Customize

Looking for "The Background, Ministry, Ceremonies & Sermons of the Scientology Religion"

Discussion in 'Leaks & Legal' started by calia386, Jun 23, 2011.

1. calia386 Member

2. Anonymous Member

3. BigBeard Member

Background: "Make money, make more money, make even more money."
    Ministry: "Make money, make more money, make even more money."
    Ceremonies: Lock the doors and marathon reg until they get out the check book, turn over the credit cards, and take out every loan they can get, whether they can afford it or not. (See Ministry above)
    Sermons: Give! Give! Give! Lie, cheat, steal if you have to - it will be forgiven if your "up stats" - but make more money for Cof$. And if you find any change in the sofa cushions, that goes to the IA$.

I think that about covers it.

BigBeard
    • Like Like x 2
  4. calia386 Member

BigBeard...I'd still like the book...LOL
  5. Anonymous Member

OP
    You raise a good question,hang around i am sure an ex on WWP can tell you.
  6. El Ron Member

AFAIK, nobody here has a copy of this book, or if they do it hasn't been leaked yet. Scanning that beast would be tough, considering it's 1,040 total pages. I wouldn't exactly say it's covers stuff in depth about the Co$. From what I gathered of the description in the 2009 catalog, it seems to be a bunch of stuff from various policy letters and courses mashed together probably along with a good chunk of the What is Scientology book on stuff to pass themselves off as a "regular religion". Probably has a bunch of glossy photos thrown in there for good measure. Outside of the catalog, it's not really mentioned anywhere else. My best guess for this book's use is as a publicly displayed reference in orgs as a tool to persuade and entice members of the public.

Here's the catalog entry:
    w0xfF.jpg
  7. calia386 Member

Oh okay, Thanks for the info, then I'm probably not missing much
  8. Anonymous Member

"Not missing much" ???

A mind that can think critically appears to be conspicuous in its absence.
  9. Anonymous Member

http://www.beliefnet.com/Faiths/Scientology/Scientology-Weddings-Frequently-Asked-Questions.aspx

So, it seems likely to me that the book might be a big load of worthless shit, relieved only by references to a pan, a comb, and perhaps a cat.
  10. AnonLover Member

similar material from other publications that haz been leaked for quite some time:

BONAFIDE SCIENTOLOGY, 290pgs (fileshare)

THE SCIENTOLOGY RELIGION, 160 pgs (fileshare)
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Anonymous Member

I have a copy I'm looking to sell, as well as other dianetics/scientology books and materials. I had been a member of the "church" for several years up until 2007. Now I'm just looking to let go of my former "religion." All material are in new or like new condition. If interested or would like more info J. at: nncnt_bystndr@yahoo.com. (Put "Dn/Scn Stuff" in subject box)
  12. Anonymous Member

seewhatyoudid.png
  13. AnonLover Member

bump - if anybody got a copy of this monstrosity... Imma really wishing i could see the index right about now.

(And then maybe pluck a short excerpt or two for my comparative religion info packs project)
  14. Tangerine Member

15. Anonymous Member

Sorry I was a slow in responding to this. I have so much of the stuff sitting around that I'm not always sure what I have here.
    What would you like to know?

It's not very big-only 66 pages or so.
  16. Anonymous Member

Here is the "Informal Naming Ceremony"
    Ok. The parents of these children will bring them front and centre.
    (Speaking to the child):
    How are you? All right. Now your name is _____
    You got that? Good. There you are. Did that upset you? Now do you realize that you're a member of the HASI? Pretty good, huh?
    All right. Now I want to introduce you to your father. This is Mr. _____. (To the parent): Come over here (to the child): and here is your mother.

And now, in case you get into trouble and want to borrow some quarters here's Mr. _____. See him? He's your godfather. Now take a look at thim. That's right.

And here's ______, in case you need some real good auditing, she's your godmother. Got it?

Now you are suitably christened. Don't worry about it, it could be worse. Ok. Thank you very much. They'll treat you all right.
  17. The background according to L. Ron Hubbard himself says that Scientology was an exact "Science", not a Religion at all.

Hubbard used religious cloaking to hide his bogus science as a religion to fend off lawsuits for his absurd medical claims and for tax evasion purposes.

The ministry, ceremonies and sermons of the Scientology "Science" were created to aid in the religious cloaking ordered by Hubbard including the introduction of the crossed out cross (almost identical to Aleister Crowley's Satanic crossed out cross).

The worst part of this religious cloaking is that it has been used to protect Scientology from prosecution of their many abuses of duped members.

• Like Like x 1
  18. AnonLover Member

No worries - I'm working on a long term summer project and my bump on this thread was for future reference...

are you saying the index in the back of the big Background/Ministry tome is only 66pages?

what i would <3 <3 <3 to have, is a full scan of the index (and TIA!!). but 66pages is kinda high, so a table of contents scan would likely suffice for satisfying my general curiosity just fine.

OR alternative helpful Q&A on whats listed in the index would be to tell me what's listed for these specific keywords: Confession, Sermon (as in Sunday Church Service lectures) and Tone Scale

Depending on whats indexed for ^^That stuff, imma likely gonna want a scan of atleast one small excerpt from those materials so that the book is fairly represented in my future comparative religion research info packets of fair usage compilation materials.
  19. Anonymous Member

Ok, maybe we are talking about two different things.

What I have is "Background and Ceremonies". The whole book is 73 pages including index and appendices.
    This edition was published in 1970 in the full push to be a "religion" with similar ceremonies to other religions.

Index of contents
    Part I
    Introduction
    The background to the relgious hiistorical roots of the Church of Scientology......8
    The Hindu faith.......................................................................................10
    The Buddhist faith...................................................................................13
    Plato and Aristotle...................................................................................16
    Spinoza.................................................................................................16
    "What is Greatness", by L. Ron Hubbard.......................................................17
    St. Thomas Aquinas.................................................................................19
    Scientology and Western thought...............................................................20

Part II
    Forms of Service
    The Church Service..................................................................................26
    A Prayer for "Total Freedom"......................................................................27
    Sermon Outlines......................................................................................28
    Weddings
    Proper Dress for Weddings.......................................................................29
    Procedures for formal Weddings................................................................30
    Scientology Wedding Ceremony................................................................31
    by L. Ron Hubbard
    Double Ring Ceremony............................................................................36
    Double Ring Ceremony for Scientologists....................................................38
    Single Ring Wedding Ceremony.................................................................41
    Informal Marriage Service........................................................................43
    Naming
    Procedure for conducting a naming ceremony.............................................43
    Informal Naming Ceremony......................................................................44
    Recognition and Naming Ceremony............................................................45
    Funerals
    Procedure for Conducting a Funeral..........................................................48
    Founding Church Funeral Service.............................................................49
    by L. Ron Hubbard
    A Funeral Oration..................................................................................55
    The Creed of the Church of Scientology....................................................56

Part III
    Prayer Day
    Form of Observance..............................................................................57
    A Prayer for Human Rights......................................................................58
    "The Factors" by L. Ron Hubbard.............................................................59
    The Sermon.........................................................................................61
    "Scientology is a religion"........................................................................65
    by Mary Sue Hubbard
    Bibliography........................................................................................66
  20. moarxenu Member

"Scientolgy is a religion" by Mary Sue Hubbard lol.
    • Like Like x 3
  21. AnonLover Member

naa you got the widely spread shorter scilon-handbook4dummys version - i have that too.

ITT were talking about the cult's grossly over-priced hardcover theology reference book (that is the closest thing to a textbook/academic quality) text...

"The Background, Ministry, Ceremonies & Sermons of the Scientology Religion"

http://www.amazon.com/Background-Ministry-Ceremonies-Scientology-Religion/dp/1573181749

http://www.worldcat.org/title/backg...ons-of-the-scientology-religion/oclc/53144746

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:KH84Y_YOTJMJ:www.goldenageofknowledge.net/materials/backgroundceremonies.html?locale=en_US "The Background, Ministry, Ceremonies & Sermons of the Scientology Religion"&cd=2&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us&source=www.google.com

mod edit: links added to OP
    • Like Like x 1
  22. AnonLover Member

ahhh yes, a classic PR blurb, one of my favs & also featured prominently as the forward/dedication frontispiece in the Scientology and the Bible leakage.
    • Like Like x 1
  23. I have the book and I've read it. Very interesting stuff in it. I don't agree with it...but interesting nonetheless.

24. I have a hardback copy of the book!!