Customize

[Marty]: Church of Scientology and David Miscavige threatened CNN and Anderson Cooper

Discussion in 'Independent Scientology' started by Kha Khan, May 26, 2010.

1. Kha Khan Member

[Marty]: Church of Scientology and David Miscavige threatened CNN and Anderson Cooper

For those of you who don't like "Marty" cross-posts, what the hell are you doing reading this given the [Marty] warning in the subject line? :)

Standard disclaimer, see signature below. Also, please understand that the following is unverified hearsay, so it is best that you ignore this post and move along, ok?

Still here? I'll put in bold what I think is really important, but will quote the entire thing because I think the description of DM's behavior is interesting.

Now, what I find interesting (in addition to the primary concerns, the threats on CNN and the use of TCs power) is DM's homophobia. And I mean homophobia is the strictest definition of that term -- fear of homosexuality (as opposed to hatred of homosexuality). A Scientologist would say that DM has a real button on the topic.

ESMB Thread: [Marty]: Church of Scientology and David Miscavige threatened CNN and Anderson Cooper

/
  2. Obvious Sock Member

Re: [Marty]: Church of Scientology and David Miscavige threatened CNN and Anderson Co

If Slappy is sooooooo obsessed with every one else's homosexuality...there's a very very very very good chance he is a self-loathing homosexual struggling to stay in denial.

That's usually the case.
  3. Kha Khan Member

Re: [Marty]: Church of Scientology and David Miscavige threatened CNN and Anderson Co

More info:
  4. Re: [Marty]: Church of Scientology and David Miscavige threatened CNN and Anderson Co

All that effort for CNN? When the best they could manage for Nightline was Tommy Davis in a rage?

Something doesn't sit right...
  5. Anonymous Member

"waaaahhh! DM is BAAAAADDD! I could totally bring him down by simply fessing up and going to the police but that would ruin my chances at running my own cult... waaaaaahhhh!"
  6. Kha Khan Member

I can think of two possibilities.

First, as hard as it can be for some here to believe, the COS does sometimes learn from its mistakes. (Witness the rapid reaction landscaping after the CST raid.) I didn't say that it learned the right lessons, just some lessons -- usually to be more aggressive, make more effort, be more "at cause." It may be that the "lesson" the COS learned from the Nightline fiasco was to be more intimidating, threaten more, be more "at cause" -- because obviously the effort they made with Nightline was not enough.

Secondly (and these options are not mutually exclusive), this time it is personal. The attack is not on Scientology, but on DM. A lot of what I'm reading and hearing, from various sources, is that DM is obsessed with his own reputation, but the COS -- not quite so much.

/
  7. Re: [Marty]: Church of Scientology and David Miscavige threatened CNN and Anderson Co

Exactly. Most people could not give a shit about sexual preference. Very likely indeed.

And an angle to be pushed I would think. He will go bananas...
  8. Anonymous Member

I bet DM's a bottom and TC is a top.
  9. Random guy Member

Well, if David "Slappy" Miscavige is obsessed with his own image, he is very much a reflection of the cult itself. It seems image is one of the cults two main "buttons" (money being the other), I guess growing up in Hubbards insane organisation makes you very aware of those two aspects.

Anyway, this is a win-win situation for us. As long as Muscavige continues to react like spoilt brat whenever someone says he's mean, we have a very easy target. Miscaviges image is hardly defendable these days. Acting as he does (according to Marty), it seems he has no intention of jumping ship. He's ego will take the cult with him to its grave.
  10. Anonymous Member

Can't wait for the BBC doco...
  11. PimpXenu Member

I know how he feels, i had gorilla jizz in my throat once.
  12. stuwyatt Member

Thanks Kha Kahn for filtering an cross-posting from Marty's blog. Keep up the good work!

DM's homophobia is very telling... Freud would have a field day by studying the homosexual narcissistic dwarf and his Napoleon complex. I can't wait for the up and coming Panorama episode. I have a feeling that the cult are 'helping' make the episode even more awesome than it would have been had it actually aired a couple of months ago... I really hope that the BBC exposes the tactics used by the cult against them.

However, with age and health issues, I have learned to accept and appreciate the love of delayed gratification. When the Panorama episode finally airs, it will be worth the wait.

/popcorn
  13. JohnnyRUClear Member

{applause}

Y'know, that little Oscar Moment actually reads pretty much like a bite of one of DM's IAS melodramas. Imagine DM reading those exact words off his teleprompter and see.
  14. Crappy Member

Lol, 13375|*34|<?
  15. Anonymous Member

Didn't hubbard say something about finding crimes that involved probing things that people talked about negatively? Like if they are screaming about pedos, then they probably are one.

Sounds like David Miscavige may have some crimes there he needs to spit out.
  16. Anonymous Member

Go for 100 percent! Answer: "Jealous?"
  17. RightOn Member

thanks Kha
    All this info about lawyer intimidation and the cult's tactics should be leaked to the rags at the very least
  18. mirror neuron Member

It's gratifying that the corporations journalists work for now feel safe enough to allow a few of them to do their jobs. I hope future reports will be less and less subject to information control as more and more people realize that the witch is dead/dying.
  19. Anonymous Member

Or Rathburn is making it up, and cnn wasn't pressured at all. How damaging do you think footage of that so said army of lawyers standing in the CNN HQ would have been ? I find it insulting to the human intellect that this story is being passed of as true with no evidence whatsoever, all that is used is fabricated context and more than despicable manipulation tricks coming from someone that claims to have bettered his ways.
  20. timthephoto Member

we don't need to see footage of every bullying attempt by the cult to know that it happens in every case. we know how they operate, that's why we're here.

just because we don't trust rathbun doen't suddenly make the cult of scientology all innocent & honest - does it?
  21. Anonymous Member

alright, a couple of ideas came to me reading this post. The more posts I read from Marty's site, the more and more I see similarities between him and DM. The wording of the post and most everything else Marty has said are things to bolster his own image as a victim and a true believer, never as a critic or someone who did ill to others. While Marty has some great insight into the mind of Miscaviage, and the goings on at Int, I see his site as HIM calling the Kettle black. Just my take on it though.

Also, on the subject of the multiple Marty threads and their importance, I think it would be very naive to think that Marty and his group are not a major issue facing chanology right now, and they will only become more so in the future. This is a new battlefield that has opened up, and IMO one that was not chosen by us. Marty is very antagonistic, it is what he was taught to be inside the cult, and he will fight us tooth and nail to get what he wants, no matter the consequences.
  22. anon555 Member

rathbun is probably embellishing a bit, but the story is very similar to what the SP reporters mentioned, delay, threaten, delay some more and then bring in the sheep for last minute interview.

I think the reality is the media no longer fears the COS, CNN might have been sucked into the delay tactic, but the jobs threatened business I'm not sure I'd buy without hearing it from someone else.
  23. Anonymous Member

Where did i say any of that ? How are you reading that into what i wrote ?

I find it hard to believe that scientology sent an army of lawyers to CNN and CNN not mentioning it in the Cooper scientology special. Especially considering this whole alleged event has in its explanation been construed to be the excuse for Rathburn's reserve during the interview, in a way through this post Rathburn induces the idea that "he could not spill more incriminating information on CNN, not because he didn't want to, but because CNN was pressured into not going there".

Oddly enough this alleged events occurring only has been mentioned now, months after the alleged fact. Why is that ? Why wasn't this published before when it was far more relevant ? Why is it that only after he rightfully started to get more and more questions and criticism regarding his loyalty he published this ?

I'll say it again, you got to really be blind to not see this blatant attempt at exculpation. The publishing of this blog only confirms the gut feeling many will have that he can't be trusted, is a compulsive liar and has something to hide. Else he would not have done this.
  24. Sponge Member

This has been well known. In fact you could almost go as far as to say that he fears the act of being buggered (or maybe he fears that other people will think he might like it).
    For those that haven't seen it, or just want a lulzy reminder, here is a snippet of a 1997 legal deposition of David Miscavige with his bizarre buggery outbursts....
    Crime Boss Miscavige: Bizarre Buggery Outburst

EDIT: pic related.....
    [IMG]
  25. timthephoto Member

^ 2/10 pointless troll diaf, plz
  26. xenubarb Member

There have been a number of articles and tv shows targeting Scientology in the past ten years. And yet, we hardly ever hear about Scientology tactics used behind the scenes to quash them. It's a given that shit happens when Scientology is targeted, but for some reason it's not deemed newsworthy. Enough has come out to suggest that this is what the cult does. Every time. Because it's how they roll, and it's the only way they roll. Other than lawyers and PIs and attempted intimidation, they got nothin.
  27. Anonymous Member

LOL buggery
  28. Crappy Member

I thank you for two minutes of lolwut.
  29. Sponge Member

I can think of a reason why Cooper wouldn't mention any background pressure. Simply the fact that he wanted to get the story out and not give the cult anything else that is nothing to do with the story that the cult could then concentrate on and blow out of all proportion. Of course Anderson won't have realised that they'd do that anyway, without prompting, proceeeding to rip into him in such a personal way without any on-screen provocation. Then again, maybe he is aware of this and is enjoying the OTT rhetoric response from the cult, which the general public largely don't see and don't care about.
    I'm sure he can deal with it easily should any other news media outlet care to pick up the cult's bullshit and give it airtime worthy of a repsonse, otherwise what's the point? As reporter you go though your entire career in a state of not being able to please everyone with what you do and if you responded to all the whining and gnashing around your ankles then you'd never get anything done.

As for Marty Rathbun not telling anyone about the cults behind-the-scene tactics earlier; Who knows? I give up on predicting the intricate tactics of a fully fledged moonbat operating through a hubbard filter. Whilst you're on, you might was well ask Jeff Hawkins or Tom DeVocht too as to why they didn't go on about this sooner. They aren't moonbats. Maybe they just didn't think it was important enough to dilute the purpose of the real story.

I don't know about "gut feeelings" or what the actual truth is but I find that when people show a tendency to dress events up in story-telling rhetoric, blurring the lines between what you witnessed yourself and what you were simply told or overheard, which Maaaahty does a lot, then you have to take some of it with a pinch of salt. So, I wouldn't neccessarily call him liar in this instance but rather he has been told things and added his own spin and bluster. The next person will hear it and add their own spin etc until the story becomes a shadow of its former self. He would do better to state things in as matter-of-fact a way as possible, what he knows as fact and what he has been told. It is clear though that he likes to exploit it and that's fine but in general terms it is tiresome having to extract, decypher and verify just the real information from in between his flamboyant-failitude-of-crapola-in-a-dripfeed.
  30. Scatman Member

Psychologists call that phenomena "Narcissistic rage". Since psychopaths are narcissists, crossing a psychopath can lead to one of the few emotional reactions they can genuinely express.
    David Miscavige displays that rage quite often, coupled with his violent self image, which leads to violent batteries on those around him.

FYI, here are the characteristics of a psychopath:

Factor 1
    Aggressive narcissism

1. Glibness/superficial charm
    2. Grandiose sense of self-worth
    3. Pathological lying
    4. Cunning/manipulative
    5. Lack of remorse or guilt
    6. Emotionally shallow
    7. Callous/lack of empathy
    8. Failure to accept responsibility for own actions

Factor 2
    Socially deviant lifestyle

1. Need for stimulation/proneness to boredom
    2. Parasitic lifestyle
    3. Poor behavioral control
    4. Promiscuous sexual behavior
    5. Lack of realistic, long-term goals
    6. Impulsiveness
    7. Irresponsibility
    8. Juvenile delinquency
    9. Early behavioral problems
    10. Revocation of conditional release

Traits not correlated with either factor

1. Many short-term marital relationships
    2. Criminal versatility
  31. Anonymous Member

Love the (*) moniker for DM. Good one.
  32. Obvious Sock Member

How Freudian.

From "clams" to "bananas".

If Slappy suddenly develops a craving for Zucchini and pickles, starts "erecting" obelisk monuments at all the Org(an)s and changes his name to "Richard" ("Dick" for short), we will know for sure.

Oh and, of course, if he hangs around more with Tommie Girl (who is famously "not gay")...that would be another in-dick-ation.