Customize

Los Gatos Feb 23 NOON-- GOLDEN AGE THEATER PRODUCTION

Discussion in 'USA - West Coast' started by rickybobby, Feb 20, 2013.

1. rickybobby Member

Tough Old Man: Hollywood's Golden Age Theater presents a touring production of a humorous play by L. Ron Hubbard. Feb. 23, 1 p.m. Free. Church of Scientology of Los Gatos, 650 Saratoga Ave., San Jose. 408-249-7400

PM me if you want more details.
    • Like Like x 2
  2. rickybobby Member

In case you are wondering, we are protesting, not attending.....
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Chipshotz Member

Looking forward to the post-raid reports.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. rickybobby Member

And hey, Moog/S2G/LM-- we will tell the red haired guy how much you miss him and he still has an offer for free hugs. Wonder if he would like a hug from a blue haired femanon?????????
    • Like Like x 5
  5. skeptic2girl Member

how could he resist??
    I know I can't! :)
    • Like Like x 1
  6. justaguy Member

Just got back from the Saratoga Ave. church protest. A good time was had by all. We got to talk two people out of attending the "play", have a nice chat with the San Jose PD (I wonder who called them?) and meet two new, to me, very cool anons. Hope to do it again real soon.
    • Like Like x 7
  7. SFOSABully Member

Great seeing you guys . Let's do it again soonest :)
    • Like Like x 2
  8. Any kind of Scientology presentation is guaranteed comedy gold.

8437270800_d0ff3345fe.jpg
  9. MOOG Member

[IMG]
    • Like Like x 5
  10. Anonymous Member

coxwUNB.jpg
    • Like Like x 5
  11. Fret Knot Member

They should have expected us. ;)
    • Like Like x 1
  12. rickybobby Member

Good raid was good!

Adho and I were first to arrive, and the doodoo heads had set up the production advertising sign out front by the driveway. Whilst I was watching the front door, I spied Adho down the sidewalk having an animated conversation with a pedestrian. Apparently, this fellow had seen the ad, had some time to kill, and was going to pop in and see the play, not really knowing that much about Scientology. After a little bit of sidewalk education complements of Mr. Adhocrat, he changed his mind. After an animated discussion about politics in general and the sorry state of current affairs in our country, he left.

As this was going on, some well-dressed late middle aged dude Sci muckety-muck drove up with a couple of other under-mucks, pulled in and got out of the car and started to walk toward the door. I started to yell my schtick-- something about David Miscavige living the lifestyle of a king, I think-- and apparently, this doofus is far up enough the bridge that he is not only allowed to LOOK at me, but SPEAK to me. His brilliant (and truthful) retort was that he couldn't hear me with the mask on. My girly little voice does not penetrate the plastic very well, I must admit. Undaunted and defiant, I raised my mask, took a deep breath, and repeated myself as loudly as I could manage. He heard me then. Yay! Score another point for the Anons!

Shortly after that, we were joined by Justaguy (Yay JUSTAGUY) , SFOSABully+1, and the real partying began. Sadly, there were several cars that came in. One carload of three older folk that looked Scn, and, unfortunately, a couple of families with kids. ICK. HATE IT WHEN THE KIDS GO IN. HATE IT. By that time, there were plenty of folk around to remind them of slave labor in the sea org, and the awful policy of disconnection.

As we were standing on the sidewalk with our signs, an older Asian lady with a sheepish look on her face approached us and pulled out her "ticket" to the production, and asked me "Do you think I should go?" I asked her if she knew anything about Scientology, and she said no. I said "you know-- Tom Cruise? That thing Katie escaped from?" And then, the light bulb came on in her head. I said "You can go, just don't give them your email or phone number or they will never leave you alone." She shook her head, and said "Oh no," turned around and left. One point for Katie, another point for Anons.

A few minutes later, I spotted another well dressed muckety-muck dudeman standing on the front porch, just staring at us with a cat/canary look as a few people came in. With my great Anon mind reading powers (I am SP3, after all), I thought, "Dude just called the po-po on us." Sure enough, shortly thereafter, as I was dancing (to no music but the music in my head, I might add) with my blue hair and ridiculous outfit, and marching down the sidewalk twirling the SCAM sign like an Anon majorette in a parade of one, up pulls the SJPD. Mr. SJPD gets out of the car and approaches us, trying not to smile at the ridiculousness of it all. He asked if we were using bullhorns, I say no, he says they are getting complaint calls from inside (DUH), and I say yes, officer, I am sure they do not like us protesting out here. SFOSABully lets him know we are being good boys and girls, and we understand the rules and are being lawful in our protests. He was very nice to us, and then went inside. For a loooong time. I don't know what lying shit they were spewing at him, but from his reaction when he came out, I don't think he bought their load of crap about being intimidated or whatever their story of the day was. After he came out, he was joined by a second Mr. PoPo, and they came out to us and asked us why we were protesting, and actually listened as we told them about child labor, fraud, disconnection, etc. I don't know if he was really interested, or was just trying to mollify the doofuses inside by looking like he was "talking" to us, but it didn't matter. They were nice, and got to hear Why We Protest. Yay! Anons score another point!

The highlight of the day for me was getting our picture taken with a piece of polished marble from Dublin 2012, complements of SFOSAbully (and Pete, of course). I was happy to get to meet you new (to me) guys, and enjoyed the great sidewalk fellowship. I would love to hear more of your stories; sounds like you have a few to tell!

TL;dr: We came, we protested, got a lot of honks and thumbs up from the cars going by, turned a couple of public away, yelled entheta at the Scns, SJPD was nice, had a great time, took our pics with a cool rock, and left. Had a great time swapping stories with a new anon, and some very experienced anons. WINNER.
    • Like Like x 16
  13. Anonymous Member

I hope someone got video of this ^^^^
    Can I hire you to write my raid reports? Then I can just make signs.
    • Like Like x 3
  14. skeptic2girl Member

The best part, for me, is you guys getting to warn people who would have gone in and then, believing you, they didn't. Completely worth your time. Well done! <3
    • Like Like x 3
  15. Fret Knot Member

It was a pleasure meeting you rickybobby. Your Katie sign is one of the best I've got to wave around in a long time. Look forward to more protests with you.

Am also looking forward to more protests with MOOG, skeptic2girl, and Sign Post as well. They'd recognize me better as JaceSan from our SF protests. :cool:
  16. justaguy Member

It was nice to meet you Fret, sorry I did not get your name. The highlight for me was the little, asian lady who thought the 5 people holding signs and wearing masks were part of the show. Rickybobby did a great job of warning her without flat out scaring the lady. I think adho was a little disappointed no one was going into see the play to give us a report.
    • Like Like x 1
  17. rickybobby Member

Ah, Thanks Fret!!!!!!!!! It was AWESOME meeting you, too! And credit goes to Sign Post for the signs. His signs put mine to shame.
    • Like Like x 1
  18. rickybobby Member

RhEnlQQl.jpg

PpJvdUhl.jpg

4TutVUol.jpg

sexrNhHl.jpg

bGgFMnll.jpg

3pClqgul.jpg

mAxnd3gl.jpg

PqnUnx5l.jpg

Forgot to report on the Bike Man. He stopped to interact with us as we were packing up, telling us of his proud invention of the bike with it's own fan following. He offered me a girl's version in blue. When I went to take his pic, he covered his face so he could be Anon, too.
    • Like Like x 7
  19. rickybobby Member

It's a good tradeoff-- I get to use your awesome signs, I gift you with my wordiness.
    • Like Like x 3
  20. Fret Knot Member

I thought I recognized the craftsmanship. The only sign I ever made got ruined after a couple of protests in the rain with Tommy. I fail at making signs, and need to work on that.

I've got an idea for a series of signs about John Travolta, but they might test the boundaries of what the police would call free speech. ;)
  21. Fret Knot Member

Hah! Definitely an old school Anon. :D
  22. Fret Knot Member

It was great meeting you too. Names are changed to protect the innocent. ;)
  23. rickybobby Member

I have decided on two things I have learned from Skeptic2G and Moog-- we need MUSIC and CHALKTECH. Anyone know if SJPD has a problem with either of those??????
    • Like Like x 1
  24. Anonymous Member

I did want the guy to go in, see the show, then tell us what happened, but telling him he would likely be the only non scientologist was the deciding factor. He had been thinking there might be 100 people. When I said it was more likely there;d be no more than 10, he was uneasy.

He drove by 15 minutes later and we talked some more (traffic is suitably heavy, long stoplights).

I've chalked before and we've also played music, with the StatCrashers having regular tunes (inc. Tunak). the SJ police have been less easy about it than SF, but so far so good.

I love that when the cult calls the cops, the cops get curious and ask us why we're there.
    They are good listeners.

A Movie is on the way
    • Like Like x 2
  25. RightOn Member

very nice indeed
  26. Any sign of John A and the SquiBs (damp or otherwise)?

Also, a great idea for music and dance for future raids - there's this crazy Bollywood dance number - think it might be called Tunak Tunak Tun or something - ask John about it :p
    • Like Like x 1
  27. rickybobby Member

Thanks for the suggestion.

No sign of John A. Will have to ask our resident videographer if he can ID some of the folks we saw. He knows them better than I.....
  28. Anonymous Member

Oh Hai Jace :cool: glad you're back.
  29. Here's a nice vid from 2008, rickybobby, featuring The (legendary) Godamn Pacman...

• Like Like x 3
  30. rickybobby Member

Nice!!!! Godamn Pacman.... WHERE ARE YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
  31. Anonymous Member

There was a Warlick sighting, but it was brief.

We retired Tunak when Pac left. No one has stepped up to lead it, so rather than give you an inferior product, we'll wait for a good Tunak man or woman to appear.
    here's a video

• Like Like x 2
  32. rickybobby Member

image.jpg
    • Like Like x 2
  33. rickybobby Member

Thanks for the vid! Awesome raid was awesome!!!!!!!!!
    • Like Like x 1
  34. Did he explain how the fan was powered and how it improved his bicycle performance?
  35. rickybobby Member

I did not catch that. It may have been purely decorative. He enjoyed the wordplay of having his own "Fan" following.
  36. Anonymous Member

I'm thinking it was his version of the autogyro
  37. rickybobby Member

Yout signs are awesome. We got a lot of mileage from using your signs. There is value to the signs being consistent an cohesive. Thank you!
    • Like Like x 1
  38. Awesome job, you guys.

Was bike guy crazy? Cuz he looks like it.
  39. Cindylou Member

Hello,
    I just joined and I live in the Campbell, CA area.
    Please let me know when there's another protest scheduled!
  40. MIB

Please "Flash Picket" at 12:00(noon) or 6pm-7pm M-S
    1308 L Ron Hubbard way, CA 90029

These are the times when the victims go outside for a minute.

Signs:
    FREE HUGS
    WE CARE ABOUT YOU
    Freedom of Speech and Religion
    Where is Shelley Miscavige?
    Medical? / Social Security? (Sea Org)

Say:
    Ron Miscavige - Book
    Jenna Miscavige - Book
    L Ron Hubbard jr. - Book
    Quentan Hubbard - Suicide
    Mary Sue Hubbard - Prison
    Where is Shelly Miscavige?
    Where is Heber Jentzsch?
    What happened to Alexander Jentzsch?
    Who killed Kyle Brennan in Clearwater?
    I didn't join Scientology to stop Freedom of Speech (this makes them think about why they joined)
    Idle Orgs, buying Real Estate for David Miscavige. Where is a Clear, where is an OT?
    Find out both sides, and decide for yourself - Youtube Scientology - Google Scientology
    Under what circumstances will Scientology not help you? (no money or questioning the church)
    Scientology Pro Abortion / Anit-Gay / and fights Freedom of speech.
    Calls in bomb-threats to this day. Has been for 40 years.
    Is it okay for a Sea Org member to assault people?
    David Miscavige assaulted 30 people with witnesses. Why is he still in the Sea Org?
    Why not have a 20 or 40 year contract? A Billion year contract is unenforceable! It's a Fake Contract.
    Wikipedia say the Sea Org does not exist as an Organization. Are you in the Sea org?

Your Rights: You have the Right to Assembly / Freedom of Speech

Don't:
    Block ingress or egress of parishioners or staff.
    Do not harass staff or public. Noise Pollution / Harassment / Menacing / Intimidation
    This group is seasoned;Will Lie, Distract, and have you arrested to the best of their ability.
    Be warned, Only the Determined need apply. They hire Talon Security, ex Sheriff (plain clothing)
    P.I. License #18180

Best Practices:
    Bring a camera to film your actions as well as theirs.
    Bring a friend to support you as a witness.
    Stand at the bottom of the street in front of the cafe and across the street from AOLA.
    Run a conversation between you and your friend, which covers the contents of your signs and what you would like to draw attention to in Scientology.

please repost this on your social media, or appropriate forum