Customize

[Mar 24, 2012] L. Ron Hubbard's Birthday (Toronto, Ontario)

Discussion in 'Planning' started by Floozy, Feb 24, 2012.

1. Floozy Member

• Like Like x 5
  2. Floozy Member

• Like Like x 1
  3. TorontosRoot Member

I should be able to make it to this one, now that it's on an odd day. The last weekend was screwed to the ground (person never showed up at costco and when they did, forgot their membership), it sucked. This time, hell yeah. I just need to have a new sign made as I accidentally through all three out while cleaning up shop. :eek:

CAN WE HAZ MOAR ANONS?

Thank goodness for Dollarama, i'll have a stiff one ready. Forget that megaphone, it's been broken. lulz.
  4. DeathHamster Member

Even Scientologists don't observe Hubbard's birthday on the exact day. They slide it to a weekend.
  5. TorontosRoot Member

Maybe a flash raid is being planned? A full-on protest usually happens on weekends. I'm down for a flash raid if that is the case.
  6. Floozy Member

weekend then??
  7. TorontosRoot Member

Yes. :)
  8. TorontosRoot Member

If we're to raid or protest in front of the hotel or convention centre, where would it be planned? I just hope the cops or security don't interfere or get us all arrested on that date. Hopefully it's on the weekend where it's being held, if at all. Saturday the 17th would be ideal. I'll have to do a bit of research into this and I might ask the cult by simply going up to the door if anyone is outside and interrogate. Recon is good if there is a location. I only hope it's not outside of toronto.

EDIT: It would be an asset if somebody could fake a non-canadian or american accent and appear to be british. I cannot keep a straight accent because it would break, i am not fluid with it. I could do texas style, but it does still keep my voice which gets me concerned.
  9. TorontosRoot Member

Update: Googled it to hell. Couldn't find any recent events. I'll be searching facebook for any upcoming events now.
  10. TorontosRoot Member

Dammit, no events in toronto or on facebook. Fuck. This sucks. I guess i'll search next week or every 3 days to see if anything pops up.
  11. Floozy Member

Flag is holding an event on the 10th (saturday), that would be broadcast to all CoS events worldwide, they are expecting COB who would be the MC, see Flag protest thread, ( protest at the event would be very perfect)

12. TorontosRoot Member

I'll ask if there's also one in toronto. If it's in the MCC, it'll be hard to protest near it due to the cops who might stop us. I don't know. But there must be a hotel in toronto they're gonna be at, either downtown or on bloor or yonge somewhere.
  13. DeathHamster Member

Previously, they've shipped out the event on DVDs to the orgs to be viewed the next weekend. (That allows them to tidy it up, edit out any sections of empty seats, etc.)

They've used John Bassett Theatre a few times, but that was years ago when they bussed in people from Buffalo to try to fill some seats.

https://groups.google.com/group/alt...q=John Bassett theatre&qt_g=Search this group
  14. TorontosRoot Member

If I end up forgetting to call and interrogate, could someone else do it? Would be interesting to find out if there will be anything big in toronto that we could raid. For great justice that is.
  15. TorontosRoot Member

Hmm, Nothing new accept for a few 2011 posts. But i'll check the MTCC's listings of events to confirm and then again on Monday and Tuesday through the week to see if anything does come up. Google and it's news section should pull stuff up.
  16. TorontosRoot Member

17. Floozy Member

good to know, thank you DH

(it would be great if we can get the location of the birthday event, day and time!)
  18. Anonymous Member

About the date of the birthday event celebration, be careful, because some of the orgs in the U.S. have altered their plans, and it's possible Toronto will too. As DeathHamster explained, they traditionally hold the event at most orgs on the week after recording the festivities at the original. That would put in on the 17th this year for you, but some cities are pushing it back further to Saturday the 24th.

Those that have moved it probably have done so because they don't want to compete with St. Patrick's Day festivities, but it's also possible there's an external reason for it too, e.g. Int Base wants an extra week to edit video stuff.

I have no idea if Toronto will follow suit in moving it to the 24th or not, just giving a heads up, because it appears it could be a possibility.
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Anonymous Member

We could protest the Org on the 17th and then the 24th when and if the event takes place on that date if those who want to come and take part show up.
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Floozy Member

21. TorontosRoot Member

Heheheehheheheheh.

Can't wait... Can the date be extended in this event until next saturday so people don't show up on tuesday?
    • Like Like x 1
  22. Floozy Member

23. TorontosRoot Member

Ohh this is gonna be so much fun!
    • Like Like x 2
  24. Floozy Member

[IMG]

Underwear Advertisement
    • Like Like x 1
  25. Floozy Member

26. TorontosRoot Member

But where is it? At Noor, the Org or somewhere else? :D
  27. Anonymous Member

28. Anonymous Member

Needs a solid location. Why don't the scilons actually tell people where it's held?
  29. Floozy Member

don't know what the problem is, I love this, does need some white strappy sandals

[IMG]
  30. TorontosRoot Member

It's damn hot! We've got to get some femanons in the next big protest.
    • Like Like x 1
  31. DeathHamster Member

Ummm. Never mind, continue digging.
    • Like Like x 1
  32. Floozy Member

lololol
  33. FYI, on LRH birthday, 13 Mar 2010, the International Justice Chief in Los Angeles authorized the SP Declare which led to me losing my dad. Its an awfully sick bday present for the founder.
    • Like Like x 6
  34. Floozy Member

floozy protest a lone anon, floozy, floozy has a sad,

$cientology Toronto 1 point, Anon 0 point

sigh, Cult-Infested Fail Hole
  35. Floozy Member

36. TorontosRoot Member

Floozy, we aren't going to leave it all to you to protest. I'm attending, scientologyhater is attending. DH has yet to verify if he is able to attend by tomorrow.
    • Like Like x 1
  37. Anonymous Member

Signs, Cameras, Flyers.
    Needs to be had, don't forget them!
  38. Floozy Member

• Like Like x 1
  39. TorontosRoot Member

Is anybody coming? At the second cup a block north of the Org before 12. Gotta make sure we show up and do this!
  40. TorontosRoot Member

Running late, didn't get time to make a sign on friday, thursday was an all-night to morning skype call with some buddies and a stranger, that ruined the time I could have made one.