Customize

Mark Bunker's XENUTV youtube channel shutdown again

Discussion in 'Youtube and Vimeo Problems' started by Anonymous, Apr 29, 2011.

1. Anonymous Member

2. Anonymous Member

I just got the same email, twice.

I had it hidden on one of my backup channels, they got both copies.
  3. Anonymous Member

Ha! It looks like I get to go to "copyright school". BRB, getting video.
  4. Anonymous Member

Only vids about scientology are gone. Fu.-.. ers
  5. Anonymous Member

I got the video with a screen recorder, it's a big file.

This is going to be a problem far and wide.

copyrightschool.png
  6. Anonymous Member

The Nathan Baca interviews.
  7. XENU TV Member

Yes, both my accounts are gone. I don't know if I'll be able to get them back this time.
  8. I hate YouTube. I got blocked out of my account due to Google issues.

WBM, do you keep Vimeo updated? I wish we could all just scrap YouTube and move to Vimeo but that site is buggy and not particularly user friendly.
  9. AnonLover Member

damn this sucks, april was shaping up to be such a cult-slamming month.
  10. Anonymous Member

Vimeo is not friendly to any video you might have borrowed. I lost my Vimeo account with a public clip from the Riverside BoS. I guess the cult pointed it out.

BTW, my KESQ video was a very short clip used in fair use manner (comment)
  11. Anonymous Member

Maybe contact KESQ directly to see if the DMCA actually came from them, it's weird they're suddenly cracking down on their content 3 years after the fact. You might be able work out an arrangement similar to the viacom/Colbert clip DMCA back in 2008.
  12. Anonypeg Member

This doesn't make sense.
    Didn't Nathan Baca give us permission to post these? Does anybody have Nathan Baca's contact information? For all we know, this could be an entity posting as KESQ-TV and falsely claiming copyright.

I swear... there should be a law against DMCA'ing anything in local news. I mean, isn't the purpose of news to be spread far and wide regardless of media platform, to inform the people?
  13. Anonymous Member

Hmmm, it was staturday.
  14. Anonymous Member

Nathan doesn't own the content, KSEQ does. I think I saw Baca reporting for a station in Las Vegas recently.
  15. the anti Member

he is in vegas now
  16. incog712 Member

I agree with above Anons that this sounds culty. There are still plenty of non-scientology related Nathan Baca/KESQ videos all over YouTube. Maybe try contacting Nathan at KLAS in Las Vegas to see if he could put a word in with KESQ. If it can be shown that this was a falsely represented take down request you should be able to get things restored. Of course dealing with YouTube is a pain. Good luck!
  17. Anonymous Member

^^^This.
    If I recall correctly, Mark Bunker filed a counterclaim, and Viacom refused to pursue charges.
    If this "KESQ-TV" disclaimer is fake, then filing a counterclaim would be a snap, since Mark Bunker is not Anonymous.
    If it's real, then maybe they will go the Viacom route and not press charges.
    Fair Use means newsworthy. News is newsworthy.
  18. Optimisticate Member

Last ditch effort by a dying cult.

It was their first ditch effort too.
  19. Anonymous Member

They must not like his Knowledge Report videos.
  20. AnonLover Member

I'm thinking more likely they didnt like him filming in clearwater and the cops saying "no injunction on file"
  21. Anonymous Member

• Like Like x 6
  22. the anti Member

possible, over all this does reeks of scientology's work, not like they haven't pulled this crap off before
  23. Smurf Member

24. XENU TV Member

In my situation, I did put two of the station's videos on my channel. One of them was the full Tommy Davis interview. If Smurf's videos were his own self produced videos he can successfully file a counter complaint. In my case, I've written to station management asking them to drop the complaint and allow me the chance to delete the videos.
    • Like Like x 5
  25. Orson Member

26. Anonymous Member

27. CarltonBANKS Member

Suggest you try and contact Jeff Jarvis (@jeffjarvis) - Professor of Journalism at CUNY.
    • He knows Google very well. He knows people at Google. He does a weekly audio show called TWiG. He knows a lot about journalism, naturally.
    • Like Like x 1
  28. Anon-V Member

Hope this gets resolved. The cult must be getting desperate.
  29. Anonymous Member

YES, THEY ARE DESPERATE!
    I have followed anonymous since it's inception. The blocking of information is currently going on and it seems to be effective.
    I just Googled the same description to get back to this specific thread that I used yesterday it was at the top of my search list; now I can't find it unless my request in extremely specific.
    In 2008 sometimes when I searched YouTube for anti-Co$ videos, I would get an error message and a quick flash of a message, which I captured and forwarded to Mark because it was during the time both Tory and Mark's accounts had been suspended, some weird message about being attacked by flying monkeys. My gross thought was The Wizard of Oz. It was creepy after the 3rd error message. And last week I saw a video on RTs using Alice In Wonderland readings.
    I think the $cilons are doing something to make it difficult to navigate and access places such as this
    • Like Like x 2
  30. CarltonBANKS Member

Normal channels ain't working . What about YouTube PR, Google PR, something like that?
  31. Anonymous Member

This is good advice. I have been reading Jeff Jarvis since he started blogging at Buzz Machine about ten years ago. He is a good guy. Definitely good advice for WBM.
    • Like Like x 1
  32. Anonymous Member

This is a fucking outrage.
    • Like Like x 1
  33. Anonymous Member

In the other thread (1/3), someone posted^. After email and mirror tech, I'm holding back the Google Voice tech for a couple of days.
  34. CarltonBANKS Member

We received a bunch of Copyright infringement claims from a London Scientologist, Mark Gibson. Counter DMCA things were filed. Some videos have been restored, but not all. It took several weeks.

One of them is a fucking 19 second clip, but perhaps, because it's the OT Committee President, they're really dragging their feet.

Anyway, our shitty little YouTube channel = bunch of random crap, not like the treasure trove that is xenutv & xenutv1.

^ indeed.
    • I can suggest setting up an account at RuTube.Ru, for backups.
    • We have the name 'scientology', so our videos are at http://scientology.rutube.ru/ (again, it's just random crap)
    • Use Google Chrome's autotranslate to make sense of that Russian
  35. Anonymous Member

http://www.xenutv.com/blog/?p=5189

36. Anonymous Member

By any chance, were you using something like Backupify to keep a copy of all your videos?

It sucks there's no decent alternative to YouTube. I want to suggest making lots of mirrors
  37. Profanity Member

Maybe a thread should be made where in the future we can post Sci vid links so people know what to get backups of?
  38. Anonymous Member

Not useful to mirror since most of Mark's best videos are well over the 15 minute limit. This is why his account is a real loss.
  39. Profanity Member

Splitting the videos isn't so bad. Not as good as a continuous one, but better than nothing.