology.

Scientology - The religion, past lives and thetan (soul) were extrapolated from Dianetics.

Management Tech - How to run an organization based on Hubbard's writings. (used for cult and secular businesses)

OT Levels - Secret levels to regain godlike powers. Remember in scientology the only God is L Ron Hubbard.

Secular fronts - Since most people run screaming when they hear scientology, the cult hides behind front groups to find victims, these are... WISE, Narconon, Criminon, CCHR, The Way to Happiness, Drug Free Marshals.

And that just scratches the surface. Good luck!
  12. AnonRiver Member

I understand that it's a bunch of bull, My fiancee is interested purely to know what it says in it, already been reading over the higher up information and way things really work with in the CoS, we just want to know what is actually written within the book just for the sake of it

Don't worry not looking to join in with the bastards that's for sure, and I am sure I will want to toss the thing away, i agree if you know how the body and mind work, then you have to know that Dianetics is a load of bull, and I am not looking to read it for answers or knowledge for I do not believe the book holds any, it's simply a want to know whats in there, nothing more, when I research anything I want to see all the sides hear everything, that being such a staple to reeling ppl in I think it is an important piece of the puzzle to know about.
  13. fitch2000 Member

fixt
  14. Anon-007 Member

Looongcat approves of this thread!

catfighthgihftaccc2.gif catfighthgihftaccc2.gif catfighthgihftaccc2.gif catfighthgihftaccc2.gif catfighthgihftaccc2.gif catfighthgihftaccc2.gif catfighthgihftaccc2.gif
  15. Re: Looking for Answers

Easy answer -

Go to google. Search for Dianetics torrents. If you want everything search for Scientology torrents.

For basic users I'd recommend using shareaza or limewire as download clients. It's good to see someone new interested in understanding exactly what they are protesting.
  16. CantPickaName Member

usenet ftw
  17. Anon-007 Member

Dianetics???

Well, according to Google you can download a free copy for research purposes only here

Incidentally, this is a link found on the web and nothing to do with me or WWP.

PS Select free user option, follow download instructions and there is no password on the rar.
  18. 13Heathens Member

Trust me, it's not worth reading. It's horribly written, and structured to try to brainwash the reader.. Approached with a good critical eye it'll just piss you off.

If you are determined to read it make sure to take lots of breaks. The beliefs presented are absolutely fucking toxic..

I have a dissection of Science of Survival, History of man, CCHR's Psychiatry Industry of Death, and a stack of other crap on YouTube. I went through the shits so people wouldn't have to expose themselves to their crap.

YouTube - 13Heathens's Channel
  19. Forseti Member

^^^^^ What HE said ^^^^^^

I would recommend educating yourself about the scandals that Co$ has been involved in before you read Dianetic$.
  20. tendervittles Member

hee hee, i made that

21. 13Heathens Member

I just realized how often I post links to my youtube crap on here..I must sound like a real hit-count-whore at times..

However the fact remains. Dianetics, the book and procedures, are bad for your mental well-being. The consensus is; Avoid at all costs!!
  22. AnonRiver Member

Thanks for all the input guys and all the links, this is all proving very informative and usefull in my search for knowlegde
  23. FUCK Member

Really, i don't know why you are going to bother, but if you want a copy, the local library will probably just give you a copy. The cult bombards them with the basics book and they are only ever used as a doorstop.
  24. blank Member

25. none given Member

Thank you 13Heathens
    Truth. Hubbard was a weak writer but not a fool. There is a reason they are the most sucessful mind control cult in American history.

At the end of each chapter stop and write down three things in that chapter that are untrue or unverified?