Customize

Mark Bunker - Scammer or salt of the earth good guy?

Discussion in 'News and Current Events' started by TerapinEd, Nov 1, 2014.

1. amaX Member

I have heard that there are indeed pokestops in the downtown CW area. Have fun finding them!
  2. amaX Member

Kilia, Bunker did also first post the Tom Cruise video to the net, but he likes to take complete responsibility for the video even though it was moved by other people who took great risks. Bunker would like to re-write history and make himself the only person responsible for the TC video and the reason Chanology started. It's great for his enormous ego, but it's a lie. You and I know that because we were here, my friend. <3
    • Like Like x 3
  3. Ersatz Global Moderator

This is the thread that never ends, yes it goes on and on my friend. Some people started singing it, not knowing what it was, and they'll continue singing it forever just because...This is the song that never ends, yes it goes on and on my friend. Some people started singing it, not knowing what it was, and they'll continue singing it forever just because...This is the song that never ends, yes it goes on and on my friend. Some people started singing it, not knowing what it was, and they'll continue singing it forever just because...This is the song that never ends, yes it goes on and on my friend. Some people started singing it, not knowing what it was, and they'll continue singing it forever just because...This is the song that never ends, yes it goes on and on my friend. Some people started singing it, not knowing what it was, and they'll continue singing it forever just because...This is the song that never ends, yes it goes on and on my friend. Some people started singing it, not knowing what it was, and they'll continue singing it forever just because...This is the song that never ends, yes it goes on and on my friend. Some people started singing it, not knowing what it was, and they'll continue singing it forever just because...This is the song that never ends, yes it goes on and on my friend. Some people started singing it, not knowing what it was, and they'll continue singing it forever just because...This is the song that never ends, yes it goes on and on my friend. Some people started singing it, not knowing what it was, and they'll continue singing it forever just because...This is the song that never ends, yes it goes on and on my friend. Some people started singing it, not knowing what it was, and they'll continue singing it forever just because...This is the song that never ends, yes it goes on and on my friend.
    • Like Like x 10
  4. Pokemon is just an unconscious dramatization of OTIII and Body Thetans.
    • Like Like x 3
  5. TerrapinEd Member

Bunker was a noshow at the Clearwater Call Me billboard dedication
    Is there any info out there on a release date of Knowledge Report
    My prediction
    This thread may go on for years
    • Like Like x 2
  6. Malory Member

But did you catch any Pokemon?
    • Like Like x 2
  7. JohnnyRUClear Member

too late
    • Like Like x 2
  8. [IMG]
  9. I have no way of knowing who the Anonymous and otherwise private donors to WBM's film are, but I think there is a decent possibility that at least a few of them are known critics of Scientology, given the frequency of well-known critics who are among the public donors. Some of the anonymous donors, in light of the delayed release of the film, may wish to come forward so that they can publicly demand accountability, or to simply prevent the possibility that they might die before the release of the film with their contributions unknown and unacknowledged.

Some of the public donors are elderly, like Paulette Cooper, who just turned 74, or Dee McMurdie, the mother of Lori Hodgson and grandmother of her two disconnected adult children. Some of them have experienced poor health, like Kate Bornstein, who overcame cancer. Fortunately, all of these ladies are still alive, and I wish them continued good health until long after KR is released. The same goes for Hartley Patterson, another public donor and well-known critic who is getting up there in years. I hope Mark Bunker feels special pressure on behalf of these donors to finish expediently, while they still have quality time left to enjoy the film and to see its impact on the world.

Speaking of Kate Bornstein, the other prominent transgender Scientology critic/ex, Denise (formerly Larry) Brennan, passed away a couple of years ago - Denise is not among the public donors to KR, nor are the other deceased critics listed below. However, we do not know whether they may have donated anonymously. This list is far from complete, as I am only taking the time to list critics I can remember, and who therefore achieved a certain amount of notoriety. (Presumably, exes and well-known critics of Scientology who died after 2012 would have liked to have seen the film had it been released on time, and it is reasonable to speculate that some of them might be among the anonymous donors.)

Since May, 2016, the Scientology watching community has marked the passing of Steve "Sarge" Pfauth, who spent time with Hubbard in his last days, as well as Arlene Cordova, who took her fight with Scientology Disconnection public with the help of Tony Ortega.

The recent passing of Roland Rashleigh-Berry, who made public comment on the lateness of the film, was also noted earlier in this thread.

Blogger Plain Old Thetan, real name John Joseph, died a couple of years ago in 2014, as did YouTuber Brad Halsey. Kima Douglas, LRH's nurse who was interviewed by Russel Miller, died in 2013.

Many more lesser known critics and exes who have passed on since the end of 2012 can be found beginning here - http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthread.php?7122-Memorials-Thread-RIP-sad/page47
  10. fishypants Moderator

Is the documentary released yet?
  11. DeathHamster Member

Some work by a conspiracy kook loon, or perhaps a butthurt DMCA abuser.
  12. BLiP Member

Nah - webactivism.com has been around since 2004 and has nothing to do with Bunker.
  13. Mark Bunker GoFundMe - Facing Eviction

https://www.gofundme.com/facing-eviction-2uzxrfkx

* * * * * BEGIN EXCERPT * * * * *

Facing Eviction - $950 goal

Created October 19, 2016

Hi, I'm Mark Bunker. I've been living in Scientology's mecca also known as Clearwater, Florida for the past few years as I work on my long in-production documentary on Scientolgy.

The past year has been a kind of a rough one with several hospitalizations and the loss of a job. I'd fallen behind in rent the past few months but during that time I also got a new job that is going well and allowing me to get caught up with everything.

I thought in another month I would be all caught up and finally getting ahead but time has just about run out. The property management company has told me I need to pay the remaining balance by the end of the month or get out. They have been more than understanding with me but I hadn't realized till they called me into their office last week that my lease was up this month.

If you could possibly help out, I would greatly appreciate it. You've been unbelievably kind and generous to me through the years. I'll strive to continue to be worthy of the faith you have placed in me.

Thanks,

Mark

* * * * * END EXCERPT * * * * *
  14. HAHAHAHHAHA LOLOLOLOL!!!!!! ROFLMFAO!!!!!one!!1!11!!!eleven!!!!!!

15. http://tonyortega.org/2016/10/19/sc...-control-of-your-own-life/#comment-2958697844

* * * * * BEGIN EXCERPT * * * * *

Mark Bunker • 5 hours ago

A big thank you to Tony and all of you in the bunker who have come to my aid. I really do appreciate your kind words and support. I may have been keeping a lower profile lately but things are brewing.

* * * * * END EXCERPT * * * * *
  16. Bunkerites think they're really stickin' it to the scientology man by donating to Bunker. Constantly trying to make up for being fools while in the cult by being complete idiots now. Video related. It reminds me of those who donate to Bunker and their fanboi comments.

Do you think it upsets the cult that people give Bunker 1500$US or makes them laugh that some man repeatedly can't pay his bills?

Lots of critics have health and life issues. Then there's Assange or did you all forget how he helped get info out to educate the world about the cult? He's had a bit of a bad week.
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  17. Hey...Mr. Ortega. You have a knack of eating your own and bitch slapping the hands that feed you.

Consider my generous financial help of about $500-$600 over the last 2 years the last you'll see from me. Voicing an opinion is why you have comments. Your commenters are likely your main donors and supporters. Being vicious to your commenting base is not a good practice.

You've done this to me several times and I've seen you do this to others that are loyal to your site. I think you strike out like a baby when your ego is bruised, so I'm going to stop giving you money. I have an opinion and so do you but acting like an adult is the better path.

Maybe you'll learn. Maybe you won't. Good luck.
    • Like Like x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  18. What happened? He's not allowing you or other people to post comments critical of Mark Bunker? Taking them down? Or something else? I assume it's related to Mark Bunker since you posted it in this thread.
  19. This: https://disqus.com/home/discussion/..._control_of_your_own_life/#comment-2959722944

COC:
    I really don't look at the comments over there unless there is a reason to. I appreciated your comment. It generated more information from TO. It also summed up how many feel after 8 years of help Mark Bunker.
  20. TO seems to be good at information. why he doesn't school his readers on why being Anonymous is actually helpful idk.I kinda hate it. Maybe explain?
    That said #opmanning #oplastresort
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  21. Fuck! No, FUCK YOU MARK! You have become the thing you rallied against for years. You are a regging twat just like a scientologist. You now make me sick, the way you use your previous input as a reason people should keep throwing money at you unquestionably .

Should you evah finish your movie, Ill be sure to illegally download it, just so it doesnt mean you get my money.
    YOU MONEY HUNGRY CUNT!
    All those over at The Bunker can pat you on the back, ad infintium....it will never change how you have fallen from grace in the eyes that really matter.
    What would Lisa McPherson think of what you keep doing<rhetorical question>
    I hope you lose EVERYTHING!
    • Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  22. The Internet Member

If I knew how to run a search on Disqus comments, I might bother to look at TO's forum to find out what the fuss is about.

Whenever I get a Google search result to a Disqus comment, I go to the page but can't find the hit because you have to load all the comments before you can search. If there are a thousand or so comments on a page, clear your schedule first.

Maybe Disqus will break up long threads into pages like we have here, so you can actually search for something. Until then, bleh disqus.
    • Like Like x 2
  23. RavenEyes Member

If he has a new job that's going well, why not just privately ask someone for a loan? I guess I don't understand the constant begging. What a superhero.

"continue to be worthy of the faith"? By taking $, not paying personal bills or producing that promised documentary? States' AGs are now prosecuting people who aren't living up to their gofundme-type projects promise dates, like films, etc. I wonder if he knows that. Apparently, many people (outside of CoS exes and critics) don't consider non-production of promised goods faith-worthy. j/s

And, blah blah blah re: health issues and other "unexpected" costs. I'll bet mine and other critics' against his any day. People just don't know about them because we don't expect others to foot our bills - even those that were caused by said others. smh
    • Like Like x 5
  24. So, according to you, TO's striking out like a baby with a bruised ego (because he chooses to try to offer assistance to a friend in need, when your opinion differs) so you're throwing your toys out of the pram, did I get that right?

Maybe you can explain. Maybe you can't.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  25. xander meehan Member

I am going to jump in here and add my 2 cents. Bunker should finish his work and post it. He really should have finished it years ago. Bunker is seriously responsible for breaking faith, and he should show personal responsibility, period.

Ortega had decided quite awhile ago to leverage his position at his previous employer to utilize the Anony movement to raise himself up. I could state the same regarding the attorneys that continue litigation against the SCIENOS.

Anony has changed and morphed over time. Anony and its many disparate groups have faced infiltration, and in fact have been infiltrated. If you are really honest with yourself, these events were ultimately inevitable. Look at Leah Remini..... All of the Unholy Hollywood former Scieno blow holes have all nearly have acted in the same way.

They all forget that Anony as a movement, not only gave them reason to leave, but also gave them very serious cover to allow them to actually leave, and know factually that there were people out there in society that would bend over backwards to defend and protect them at all cost, regardless of their respective personal and professional station and status within the Hollywood INDUSTRY.

All of you that are pissed at Bunker, I seriously understand. I was heavily involved with Anony from the get. I am still in awe that Anony has held together this long, even very marginally. Yet it survives, all because of a few of you. For this I will be for ever thankful.

Bunker if you read this, remember that you know me personally... Whether you want to admit it or not, I could care less, so does Magoo, and Graham Berry, Jonathan Coulton, and many others. Please finish your damn video and be done with it. Remember what I am saying to you Bunker. People have been patient. You wouldn't be making a movie with out everything Anony accomplished, period.

Don't be one of these Hollywood douches that is ungrateful for all of those that stood up for years and years. Just remember your alive. Lisa isn't alive, nor her family, and many others are still dead as well Please don't loose sight of these facts.

For the rest of you.... we still face the same dilemmas .... the movement has not continued to grow... it has little visibility in the main stream media as it once did.
    The Scienos were always hoping for a quick death to Anony....When that didn't happen... it really blew them up.... Yet over any long enough period of time anything will change. Just look at Jennifer Aniston's door knob of a husband, and his cousin whom just produced another movie on the Scienos. Yet this doucher did it only after the demonstration of a market, and substantial consideration of the potential exploitation of an established market for the subject matter.

This isn't sour grapes either... what it is... is real truth.... Bunker... do everyone a big favor... finish your damn film and release it already...... geeeeesee
    • Like Like x 5
  26. Kilia Member

Excellent post xander meehan...excellent!!
    • Like Like x 2

27. I can explain. I am tired of Ortega striking out at his comment-base. He's done it for years and my comment regarding the his friends' begs for money as weakening his brand seemed to unleash his verbal abuse yet again.

Over the years, he's referred to me in derogatory terms, especially when I've called out Rathbun for being a professional liar and an all-around ass. One comment I made years ago (on VV) had him lashing out at me when I thought Ortega seemed to be cozying up to Rathbun quite a bit, and thought it would not turn out well for him. Boy was I wrong about that. Pffft.

I've seen him lash out at other regular commenters over the years, including one that I know a bit in real life (who also decided to lay low), and think it is distasteful.

What really upset me was when he had Tom DeVocht begging for money to help him in a child custody issue. Having seen many of these cases up close, using your popular blog to influence the outcome of a child's life is simply fucked up. We have no idea why there is a custody issue, and there may have been good reasons for the mother's actions so posting a beg-blog was fucking disgusting.

I made a decision to stop financially supporting the Bunker. I will not give my money to someone who thinks it is OK to let his friends beg for money for non-Scientology related items, and I wanted Ortega to know that.

There you have it. Your explanation.
    • Like Like x 2
  28. DeathHamster Member

Can't find it.

Category:Tom DeVocht
    • Like Like x 1
  29. sallysock Member

I believe this was the article coc was referring to.
    http://tonyortega.org/2016/07/12/he...a-difference-in-lives-touched-by-scientology/

Relevant snip:

• Like Like x 1
  30. Could someone explain this explanation to me?

He mentioned Tom DeVocht's custody battle, invited people to read for themselves what 'Tom is going through' and expressed his hope that his friends could help him out. That's 'fucking disgusting'? Because?

Read again what you wrote. It's full of innuendo, when what is required is dox. I very much doubt you have any, to back up such a vitriolic reaction. Do you imagine for one moment that vague smears are going to sway anyone at wwp?

Dox or GTFO.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1

31. Even the law sees the difference between opinion and fact. Maybe you should read up on that distinction.
  32. TerrapinEd Member

Nobody is perfect
    Its his website, his playground, his rules
    Regardless of Ortega's flaws
    The huge positives far out weigh the few negatives.
    His site is the daily go to website regarding the latest news on scientology
    That alone is invaluable.
    Something new every day. Every single day :)
    How about a Knowledge Report update Tony
    • Like Like x 5

33. I agree. I do respect Tony and think his writing is high quality and his work is groundbreaking.

His infrequent nastygrams directed to me and others is/was unnecessary. I've seen him be nasty to one very loyal reader/commenter for a mild critique, and it isn't really a good idea to attack your support base. I tried to present constructive criticism in a polite fashion. Whatever.

I gave him regular donations but I don't want my donations to support his ego tantrums and a beg-blog (especially when the begging isn't directly related to a critic event/fund).

My opinion, my choice. I'm sure he doesn't give 2 shits, but I do.
  34. CoC, you are doing a very poor job of demonstrating anyone's 'ego tantrums' or 'nastygrams' but your own, many times over in fact, while you have shown no evidence for your accusations against TO.

If you do respect Tony Ortega, it would be because he doesn't spout mere opinion - he works relentlessly to check the facts in a professional manner. You, on the other hand, ramble on to the effect that no father should ever be supported in a custody battle, because the other side might have good reasons for opposing. That is simply nonsense.
    • Like Like x 2
  35. Tony Ortega is obviously using Mark Bunker and Bunker is using The Bunker (pun intended). Tony Ortega helped Mark Bunker with his “oh plztks halp!! I need moneyz for rent!!” bullshit. I can’t believe Tony Ortega would help that asshole steal even more money from exes and anonymous!!
    anon26000
    This message by anon26000 has been hidden due to negative ratings. (Show message)
    • Dislike Dislike x 3
  36. DeathHamster Member

Yeah, the way he had the registrars with guns blocking the exits was horrible.
    • Like Like x 6
  37. TerrapinEd Member

I love the Underground Bunker.
    I'm right there 7am every morning :)
    But
    The above is another of Tony's flaws
    Should never take sides is a custody battle. Its for the parents and court to decide. There are no winners, just tough decisions.
    I am also disturbed by the money beg page.
    In a custody battle, you never ever drag the other parent through the mud publicly
    Its for the judge and courts to hear. NOT THE PUBLIC.
    Devocht's money beg page infers the mother is a drug addict.
    That is wrong wrong wrong on so many levels.
    A child is involved. You don't throw mud at another parent publicly.
    You don't poison a child against a parent by posting publicly about a drug problem.
    • Like Like x 2