Customize

Make Green Voices Heard During Iran Film Series at AMPAS HQ in L.A. This Week!

Discussion in 'Protest Advice' started by TheMadKingII, Oct 11, 2009.

1. To All Concerned, As many of you may know, the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences is holding an Iranian film retrospective with screenings and panels discussions with eight visiting Iranian film artists now in L.A. There would have been ten, but famed actress Fatemeh Motamed-Aria and documentarian Mojtaba Mirtahmasb wre barred by the regime's goon squads at Khomeini Airport from leaving the country with their film compatriots.

Movie Makers Barred From Leaving Iran for AMPAS LA Film Series

That was the news you may now know. It was reported on ABC News. Now I may be American, but don't forget we had our own revolution to overthrow tyranny ourselves. We real Americans DESPISE tyrannies like the Ahmie and Khamie Basiji Show. So this is my suggestion to help make your Green voices heard in the news when so little of it is happening today, and even being overshadowed by the news from Iran of even more innocent Greens about to be executed. Also keep in mind that there will be a great many reporters and cameras covering these remaining two Iran film events at AMPAS HQ on Thursday and Friday. Here is the schedule, location and ticket availability:

Iranian Filmmakers to Take Academy Stage | Press Release | The Academy

Here is a brief summary of those upcoming events.

Screenings at the Academy’s Linwood Dunn Theater:

Thursday, October 15, at 7 p.m.

“The Mother” (1991), 108 minutes

Followed by a discussion with actor Amin Tarokh.

“Havana File” (2006), 94 minutes

Followed by a discussion with director Alireza Raisian and screenwriter Farhad Tohidi.

Friday, October 16, at 7 p.m.

“Gilaneh” (2005), 84 minutes

Followed by a discussion with co-writer and co-director Rakhshan Bani Etemad and actress Fatemah Motamed-Aria.

“7:05 P.M.” (2009), 90 minutes

Followed by a discussion with director Mohammad Mehdi Asgarpour and screenwriter Farhad Tohidi.

I would even suggest that if there are still tickets left, some of you who speak Farsi go inside and challenge the Iranian filmmakers IN FARSI to tell you the truth of Iran. Press them about Neda Soltan and Kaveh Alipour. About the tortured confessions of Green protesters on state TV. Hell, even ask them if they want political asylum right there on stage! Bet you'll get at least one yes. Would YOU want to go back to Iran right now if you were them? And you can rally out in the streets at the same time! See what I mean? Hollywood is all about the possibilities, My Fellow Americans Who Just Happen To Be Iranian :)

I see GREAT opportunities here on both nights to make Green voices heard loud and clear. Remember the executed innocents! Remember Neda! Kaveh Alipour! The stolen elections! Shout your support for Fatemeh, Motjaba, Mousavi and the Greens! Down, Down, Diktator! All in front of major national press coverage for the AMPAS film series, right at the Academy's headquarters! This IS an Iranian event with Iran's top filmmakers participating. How much more public and Iranian could it get?

I leave it to you all to coordinate if you believe, as I do, that these last two screenings at AMPAS HQ are GREAT opportunities to make your voices heard. The more that show up in force, the more press will come. FYI. Best of Luck!

PS So you know, you wouldn't be the first to protest at that location. It has been done many times before. Here is a link to others who protested an Academy event in January, FYI:

JFActivist: Action Alert: Protest of Jerry Lewis Award at Oscars

They knew the press coverage would be there. And now, so do you ;-)