Customize

MARTY - LET'S VOTE!

Discussion in 'Independent Scientology' started by timthephoto, Sep 19, 2009.

?

Vote on Marty

I DO Trust Marty 12 vote(s) 7.8%
STILL waiting /popcorn 57 vote(s) 37.0%
I DO NOT Trust Marty 85 vote(s) 55.2%
  1. timthephoto Member

MARTY - LET'S VOTE!

in light of recent threads... i propose a vote

So the options are

• "Mary is a hero, wise & our friend against the evil Co$ - I trust him"
    • "Still Sitting with /popcorn - waiting to see"
    • "Marty is a Slimeball - etc etc - I do not trust him"

The Phone Call MP3

Marty replies: by posting in his blog

[MODEDIT -- http://forums.whyweprotest.net/291-scientology-discussion/uk-anon-threatening-marty-rathbun-51755/
    The blog post and discussion is already in that thread.[/EDIT]

[noparse]http://youtube.com/watch?v=GqoeekMxvBM[/noparse]

[MODEDIT -- This video is already discussed in this thread
    http://forums.whyweprotest.net/15-media/anonymous-message-mr-rathbun-53126/[/EDIT]
  2. Anonynamefag Member

Re: MARTY - LET'S VOTE!

/r/ poll
  3. Bulle Member

"Still Sitting with /popcorn - waiting to see"

Altough I'm really sitting with chocolate soy milk and oats, and it's pretty disgusting. I might have to throw it out and buy some ben and jerry's.
  4. Re: MARTY - LET'S VOTE!

I vote slimeball

These people (Rinder and Rathbun) are, IMHO, equally guilty of the destruction of lives and the enslavement of others as Miscavige ever was.

The comparison between their role and the Nazis under Hitler is no exaggeration. The only difference is that they never overthrew the government - though they would have (at least tried) if they could. That's not down to Miscavige - it's the Tech, which they want to perpetuate, and they know it very well.

Miscavige without doubt believes he's following the Tech 100%, and he'd be right - Hubbard was the archetypal slimeball.
  5. PagAnon Member

I don't trust him. I think he msy be just as bad as miscavige.
  6. Anonymous Member

It has been long said that high ups would try to blame everything on David Miscavige. Fuck Marty, he and Rinder are just as guilty as the rest of 'em.

Doesn't mean we can't use them as long as they remain useful.
  7. Anonymous Member

8. timthephoto Member

did you mean?

rinderratharrogance.jpg

anonymous posting requires the use of [img tags to manually embed things
  9. Ottanon Member

Popcorn... give him a chance to decompress and get the Hubbard out of his system. Could take a while. So far he's doing good ripping on Moosecavige. Is he really dumb enough to think there can be a reformed Scientology, with maybe him as Grand Poobah?

markhrath.gif

(part of the $cilon ANTLERSHOOP project)
  10. Anonymous Member

Waiting with popcorn.
  11. mrfyde Member

Everyone can make their own decision about Marty, you know why ?

Because we are not a cult and each of us can have our own opinion about him. And your opinion should not be from a multiple choice list.
  12. Anonymous Member

amen, /b/rother!

Popcorn. Give him a chance.
  13. Anonymous Member

Can haz "Marty is a lulzcow" option?
  14. Re: MARTY - LET'S VOTE!

I'm very happy he came out with his expose in the SP Times, however i think he has his own agenda which does not correspond with Anonymous in any way except concerning the removal of David Miscavige and that alone has been immensely helpful.

I don't think he deserves the trust considering his past involvement in Scientology crimes, coverups, abuses and punishments. He could be far more involved in exposing all of the abuses he's aware of in Scientology. Marty chose to abusively enforce LRH's policies for decades and only left after he himself was abused instead of being the abuser.
  15. FUCK Member

meh... might as well give him a chance to prove useful
  16. Ottanon Member

rathcult.gif

"History has vindicated us on every front...We are at the turn of the millennium. A lot has changed, across the rest of the United States and the rest of the world when you say you're from the Church of Scientology, you immediately get respect."

Marty Rathbun, St. Petersburg Times, March 28th, 1999
    ('We like to make peace' Series)
  17. blank Member

He is an arrogant asshole.
    Did you see what he wrote on his blog about Gerry Armstrong?
    Asshole
  18. SomeRandGuy Member

He obviously has questionable motives. I don't understand how anyone could trust him... (4 people do?? Wtf!)

BTW, not knowing if you should trust him = not trusting him by definition. That makes it 22+23=45 to 4.
  19. Outside-in Member

Don't trust him he is still a Ronbot. Still he might be a useful tool.
  20. Re: MARTY - LET'S VOTE!

Marty Rathbun is a lying, arrogant bastard. Fact.
  21. Anonymous Member

Yes but what is Anonymous' agenda? I don't think we ever made a set agenda, except maybe "dismantling Scientology in its present form", and getting DM out of his present position would almost certainly do that. Scientology reformed into something a little less malignant, doing no more harm than a group of homeopaths do, would be an acceptable end state for most of us. If people want to keep practicing in peace, so what.

I don't think Rathbun wants to "take over". He wants to be a freezoner, and that's fine by me. If the CoS itself gets new management, I'm going to be waiting and seeing if they are going to continue DM's abuses, or if they're going to have true reform.If the new leadership drops the abusive practices and humbles itself regarding the past abuses, the message will have been sent:

Don't fuck with the Internet. We'll fuck you back, until you're unrecognizable.
  22. stuwyatt Member

Voted no, for the obvious reasons that Rathbun is an arrogant and egotistical cunt, and has avoided all questions and requests for him to apologise to (or at least acknowledge) his victims. He is a dangerous person at the moment because the cult is due to collapse soon, and with it, there will be many brainwashed victims who will do anything to stay on source and on the bridge. I fear that he will make quite a considerable living off of these vulnerable people.

He is the last person to be offering these services.

I really hope that he eventually faces a court for some of his crimes, and for him to one day realise that the Nuremberg "I was just following orders" defence does not stand in court. I also hope that he wakes up one day and realises that LRH is poison - but that's just the moral-fag side of my personality showing compassion.

He is almost as dangerous as DM in my mind, or at least has the potential to be as the Co$ dissolves. He should certainly be kept an eye on and challenged at every opportunity.
  23. fitch2000 Member

How in the hell is that vote even? lmao

/inb4OSAcomputergames
  24. Ersatz Global Moderator

Marty Rathbun is one to be watched, not voted on. He offers anons little, impacts us less, so why do we even care? Once his agenda is made clear we can act or not, depending on how this plays out. For now I vote for watching the situation and taking a "wait and see" approach.
  25. timthephoto Member

i did make a /popcorn option in the vote, also i considered a lulzcow / troll-victim option but felt that might encourage ppl trolling him, and i just know he'd bitch volumes - so i took the moral high ground.
  26. Antagone Member

He's the biggest cunt I've seen since I once watched a film starring someone called Fiona Pissflaps.
  27. incog712 Member

So what if he bitches. To the cult, he's just a distraction. To some of us, he's just a distraction.

I vote lulzcow.
  28. Anonymous Member

I don't trust any of you lot any more than I trust Marty. Dox or GTFO is how I roll.

Rants about how Marty is trying to take over Scientology, are stupid and unrealistic. Questions about profiting from blown cultists is more realistic, but if they hated Marty they wouldn't come to him anyway so .... what does it matter if I trust him or not?
  29. Re: MARTY - LET'S VOTE!

Waiting with popcorn. His brain has been bleached not just by $cientology, but years of having power and dominion over other people. Power corrupts. Is a person beyond redemption? No, but that's his choice to not say: "I'm sorry".

However, he is useful. He did tell on DM, which was needed. He also acts as a good diversion. Maybe in this respect lady karma can serve him humble pie.

Until I see sincere remorse, no trust is given. Jail time, public service (auditing doesn't cut it), or testimony in trade for immunity... well, seeing is believing.
  30. Anonymous Member

31. Anonymous Member

His continued cuntishness is taking us off target. He certainly isn't helping the cult any, but we should stop letting him get under our skin.

/futile
  32. Anonymous Member

Divide and conquer. Kill both scientology and Rathburnism/Freezone with fire.
  33. Anonymous Member

[SIZE="5"]Marty has his own goals that
    include the destruction of David Miscavige,
    but perhaps not the destruction of Scientology Inc.[/SIZE]
    250898188_9e12daceb1.jpg
    [SIZE="6"]It's a fact![/SIZE]
  34. Antagone Member

Thing is I don't give Rathbun any attention apart from commenting on the odd thread here.
  35. mrfyde Member

The thing is people like Marty like Scientology in it's present form, they just don't like DM and if you want to hold that original message as gospel it doesn't say that we want to remove DM either, But NOT removing DM or letting Marty take on the same course is not Changing anything.

You mean doing no more harm than a group of people that sell you sugar pills and tell you it is real medicine, because that is what homeopathy is. (Not talking about placebo) Homeopaths are people telling you that they have scientific evidence that can cure you when they really can't so I agree, however there is more to the tech than just faith healing. But Homeopaths, are trained dr.s that are supposed to put you on other treatments when theirs don't work and are certified by the state.

Some of those people "practicing in peace" locked a woman in a room for 17 days during a mental breakdown.

I don't know what he wants, I don't see how he could take over if he wanted to, but one of the [STRIKE]SHILLS[/STRIKE] people on his blog talked about nominating Mike Rinder to become the new C.o.B. yesterday.
  36. Anonymous Member

I know. I picked that example deliberately as something which might be harmful to practice, and is promoted by frauds and nuts, but they're not a mind control cult - which is the salient-sugary-pasty difference.

No, a cult did that. If people want to put themselves on the introspection rundown, well, they're free to try that, but Lisa McPherson was pressured to do it and held against her will. It's part of the tech, but it's more harmful than homeopathy, see?

Now that would be an interesting development. According to Rathbun, Rinder was the guy who held DM back from doing things even more retarded than what they already were doing. But on the other hand, Rinder is more intelligent and devious than DM, so he could be a more dangerous opponent for us.

I would wait and see.

Let's say Rinder gets put in charge (I don't think it's very realistic, but let's assume it for argument's sake). If the abuses continue, their reactions will continue. If they just want to be alternative psychiatry kooks, then they can go ahead and do that, but if they continue fair game, disconnection and manslaughter, we obviously keep at them.

That's my opinion anyway.
  37. AnotherRIAnon Member

Or option 4 we send all these retarded marty threads to the dome.
  38. Re: MARTY - LET'S VOTE!

Cat_eyes.jpg
    THIS PAGES IS BEING WATCHED BY THE ENEMIES OF THE LULZ
    [SIZE="1"](THEY WERE TIRED OF PLAYING SOLO)[/SIZE]
  39. JMBrandon Member

I see both MRs as allies but not friends.
    As of now, both scientology critics/protesters and MRs have the common goal of bringing down Miscavige.
    Sadly, I believe that the common goals end there.

My personal belief is that if they make plans to reform scientology to deviate away from the destructive tech- more power to them-- not holding my breath, but one can hope.

One does not have to trust an ally to achieve a goal.

The ultimate downfall of scientology will happen as long as the anonymous keep doing what they are.

The MRs and their testimonies may just speed up the process.
    I would say not to turn your back on them.... but don't oppose them.... yet...

I understand as a mere loudmouth my opinion isn't very important... just offering my two cents from the heart.

I'm still taking into account that these people are still with holding information that could be extremely destructive to scientology and are holding it in for whatever reason hindering justice... the only way I can forgive this is if they're waiting for more solid evidence...

All in all...
    Let them do their thing to bring down Miscavige's sorry ass... but keep your eyes on 'em...
    If they're still humping LRH's leg then they still see the anonymous and critics as enemies.
    And if they still believe the enemies should be sued, lied to, or destroyed... they're still a very serious threat...
  40. mrfyde Member

Im going to go quickly over these because I don't want to derail, Homeopathy is certified by the state Rathbun is not, Rathbun believes in the same tech that locked LM in a room AFAIK.

I agree that Rinder will not be put in charge, and agree that Marty is a psychology "kook". If he wants to be an auditor I have no problems with it if he goes and gets a PhD in psychology, and certified in the state he practices in. Diconnection and Fair Game I feel he is already practicing, He has demonized me personally on his blog (last month) while trying to twist posts to represent me as saying things I did not after he deleted my entries. He also discourages the en-theta of critic sites like this one, and today seemed to discourage people from speaking to agents of DM such as Gerry Armstrong. (Please see his blog comments for today Sept. 19 to put this in context.) But this is the starting of both Disconnection and Fair Game in my book.

I have stated many times that cults do not stop when you remove the Leader and have given Branch Dividians, Lyndon Larouche, Scientology (LRH) and Ahm Shynrico as examples.

The problem we face if we are able to bring down scientology would come from a new person at the helm. The way cults are structured the organization must be taken down before the leader. Otherwise a new leader will come in and say "oh we got rid of the GO (or what ever) and things are different now" that was bad and we see the error of our ways. They then start all over again with the same crap.