Customize

LRH - > an LAPD Special Officer?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Anonymous, Apr 6, 2009.

1. Anonymous Member

LRH - > an LAPD Special Officer?

JSwift has nabbed this image from a CoS video.

Just the sort of image that anons are so good at dissecting for truth and great justice, methinks.

c3.jpg
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Ramona Member

Re: LRH - > an LAPD Special Officer?

I was just recently "listening" to a tape in which he off-handedly claimed this.
  3. Re: LRH - > an LAPD Special Officer?

Well, Hubbard was definitely "special"
    • Like Like x 1
  4. TinyDancer Member

If he was 36, that makes it about 1947. Badge no 2484. Shouldn't be too difficult to track down if you were in the LAPD...
  5. grokitt Member

Tiny-It appears to be 2424 on the card.

inxze9.jpg

Sharpened. ^^^

Did you find another source on the #?
  6. Ramona Member

Scilons! They're incorrigible! Nice work using a 1956 automobile, I think it's a Ford, instead of a 1946! Ha ha!
  7. Zak McKracken Member

He was a man way ahead of his time.
  8. grokitt Member

Okay, I suck. In Donald Keir's affidavit :

hubbard-id-la.gif

Doc above was used by Keir, along with others, to verify his fingerprints when settling his estate. There was no question of its validity during the case.

According the Gerry Armstrong(cached because the page wouldn't load), Hubbard claimed that he was working for the LAPD and the US NAVY "break up the Parsons 'black magic ring" during this time.

My question would be WTF is/was a "special officer"? Some stuff here and there suggests that a "special officer" in LA would be airport police.

also found this image in a request on Ebay, but can't find the source of the image yet

f1f1_2.JPG
    • Like Like x 1
  9. FreakE420 Member

33922.jpg

33922-1.jpg
    • Like Like x 1
  10. stacycake2009 Member

Who was 24 in 1984?
  11. Anonymous Member

Looks like 2484 to me.
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Buttons Member

Forsetti where are you? Any insight?
  13. Anonymous Member

looks like this says 1948 not 1947
  14. mrfyde Member

do we have copies of LRon's fingerprints from those letters in the 80's to see if they match ?

Edit because it appears I can't read:
    So unless fingerprints are part of LRonJr's pay off its probly' real
  15. ryangiggs Member

I've heard about FreakE's legendary shoop skills.
    I was thinking pic at top of thread.
    "Thetan Buster" card. Stretched cop car = ghostbuster's vehicle. etc. etc.
  16. grokitt Member

Yes, I know. I suck cocks. See two posts below my original. The "Special Officer" doc was used for fingerprint analysis in settling Elron's estate. Clearly 2484.
  17. skollie Member

18. Anonymous Member

That requires going to OCMB. ick
  19. LocalSP Member

The Car is a 58 chevy
  20. Anonymous Member

Can't quite read the text but it says the appointment was made "...under and by virtue of the authority vested in me by Section 199, Article XIX of the Charter of the City of Los Angeles effective July 1, 1925 (?) and the ordinances of said City..." Anyone with sharper eyesight or image?
  21. grokitt Member

No sharper image, but I blew it up a little. (don't trust me, 8's look like 2's to me)

Appears to say:

This is to CERTIFY, that under and by virtue of the authority vested in my by section 199, Article XIX, of the Charter of the City of Los Angeles, effective Jul1 1 192?, and the Ordinance of ??? City, I do hereby appoint Lafayette Ronald Hubbard as a SPecial Officer for Metropolitan Det. Agency (Detective Agency) by whom this certificate will be returned to the Police Department in the event the certified leaves employ or is no longer acting in the capacity for which this ?????? effective 1-7-4? to serve as my pleasure? and ???? the City

Appointment approved ????? Chief of Police
    1-7-48 Board of Police COmmissioners
    Form 2.21 Illegible signature Secretary

From the posts on OCMB and other locations it looks like this was basically a security guard gig. He didn't work for the LAPD, though the LAPD issued the license. He worked for the Metropolitan Detective Agency. No hard dox on that, but what little I've seen so far would suggest it.

Edit: Found the source for the Ebay image/badge picture. Comes directly from the (Scn site)Co$.
  22. skollie Member

Clarence B. Horrall was the Chief of Police in 1948. Did he have any connections to COS?
  23. FreakE420 Member

c3-Copy-Copy.jpg
    • Like Like x 2
  24. lothar Member

Car is irrelevant to this police ID. It is from some scilon video (it appears). Quit talking about 57 chevy.

It definately says 2484 in the fill two-side image.

It also says Metropolitan Det. Agency in the bottom half, and on the top half...
    Metropolitan L (5) ???

One thing to double check is residence at the time of Jan 1948. Was it known to be 8250 Lombastic ??? whatever.

What does "Special Officer" mean? It could be like a contractor for special investigations. Has anyone ever written a book on LRH as a Detective at LAPD
  25. Anonymous Member

CHARTER OF THE CITY OF LOS ANGELES

As Adopted January, 1889

Amended April, 1913

ie. The above is the previous Charter. Below is the Charter that commenced in 1925, but is consolidated to 1997.

CHARTER OF THE CITY OF LOS ANGELES

ADOPTED JANUARY 25, 1925

Consolidated to APRIL 8, 1997

American Legal Publishing - Online Library

In short, the provision referred to in the card is probably correct, although I haven't located the precise provision as at 1947-48.
  26. Anonymous Member

Need a hug?
  27. ryangiggs Member

LOL. Nice one FreakE. Made my day.
    Why aren't you working for Marketing at Gold? :D
  28. Anonymous Member

#2484 for sure.
  29. Kilia Member

I read that to be: 8250 Lankersheim (Blvd)
  30. ALLANON Member

Knowing Hubbard, he was a ride along, for ONE day, and hung onto the badge because he's a devious fuck and knew he could milk the technicality.
  31. Zak McKracken Member

not tooo implausible, but 8250 Lankershim (per google) is commercial/light industry. As of 2009, they sell Maytag appliances.

Circa 1948, probably about the same. Moderately seedy neighborhood. Hubbard never lived there, but he could have used it as a [strike]magickal research laboratory[/strike] mail drop.
  32. Anonymous Member

33. BigBeard Member

Okay, some quick digging finds the City of LA contracts with various civilian agencies, e.g., Metropolitan Detective Agency in Hubbard's day, to provide security at various city facilities. The idea being it would free up sworn officers for more important tasks.

These security personnel were employees of the contracted agency, not the City of LA, but were required to obtain an 'LAPD Special Officer's Permit' and wear a prescribed uniform (gray, not LAPD blue) when on guard duty.

A bit about the 'LAPD Special Officer's Permit' can be found here:

- official website of THE LOS ANGELES POLICE DEPARTMENT

In short, all ElRon's 'LAPD Special Officer's Permit' proves is that he was a "Rent-a-Cop" provided to the City of LA by the Metropolitan Detective Agency for some period of time. Any claims beyond that are pure embelishment by ElRon and/or Cof$.

Oh! Almost forgot...that badge and ID card were supposed to be turned back in to the LAPD whenever employment in that position terminated. No idea what the badge is doing on eBay.

BigBeard
  34. lothar Member

LAPD issues these "Special Officer" cards for anyone doing community policing or stuff like security/ rent-a-cop of the time.

Elron worked for Metropolitan Detective Agency.

The card is further legitimized by the Coroner's report:
    Coroner Report: L. Ron Hubbard (Sheriff’s Office Supplementary Report) : Refund and Reparation
    (Though OG kooks might have theories about how coroner was space alien working for FBI)

Scan of Coroner Report is here:
    http://www.xenu.net/archive/hubbardcoroner/hubbard07.png
  35. lothar Member

Not really directly related, but Metro. Det. Agency appears to have mostly existed in Chicago and Cleveland. I can't find any internet hits on Los Angeles that doesn't involve Elron. I think the company existed for decades.

THis was interesting:
    What's My Line
    Season 9, Episode 47 – Aired: 7/20/1958
  36. Anonymous Member

tl;dr but interesting when you stop to think that these conditions apply to all the CoS Street Patrol Officers in LA and, presumably, something similar applies in Riverside to Little Danny Dunagin (sp?)
  37. Anonymous Member

^^^ All of which brings me back to the original photo and what is false and misleading about it is in fact the placement of the police vehicle. The card itself does not state LAPD.

c3.jpg

Must remember to ask Andy Knapp if he has a special officer card like LRH. ;)
  38. Anonymous Member

Um, the Special Officer card was signed by the police chief... Totally not related at all to LAPD, huh? Oh and car was wrong decade. Do you think possibly a still from a scilon produced movie also does not give context. I'm sure the transcripts will show lots more distortions. But sure, get all butthurt over this one still frame photo. Good jorb.
  39. Anonymous Member

Do the words Los Angeles look shoped on or added onto the origional to anybody else ?
  40. Anonymous Member

I hate you. Seriously, can you even read. No, this was not shooped. No, the '58 Chevy next to an ID card from 1948 doesn't have LAPD added. No, LRH didn't drive around in a police car from the future.