Customize

Marty: An Open Letter to Tony Ortega

Discussion in 'Independent Scientology' started by Zhongjianren, Sep 28, 2011.

1. When reading Marty's response, I could tell that it was carefully crafted as to not further alienate his fragile 'one-half-foot-in' flock. Marty's responses to those that would write half the criticism of his beloved LRH are filled with venom and incomprehensible attacks. I could tell he was seething while typing his response while trying to not alienate his sycophants. Anyone with a brain could see that his 'open letter' was weak in logic and highly defensive, which to a Scientologist is tantamount to a flunk.

I am highly amused and also proud of all of us for these great events. I remember feeling justified and elated when a local news channel in small town middle America carried stories about protesters getting assaulted at protests. You all have taken it to another level now. Please take the time to enjoy this moment.

Also, we all should show our gratitude for Tony O's great series to t1kk. If I were a female, I'd be on him like a bad disease. T1kk is a superstar in my book. Marty will continue to give us entertainment, but t1kk runs circles around Marty's blathering (and constantly changing ideology). T1kk is a true wordsmith behind the scenes that whispers reason in important ears.
    • Like Like x 20
  2. muldrake Member

Agreed. Tikk is the best kind of critic. Eschewing speculation and tinfoil hat nuttiness, any definitive statement he makes has dox behind it. Any statement about the law he makes has law behind it. Any statement he makes about idiots has idiots in front of it. What more could anyone want?
    • Like Like x 12
  3. Zhongjianren Member

http://markrathbun.wordpress.com/2011/09/28/an-open-letter-to-tony-ortega/#comment-151318
    • Like Like x 2
  4. Sonichu Moderator

• Like Like x 3
  5. When Hubbard's lies and personal failings are pointed out, Martyologists talk about Scientology as a science that doesn't rely on the character of Hubbard. When the lack of scientific evidence is pointed out, they talk about Scientology as a religion that doesn't need proof. They are capable of moving back and forth between the two in a single discussion.
    • Like Like x 7
  6. Anonymous Member

Elwood on OCMB nicely distilled both sides of the debate about Hubbard:
  7. Also because the purported 'tech' is based entirely on the divine/metaphysical/supernatural revelations supposedly achieved by Hubbard, so anything which causes doubt about Hubbard's honesty or his mental health - such as his history of fraud and poor mental health - is rather important.

It seems unlikely to me that this is truly the 'indy position'.
  8. Great post Heather G...it certainly triggered some interesting discussion amongst the Martyites. I don't usually like Marty et al quotes brought from there to here but, oh well...

(also a reference by Rinder to "upcoming events", my bolding)
  9. Anonymous Member

You can’t have both: Being above question as a religion and insisting that you only believe in it "because it works". Narconon for example does not work. It is based on unscientific theories. There are no abilities like those that an OT is supposed to have. Or even a Clear. These things don’t exist in the real world. You have a right to believe in it as a religion, but if you say "it works" don’t complain when you are held to scientific standards. So, I’m not so sure that Marty would really enjoy an open discussion about the workability of Scientology.

As to all the talk about "it’s all out of context". I’m so tired of hearing that argument from Scientologists. In the Staff Status II package there is the statement that statistics determine how your behaviour is treated in Scientology justice, I think it runs along the lines of if your stats are bad you can’t do so much as sneeze, but if they are goold or if you’re a kha khan you can get away with murder. The point here is not to take the murder reference literal, but that this is the opposite of a real system of justice where the action is treated according to its merits and context and not the status of the person who performs said action. This isn’t just a matter of context and misunderstanding. It’s a matter of understanding and disagreeing.
  10. Anonymous Member

There was a good ESMB thread recently talking about how Scientology manipulates context.

Some other interesting things in there too:

http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthread.php?24889-Context-in-Scientology
  11. I found this comment to be the most mind-warping yet.

http://markrathbun.wordpress.com/2011/09/28/an-open-letter-to-tony-ortega/#comment-151721

Here is some Ron text that was posted to back up Marty's claim that Ron's character and lies don't matter:

Using some of Ron's proven lies to argue the unimportance of some of his other proven lies?
    martyrathbun09 | September 30, 2011 at 1:16 pm | Reply

Raul, great post man.
    • Like Like x 1
  12. QFT

More QFT

youre-right.gif
    • Like Like x 2
  13. amaX Member

"Sooner or later Excalibur will be published and I may have a chance to get some name recognition out of it so as to pave the way to articles and comments which are my ideas of writing heaven ... Foolishly perhaps, but determined none the less, I have high hopes of smashing my name into history so violently that it will take a legendary form even if all books are destroyed. That goal is the real goal as far as I am concerned."
    ---L. Ron Hubbard
    • Like Like x 2
  14. Anonymous Member

Good thing there was no Internet in the 1950s, or we'd be deluged with 50 petabytes of this filth.
  15. LMAO! Rinder is SO Marty's lapdog!
    • Like Like x 3
  16. Sonichu Moderator

So then it becomes a question of "What is scientific about Scientology, and what is religious?"

(Anyone else think it's ridiculous to have to cull out the Science in something that has "Science" in it's name?

Essentially, here's the long and short of it. LRH himself blurred the lines between verifiable truths and half truths/rumors he heard/drug induced recollections.

One very simple example:

Barley Water Infant formula.

You can't call this Scientific, because of a number of reasons:

1. There is no Evidence. that Romans ever ate this formula. Coupled with the fact that "Corn Syrup" could not have existed in Roman times, and that Honey (Corn syrup or Honey, 2 ingredients used in the formula) is linked to infant botulism, it's unlikely that if they did make this mixture, the probably never fed it to their infants. In fact there is evidence that Romans Breast Fed their babies.

2. No Scientologist has ever submitted this to become a useful infant formula.

3. The formula, when tested, is shown to be without any sort of vitamins.

By these 3 examples, you can prove that certain parts of Scientology are not scientifically based in fact.

Until Marty publishes a list of what things he's throwing out (and I hope Barley Formula is) I remain skeptical of the whole lot.

You are gonna have to make it official what we can "Scientifically" agree "works every time" and things that are "Religious" and "true, what's true for you"
    • Like Like x 5
  17. exOT8Michael Member

LRH did "what he could get away with" to get power and money.
    DM, OSA, Marty and cult attorneys are cast in the same mold.
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Anonymous Member

As former Inspector General, Marty outranks Mike the former OSA head.
  19. Yes, but the boys are out of the big nasty cult now. It's time Rinder grew some balls and stopped being frightened of Martyr.
  20. Anonymous Member

atlasad.jpg
  21. hushpuppy Member

Sort of a follow-up to the open letter on Marty's blog today, with an outrageous claim I haven't heard before:
    (Emphasis mine)

More here: http://markrathbun.wordpress.com/2011/09/30/
  22. Cold War establishment's demonization of Hubbard: "Appears mental".
    • Like Like x 3
  23. Anonymous Member

FIFY
  24. TruFix
    • Like Like x 1
  25. Anonymous Member

I absolutely loved this post. It shows how Allender is proud of looking like an idiotic ass. He must live in parallel reality from most of us. I can't believe he signed his post "squirrel buster international".
    • Like Like x 2
  26. Sam Urai Member

Maybe a little bit of both.
  27. Anonymous Member

It's black or white around these here parts. Just ask the experts.
  28. mirele Member

I think Marty's mistake was in assuming that Tony O was his friend. No, Tony's not his friend, he's a great example of a real journalist. Too many times, and especially in the last decade or so, journalists have sought to be the friends of those they covered, and they'd protect their friends (cf. Judith Miller). A good journalist talks to everyone but doesn't slant his coverage because the people he is covering are his friends. S/he's fearless in telling the truth. Tony's doing just that and Marty's bewildered. Maybe Marty needs to word-clear "I.F. Stone", who reported on Washington and had a lot of sources and presumably a lot of friends, but he fearlessly reported the truth. I see Tony as following along in Stone's footsteps (now don't you go getting a big head, Tony).
    • Like Like x 2
  29. QFT! And very nicely stated.

My limited impression of Marty Rathbun - based as it is, entirely upon what I have read of what he has written, and what I have seen and heard in the videos - is that Marty really believes that he has the power to charm anybody and everybody.

Obviously, I believe Marty to be a fool, and a very uninteresting fool. However, his butthurt over how a real journalist has treated him in the Top 25 articles, is something I am finding to be very lulzy.
    • Like Like x 2
  30. Anonymous Member

Crowley is actually much easier to read than Hubbard and far more accessable. I doubt too many will go off to become 'black dianeticists' just because all of LRon's drivel is public, mostly because of the separate language and equipment involved. Much easier to aquire a holy rood and a mystic rose than an e-meter anytime.

It will continue to be passed around in the occult doc drops, but few will bother to read past the first few sentences. Crowley was a fascinating character, LRon is a bad-tempered ginger with shitty dentition.
  31. Anonymous Member

Lol at people thinking this was actually written by Allender...
  32. liking that ^^ post in spite of the server
    • Like Like x 1
  33. Anonymous Member

Is he? He actually supported Tony O on Marty's blog.
  34. Anonymous Member

Coming to think of it - you might be right. But recently the whole Scientology/indies/Marty/anons posting on the same blog became so insane, that I won't be too surprised if it actually were Allender posting.
    • Like Like x 1

35. Nothing that John Allender does would surprise me, the man has achieved the highest levels of Scientology's 'Spiritual' enlightenment, OT8 and now suffers from sheer lunacy and this was well before he had a camera attatched to his fricken head and later when he continued spewing LRH Squirrel horseshit at Marty the Squirrel while getting blasted in the face and ballz by fellow OT LRH 'Tech'-trained enforcer and abuser, Marty Rathbun who became a victim of the LRH instituted abuse that he himself used to inflict on others and now poor Marty bawwws incessently.

Hubbard lied about everything, an utter fraud, no research, no miracle cures of his blindness, no documented research on anything, just hypnotic, controlling abusive processes, policies, recordings and science-fiction writings. The man's been fully exposed as such and his legacy is permanently available on the internet which is the main reason they can't recruit new members with Hubbard's lies anymore.

L. Ron Hubbard was a manipulative squirrel himself, he did nothing but squirrel from others to form his 'Tech'.

I feel badly for every single ex-scientologist ( including deluded frauds Rathbun and Rinder) who ALL need to wean off LRH 'Tech" and confront the truth about Hubbard who defrauded them all of so much imho and not be sold more by Rathbun and Rinder who show a lot of the same arrogance and smugness in their blog retorts that they had when running black ops for LRH.

Google: L. Ron Hubbard

(Go ahead, you can look, forget entheta, it was used to control you and hide Hubbard's past and abuses from you)
    • Like Like x 4

36. This poor bastard, OT7 Georgie has had more than his proper share of LRH 'Tech'.

Don't see too many videos of OT's really contributing to society except to KSW, donate, seek donations and promote the scam through whatever means possible.

The LRH 'Tech' which was completely built on lies and fraud needs to be wished away to the cornfield, imho.
  37. Anonymous Member

. . . and another OT represents for Scientology:

38. xenubarb Member

According to Allender, Scientology's mission has changed...

We’re supposed to be building Ideal OrgsWe’re supposed to be building Ideal OrgsWe’re supposed to be building Ideal OrgsWe’re supposed to be building Ideal OrgsWe’re supposed to be building Ideal OrgsWe’re supposed to be building Ideal OrgsWe’re supposed to be building Ideal OrgsWe’re supposed to be building Ideal OrgsWe’re supposed to be building Ideal OrgsWe’re supposed to be building Ideal OrgsWe’re supposed to be building Ideal OrgsWe’re supposed to be building Ideal OrgsWe’re supposed to be building Ideal OrgsWe’re supposed to be building Ideal OrgsWe’re supposed to be building Ideal OrgsWe’re supposed to be building Ideal OrgsWe’re supposed to be building Ideal OrgsWe’re supposed to be building Ideal OrgsWe’re supposed to be building Ideal OrgsWe’re supposed to be building Ideal OrgsWe’re supposed to be building Ideal OrgsWe’re supposed to be building Ideal OrgsWe’re supposed to be building Ideal OrgsWe’re supposed to be building Ideal OrgsWe’re supposed to be building Ideal OrgsWe’re supposed to be building Ideal OrgsWe’re supposed to be building Ideal OrgsWe’re supposed to be building Ideal OrgsWe’re supposed to be building Ideal OrgsWe’re supposed to be building Ideal OrgsWe’re supposed to be building Ideal OrgsWe’re supposed to be building Ideal OrgsWe’re supposed to be building Ideal OrgsWe’re supposed to be building Ideal OrgsWe’re supposed to be building Ideal OrgsWe’re supposed to be building Ideal OrgsWe’re supposed to be building Ideal OrgsWe’re supposed to be building Ideal OrgsWe’re supposed to be building Ideal OrgsWe’re supposed to be building Ideal OrgsWe’re supposed to be building Ideal OrgsWe’re supposed to be building Ideal OrgsWe’re supposed to be building Ideal OrgsWe’re supposed to be building Ideal OrgsWe’re supposed to be building Ideal OrgsWe’re supposed to be building Ideal OrgsWe’re supposed to be building Ideal OrgsWe’re supposed to be building Ideal OrgsWe’re supposed to be building Ideal OrgsWe’re supposed to be building Ideal OrgsWe’re supposed to be building Ideal OrgsWe’re supposed to be building Ideal OrgsWe’re supposed to be building Ideal OrgsWe’re supposed to be building Ideal OrgsWe’re supposed to be building Ideal OrgsWe’re supposed to be building Ideal OrgsWe’re supposed to be building Ideal OrgsWe’re supposed to be building Ideal OrgsWe’re supposed to be building Ideal OrgsWe’re supposed to be building Ideal OrgsWe’re supposed to be building Ideal OrgsWe’re supposed to be building Ideal OrgsWe’re supposed to be building Ideal OrgsWe’re supposed to be building Ideal OrgsWe’re supposed to be building Ideal OrgsWe’re supposed to be building Ideal OrgsWe’re supposed to be building Ideal OrgsWe’re supposed to be building Ideal Orgs
    • Like Like x 1
  39. PodPeople Member

What these "new and improved" scientologists still don't get is that this is Not about Negotiation.
    This is about Dissolution.

They've been judged by their peers and adjudicated as incompetent, irresponsible, mentally unsound and a danger to themselves and others. After a quarter of a century, all they can see through their blindness is one, only one, psychopath that they have fully supported all that time. Among them they have committed at least financial crimes, harmed themselves and/or others to mental disabilities, financial ruin, social relationships, family relationships ripped apart, caused emotional distress for all around them, dumped their own children, massacred careers, businesses and reputations, caused or assisted debilitating physical conditions and even death. Oh, and it's DM's fault, and no, they won't report anything to authorities, no they won't get educated and licensed, or do anything that society requires as the norm.

And now they crawl out of their caves and proclaim "Trust Us, we know what we're doing".
    Um, no, because of the above and because they still exorcise "dead people" and act like "pod people".
    • Like Like x 6
  40. Anonymous Member

Hey! I used to know him back when he was just a nerdy guy and not a ronbot! Very good to see he's slowly shedding the mindfuck!