Customize

Marty Busted (?)

Discussion in 'Independent Scientology' started by Xinjifar, Sep 16, 2011.

1. whosit Member

Oh. And here I thought he was just ignoring the fact that the dwarf and the rest were applying 100% pure tech/policy against himself.

I don't doubt that his ego is getting in the way but really; for a guy that wants to tout Hubbard being a be all end all to everyone's troubles why is he complaining about Hubbard's own practices?
    • Like Like x 3
  2. Anonymous Member

Marty is a Califag.
    Your post is fail.
  3. Anonymous Member

inb4R245
  4. Anonymous Member

Mark "Martyr" Rathbun

tumblr_lorq5zP9271qdvatvo1_400.png
  5. hushpuppy Member

Charges rejected!

San Patricio County rejects charge against former Scientology official Rathbun – caller.com

CORPUS CHRISTI — An assault case against former Scientology official Mark "Marty" Rathbun was rejected by the San Patricio County Attorney's office Tuesday, less than four days after Rathbun's arrest.

County Attorney David Aken said his office determined no jury would convict Rathbun after seeing the way in which the complainant and his film crew had been videotaping Rathbun's life for the last 155 days.

Rathbun was arrested Friday on a warrant stemming from an incident around Sept. 1 when he asked film crew member Norman James Moore to stop bothering his wife outside their home in Ingleside on the Bay. When Moore didn't respond, Rathbun snatched Moore's sunglasses from his face. Moore pressed a misdemeanor assault charge, saying his forehead had been scratched.
    "We took a totality of the circumstances," Aken said. "We examined the level of provocation and the extent of the injury, which was literally a scratch."

The bizarre drama playing out in Ingleside on the Bay has annoyed residents captured the attention of Scientology watchers around the globe.

Rathbun once directed legal affairs for the church and coordinated operations intended to intimidate or silence church critics. Now, having defected from the church, he finds himself on the opposite end of the kinds of activities he once directed.
    The Scientology film crew calls itself the Squirrel Busters. In Scientology, a squirrel is a heretic. The Squirrel Busters have been surveilling Rathbun since April, claiming to film a documentary about him.

But Rathbun and Bert Leahy, a freelance videographer who worked briefly for the Squirrel Busters, say the group was sent by the church to harass him for speaking out and for leading a growing movement of Scientologists who are leaving the church to practice the religion on their own. The Squirrel Busters say they are not affiliated with the organized church, though documents show they have exchanged correspondence with the church's legal director.

Friday's arrest was at least the second case in which a Squirrel Buster pressed charges against Rathbun only to have the case rejected by the county.
    • Like Like x 14
  6. Anonymous Member

This local journalist seems strikingly well informed of the overall situation. Looking forward to moar.
    • Like Like x 5
  7. elwood Member

I was referring to the likely sympathies of the jury. BTW, re post #244, I rest my case.
  8. RightOn Member

yes!!!
    COS lost another trumped up charge. This is very important.
    I hope this adds to the pile/file of COS phony charges that once again didn't work and I hope the local law makers and courts, lawyers and whomever take notice
    Scientolgy you failed
    • Like Like x 3
  9. Random guy Member

This is a nice little fail for the cult. I guess there's a black eye or two in Gold tonight as a tiny tyrant vents his frustration.
    • Like Like x 1
  10. PTS/SP Tech trampled into the dust (with Jimmy's specs)!

Should Marty -

a) Shit, or
    b) go blind?
  11. Anonymous Member

Viddy well, my little droogies. Even the press has got Marty pegged.
    • Like Like x 4
  12. PodPeople Member

• Like Like x 1
  13. Anonymous Member

So Marty can rip off their sunglasses and use hosepipe tech whenever he wants!

Great! More videos so I can laugh moar at $cientology failing hard!!

LOL Miscavige you fuckin little dwarf!!
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Sponge Member

Making scientology look like a completely sane church of a bona fide religion, which works and it helps people.

WTG!
    • Like Like x 2
  15. Zhongjianren Member

• Like Like x 2
  16. PodPeople Member

I'm seeing more and more questions of why oh why doesn't Marty file an RO, or some kind of complaint, or file Something (also, buy guard dogs, install fence, security cams/alarms). The whiny response he gives is, of course, heard as a WTF? response to the townspeople. I know the police can't speak opinions, but I think some must be wondering the same, and certainly now with judges and Aken getting pulled into this dysfunctional drama, maybe town or county officials will be able to file something of their own.

Never heard, read about Marty telling the honest answer to their questions. He is, in fact, applying that superior Hubbard ethics and justice tech. Marty can't answer honestly, much less do the sane, logical things (and yes legal) most men would do if someone was stalking their wife while they're out of town.

Not even a fence or guard dog. I hope Mosey is doing something to protect herself better in the future. She doesn't have that dedicated dead glare yet. She seems smart enough to realize this is an escalating scene and dealing with not-full-deck dicks here.
    • Like Like x 4
  17. Squirrel King Member

Yeah right. Marty is still held to WOG law like the rest of us. If he keeps it up and continues to be provoked, he will face punishment.

BTW: Tomorrow is the Season Premiere of Wog Law: Special Thetans Unit.
    • Like Like x 2
  18. Anonymous Member

ORLY?
  19. beef Member

When will Miscavidge and OSA realize that Marty LOVES the attention the Squirrel busters are giving him. Without the busters, Marty would have a hard time staying relevant.
    • Like Like x 2
  20. Anonymous Member

Occam's Razor says that Marty wants it this way.
    • Like Like x 1
  21. xenubarb Member

Did you miss the video of one of the early LA pickets where some skinny clamgirl kicked anon, then yanked the shades off another one and ran into a building? She stole them, there were no demands for arrests. Thy name is hyperbole. (if they were my glasses, I would bug the cops to get them back cuz I can't see without them. But they would have to get through my defenses first, just sayin)
    • Like Like x 2
  22. Anonymous Member

Not true. The anons involved did contact the police & complain. It was the LAPD that made excuses for not doing anything.
    • Like Like x 1
  23. Smurf Member

The criminal charges have been dropped. Don't be so sure a civil case against Marty isn't brewing...
  24. Smurf Member

They failed on criminal grounds. I'm betting a civil case is brewing which the San Patricio county attorney would have no jurisdiction.
  25. Anonymous Member

That'll get tossed, too. It's Texas, not Gaylifornia.
    • Like Like x 2
  26. Anonymous Member

Epic "Legally we're a fuckin church so fuck off" lady FTW.
    • Like Like x 3
  27. Malory Member

Christ Barb, are you really trying to claim there's never been an overreaction to incidents?

http://forums.whyweprotest.net/threads/san-diego-moron-pushes-wrong-button.44169/page-2#post-928139

Look, when it comes to Marty and the SqiBs I don't care who gets arrested because it all amuses me but Marty left himself wide open for this one.
  28. PodPeople Member

Yep
  29. PodPeople Member

Seems to be the one-two punch pattern. I'm just wondering though about the different environment. This is smaller townships/counties. It's not like Pinellas County (Clearwater/Flag) or Washington, DC or other larger cities. This could so backfire. I hope DM keeps it up because it's more likely to be picked up in larger Texan media outlets. Mark Collette of Corpus Christie Caller isn't some pimple-faced intern in the backroom office.
    • Like Like x 2
  30. Anonymous Member

FIFY :)
  31. subgenius Member

Love it. My nominee for the Xenophon Award in the category of Baca Balls.

Did this glorious bastard actually do some research and fact-checking?
    • Like Like x 4
  32. PodPeople Member

http://www.linkedin.com/in/markcollette

Since his past work includes NASA environment, he might even believe in science.
    • Like Like x 3
  33. LocalSP Member

Makes me wonder and hope that the SquiBs may make a return appearance. I heard that it's open season on SquiB's in Texas. I wonder if you need a license to hunt them?
    • Like Like x 2
  34. subgenius Member

Nah, they're varmints.
    • Like Like x 1
  35. Xinjifar Member

You've got to be kidding me. The *last* thing either the 'Church' or Marty wants is to have Marty on a witness stand under oath. The original complaint was probably just Moore forgetting to 'call home' before getting clever.
  36. un-isness Member

Why?

"Under oath" in wog court is 100% meaningless to true Scientologists. Greatest good for the greatest number of ...
  37. Anonymous Member

[IMG]
  38. Xinjifar Member

Because, while it's difficult to prosecute an organized criminal conspiracy, it's fairly simple to go after individuals who lie on the stand or to the FBI. It's called the Martha Stewart Effect. And, those are the people likely to spill the beans.

So, Marty is no more likely to want to be forced to answer 'under oath' than the 'Church' is likely to want to see him on the stand.
  39. Smurf Member

You're so off the path, Zinj. A civil lawsuit would allow Scio attorneys to compel Marty to deposition and to potentially refer where his funding sources are. The cult would take advantage of it for a fishing expedition. What. precisely, do you think Marty would say in defending himself that would scare the pants off the cult, that would not compromise his own role in criminal conduct?
    • Like Like x 1
  40. Anonymous Member

No need to hunt them if they SHOW UP ON YOUR PORCH UNINVITED!

I'm sure if Party Marty explained to the Ingleside cops that he will be deploying pepper spray into the faces of these SquiB fucktards when they next show up, they would get behind him and even show him how to use it properly.

Naturally the Anonymous way is thru non-violence.

But Texas Law dictates Marty should be able to spray these old-ass agents of Miscavige the Coward straight in the face with a hot can of mace.

As long as he gets it on video it's all good.
    • Like Like x 3