Customize

Marcab Confederacy Uniform Patch

Discussion in 'Fliers & Pamphlets' started by photon, May 23, 2008.

1. exOT8Michael Member

Re: Marcab Federation Uniform Patch

There are glue-on Velchro patches at hardware stores that could be put around the edges so they don't curl up.
    Photon, I liek what you did.
  2. exOT8Michael Member

I had an idea for a shoop. How about Anons in GF masks surrounding the Dianetics volcano and putting it out with multiple fire hoses??

Anyone know how to do a brilliant job of this??
  3. Anon32167 Member

Wow, those patches are made of AWSUM and WIN!

Heh, we should start making "Marcab Confederacy" patches for our various divisions. I'm sure the Mudkipz Brigade (among others) would love the distinction.
  4. Se7en Member

Check here..
    Marcab Confederacy - Encyclopedia Dramatica
    We've already started
    About 3/4 the way down the page on the Right hand side
  5. Re: Marcab Federation Uniform Patch

Might I suggest you seal it with Perma-Seal and if you are not very good at sewing you can always use, Stitch Witchery instead, after sealing it.
  6. photon Member

If you're gonna use the Stitch Witchery stuff, just make sure its the adhesive kind. I can say with certainty that ironing these WILL ruin them.
  7. exOT8Michael Member

Iron-ic.

Marcab uniforms can stand up to laser phasers but not a steam iron. Yoiks.
    Now what?
  8. exanon Member

Hi Photon;

What are the dimensions of the patch? They look really big (to the point where it wouldn't fit on a arm?)

Also, can I order a special series of patches? I have certain bits of clothing that need certain different patches (including this hat I just bought...:p) and have the standard patch for the rest of the sheet. I'll happily pay for material costs and what not.
  9. photon Member

The patch is 4" x 3.5", they should easily fit on any arm. If you want to send me some stuff to print like this thats no problem, as long as I don't have to actually design them as my free time is bearing thin these couple of weeks.

Also, since, what you asking is basically a full sheet, even if they were cut out I still couldn't send it via regular post, so I would need to ship it. And thats all I'll ask you to pay for, I'm still not worrying about materials.
  10. exanon Member

Well, basically as much as you can send using regular post (I wanted to extra stuff to avoid wastage in terms of mailing out to Australia).

How many COULD you send?

I only need three personally.
  11. anon1917 Member

Okay, folks...

First off, it looks like the OP is using the vector version of the logo I posted a while back. Using this is NOT ADVISEABLE, as the space BG is not blurred, as it should be. I shall be editing this post, within an hour, with a link to the proper JPG (which is VERY large.)

Seondly- it's the marcab confederacy.

EDIT:
    Dammit! Searched the forums, and can't find the posted graphic... I shall have to re-upload from my home comp...
  12. photon Member

Read thread. I know now it is Marcab Confederacy, and that is what it is on the end result. I admitted my mistake with the first person who corrected me (which was like the 3rd or 4th reply) I just can't seem to edit the title.

And I really don't feel like responding to the rest right now. I just hope you're not as frustrated about this as you come off as in your post.
  13. photon Member

FYI

I sent out the first batch today. So anyone who has given me a place to send one (or as many as requested) up to this point has one in the mail on the way. Just thought I would let you all know.
  14. photon Member

Since its 72dpi, I would have to resize it (to 300) to print it, and that can make things look shitty. But I'll try sometime and see what happens.
  15. Re: Marcab Federation Uniform Patch

Nahhh... my experience is it will be very shitty. I'll see what I can do here and send it to you.

Thanks man.
  16. anon1917 Member

YAY- found the marcab confederacy image:

FreeImageHosting.net Hosting Service

A HUGE high-quality JPG can be downloaded here:

FileFactory.com - free file hosting

I was only cheesed off at myself, because I thought the image was available, freely- I fucked up.

Alla my gripes fail in the face of the grand patches you made. They are indeed marvelous.
  17. Anonereign Member

That is awesome. What's the step by step of what we need and how to make 'em?
  18. photon Member

Alright then, with my next period of free time I'll try to make a V2.0 with the better source.

Well if you just want one you can PM me and I'll send you one or a few. But if you want to know how I'm making these its with an Epson R2400 Photo printer, printing on a 13" roll of Epson photo canvas.

If you're asking how you can make these, which it sounds like you are, well... I can't really help you there. I'm sure theres some kind of range of special iron-transfer paper of printable fabric, but I'm not familiar with any of it.
  19. Rockonanon Member

Can you update the round one with the nice fonts? I'd like to see about throwing them into Denver's button mill.
  20. XtremeNL Member

How long would it take for one of those to get to europe? And Would you be able to print any 300dpi image?
  21. musketeerwang Member

Mine turned up in a couple of weeks, and it rocks. Thanks Photon!
  22. Gaius_Baltar Member

The patch arive today Photon.

Uber Danke.
    You sir have enough Pylons.
  23. photon Member

Glad to hear they are making it through the mail. One thing I'd like to ask is that when people give me their address please include the country since a lot have been going internationally. And regarding the question of mailing to Europe: I can send these anywhere the USPS will send mail.

Also, yes I can pretty much print anything at 300dpi (I COULD print at any other resolution, but any less looks shitty and any more is pointless, 300dpi is just the standard print resolution.)

Finally, like I said I would be, I am shit busy all this week. MAYBE it will ease up next, but its just a chance. So, sorry I haven't gotten to mailing out a second batch for those who have requested a patch since the first. I will make sure to at least do that soon, and I'll also probably be printing at least 2 more sheets (30 patches) as well.

Oh how I wish this next protest was AFTER the quarter ends.
  24. zomgtrap Member

You, good sir, win at life.
  25. photon Member

Since I'm already getting a sheet of other things people have asked me to print ready, I can add this to the sheet for you if you still want it.

Also, if anyone wants prints of the other Marcab devisions that are on ED let me know, theres still plenty of room for them to fit on this custom sheet.
  26. exanon Member

*hopes this arrives in the week!*
  27. LOLserker Member

Weird, I saw a patch like that at the bike show last week.

Bikers vs. Scientologists, now THAT's awesome.
  28. photon Member

So I'll trying to send out the next batch today. I'm just trying to organize things to make sure I don't forget anyone.
  29. A_nonchalant Member

Fixed. :alien:
  30. photon Member

Thanks,

Also, The post office closed before I could get to it, so I'll have to send things tomorrow. Hopefully they will arrive in time for the 15th. Sorry to disappoint anyone if they don't.
  31. zomgtrap Member

Re: Marcab Confederacy Uniform Patch

No worries here, photon. As long as it arrives by the DC march I'll be happy. =D
  32. exanon Member

Seeing as we're a day ahead (it's Thursday now), I'm starting to really doubt they'll arrive in time :(

Thanks anyway =)...they could have a use in future if there are any more Sea Org based protests!

EDIT for clarification: Send them anyway..still could have a use :D
  33. anonymiss Member

Made of win, Photon. :) They look amazing!
  34. AnonLover Member

35. photon Member

36. AnonLover Member

::nudgenudge:: nao plz? :flowers:
  37. Zidanon3165 Member

Absolutely they could have a use! The "Marcabian Confederacy" isn't a Sea Org exclusive thing. Insiders told us that the $cilons believed us to from the 4th or 5th Marcabian Invasion Fleet Months ago!

*IF* the patches happen to arrive today I'll be wanting to get one off you tommorow for sure!
  38. exanon Member

They didn't arrive today, unfortunately (it is Friday here).

But do keep up the awesome work xD
  39. photon Member

Sorry to hear that, wish I could have gotten them out earlier, but this week in particular has been intense for me. Anyway, by the end of next week I should be able to step things up, maybe earlier.