Customize

Mark 'Marty' Rathbun on Tony Ortega and the Underground Bunker v. Scientologists

Discussion in 'News and Current Events' started by CommunicatorIC, Jun 30, 2016.

1. Mark 'Marty' Rathbun on Tony Ortega and the Underground Bunker v. Scientologists.

NOTE: I *believe* this is the correct forum because Mark 'Marty' Rathbun is no longer an Independent Scientologist, he no longer posts on Independent Scientology, and the excerpted post does not concern Independent Scientology.

Mark 'Marty' Rathbun: Bunkeroos vs. Scientologists

https://markrathbun.wordpress.com/2016/06/30/bunkeroos-vs-scientologists/

* * * * * BEGIN EXCERPT * * * * *

Bunkeroos vs. Scientologists

Posted on June 30, 2016 by Mark C. Rathbun | 28 Comments

The cult of Tony Ortega has recently surpassed the church of Scientology in dysfunctionally partisan behavior. I have obtained documentary evidence that Bunkeroos (slavish believers and followers of the word of The Underground Bunker) have been soliciting donations to hire private investigators. The Bunkeroos are promoting the fulfillment of Tony Ortega’s published suggestions on behalf of Ray Jeffrey that the home of Monique Rathbun and her two-year-old child be put under surveillance.

[SNIP]

* * * * * END EXCERPT * * * * *
    • Like Like x 2
  2. RightOn Member

• Like Like x 3
  3. AnonLover Member

• Like Like x 11
  4. Abusive narcissist Marty Rathbun, the King Rat of Vermin is delusional.

Poor Angry (only following orders) Marty Rathbun, Miscavige made him beat the shit out of people and abuse their underlings when Marty was number 2, the chief enforcer for years and years sending many to the RPF. Marty admits to standing by quietly as DM beat the hell out of Mike Rinder ( some 'friend', what a coward.)

Marty ordered security checks, separated families with RPF orders, was heavily involved in setting up countless noisy, nasty investigations, extorting the IRS, attacking members and covering up for Lisa Mcpherson's brutally abusive LRH Introspection Rundown for 17 days of hell in lock down that killed her by destroying evidence.

As chief enforcer for Hubbard's scam for many years, Marty Rathbun spent a fortune of 'Church' of Scientology monies on hiring private investigators and rabid attack-dog lawyers to silence any and all opposition ruthlessly in accordance with LRH policy. Now he cries and plays the victim card with unsubstantiated allegations.

Marty and Scientology are the ones who've hired PI's relentlessly to harass people, not Tony Ortega.

He's a self serving, abusive liar who belongs in jail for his lifetime of abusing many, many Scientologists under his oversight. He's spent a lifetime of fucking people over, Ray Jeffrey is simply the latest.

Tony Ortega has treated this miscreant more than fairly over the years, his coverage of Marty and Monique is a very small part of his expansive writings that have exposed literally thousands of abuses in L. Ron Hubbard's Fake Science, Fake Religion, abusive, controlling scam that Marty engaged in ruthlessly for decades until he became a victim of the abusive 'Religion' himself and he rage quit Scientology to develop his own absurd Marty-Tao philosophy of horseshit.
    • Like Like x 8
  5. I'm quoting my own excerpt to note something important. Marty has NOT said that Tony Ortega has "been soliciting donations to hire private investigators." Marty has said only that unspecified "Bunkeroos (slavish believers and followers of the word of The Underground Bunker) have been soliciting donations to hire private investigators." The distinction is important.

In any event, Marty has doubled down on his claim that he has proof of his allegation that, "Bunkeroos (slavish believers and followers of the word of The Underground Bunker) have been soliciting donations to hire private investigators.

https://markrathbun.wordpress.com/2016/06/30/bunkeroos-vs-scientologists/#comment-339728

* * * * * BEGIN EXCERPT * * * * *

SunnyV | June 30, 2016 at 1:32 pm | Reply

Unless you post this supposed secret “proof” you have been made privy you’re just making baseless accusations because no one particular is interested your bizarre paranoid war on Tony Ortega.

I guess getting no interest in your non-trolling posts against Tony means you will try to milk this pointless drama for web hits. This is a sad, disappointing chapter to what had been a inspiring evolution in your life.

Mark C. Rathbun | June 30, 2016 at 1:43 pm | Reply

In due time. QED: Double-standard cult think. Your leader can backstab people with months of innuendo and unnamed sources. But you give him a pass. I hope you find some caring treatment.

UhLasare | June 30, 2016 at 1:53 pm | Reply

When is due time? Because this is an amazing accusation to make without posting proof. Thank you.

Mark C. Rathbun | June 30, 2016 at 1:58 pm | Reply

You are right. Stay tuned.

* * * * * END EXCERPT * * * * *
    • Like Like x 3
  6. anon8109 Member

Where exactly did TO publish a suggestion that the Rathbun home be put under surveillance?
    • Like Like x 2
  7. Bunkeroos
    This message by Bunkeroos has been hidden due to negative ratings. (Show message)
    • Dislike Dislike x 3
  8. Bunkeroos img fail
    This message by Bunkeroos img fail has been hidden due to negative ratings. (Show message)
    • Dislike Dislike x 3
  9. I know you know this, but to avoid confusion if anyone joins the thread mid-stream or much later I'll note that I was quoting Mark 'Marty' Rathbun. The statement you are responding to was not mine.
  10. Sure it has, Rathbun, ya fucktarded drama queen attention whore...

[IMG]
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  11. Did Marty not get his invite?

[IMG]
    HerdOfGoats
    This message by HerdOfGoats has been hidden due to negative ratings. (Show message)
    • Dislike Dislike x 4
  12. RightOn Member

Full blown tin foil alert for some fun.
    Marty flees the COS , but as an ally to COB.
    His whole departure was a giant sham.
    He got back together with Rinder, started a blog, did vids and fought with the Squirrel Busters and was "followed" by the COS.
    In the mean time gathering information on critics and everything else.
    Then he sues the COS, fires his lawyers, and comes out with nutter claims.
    Is Marty going back to the COS to continue to be COB's right hand man?
    BWA HA HA
    Have fun! I think this should be a cartoon or a mini comic book at the very least.
    • Like Like x 3
  13. Marty Rathbun is Scientology's Sammy Gravano.
    • Like Like x 4
  14. So, possible explanations:
    1) Marty's claim is true
    2) Marty's deluded
    3) Marty is doing A-to-E or similar action to make CoS happy
    4) Marty is gullible and is being fed this line from someone
    5) Marty is making this up for other reasons

There is no evidence specific to this situation so we only have prior probabilities to consider.

In order of most probably to least I would probably go 4>2>3>5>1.
    • Like Like x 1
  15. DeathHamster Member

It's probably coming from Ralph Dorian.
    • Like Like x 1
  16. The Internet Member

Who is Ralph Dorian?
  17. Google "ralph dorian scientology bob minton" or something similar. It won't entirely answer your question but it will explain why the name was offered above.
  18. Marty's recent erratic behavior is an indication that he made a deal with the CoS dropping the lawsuit in exchange for a little bit of money. And now he is getting paranoid about being discovered.

I don't think you will ever hear again critical remarks about the CoS or Miscavige coming out of Marty's mouth.
    • Like Like x 1
  19. DeathHamster Member

It was a strange episode after OSA had blackmailed Bob into turning on Ken Dandar, and he'd left Clearwater, back to New Hampshire.

Out of nowhere he started posting these long things from "Ralph Dorian" claiming to be the true story of Hubbard and Scientology. The trouble was that they were obviously complete garbage, and Bob had to know that. There didn't seem to be any point to posting them except as a weird distraction.

*shrug* It was a while ago, and I might be forgetting some of the details.
  20. anon8109 Member

This seems like the most likely explanation for his sudden strange behavior. Along with some money though, the promise to stop the harassment may have been a bigger factor, especially for his wife. With an infant to take care of and protect, and parental instincts kicking in, it was probably a choice between rolling the dice with the court case and putting up with who knows how many more years of stress, or taking the sure thing and finally hoping to get some respite from the endless fair gaming.

There's also one more possibility. Miscavige's PI's discovered something to use as blackmail.
  21. Malory Member

I might offer 6) There's a few people out of the mass at the Bunker who are crazy fucks and have cobbled together some wild and wacky scheme which would never get past the planning stage. One of the crazy fucks has passed messages along to another crazy fuck who ran to Marty because they love to stir the shit.

Tony O might not be editor of The Washington Post but he's still a professional and has a career that could vanish if he were implicated in shenanigans like this. Forget moral and ethical considerations for a moment because the simple answer is Tony's not a stupid person or else the cult would have crushed him years ago.
    • Like Like x 5
  22. I agree that is possible -- and within the CoS playbook -- but that seems like an explanation that is generally less probable and I don't see how any of the evidence fits that scenario that doesn't also fit simpler explanations.

It seems like you need more evidence to favour the most complicated explanation.
  23. GibbousWaxing Member

Nope, nope, not gonna post it. Still takin' the high road.

So far.
  24. HelluvaHoax! on ESMB made an interesting observation.

http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthre...ientologists&p=1105146&viewfull=1#post1105146
    * * * * * BEGIN QUOTATION * * * * *

I actually think I know the exact moment when Mike got creeped out by being lumped together with Marty and all his ideas. It's a few years ago.

Marty & Mike made a few "FISHING" videos where they talked while they were fishing. Talked about how crazy Miscavige was, told stories, laughed. But fished. Literally, sitting at the water waiting for something to bite the bait. I am pretty sure those "gone fishing" videos are probably still available over on Marty's site.

Well, for some reason Marty got on this wild, gleaming-eyes, crazed little "rant-cog" about how he had spotted the exact wholetrack implant that Miscavige was dramatizing. Mike was sitting next to him, listening uncomfortably. Marty seemed to be gaining momentum in a cult-revival-tent way talking about the kind of implant it was in greater detail. Marty was "running wholetrack" just like Ron, in front of the camera. Not good at all, LOL.

If I remember it exactly, Marty prompted Mike with one or more of those "you know what I mean" kind of nudges--wanting Rinder to put a foamy lather of AGREEMENT all over the freaky implant shit Marty was laying down. But Mike was creeped out and could only mutter "....whatever".

I even posted about it when it happened. I thought Mike had mentally made a break from cult think at that moment. The holy tech was becoming an embarrassment when it was laid out like that, in plain daylight with people watching this video. Mike, who spent much of his life anticipating how media footage will be viewed, instinctively knew this was really cringey crap Marty was flowing in a glossolalia stream-of-knowingness.

It wasn't long after that when Mike broke from being on Marty's blog to form his own.

If you can find it, it's quite a moment. When I saw that (when it first came out) my respect for Mike and hope that he'd escape from Hubbard's tech instantly went up 516% (for those of you marking graphs, lol)

* * * * * END QUOTATION * * * * *

Multiple people on ESMB found the video in question:

• Like Like x 3

25. I saw something similar when Mike and Marty were at the Alamo back in 2010 or 2011. Marty started rambling about the benevolent and all-seeing Hubbard with a crazed look in his eye, and I recall seeing a slight physical recoil from Mike who remained silent on the topic.

I've been trying to find that video for several years but cannot locate it. It stood out enough that I'm still trying to find that video.
  26. BLiP Member

And, in all those years you never googled "marty rathbun alamo"? As it turns out, Marty was going on about David Miscavige being a dick rather than how wonderful the Hubtard was

• Like Like x 2
  27. JohnnyRUClear Member

Isn't it amazing how inaccurate our memories of an event can be? This is why ALL interrogations/interviews should be recorded.
    • Like Like x 1
  28. DeathHamster Member

In Louis Theroux's film, Marty goes on about CoS targeting kids as part of their Fair Game ops. (It really pissed me off when I read that snippet because he claimed that they never targeted kids during his watch. *cough*bullshit*cough*.)

But now I wonder if they'd found some special, extra-nasty, angle on Marty though the kid and were starting to squeeze on it around that time in 2014.

29. Give me some credit for being Google proficient. I've been around since 2008 for fuck's sake.

This is not the video. They had more than one Alamo video.
    • Like Like x 2
  30. BLiP Member

Nope.
  31. RightOn Member

It will be interesting to see what comes next.
    Bet all the people who supported Marty and thought a leopard can change his spots are feeling kinda derpy right now.
    • Like Like x 1
  32. DeathHamster Member

So should the people who thought this was all a cunning plan for Marty to oust Miscavige and take over CoS.

It is possible that CoS is "holding a gun" on his family (or at least he thinks so). After years of being followed by PIs and infested with SB cockroaches without crumbling, something seemed to change in 2014. Maybe it was threats, maybe it was cash, maybe it was brain chemistry...
  33. If there was any doubt that Rathbun is no longer an active target for scientology fair game, at least not openly, he was left out of the scientology corporation's newest publicly posted enemy list.

See Tony Ortega. http://tonyortega.org/2017/02/27/keep-your-oscars-we-won-a-scientology-bigot-award/

My guess is that he's trying to raise his child with some sense of normalcy and so gave the cult what it wanted just to leave his family alone.