Customize

Marty: An Open Letter to Tony Ortega

Discussion in 'Independent Scientology' started by Zhongjianren, Sep 28, 2011.

1. Zhongjianren Member

An Open Letter to Tony Ortega
    http://markrathbun.wordpress.com/2011/09/28/an-open-letter-to-tony-ortega/
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Anonymous Member

I see. According to Marty, the veracity of facts & accuracy of an article is totally dependent on whether Independent Scientologists believe in it or not.

LOL. Marty is a narcissistic retard bent on starting his own cult.
  3. Anonymous Member

Here stands Martyr, impervious to dox.
  4. Smurf Member

Mike Rinder posted (on M's blog)..

"I don't think Tony is not an ally. And I dont think he is a wolf in sheep’s clothing, naive or greedy, I think he has no subjective reality on Scientology, Thus he can only observe it objectively. He said nothing new about LRH in his piece, It is pretty old and worn. Trying to be objective about something as personal as what Scientology provides to individuals and why it is so important and valuable. Tony Ortega isnt a religious scholar either. But he does have tremendous courage and he has stood up the monster that so many others have backed away from — and for that, he deserves a lot of credit."

Good on him.
    • Like Like x 8
  5. enthaeon Member

• Like Like x 4
  6. Anonymous Member

7. Anonymous Member

8. I await, with optimum patience, Tony Ortega's public reply to Mister Narcissist! The bawwwing may have only just begun! ;)
    • Like Like x 2
  9. Anonymous Member

10. Anonymous Member

Fixed
    Jeebbers what a blowhard.
  11. Miranda Member

I try to stay more or less neutral on the subject of Marty Rathbun because I do believe in glasnost, but really. That is an absurd temper tantrum. People won't believe everything you say, MR--get over it! And the world doesn't really care if you don't get over it. You're just a person, like everyone else.
    • Like Like x 1
  12. DeathHamster Member

I bet as he typed each one of those possibilities, he cursed and swore because he no longer had OSA resources to do exactly that.

Marty claims impotence as a virtue.
    • Like Like x 6
  13. Anonymous Member

the butthurt Is predictable

it like Yelling Hitler Sucks at a Neo Nazi Rally..

Tony O Rained on their Ubermensch Happy fun club parade

and it shows
  14. DeathHamster Member

rofl-demotivational-poster-1207956398.jpg
    • Like Like x 2
  15. Triumph Member

Martys first day on the job in the Sea Org.....Is the day He lost his bullshit detector....
    when he was assigned as Diane Colettos bodyguard....

http://www.whyaretheydead.info/jesse/coletto.html

that incident should Have been Martys clue that Scientology was pure utter Bullshit

they took special care of Marty....scrambling his brain
    • Like Like x 5
  16. Marty needs help, he shouldn't be offering it, imho....
    • Like Like x 5
  17. Zhongjianren Member

http://markrathbun.wordpress.com/2011/09/28/an-open-letter-to-tony-ortega/#comment-151196
  18. Zhongjianren Member

http://markrathbun.wordpress.com/2011/09/28/an-open-letter-to-tony-ortega/#comment-151213
  19. DeathHamster Member

It's amazing (and sad, very very sad) how they keep saying shit like "has no subjective reality on Scientology" like it's a bad thing. Really, what is wrong with living in a demonstrable objective reality and demanding dox now and then? Noooo, it's all fucking Hubbard and his "truth for you" subjective (selective) fantasy worlds full of Harry Potter wannabes.

If Marty really respected subjective reality, he'd let Barbara Schwarz move in with him and Mosey. (Except that in BS's subjective reality, Marty isn't Marty. Oops!)
    • Like Like x 3
  20. Zhongjianren Member

I find it interesting this was posted on Marty's blog:
    http://markrathbun.wordpress.com/2011/09/28/an-open-letter-to-tony-ortega/#comment-151217
    • Like Like x 3
  21. 00anon00 Member

Emperor:Clothes
    • Like Like x 2
  22. Chipshotz Member

It's the usual hugfest over there but an interesting comment made it through:

• Like Like x 3
  23. Sonichu Moderator

Oh it's the usual Marty Tactic....

didn't confront the part about how suppose Anonymous fails and Scientology needs a new leader, there is no policy for selecting one.

There is no policy for changing policies LRH wrote.

In short, there is no way to cancel disconnection without being a squirrel, (or starting all over again, which would be preferable.)

Way to miss the whole point of the post Marty.

in the end of it all, Flubbard lying about all that stuff in his past is irrelevant to the church he created. He created policies designed to protect himself, put scientology forward, and to destroy enemies and critics.

oh and of Course Mosey came to that conclusion. Because disagreeing with you is just about as big a sin as there can be. Also did you have to reiterate or restate many times so she would come to that conclusion?

You fail to notice that a policy stating, : "Keep (insert favorite corporation here) Working, it comes off, to the general public, as being a dogmatic command that it must stay working, failure of (BRAND) is not acceptable. It's not just what it means, (however you came up with it) It's what people see from it. It's how it's interpreted. THere is no PL stating that it only means "If it ain't broke, don't fix it. Likewise, there is no policy dictating, "KSW means at any cost keep scientology working" It's open to interpretation.

And with an organization whose stated goal is to "Clear" the planet of aberrated being, (including Homosexuals) and depriving them of civic rights, where the leader is selected via who can grab the most power and hold on to it, I don't really want things like that left to such a broad interpretation.
    • Like Like x 1
  24. Smurf Member

Hey, Marty, remember this?

[IMG]

Mr. Mark Rathbun has also contributed to a number of major victories in church history. Working alongside Mr. David Miscavige, Chairman of Board of the Religious Technology Center, he helped end the 40-year conflict between the church and the IRS, resulting in the 1993 recognition of the religious and charitable status of more than 150 Scientology churches around the world, including RTC.

http://web.archive.org/web/20050904200333/www.rtc.org/en_US/mark-rathbun.html
    • Like Like x 1
  25. AnonLover Member

Uhhhhh, no. Here's hoping Tony doesnt dignify it with a response and ignores it as the irrelevant crap that it is.
    • Like Like x 3
  26. pooks Member

Open Message to Tony O. Please stop confusing Marty with the facts!
    • Like Like x 6
  27. Miranda Member

I think TO's comments in #1 and #2 anticipate MR's reactions. He doesn't owe any explanation--he's a journalist, not a believer. A lot of people feel betrayed when they realize that after an interview.
    • Like Like x 3
  28. Anonymous Member

"Religious Scholar". Is that like a "Pokemon Scholar" or is it a useless pursuit?
  29. Anonymous Member

PROOF. Proof in black and white. Proof that independent scientologists regard the explicit instructions from L Ron Hubbard about destroying your enemies through harassment and intimidation as not worthy of being adhered to. The old goat was VERY insistent on it.

Or it might just be impotence, as you say.
  30. Anonymous Member

I suspect this Ortega character has failed to even gather Marty's required "subjective-reality" on White Supremacy, Islam, or Aum Supreme Truth or the Heaven's Gate cult. Harumpmh. And he tries to pass himself off as a subjective journalist. (Hardy har har.)
  31. Anonymous Member

Meanwhile back INT base David Miscavige speaking:

The indians aren't carrying out Fair Game!!!

THey are disobeying Policy orders!!!!! OMG THEY ARE SO OUT ETHICS!!!

SEE?!?! SEE?!?! MARTY IS ENCOURAGING PEOPLE TO IGNORE LRH POLICIES!!! hE IS A SQUIRREL!!! HE JUST ADMITTED TO IT!!!
  32. Anonymous Member

The indians?
  33. Anonymous Member

Definitely the latter.

Implementing major harassment requires resources that Miscavige has, but Marty does not.

Don't think for one moment that Marty wouldn't implement his own Fair Game policy if he thought he could get away with it.
  34. Sponge Member

Why should Marty be surprised and disappointed? IIRC Tony Ortega has been writing critical articles about scientology for about 12 years. His position has always been pretty clear.
    • Like Like x 3
  35. Smurf Member

Because Marty, obviously feels that his friendship with Tony, and his providing him dox for previous stories, entitles Marty to dictate what Tony can write about. Tony is not Marty's PR agent. MR is so full of himself, he can't comprehend the reality of the matter.
    • Like Like x 2
  36. Anonymous Member

Because Marty's either a bit dim or disingenuous. Oh. Rhetorical question. Right. But, come to think of it, I think my answer is a pretty good response to most Marty related questions.
  37. Sponge Member

Maybe the disappointment felt by Marty is in himself because, let's face it, after he has applied LRH tech the clean superior(indy) way and still not handled Tony O then it is going to sting a bit. The thing is, he's accepted that he can't fair game, dead agent, disconnect or do any of the nasty other things that he's already claimed that Indy scientology wouldn't do.

So, what does he do now? In his comments section, Mike Rinder gave a clue with a kind of semi-diplomatic "meh" response, stopping short of burning bridges, which is best summarized as: "What's true for Tony is True, what's true for Indies is true" .... but fuck the actual truth.
    Ostrich tech, it derps and it herps people. It's been the Freezone way for years.
    • Like Like x 4
  38. Krautfag Member

I just went over the comment section and ahhh, delicious tears :)

There is one good thing apart from the now much needed mutual self-reaffirmation though: at least they are talking and not just pouting as usual. And they are discussing their most taboo issue: the shortcomings of dead Elron.

Rinder said something very interesting, probably more interesting than he intended to:
    Yes Mike, we from the normal world are trying to observe things objectively.
    I need no subjectivity from, for example, a red-glowing oven plate to tell that I burn my hand if I touch it. And if I was stupid enough to touch it, I need yet less to touch the red glow again to see if it's still hot. That's how intelligence works.
    Dead Elron convinced you that the red glow is awesome to touch, never mind the pain from your burned hand. But hey, whatever get's you through the night...

Body Thetans my ass. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Delusional_parasitosis
    • Like Like x 2
  39. Anonymous Member

40. subrosa Member

I found Tony's article to be concise, well-written and well researched. Accurate and to the point. Too bad Marty can't write like that.
    • Like Like x 5