Customize

Lori Hodgson

Discussion in 'Projects' started by Rod Keller, Oct 18, 2013.

1. Rod Keller Member

I'm going to start helping Lori Hodgson get reconnected with her children. If anybody wants to help, let's start a conversation. I don't want your money, only your talent in social networking, web sites, things like that. I think she's done a very good job of publicity, but with more people it could really take off.

Here's a quick intro.
    • Like Like x 4
  2. Rod Keller Member

In particular, would anybody be interested in helping with a Wordpress or other similar blog? I can make one, but my design skills are limited. Slap a photo at the top and I'm done. I know it can be better than that.
  3. JohnnyRUClear Member

"Reconnect Lori"
    "Mama Bear Needs Her Cubs Back"
    "Mom Can't Wait 1,000,000,000 Years"

Just a few spur-of-the-moment ideas. Use if helpful.
  4. Rod Keller Member

My photoshop skills are fail, but this is what I have so far.

Attached Files:

• head.jpg
      head.jpg
      File size:
      95.4 KB
      Views:
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Rod Keller Member

If anybody has a twitter account, it would be nice to follow Lori. I plan to do a lot of re-tweeting. If you would like to help out, make a new account and maybe set your location to Austin, TX.

@lori_hodgson
  6. Anonymous Member

Sorry, hard to keep up with all of the exes and where their disconnected family members are. Where are her kids?
  7. Rod Keller Member

Austin, TX. Eventually I would like #jessicacallmom and #jeremycallmom to "trend" in Austin. But little steps first, you know?
  8. Rod Keller Member

If you like, here is the shortened URL to her sparse web site. http://bit.ly/1bUu19f The idea is to make it a landing place for twitter links and other links. It's not a news site you would come back to over and over. The letter to kids is a sticky post, and Lori might add articles once in a while.
  9. Anonymous Member

So protesting outside the Austin org with a sign telling the children that their mother misses them would not be out of line? Wonder if the kids are ever on Craigslist?
  10. Rod Keller Member

Well, you have anticipated part of the plan. I think "Missed Connections" in Austin, TX would be worth watching. You can decide for yourself if you think one of the available flags is appropriate. Flags are not just for spam, in other words.
  11. Rod Keller Member

I don't think either of her children are on staff. But I think a protest would be fine and very welcome.
  12. Anonymous Member

Not sure who is in that area, but I'll take a look around to see if I can find anyone.
    • Like Like x 2
  13. Rod Keller Member

• Like Like x 1
  14. Rod Keller Member

15. The Wrong Guy Member

• Like Like x 1
  16. Rod Keller Member

I'll go with either thread - which would people prefer?
  17. Anonymous Member

Sometimes new information or new ops get lost in old threads. I say leave it here.

ML,
    A Mod.
    • Like Like x 1
  18. The Wrong Guy Member

I try keep everything in an existing thread so that people who are new to a topic have as much information as possible in one place.

TWG,
    A Rocker
    • Like Like x 3
  19. Quentinanon Member

Any teenager under the age of majority, 18 in the U.S. and Canada, cannot legally contract, thus any such agreement is null and void.
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Rod Keller Member

Well, of course you're correct. I don't think Jeremy Leake is convinced that he doesn't have to pay them $3 million to talk to his mom.
  21. JohnnyRUClear Member

Every time I think about families split apart by Scientology, I think of this song. Seems like it could make for a good theme video.

I have ideas but lack skill.
  22. Anonymous Member

one of my next rounds of tweets i'll reference lori & her twitter handle in regards to the forced disconnection from her kids....
    • Like Like x 1
  23. Rod Keller Member

• Like Like x 3
  24. Anonymous Member

• Like Like x 1
  25. Rod Keller Member

I like the idea. I think Lori is a good test case, since the "kids" are adults, and this is purely about disconnection, not custody. Also, they are not SO or staff. Disconnection includes friends as well as families. I think it would be best to start with families.
    • Like Like x 1
  26. tinfoilhatter Member

What would happen if every time we flag a scilon add, we put up a "reconnection" add? The lulz is making me tingle...
  27. Rod Keller Member

I think we should stick to the CL spam rules. I'm posting one ad per child every 48 hours.
    • Like Like x 1
  28. Rod Keller Member

Also check google, citysearch, yelp, yellow pages, foursquare, I forget the rest of them. Search "austin scientology"
  29. Anonymous Member

30. Rod Keller Member

I'm not sure that this is something people can do effectively while anonymous. I mean, they can be posted anonymously, but the person seeking reconnection and the disconnected Scientologist should have names. I think.
  31. Anonymous Member

Perhaps this is something requiring more thought? Maybe a think tank thread? IF the people willing to work on it have the time. I know some projects eat time, like the UBI and the craig's list ones. But i think this might be something worth doing, especially now that there is lots of bad publicity for CO$
  32. Anonymous Member

Awesome idea! The cult has Cindy Plahuta and Mishell Littles children also. The UK needs something like this also.:)
  33. JohnnyRUClear Member

The word is "ad", not "add". It's short for "advertisement".

FTR, I like the idea, but I don't use CL enough to have a strong opinion.
    • Like Like x 1
  34. tinfoilhatter Member

Sorry, i think that was a little subconscious self diagnosis...
  35. Rod Keller Member

36. Kimbayah Member

Not sure how I missed this thread, but thanks Rod. Bump.
  37. anon8109 Member

• Like Like x 1
  38. anon8109 Member