Customize

"Making a killing" interviewee listing MEGATHREAD

Discussion in 'Projects' started by anon1mous, Nov 20, 2008.

1. auchraw Member

Re: "Making a killing" interviewee listing MEGATHREAD

I'm medically trained and completely sane (I swear) and I agree with almost everything this man says. So stop making personal decisions on irrelevant grounds and scratch him on again.

Edit: I see TinyDancer is of the same opinion. Or has come to the same practical conclusion.
  2. TinyDancer Member

I am not in a position to read each person's writings in any depth. So, I don't have a position as to whether or not I agree with the individuals. However, I recognise that there is plenty of scope for disagreement among educated and thoughtful people in this field.

I don't see why we shouldn't email everyone on the list - frankly. And see what we stir up.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Swarm Theory Member

Agreed.

You don't make dinner by avoiding herbs you think hate you.

Instead you make dinner as you wish and how you wish...

Have steel balls.

Make dinner.

Ignore doubts.

Are we men or are we yellow?
  4. tendervittles Member

CPinternet, eh? Could be a problem. </joke>

5. AnonLover Member

maybe PM skoek too...

he was supposedly doing some quiet journalistic followup as well to see if he could dig up another dissenting participant.
  6. JohnnyRUClear Member

Watching my way through this thing, I just had a "WTF" moment in part 5.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gbau2v_hQMs&feature=related"]YouTube - Part 5 of 10 Psychiatry - Making a Killing with Dr. Rima Laibow & G. Edward Griffen By CCHR[/ame]

Go to the 0:50 mark and listen to what the bereaved father says. Then remind yourself this is a Scientology production.
  7. JohnnyRUClear Member

Project inactive. Reactivate? [Y/N]
  8. Anonymous Member

New names from the "Special Feature" on the DVD titled "Psychiatry's prescription for violence":

Dr. Moira Dolan - Physician (4:30 and 10:54) OT VI SOLO NOTS
    Beverly Eakman PH.D - Executive Director "National Education Consortium" (9:39)
    Dr. Doris Rapp - Pediatrician (10:17)

Finding Moira Dolan in the completions database gave me a great "gotcha" feeling :)
    Feel free to try it yourself on the other names in the OP!
  9. Re: "Making a killing" interviewee listing MEGATHREAD

I think the accused in these videos should also have a voice since scientology lies so much, and they are so obviously fair gaming. I'v got a funny feeling there will be so many footbullets as per usual.

I hope this thread is bumped every thursday in the early afternoon est.
  10. Anonymous Member

In the video of david, leader of scientology knew how daft and nutty he sounds by talking about boobie trapping the psychiatric ego system, in order to destroy the system. If it were left up to him, psychopaths will be walking around free killing people
  11. Intelligence Member

I Found It - By Accident - Been Looking in spare time for 10 months!

Today I found the video that a Montreal COS member brought into Narconon Trois-Rivieres
    for the patients to watch. They played it on the 50" TV in the dining room. Many of us
    watched it. Then I found this thread at the top of the following Web Page when doing
    a search on who the hell made the video:
    http://bobfiddaman.blogspot.com/2010/09/making-killing-scientology-video-whos.html

Of course Narconon has nothing to do with Scientology,.., does it!

This one's gonna hurt.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Anonymous Member

Ima bump this thread because scientology/CCHR in Sydney AU have very recently mass-mailed this video to some prestigious law fraternity. I was speaking to one of these LawFags and asked how they had got their hands on the video. They informed me that the whole floor of LawFags had individually received them in the mail.
    Coincidence that the mail-out happened right around the time Jan Eastgate was charged with perverting the course of justice?
    Did scilons search through phone books to find LawFags to send CCHR shite to?

I'm not big on tin-foil faggotry or conspiracies, but when it comes to the cult of scientology there should be no surprise.
    • Like Like x 2
  13. anonsparrow Member

Interesting. Never defend, always attack methinks.
    • Like Like x 1
  14. moarxenu Member

This could come in very handy. One of the people interviewed by CCHR for Making a Killing was Dr. Howard Brody of the University of Texas Medical Campus. He is head of Medical Humanities. He is also a severe critic of pharmaceutical marketing practices and writes a blog called Hooked: Ethics, Medicine, and Pharma.

He posted a Public Announcement:

Some time ago I was asked by a group doing a documentary about problems with psychiatric drugs to do a filmed interview about my research into the drug industry, as summarized in HOOKED.

I was assured at that time that this was an independent project, despite the fact that the documentary group had ties to the Church of Scientology.

I subsequently became better educated about the many underhanded and dishonest methods used by Scientology to attack the practice of psychiatry and the use of psychotropic medications.

He asked CCHR to delete his interview, and they refused.

Then he did another post after he saw the DVD, Living Up To Worse Expectations. He made awesome observations and ends up by saying the DVD is a hatchet job on psychiatry:

Further notes I jotted down to myself while watching the video:

• The video discusses adverse reactions to psychotropic drugs without a single mention of any benefit. In the end it advocates "informed consent" which requires a balanced discussion of both benefits and risks.
    • Psychiatry is referred to constantly as "the psychiatric industry." If I did an expose of how orthopedists take a lot of money from device makers and have serious conflicts of interest, and I referred to the specialty of orthopedics as "the orthopedic industry," critics would immediately conclude that the film was terribly biased against the orthopods--and the critics would be right.
    • "Half of all people who commit suicide were on psychotropic drugs." Come on--the logical fallacy is obvious. Much more than half of all asthmatics who die of their disease were on anti-asthma drugs. Does that mean the drugs killed them? (In a few cases, apparently yes, but only in a very few.)
    • The DSM contains "hundreds of fictitious disorders invented by psychiatrists," and is a tool to label anyone on earth with a psychiatric diagnosis. Now the DSM may be deeply flawed, and probably is, but anyone making this charge has not read it. Any disorder in the DSM comes with a long list of exclusion criteria to assure that it is not applied to just anyone. From the few well-publicized cases of commercial "disease mongering" like "social phobia," the video generalizes to all psychiatry as fictitious.
    • Like Like x 4