Customize

LRH - > an LAPD Special Officer?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Anonymous, Apr 6, 2009.

1. Anonymous Member

Re: LRH - > an LAPD Special Officer?

Read this.

Now, granted that the prohibition is against a person misrepresenting themselves or another (impliedly - in the present) and it does not apply to this matter (you can untwist your undies) - can you not see that the placement of the car alongside the card in the video - oh, and what does the voiceover say, out of interest? - was a "device calculated to induce a false or mistaken belief that he is acting or purporting to act on behalf of the Police Department of this city within the scope of any real or purported duty thereof"?

Meaning, if LRH were alive and they tried this malarky suggesting that he was still a "Los Angeles Special Officer", they could be in the poo.

Just saying.
  2. TinyDancer Member

Calm down.

He/she asked a legitimate question. Not all of us are sufficiently familiar with cars to be able to pick that the vehicle is a decade late. You've done good work here. Don't fuck it up.
  3. stacycake2009 Member

When cherry picking for numbers, it seems people will half the time choose fairly random numbers. The other numbers are played with in the persons mind.
    Which half is the more random?
    1-7-1948, 1-7-1946
    1946 Ford
    58 chevy
    Numbers can be fun because the are always numbers, 1 = 1, always.
    If you claim the car is a 1946 while it is a 1958, there is either a problem with the facts or the claim. On the other hand, who want to shift through tons of LRH hype looking for claims, then go matching it with facts and numbers. That would so John Nash lol.
    If you see the same numbers jumping out at you all the time, with reoccurring themes you might be onto something. One of the themes for LRH is that, every thing he touches turns to gold in the Scientology versions, while in reality it turns to dust or dies.
  4. NotMike Member

Try & tell that to a Scientologist.
  5. Anonymous Member

He didn't just not drive a police car from the future. He didn't drive a police car at all, if the regulations above are correct he wasn't allowed to use red lights on his car - if he had one.
  6. Anonymous Member

Hubbard was arrested for petty theft in august 1948. I wonder if he could have been removed from his position because of it
  7. Anonymous Member

Note that by the date of his arrest, 17 August 1948, he claimed his occupation as "author".
  8. mrfyde Member

Sorry I asked the shop'd question. It looked a little funny like it had be clipped and added to the card with a copy machine.

May I ask why you think a fake ID (or a real fake cop ID) from over 60 years ago is so relevant that it can get you upset like this ? (PS Hubbard is dead and he likely wasn't the youngest eagle scout either)
  9. Anonylemmi Member

Waiters in Hollywood claim to be actors.
  10. Zak McKracken Member

Good point.
    Why does anyone still care about this guy, and his stupid ideas?
    ITT: I propose we stop waging this pointless war, and go back to picking on furries

/chanology
    /ragequit4lyfe
  11. Suzette Member

He was a security guard.
  12. mrfyde Member

The point was its not about scientology, Everyone knows hubbard was a liar. He couldn't tell what was real and what wasn't. 1947 is the same year he wrote to the government and begged for psych help because he knew he was going crazy.

Edit:
    J.Swift had 1947 in OP looks like a type-o the card is from 1948
  13. Herro Member

So is this like when kids visit the police station and they all get "junior detective" badges?
  14. Optimisticate Member

L. Ron Hubbard - SP(ecial) Officer

We all know the man lied often and regularly. No one but a current scientologist (and fox news) believes this crap.

Oh, and I have a backstage pass from a Motley Crue concert in 1982. I'M IN THE BAND! I'M IN THE BAND!
  15. Suzette Member

No actually, kids are cute and everybody likes them.
  16. lothar Member

Can someone explain why this thread is still going on.

This Special Officer ID appears to be real or at least the overwhelming evidence (coronor's report, fingerprint, etc) point to this being real. Considering Elron only briefly mentions "working with police" and didn't brag about being on the LAPD force, (given his propensity to exaggerate) is even more staggering.

If you read the scientology official page on this, they dont even exaggerate and talk about what a Special Officer was and that it was for security, private company stuff.

If you are suggesting one shoop showing a police car next to this badge in some video is outrageous... I just don't understand the big deal, so some cult puts together some images 20 years after their demigod died showing his security guard license from 70 years ago. I really fail to see why this is unbelieveable.

FACT: Elron had the police chief sign off on his security license and he carried his Colt 45 around on the street when working for Metro. Det Agency in the late 40s.
  17. TomVorm Member

Hubbaard's "magickal partner" Jack Parsons also had a "special" relationship with the LAPD.

In the late 1930's, Jack Parsons provided expert testimony on the chemical makeup of explosives involving defendant Earl Kynette (a mayoral crony accused in the pipe bombing of the car of an ex-LAPD detective-turned-private eye Harry Raymond). Parsons' "special" police relationships helped him later, when complaints filed (by involuntary adolescent participants in "sexual magic" OTO ceremonies) were swept under the rug by the Pasadena police in 1944.
  18. stacycake2009 Member

Having Special Officer tacked on anybodies resume would be a useful qualification. Be scripted into the navy might give some qualifications for a position as a security officer. If he was on the job, for ho long did it take the employer to fire Hubbard for alcohol abuse?
  19. the_cloak Member

Given the cults long history of police impersonation, this doesn't surprise me in the least.
  20. Anonymous Member

Hubbard tells many stories about being a cop type in the past. He always tells his stories like he walked a beat but NEVER a story about being in a car.
  21. ARC Member

Hubbard's life is highly relevant to a Scientologist. This is one of those things which wasn't embellished that much. Now that the investigation is complete, can we leave the thread alone and not derail it?

Thanks.
  22. parvent Member

At the age of 36 he was 196 pounds, doesn't that seem a little fat for a guy who stole the girlfriend of rocket scientist Jack Parsons, namely Sarah Northrup?

psych.gif

It looks like at the same time he was serving at the elite Los Angeles Police Department Metro division, he was pleading with the Veterans Administration to help him: "I am utterly unable to approach anything like my own competence." And, he goes on to plead for psychiatric help.

Is that the Hubbard we know?
    • Like Like x 1
  23. the_cloak Member

The very one we know and love.
  24. lothar Member

One final comment that occurs to me is that it is possible LRH did not exaggerate this story too much and it isn't hugely promote as LAPD Elron because the later scilon beliefs that gov't is bad, FBI is out to get him, police are all trying to frame him. So, it would be counter productive to push a liar mythology about his "Police" badge.
  25. DeathHamster Member

I don't think that they're even that. Just California-licensed security guards. (Some of them, at least.)
  26. parvent Member

What probably happened was when the Veterans Administration received Hubbard's letter they forwarded it on to the vocational rehabilitation administrator. This administrator looked at the letter - the part where he couldn't approach his own competence - and thought "Los Angeles Police Department."

When he read the part of the letter that mentioned the need for psychiatric help and suicidal thoughts, the administrator said "voila! the elite Los Angeles Police Department Metro division!"
  27. FreakE420 Member

69-x.jpg
    • Like Like x 1
  28. DeathHamster Member

That's assuming that he wasn't already shit-canned for doing the security guard equivalent of shelling Mexican goats. Unless he was under direct supervision at all times, his habit of pretending to authority that he didn't have and going wild would have caught up with him eventually.
  29. parvent Member

Special officer 2484 Los Angeles Police
    It was January 1948 when Ron commenced his duties as a Special Officer. Although his employer of record was the Metropolitan Detective Agency, his ultimate license came from LAPD; for only the department possessed the authority to determine who was “fit and proper” to serve. Nor was that authority in any way a rubber stamp, for as Los Angeles Police Chief W. H. Parker had declared, “You can’t be too tough when you give a man a badge and allow him to carry a gun.” Moreover, no Los Angeles police officer could walk a more challenging beat, i.e., the notorious Central Division in what is still the city’s dark heart.
    http://www.lronhubbard.org/p_jpg/human/respect4.htm

hubbard-id-la.gif

Problem is, Police Chief W.H. Parker didn't become Chief until 1950, two chiefs after
    Clemence B. Horrall who appears to have signed Hubbard's security guard ID card, January 7, 1948.
    • Like Like x 2
  30. Anonymous Member

The principle is accurate though. I wouldn't take issue with what is claimed here.
  31. parvent Member

The point I wanted to make is that although the Scilons want to paint Hubbard as an LAPD officer, in fact he was a security guard, and as such, was only licensed and regulated by the LAPD. This ID card--with his personal Roscoe home address--was in fact for presentation to the police.
  32. stacycake2009 Member

Why bother going around the bush over a supposed fact. The supposed fact being that Hubbard was a Security Guard or a Special Officer, while nothing creditable has been presented to support this claim.
  33. snakeyes Member

jesus, we need to start keeping track of Hubbard's stories.

let's see...he was:

A war hero
    A reincarnated Buddha
    Some type of official blood brother indian
    From another planet
    Founder of the most revolutionary science known to man
    An engineer and a physicist

and whatever other bullshit I'm missing. Christ, I still cannot believe there are around 25,000 people who were sucked into this bullshit.
    • Like Like x 1
  34. DeathHamster Member

Ha! It wouldn't be the first time.
    Heh. Almost as if?
  35. SeenTheLight Member

[IMG]
    • Like Like x 2
  36. PresidentShaw Member

just call that agency's non emergency phone number and talk to the dispatchers. Badge numbers are public record and they have to let you know who it belongs to, at least their last name.
    • Like Like x 1
  37. SeenTheLight Member

• Like Like x 1
  38. It is LRH's security guard badge # from 1948.
  39. Anonymous Member

Special Officers ride the special police bus?
    [IMG]
    • Like Like x 1
  40. This is a rare 1948 photo of LRH in his security guard uniform:
    [IMG]
    Published for the first time in this fabulous new book:
    RonImagesLifetime.jpg