Customize

"Making a killing" interviewee listing MEGATHREAD

Discussion in 'Projects' started by anon1mous, Nov 20, 2008.

1. anon1mous Member

"Making a killing" interviewee listing MEGATHREAD

[Note: For initial discussion that lead up to this, see this thread: http://forums.whyweprotest.net/15-m...-scilon-cchr-vid-do-nao-making-killing-32188/]

Recently, Scientology has released a "documentary" under CCHR, called "Making a killing". The documentary is available in 10 parts here:
    Now for the good stuff. This is a list the first instances of ALL interviewees whose names were shown (they have lots of nameless "psychiatrists" interviewed too). I have bolded ones of particular interest, greened potential "GOOD" contacts, and [STRIKE]stricken out[/STRIKE] "BAD" contacts:
    Now this is just a SAMPLE, but an example harpoon which could be sent could read something like this:

I've done my part. I leave the rest to you.
  2. Re: "Making a killing" interviewee listing MEGATHREAD

*MWAH* you rock my v. small world. instead of watching these gawdawful videos, i can just do my research from your list! I'm almost done 1 & 2!
  3. Re: "Making a killing" interviewee listing MEGATHREAD

ok, i'm being dragged off to bed, but i have some sort of reference or contact info for most of the people through vids 1, 2 and the first 1/2 of 3.

yay!!
  4. anon1mous Member

Re: "Making a killing" interviewee listing MEGATHREAD

If anyone ends up posting any email addresses here, please remember to format them in a way that scraping spambots won't find them (or they won't even get to see our message!)

i.e. mudkipm {AT} normandy {DAWT} com
  5. aNONanon Member

Maybe include this in emails to psychs?

6. DiaSciRev Member

Uh, Thomas Szasz is the co-founder of CCHR. If you're gonna harpoon him, keep that in mind.
  7. EastAnon Member

The person who put up the videos on YT was apparently unaware of the CCHR = Scientology connection. Look in the comments under Pt 7.

Download nao if you need them backed up!
  8. Ann O'Nymous Member

OP is great. May I suggest:
    - To move this thread to the "Front groups" sub-forum were all other videos fact-checked are.
    - To fact-check these people for known connection to scientologogy or its front groups. The connections should be mentioned in the OP, IMHO. Contacting these people with connection is a waste of time, IMHO. It is much more efficient to concentrate on those without know connection.

Keep on the good work.
  9. anon1mous Member

I agree for the non-bolded names. However, all psychiatrists or psychologists are instantly ostracized and condemned by Scientology (nothing unites like a common enemy), which means that most of the bolded names can safely be assumed to not be Scientologists.

I can't think of a reason why any psychiatrist or university professor would knowingly associate themselves with underhanded tactics to discredit their own field. That is why I'm quite certain that the bolded names are safe to contact, and will probably be sympathetic to the cause.
  10. moarxenu Member

This is good advice. We need to google search these folks. Some are critics of certain aspects of psychiatry but affirm its basic usefulness. Others, as you say, think that the whole thing is fraudulent, like Thomas Szasz, who is well-known figure.
  11. Top Grunge Member

add info to OP as necessary:

Pamela Seefeld: Scilon or super Scilon friend LOST CAUSE.
    Mike Adams - famous health person Health Ranger Homepage
    also see: Modern Psychiatry (comic) to see comments by him and a cartoon, this guy is either a Scilon or totally agrees with them on health issues LOST CAUSE.

heres where I read other people are starting on the top so I'll start bottom up.

Dr. Charles Ray Jones - a doctor who has been dealing with problems with his practice of treatment of lyme disease in children. Seems like a pretty good guy and might not be in with Scilons. Fax number: (203)-772-0682 GOOD CONTACT

Dr. Jerome Kassirer - doesn't like big Pharm, but no other ties found.
    Phone: (617) 636-6523
    Email : jerome.kassirer{AT}tufts.edu GOOD CONTACT!
  12. anon1mous Member

OP updated. Keep the good stuff coming!

P.S. EastAnon, thanks for contacting the OP of the video. Looking at his other videos, he didn't seem like the type to intentionally propagate this type of thing.

Maybe we can turn this into an even bigger win by finding an exhaustive anti-sci video to replace the existing videos with, to send to OP of the video? Anybody got a suggestion?
  13. anonymous451 Member

Unfortunately this is not the case. Associating knowingly with the cult is not a choice they will have consciously made. They will have been approached and recruited specifically to be used.
  14. Re: "Making a killing" interviewee listing MEGATHREAD

Yup, I was going to post that as well. Thomas Szasz is a psychiatrist, but obviously isn't in line with most of his peers...hence, starting CCHR. There's a woman in there listed as a registered pharmacist - turns out she's also medical director of CCHR. My list is at home, but I'm going to finish it up tonight & pm it over to OP for integration...
  15. moarxenu Member

Thomas Szasz is the Founding Commissioner of CCHR.

Complete list of the Board is on their site:

Scfifag Site Warning!

Board of Advisors - Citizens Commission on Human Rights

There are a lot of psychologists and doctors on the Board of Advisors.
  16. nomnompie Member

17. Ann O'Nymous Member

18. firebug Member

part 9
    Ann Y. Coxon, M.B., B.S., neurologist practicing in Harley Street, London, UK CCHR's Board of Advisors

part 8
    Mary Ann Block, D.O., licensed osteopathic physician, medical director of The Block Center in Dallas, Texas, U.S. CCHR's Board of Advisors

part 7
    Julian Whitaker, M.D., is the founder of the Whitaker Wellness Center in California and a popular speaker and lecturer. Dr. Whitaker is the author of the widely read newsletter Health and Healing, U.S. CCHR's Board of Advisors

part 6
    Steve Plog, founder and CEO of the Results Project, U.S. CCHR's Board of Advisors
    Beth Clay, president BCGA International, LLC, an integral health consulting and government relations firm, U.S. CCHR's Board of Advisors

part 5
    James Chappell, D.C., N.D., Ph.D., doctor of chiropractic, naturopathic doctor, clinical nutritionist and author of the book, A Promise Made, A Promise Kept: Son’s Quest for the Cause and Cure of Diabetes, U.S.CCHR's Board of Advisors

part 1
    Gwen Olsen, former pharmaceutical company sales representative and author of the book, Confessions of an Rx Drug Pusher – God’s Call to Loving Arms, U.S CCHR's Board of Advisors
    David Stein, professor of criminal justice at Virginia State University, U.S. CCHR's Board of Advisors
  19. Silent Member

Ok, did some research on "Bryan Hubbard"

SCILON CHECK: NEGATIVE

He does some writing about science, health and spirituality, along with his wife, Lynne McTaggart ( Lynne McTaggart - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia ), see about their common projects here: Lynne McTaggart | Living the Field

he and his missus are definately into some alternative stuff, but I see no scilon connection, and thus he should be contacted.

Lynne might be contactable through her ning: http://theintentionexperiment.ning.com/profile/LynneMcTaggart
  20. anon1mous Member

Ok, OP updated. At this point, all we're looking for is a yay (yes, look into contacting this person, appears to be clean) or nay (has a conflict of interest relationship to CCHR/Scn), based on the information available.

Also, please check all names against this database, so we can know if they've ever stepped foot in a Scientology mission or org. For every name, please have a Scilon Check: Affirmative or Scilon Check: Negative so I know that the database has been checked.

Once all of the names are either stricken out or made green, I will individually email each one of them.
  21. skidmark Member

This one stuck out to me:

Stephen McCrea - Court Apointed Child Advocate (9:05)

Normally these people are "concerned volunteer citizens" who pledge 10 hours a month to work with families in need so that they can get the public assistance available. Stuff like filling out paperwork, making sure they are on a low income grocery assistance, attending court and making sure that the kids in the family are getting what they need.

These folks normally have no other accreditation other than being able to pass a felony background check. Without watching the video, I'm leaning heavily towards this dude being a scilon chosen by the committee.
  22. Top Grunge Member

Part 9:

3 more....

Dr. Jonathan Wright : NEGATIVE (but shares their views on treatment) YAY

http://www.infrasmart.eu/News/Research4.pdf
    nice article he talks about CoS researchers...haha, thats funny, this man needs info.
    Link to article where this man supports CoS sauna treatments. NAY!

Gary Gohls: Doesn't show up anywhere on my internets. Fake? NAY!

Grace Jackson: NEGATIVE , YAY she has been quoted here: Psychiatry, Tom Cruise and Scientology

in a super CCHR ad piece. She does not like drugs evidently, but is used by CoS a lot for quoting it seems.
  23. Silent Member

Genita Petralli
    Scifag Check: Not a scifag.

Supports ending poverty ( Genita Petralli - ZeroPoverty.US Malibu (Malibu, CA) - Meetup.com ), Writes books on alchoholism, alt. medicine ect.

Critical to psychiatry, but not insane/scifag.

from Genita Petralli H.H.P., N.C., M.H., author of "Alcoholism: The Cause & The Cure", would like to be interviewed on Inside Success Radio "Ms. Petralli is a licensed Holistic Healthcare Practitioner, Nutritional Consultant and Master Herbalist"

She should be contacted!

Contact details & practitioner info:

Genita Petralli
    AAAA-The 101 Program
    600 Kresge Court
    Santa Cruz, CA 95064 USA
    Phone: (831) 440-8686
    Email: clients [@] the101program [.] com
    Website: Alcoholism Treatment an Alternative Alcohol Addiction Treatment Program
    Type of Practitioner: Alcohol detoxification, Neurochemical rebalancing, Addictive Biochemisty - alcohol, psychiatric prescription drugs, su
    Type of Treatments: Targeted Nutritional Therapy based on laboratory results, Dietary adjustments and Education, Cranical Electronic Stimulation, Biofeedback
    Prescribe or recommend Psychiatric drugs? No
    Opposed to psychiatric drugs
    Help take patients off Psychiatric drugs if they wish to do so? Yes
    We will help you get off psychiatric drugs.
    Types of clients served:
    All mental health distresses including addiction/addicative biochemisty.

Sauce: Find Practitioners
  24. Silent Member

25. AnonLover Member

is the OP on this fine thread updated so that all the ideal people to contact for confirmation are greened out?
  26. ScudMuffin Member

this is hot :D
  27. Silent Member

bump, OP, are you still with us?
  28. Oni Member

This whole thing is (going to be) wonderful.

It appears as if our beloved cult has a bottomless footmagazine.
  29. skoek Member

Got it covered. =)
  30. nomnompie Member

She has a link to narconon on her site at the bottom.
  31. moarxenu Member

Anon so fucking delivers.
  32. TinyDancer Member

This thread was going somewhere significant. Let's pick it up again.

Edit: OP PM'd.

Also: Hooked: Ethics, Medicine, and Pharma: Living Up to Worst Expectations: Scientology DVD, "Making a Killing"

What we need now is email addresses for all of the persons listed in the OP. At this stage, it would be useful to obtain email addresses even for those names crossed out as likely Scilons. We may contact them in a second stage.

Ultimately, I'd like to see a joint statement, or series of statements, by those who've been hoodwinked into involvement and their professional organisations.

So, researchanons to the keyboards!

When you have located contact info, please format the email in a way that won't be picked up by bots. eg. xyz [@] wwp [.] com

I shall update the OP to indicate that we have an email addy for the individual.
  33. TinyDancer Member

While an email addy is the most important info, here's the data I'm keeping in a database about each participant:

3224663276_970ae34742.jpg?v=0.jpg
  34. XenuLovesU Member

OP can scratch Shane Ellison (former Eli Lilly employee) off of the list of people to contact. The guy starts out sounding somewhat reasonable, then veers off into nutter land:

http://www.newswithviews.com/Ellison/shane19.htm
  35. TinyDancer Member

eg. 3224657372_195d7b48d5_o.jpg
    Personally, I'm willing to contact nutters.

Edit: [SIZE="5"]I think it's important to err on the side of inclusion.[/SIZE] Some people's beliefs about health may differ markedly from our own, or their mode of expression may be far from academic, but they may still choose not to associate themselves with the extreme positions of the CCHR as expressed in "Making a Killing".
  36. mbetz Member

I was at a CCHR protest today in Middletown, CT. I was able to use a civilan to sneak into cchr for me (I asked scilon for dvd and he said no. I asked again and mr police said "you got your answer and its no, nao leave!") and grab one. I also got a dvd called Psychiatry: an idustry of death. It came with this giant fucking book. I have some handouts they have too on different things. If anyone wants to see it, i can probobly get you a scan of the cover and booklet. (Note it will take a minute, i dont have a scanner but i will deliver) Do want? :eek:
  37. TinyDancer Member

Oh, yes. I think that material should be made available on wikileaks, actually. :)
  38. moarxenu Member

39. Silent Member

Dr. Gary Gohls - Physician is missspelled in OP.

His name is Dr. Gary Kohls

Here are his dox:

email: gkohls[AT]cpinternet.com

he is a family doctor in Buffalo: Gary Kohls, BUFFALO, MN - Family Doctor

He is associated with Every Church A Peace Church Which is a jesus-based organisation, where he offers seminars: Gary Kohls' TVSP Seminar - template announcement / registration

Dr. Kohls believes in "rational, neuroscience-based, non-drug treatment strategies that always involve unhurried psychoeducational psychotherapy." Which would make him opposed to psych drugs, but not a scifag.

In this interview:
    iHealthTube.com - Video Transcript - Are Antidepressants Effective for Children?
    he states that "The Citizen’s Commission on Human Rights, CCHR, and the website is cchr.org, has a number of wonderful videos and documents on this vary matter, about the school shooters."

I would say this means he is not a scifag, but thinks CCHR is good, because they, like him oppose psych drugs

It doesn't seem to me that he is aware of what thr CCHR really is.
  40. TinyDancer Member

From the church site: "Dr. Kohls is a family physician, a father and grandfather, a student of the history of fascism..."