Customize

Mark Bunker - Scammer or salt of the earth good guy?

Discussion in 'News and Current Events' started by TerapinEd, Nov 1, 2014.

1. anon8109 Member

Whether the same baseless accusations are repeated for 20 pages or 2000, without proof they are just as false.
  2. White Tara Global Moderator

Ummm, I suspect the sticky may have been an oversight on my part. When I am moving derails and threads back and forth to the sandbox, I use sticky to make it easier. Occasionally I forget to unsticky after. I will check first with the other mods, in case a decision was made to sticky, but if it was my oversight then sincere apologies. :oops:
  3. xander meehan Member

Good to hear from You Amax.... I am glad you're still around... I am still very sorry for your physical problems. I have great sympathy, empathy, and concern regarding your heart condition. You have given very very much of your self for others. I for one will always think you're an outstanding person for what you've suffered through. Boy do I seriously understand what you've been through... All my best... Don't let this bunker knock you off your own game... I know you're pissed... I seriously understand... hang in their my friend
    • Like Like x 7
  4. White Tara Global Moderator

Yup, the sticky was my bad, again my apologies for any confusion.
  5. It pains me to say this, but Mark, your gleam has well faded.
    Such a shame, but human nature being what it is-if there's money to be gained, morality and integrity take a back seat to greed
    • Like Like x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  6. Yes, agree. I don't mean to be an ass, but pretty much.
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
  7. TerrapinEd Member

OP here
    Slightly different handle because admins here cant solve the unable to get site to send reset password email
    anyway
    Just popped into Bunker's go fund me page
    "I plan to have the film done by May 2016. "
    Yup, another deadline he has set
    the countdown is on
    19 days left
    hmm
    We shall see
    Or not see lol
    • Like Like x 2
  8. anon8109 Member

In the past 3 months all 6 of your posts have been in this thread, continuing your 18 months-long attack against WBM, endlessly repeating the same accusations ad nauseum and then some.

In the 18 months since OP started this "black PR" campaign against WBM, Bunker has continued his public fight against the cult, being interviewed on the radio, adding new youtube videos, updating his website. What have you done OP?

I can't recall the last time you posted anything but attacks against WBM, that is if you actually are the same person and not an impersonator working for OSA, since anyone can open a new account claiming to have forgotten their password.

For someone proclaiming themselves a critic of scientology you sure do have some kind of weird obsession with attacking one of its most respected old guard critics for working on a project exposing the cult's abuses and crimes.

I'm not claiming that you are now working for the cult TerrapinEd, but if you are then it wouldn't be the first time that the scientology corporation managed to fair game a critic into acting as a double agent, and if the cult does hold something over you, like a disconnection from a loved one, or some kind of blackmail, then I sincerely hope you manage to find a solution and return to criticizing the cult rather than WBM, who himself was mercilessly subjected to decades of fair game attacks including being followed, being slandered to his neighbors, falsely arrested, and physically threatened.
    • Like Like x 4
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
  9. All he did was point out that the latest announced "release date" of May, 2016 is upon us, and soon to be behind us.

That's not "Black PR" - it's a fact.

If TerapinEd wants to continue a discussion he started about the much-anticipated release of a chronically-late, much-touted, and publicly-funded film, then I think he's doing a service to those of us who want to see it as long as he sticks to the facts.
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  10. anon8109 Member

Tearing down WBM's stellar reputation and discouraging the funding of his anti-scientology film is a service to the Scientology corporation.
    anon8109
    This message by anon8109 has been hidden due to negative ratings. (Show message)
    • Dislike Dislike x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  11. If pointing out when WBM says he will do one thing and then fails to accomplish it by that time is tearing down WBM's reputation, then WBM is the one who should accomplish the thing by the time he says that he will, especially if he is asking for people's money to get said thing done by said time.

WBM is the one who is tearing down his own reputation by failing to meet deadlines he set for himself. Pointing out his failure to meet his deadlines is NOT a smear - it is simply a statement of FACT.

Neither I nor TerapinEd discouraged the funding of WBM's film in our most recent posts in this thread. Pointing out the facts and allowing people to make their own decisions based on them is not "discouraging" or "encouraging" any particular action.

If people conclude that funding WBM may not be a good idea based on the fact of his failure to meet his own deadlines, that is their own decision, based on the facts. Other people may still want to fund him, and that's fine, too.
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  12. anon8109 Member

This thread has been anything but a neutral statement of fact. WBM has been falsely accused of fraud, greed, working for the cult, and willfully working against protesters, without a shred of evidence.

The tone of the accusations are shrill, disrespectful, and dripping with innuendo, malice, and sarcasm.
    • Like Like x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
  13. Do I need to go through the thread and find all the deadlines he has allowed to pass without releasing Knowledge Report?

Would it be ok with you if I did that? Can I do that without being told that I am shrill, disrespectful, malicious or sarcastic?

I mean, a due date is a due date. If it passes, then there's not much to dispute. I don't need to express a strong opinion, malice, shrillness, or disrespect when I point out that (1) we are past a due date for the release of the film, and (2) the film is not yet released.

Or do I?

I was pretty sure that stating the facts could be done objectively. Thanks for enlightening me, 8109.
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  14. anon8109 Member

If you are concerned about WBM missing self-imposed due dates, then perhaps you could contact him and offer help ornery.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  15. ArnieLerma Member

TURNING DEMONS INTO ALLIES

The TOP TIER OF TRUST are those who have litigated scientology and NOT accepted a "settlement" =or= chosen to break their "settlement" because it was the right thing to do (You can't make a deal with the devil)

The next highest TIER OF TRUST includes anyone who has actually been deposed under oath in a scientology case

The NEXT tier of trust are those who dare take the battle TO $cientology (media, demonstrations, billboards, mailings, lobbying - doing something as opposed to keyboard internet blow hards).

Understand that there is a lot of money sloshing around to fund the opposition to those who expose scientology

Suggested reading:
    http://www.lermanet.com/idacamburn/ops.htm
    https://www.amazon.com/Way-Aikido-L...TZ3F1U?ie=UTF8&btkr=1&ref_=dp-kindle-redirect
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  16. Let's be completely honest about the "self-imposed" due dates. He made those dates having raised funds from the public.

That's why keeping track of them is a fair thing for concerned members of the public to do.

I want to see the film, and I am impatient to do so.
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  17. anon8109 Member

I agree that WBM has a public responsibility to his funders to do his utmost in making the film, and I believe him when he says he is working as hard as he can and making progress, albeit slowly. He started this project before there was any publicly acclaimed film exposing the cult, and with less than bare bones resources to work with.

Given the ambitious nature of the project, and his decades of fighting the cult despite the "fair game" attacks against him, he deserves a bit of slack, and the benefit of the doubt.
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  18. Ersatz Global Moderator

Its May. Where do I get my tickets to see the Knowledge Report!
    • Like Like x 4
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  19. anon8109 Member

• Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  20. Ersatz Global Moderator

• Like Like x 6
  21. anon8109 Member

• Like Like x 3
  22. Ersatz Global Moderator

• Like Like x 7
  23. Ersatz Global Moderator

• Like Like x 5
  24. anon8109 Member

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  25. Ersatz Global Moderator

lol the proper response would have been "And don't call me Frank"
    • Like Like x 6
  26. anonysamvines Member

How many years footage has been shot now?
    How long to edit that?
    How much will be/is now being cut and discarded on the cutting room floor because just how long can a film in one part realistically be?
    Especially one where the story hasn't ended yet.

And yet still filming is apparently ongoing
    Necessitating even more editing.
    Not only of the new stuff but also of the previous cut.

And oh now we have to include this new thing, this upcoming event.

So now we have to recut the whole again.

Repeat ad nauseum.

A never ending project that has passed the jumping of the shark - just like Kim Kardassion's plastic surgeries or $lappy's need for fundraising.

KR's time has both passed and not yet come.
    Because KR isn't breaking any new ground now and the majority of the footage is too historical to appeal to the majority of its putative audience. They are mostly either too familiar with the material or it is too historical and isn't relative to the depths of their interest (they want the current/celebrity stuff)
    Nor can it be a definitive historical documentary because the story itself hasn't finished. The story will be ongoing for a long time yet

Dammit Mark - you could have had several films out already.
    And still be shooting new ones.
    You would have been not only still relevant but gaining a fan base rather than losing it.
    Building on the new fan base created by the court cases, films, books and stunts that have been started, completed and released since you started filming KR and all the new media attention they have brought.

Each new film would have had a realistically higher potential audience returning to a known,groundbreaking and trusted source. As well as a continual supply of new ones discovering you as they start paying attention.
    And that would make funding any future new film easier.
    • Like Like x 4
  27. anon8109 Member

WBM set out to make a great movie, but he ran into this problem.

Obsessive-Compulsive-Disorder-31.jpg

He may have overreached in his ambition, but he's no fraud.

If only someone would get him a lawnmower...
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  28. Ersatz Global Moderator

You could start a GoFundMe for him!
    • Like Like x 4
  29. TerrapinEd Member

Wow,
    Arnie Lerma posted in a thread I started
    I'm the OP here Arnie
    I wish I had a conversation with you when I had a chance
    Oh well
    I was also there 1st day of flagdown
    anyway
    Tiers of trust? Old guy like me, trust went out the window decades ago due to life experiences.
    I prefer Ronald Reagan, "trust but verify"
    I trusted Mark at one time, a fan
    I was there at flagdown, I saw what went down just as you did
    I started this thread to verify.
    • Like Like x 5
  30. thesneakster Member

Arnie, I wasn't aware that you had been elected Decider Of Who Should Be Trusted Or Not for all Scientology critics and ex-members. :rolleyes:

Who were the other candidates and what were the voting results? Surely you have those handy somewhere ? ;)

Low Regards,

Michael A. Hobson
    Independent Scientologist
    email: warrior_mike2001@yahoo.com
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/mhobson2011
    • Like Like x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
  31. anon8109 Member

Thanks for finally admitting that this thread is really about WBM coming to flagdown.
    • Like Like x 4
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
  32. Um, who is being ornery now?

Both WBM's attendance at Flag Down and his prolonged fundraising have been discussed in this thread at length, in the greater context of being critical of his conduct generally.

https://whyweprotest.net/search/20318695/?q=flag down&t=post&o=date&c[thread]=120997

See link^^ for where ITT Flag Down has been discussed.
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  33. anon8109 Member

This thread is about neither. It's about a petty quest for revenge by people who put their bruised egos uber alles.
    anon8109
    This message by anon8109 has been hidden due to negative ratings. (Show message)
    • Dislike Dislike x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  34. RavenEyes Member

https://www.gofundme.com/8254mj7g $2000 (of $2000 goal - started Sept. 28, 2015)

https://www.gofundme.com/828upves $6350 (of $8000 goal - started Nov. 1, 2015)

https://www.gofundme.com/vqzhhq5s $1050 (of $950 goal - started April 16, 2016)
    • Like Like x 5
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  35. That's just plain rubbish!
    I look at it all from the perspective of someone that has been in this well before the Nony's were born.
    • Like Like x 4
  36. RavenEyes Member

• Like Like x 5
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  37. ravenanon Member

I have no bruised ego or revenge. I'm here to point out the obvious by using controversial things like calendars, math and reading.

Hey Anon 8109 want to pay my rent? I might be working on something really big too!!! Might even be bigger than polishing a 6 year old out of date interview with tory or graham or whoever. I mean clearly nothing has happened in the last 6 years that would over weigh that accomplishment. I hear begger has been given a bad time, by the cult. Hear being the key word. Golly gee if only the guy who is filming something or another had a camera on him or a smart phone or something. Proof is awesome!

If I recall correctly you brought up keyboard warriors who don't do anything. I'm not about to announce anything big I'm working on cause that would be dumb and put a giant target on my back, but hey I'm protesting this Sat and I was the idle org opening last month. What have you been up to besides playing on the keyboard and bumping old threads and trying to assassinate the character of anyone who can read and do math?

From the top post on google:

free┬Ědom of speech
    noun
    noun: freedom of speech; plural noun: freedom of speeches; noun: free speech; plural noun: free speeches
    1. the right to express any opinions without censorship or restraint.

I know freedom of speech a big concept for some. I can think of a few groups you know like cults, criminal organizations, and tyrannies that object to it. I think its beyond obvious which one you are at this point. "The lady doth protest too much, methinks" I love me some Shakespeare!
    Raveneyes thanks for that terrible picture that comes with one of the many missed the due date.
    • Like Like x 4
  38. RavenEyes Member

Credit for pic goes to the "ornery" person. I just replied to post additional funding campaigns I found and didn't delete the pic. Scared ya, did it? BOO!

Have a day! <3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1