Customize

Mark Bunker - Scammer or salt of the earth good guy?

Discussion in 'News and Current Events' started by TerapinEd, Nov 1, 2014.

1. amaX Member

highfive_zpsd42bfed3.png
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  2. TrevAnon Member

Apart from Ortega's job at Raw Story he has his Underground bunker blog, which is IMHO is successfull and may well give him a nice income.

I don't think Mark Bunker makes much - if any - money from his own site. He hardly posts there. So I'd think he has a daytime job and only uses the fundraising to cover out of pocket costs for Knowledge Report. Which also could give an explanation for why it is taking time producing the movie: he has to do it in his spare time.
    • Like Like x 3
  3. The other things is Tony Ortega has written a book about Scientology. The last I recall, it is out to the publisher. I know publishers are very careful concerning when they release books depending on the rest of the books in their upcoming inventory, anticipated books by other publishers, the season, etc.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Random guy Member

Psst, Classie, your undies are showing.
  5. incog712 Member

Lol, a presumably by some, multi-billion dollar corporation, with no board of directors, no succession plan to follow the death, illness or imprisonment of it's "chairman". No viable product. Exponentially declining funding sources.

It's pretty much down to a real estate scam. Only a matter of time before the tax authorities come around to the same conclusion.

All we're really seeing at this point is a mop up operation. More than anyone else, this cult is taking itself down. We're just baby sitting.
    • Like Like x 8
  6. Goo goo.
  7. 15 years?
  8. You're a "known entity"? I don't know who you are. Who are you?
    Yelling Harry Hogan
    This message by Yelling Harry Hogan has been hidden due to negative ratings. (Show message)
    • Dislike Dislike x 4
  9. Ann O'Nymous Member

I quite liked his work over the years, but not at all his attitude during Flagdown.

I am convinced that his project is not a scam, but lost interest in it.
  10. TerapinEd Member

"You're a "known entity"? I don't know who you are. Who are you? "

I've been outed on this site but its no big deal, I'm not anonymous
    Flagdown, front right corner.
    I asked John Sweeney a question he did not appreciate.
    He went on and on how greedy scientology is. I actually find all religions greedy to some extent.
    • Like Like x 2
  11. TerapinEd Member

Scientology has its whales
    Maybe Bunker has a personal whale we are unaware of that he is stringing along.
    That would explain a lot.
    • Like Like x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  12. Dude, you're bragging about not being anonymous, etc., so what's your fucking name?
    Alice's sister
    This message by Alice's sister has been hidden due to negative ratings. (Show message)
    • Dislike Dislike x 5
  13. anon8109 Member

Oh hai OSA!

You'd love to know, wouldn't you?
  14. TerapinEd Member

"Dude, you're bragging about not being anonymous, etc., so what's your fucking name? "

Fellow dude, chill with the F bombs
    My name is terrapined
    I was on the bike during the Flagdown protest.
    In the Flag area?
    Lets play a round of golf.
    How bout it?

Make is a threesome with Bunker? Does He play? I'm sure he has the time.
    • Like Like x 5
  15. DeathHamster Member

The difference between Scientology's greed and most religions' greed is the difference between lightning and a lightning bug.

Point out a religion that calls the bank for you to arrange that loan or gives you a handful of credit cards, already maxed-out, that they took out in your name.
    • Like Like x 7
  16. You must not be paying attention. The person is boasting about not being anonymous.
    hello out there
    This message by hello out there has been hidden due to negative ratings. (Show message)
    • Dislike Dislike x 3
  17. [quote="TerapinEd, post: 2494581, member: 25035

My name is terrapined

[/quote]

Really? I can't find one Terrapined in the entire state of Florida.

Do you have a first name, since you're so proud of not being anonymous, it shouldn't be a problem for you.
    Cleaveland
    This message by Cleaveland has been hidden due to negative ratings. (Show message)
    • Dislike Dislike x 4
  18. Really? I can't find one Terrapined in the entire state of Florida.

Do you have a first name, since you're so proud of not being anonymous, it shouldn't be a problem for you.[/quote]

https://whyweprotest.net/threads/flag-the-numbers-game.118481/
    TerapinEd-fromwork
    This message by TerapinEd-fromwork has been hidden due to negative ratings. (Show message)
    • Dislike Dislike x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
  19. Disambiguation Global Moderator

If Dox are posted here, even self dox, they will be removed. Urging someone to post their own dox is a classic technique. You have nothing to prove, don't continue to fall into this trap.
    • Like Like x 8
  20. BigBeard Member

When I've made donations to many things that have come up on WWP I, and many others, have always made it clear the donee could use the money as they saw fit, for whatever the project was. If that meant spending it on groceries so they could eat while whatever was going on, fine. Or a beer to chill out at the end of the day, no problem. Or rent so they had a roof over their heads, fine too. Or camera to document protests, fine.

As I said before, donate or not donate, your call.

But all this grousing about the speed of a project, and calling it a scam with definative proof, is a waste of time.

If you don't like the way it's happening, get out and do it yourself. And while I don't agree with WBM's actions at Flag Down, that's a different issue than his documentary.

And if you have proof WBM is running a scam, as the saying goes, "DOX or STFU!"

BigBeard
    • Like Like x 10
  21. The point is that, while going after Mark Bunker, you brag about not being anonymous, in some attempt to create credibility for yourself, but you clearly are anonymous - so cut the act.

I don't care who you are, but cut the bullshit.

Now, who's next on your list of critics that you're going to attack?

BORING.
    Blow blow blow
    This message by Blow blow blow has been hidden due to negative ratings. (Show message)
    • Dislike Dislike x 4
  22. ravenanon Member

• Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  23. Anybody that asks for money from the critic movement should be transparent
    Anybody that continues to ask for money from the critic movement and is not transparent should be examined.
    I was hoping alot of people would chime in saying they have seen to progress and give us details.
    I was hoping for a boat load of information on this project.
    I was hoping for transparency.
    I was hoping for a Mark Bunker response giving us transparency.
    Flagdown protest I wanted to meet Bunker personally and talk about why he showed up to the conference uninvited. Bunker was a total no-show at the protest.
    TerapinEd-fromwork
    This message by TerapinEd-fromwork has been hidden due to negative ratings. (Show message)
    • Dislike Dislike x 3
  24. meep meep Member

Yeah
    • Like Like x 1
  25. meep meep Member

TerapinEd photobucket
  26. ravenanon Member

So far we have seen what looks like sit down interviews with individuals. A few shots of Mark standing by various cult buildings at various locations talking. How costly is it to do this? Its not like this is some sort of action film needing cgi. This isn't Star Wars its a documentary.
    If there has been some other sort of video clips shown not fitting what I described above let me know.
    • Like Like x 2
  27. What is the sum total amount of money he has brought in from all the donation fund drives to date ?
  28. [IMG]
  29. amaX Member

• Like Like x 1
  30. ravenanon Member

• Like Like x 3
  31. What's wrong with you people?
    Don't be a cretin
    This message by Don't be a cretin has been hidden due to negative ratings. (Show message)
    • Dislike Dislike x 5
  32. ravenanon Member

• Like Like x 1
  33. Kind of like the internet forum equivalent of a bad heavy metal garage band.

What happened?
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  34. Having been somewhat remotely involved in television documentaries in the past and having done a few research projects over the past 15 years myself, I can say this:

- $ 100,000 for a documentary on Scientology is a tiny sum nowadays,
    - if you are on your own, any project of this size will take forever to complete.

Just give this man a break and let him finish his film. You can judge the final product afterwards.
    • Like Like x 8
  35. Missfit Member

I know plenty of people in film, many of them who have made their own independent projects. Some have been funded completely out of their own pockets, some have found investors or grants, and some have used donations from the public. Most of the people I know that do not have a full investor from the get go have jobs that run concurrently while working on their projects, whether it be full time work or freelancing. However this is not always the case. There are a many different ways to afford your life and make a film...family money, significant other makes enough to support you while you follow your dream, stocks and investments, etc.

Also, I have seen it take 3 years to complete a 13 minute short film. I have worked on 30 minute concert videos that we had to turn around in 72 hours. There was also a feature film just released that I believe took 13 years to make, filming a boy as he grew up.

what does this tell you? It's pretty fucking stupid to make assumptions about how things work and get done. If you don't like it, don't donate. I'm pretty sure that if no documentary comes from all the donations, these donation platforms have a way to go after Bunker. If not, you're all fucking anonymous, you know how to handle shit and get the assholes taken care of.

Be curious all you want about Bunker, as is your right and all. I personally have more pressing issues to deal with than a man asking for donations for a documentary I will probably watch regardless of anything.
    • Like Like x 10
  36. TrevAnon Member

37. I'm not anonymous
    This message by I'm not anonymous has been hidden due to negative ratings. (Show message)
    • Dislike Dislike x 3
  38. Ersatz Global Moderator

Really? They all work for me.
    • Like Like x 4