Customize

Marty Rathbun posts some Personal Stories...

Discussion in 'Independent Scientology' started by Anonymous, Oct 1, 2009.

1. Anonymous Member

2. mrfyde Member

Re: Marty Rathbun posts some Personal Stories...

Well the kid is pretty cute, but I don't understand why they chose to post this on Marty's page and not get a face book or something.
  3. Re: Marty Rathbun posts some Personal Stories...

Because they're responding to his posts about building a community and they are most likely to be seen by like-minded people on MR's site.

The kid is very cute.
  4. mrfyde Member

isn't that what social networking sites are for ?

with out the need to post your e-mail on line.

And without the hassle of having your image and message controlled by someone else.
  5. Anonymous Member

Gotta tell ya folks,

this is slick propoganda, whether you like Marty of not. He's singing to the heartstrings of those still inside. I'd be surprised if it was not effective.

Anonymous has it's job to do and maybe Marty has his. It will bring down the cult, no matter how it goes.
  6. mrfyde Member

I feel like I am hog'n the first section of posts so after this I'm gona be quiet for a while, but slick propaganda is still propaganda. I have told marty and a few others that cards on the table beat an ace up the sleeve.

People need the facts, that is not in dispute, but making it "propaganda" is not needed or fair to those who have already been manipulated.
  7. DeathHamster Member

8. anonymous1312 Member

One hopes the independents have realised the value of remaining independent and will not be so ready to rally under Marty to form another cult. Time will tell, in the mean time it all works for us.

As the old adage goes "I like you, I kill you last" - metaphorically speaking of course.
  9. Anonymous Member

Some one please tell Marty to rename this field as DEPENDENT THINKERS. They are all 100% dependent upon NEVER thinking, never questioning, following Hubbard policy dogmatically.

Only until a total fucking lunatic and failure like and angry dwarf takes over control of an international church and millions (billions?) of dollars do people FINALLY start questioning things.

They can be told about Xenu and not blink. They can be slapped and punched by their boss for decades. They can commit felonies and/or cover up wrongful deaths and never question what they are doing.

These people need decades in normal society before they could ever be independent. They are just trying to find a new wagon train to hitch onto.

Marty's followers are DEPENDENT SCIENTOLOGISTS and DEPENDENT HUBBARDISTAS and DEPENDENT HUBBARD-APOLOGISTS
  10. POS Member

Inb4martysayshedidthejobanonymouscouldn'tdo
  11. Kha Khan Member

ChesleySullenberger is correct, but there is more to it than that.

As an ex-Scientologist, my experience is that Scientologists and ex-Scientologists are, when compared to the population at large, disproportionately attracted to hierarchy, rules and text. They want a leader. They want someone to tell them the answers. They want someone to show them the way. Marty can fulfill that role.

The people who join, or in the past have joined, Scientology are less likely, when compared to the population at large, to form non-hierarchical, flat, spontaneous, organic, disorganized and chaotic organizations that one would expect to form on Facebook. Or like, well, Anonymous. :cool: After all, who would be the I/C (Scientologese for "In Charge")?

Let me also say that Marty is extremely and (depending on his motives and goals) disturbingly good at communicating with ex-Scientologists. Consider this small passage in his "Clearwater Independents" essay:
    This language, this construction, is straight out of point 7 of the Scientology Code of Honor:
    Only a Scientologist or ex-Scientologist would talk about someone's affinity being alloyed; no one else would use such language (or understand it). Conversely, any ex-Scientologist will instantly recognize this. Many ex-Scientologists will instantly respond to this and/or be impressed because in Scientology the Code of Honor is an entirely voluntary ethical code and is therefore considered by many Scientologists and ex-Scientologists to be the highest code there is.

The response of many exes will be: "Oh, she didn't allow her affinity for her son to be alloyed! She was acting consistent with the Code of Honor! Maybe these are true, ethical Scientologists with whom I can form a group...."

Also notice that Marty criticizes only "the Miscavology community." In Marty's view, there is nothing wrong with true Scientology. No, the fault lays with, and only with, "Miscavology."

In referring to "Miscavology" and "the Miscavology community" Marty has: (1) created advantageous shorthand lables; (2) delegitimized both DM and the current COS; (3) set himself up as a leader (or the leader?) of "true" Scientology; and (4) set up two recognizable opposing groups.

The last point can be particularly important if the Scientologist or ex-Scientologist applies the doubt formula. One cannot apply the doubt formula if there is not another "group" to "join or remain in or befriend." Which says something by itself.

Also notice the behavior he praises:
    Marty's message is that the praiseworthy conduct is not to doubt Scientology, or attempt to cash in, but to instead build one's character through adversity -- and to continue to believe in the tech.

ps. The fact that Marty chose to post the picture of a cute kid was no accident. Think about how many people in this thread have already commented about the "cute kid."

///

ESMB Thread - Marty: Clearwater Independents
  12. JohnnyRUClear Member

Martyology©: keeping partially-reawakened Scientologists rationalizing since 2009.
  13. Re: Marty Rathbun posts some Personal Stories...

Well duh ... how is Marty going to take advantage of his fifteen minutes to build his cult , if all the spin is posted on Facebook instead of his blog? There is only a limited amounts of clients that are available, and they all happen to reside in the cult. I doubt Marty's message is reaching his target audience inside the cult, and it's not like trolling for fresh meat is an option anymore. The only reason non-Scientologists show interest in Scientology is to be entertained by a reality show train wreck as this link more than confirms.

MediaCurves.Com - A Service of HCD Research Inc.

I have to admit I still laugh a little at his delusional self importance every time I see his " Ex-OSA Thug Moving On Up a Little Higher" blog. I wonder if he has picked out space uniforms for his Galactic Space Patrol yet?
  14. Oswald2001 Member

Divide.

Conquer.

Let the Karmic Forces of The Universe work.

"Empty your mind. Be formless. Shapeless. Like water. ...

Now, water can flow...or it can crash.

Be water, my friend."

- Bruce Lee

"Be water, my friend...": Bruce Lee | Breeze Loo
  15. Optimisticate Member

Part of me thinks that people posting personal stories and info and pictures of their kids is just asking for trouble considering the history of harassment the cult has. Part of me thinks that Marty knows that but common sense fails him in the name of greed. Part of me thinks that Marty needs to be watched verrrry carefully.

Part of me thinks that Marty will fail and that he'll go back to his scientological ways of doing business that he was trained for and is used to and will end up hurting more people in ways that have been unimagined as of yet.

And then the whole of me thinks he's a very dangerous man. Something about all this has my spidey sense tingling, there's something very wrong going on here.
  16. Antagone Member

Here comes the new cult, same as the old cult.
  17. Anonymous Member

His blog needs more LM.

LisaMcPherson.gif
  18. Sponge Member

Heartwarming? Not really. These vague short stories don't say what actually happened. Someone gets an SP Declare and "forced to give up their legal rights...blah blah". WTF is that supposed to mean to the average Joe or the news media? Nothing, because it is not meant to and specifically excludes you and I, the normal people, from understanding. Lets have the dirty details plox.
  19. YAHRLY Member

MR is a piece of shit and has still yet to be held accountable for all the heinous shit he has done.

and yet fools here still fawn over him
  20. Scythe Member

That reminds me of something about not forgetting or forgiving...heard that somewhere before. Anyways can't remember. Go Marty!
  21. Anonymous Member

Anonymous has evolved past the idiotic basement dwelling meme spouting children who just want to "troll" it is now a movement with a life and purpose

sorry if the grown ups cashed your party and turned it into something good don't like the kinder gentler Anonymous then go back to chans and masturbate over japanese cartoons while we get REAL work done
  22. Anonymous Member

ITT: Bitches don't know.
  23. Anon1720 Member

One would think, when reading the comments left for Marty, that no one was ever given an SP declare or forced to disconnect in Hubbard's day. I am well beyond feeling sorry for these people...well beyond.
  24. Anonymous Member

He tries anything, we RAPE RAPE RAPE.

Adapting as necessary

We can ream his ass all the way to gOTseXV if we choose.

For now, we give him the same treatment Germany gives CoS: Deep suspicion and careful observation.
  25. Anonymous Member

No it won't. Marty will make another cult just as bad as the first. Just as he is every bit as bad as DM.
  26. Marty Rugburn Member

I don't care what anybody says. If you believe what hubbard wrote (Maaaaarrrtttyyy), you are nutty as banana bread.
  27. Anonymous Member

THIS ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I'm not sure what we can do about him. But a second cult led by Marty is not a safe or acceptable alternative to bringing down Scientology.

Now if we had a few more independent groups they could fight among themselves and that would be fun. Any volunteers?
  28. amaX Member

^This.

Fuck you. You're the type of person who makes our work harder. You're the type of person who asks us to have hugfests and be nice to people like Rathbun who is one evil motherfucker while we're trying to take down this clusterfuck of a cult. Those "meme spouting children who just want to 'troll'" are the one's who started this and it's people like you who have no respect for the fact that the rest of us are riding their coattails to stop this cult.

Deep suspicion and careful observation is right. I am getting a bit sick of coming here for my daily dose of "Marty's Place". Can't we stop the multiple fucking threads about this asshole? If anyone wants to read Marty's shit they can make their way to his website. Stop mucking up our workplace.
  29. Anonymous Member

Your comment spurred me to cut out just the parts about what actually happened to them. They are a little vague.

tl;dr Something bad happened. SP declare. Disconnection. Real Scientologists are GREAT!!!

tl;dr Something bad happened. SP declare. Disconnection. THETA POWAH RULES!1!!

Neither account says anything bad about the Church of Scientology or Hubbard, but only "Miscavology." It's almost as if they are unaware that the SP and Disconnect policies that caused them such pain are Church of Scientology and Hubbard policies... or to put it another way: SCIENTOLOGY POLICIES
  30. Anonymous Member

I think it is important to post them here, so we can de-construct and analyze what he says.
  31. Re: Marty Rathbun posts some Personal Stories...

[IMG]
  32. EyeOnSci Member

QFT^^^

Marty is the definition of denial of Hubbard's cult.

Marty read this book: Hollywood, Satanism, Scientology & Suicide by Jerry Staton.

The[] are added by me for clarity. A few points from the book:

begin fair use quote:

Aleister Crowley's Ideology and Scientology's Ideology: A Comparison

The similarity between the Magical Memory [Crowley] and Time Track [Hubbard] is that they both can recall every past incident in a person's life, they both can recall incidents from past lives, and they both must be developed by certain techniques in order to make use of them....

Both Hubbard and Crowley are avowedly anti-psychiatry....

Hubbard and Crowley both posit the ability of the person to leave his or her body at times.....

Both Hubbard and Crowley use an equilateral triangle pointing up in a circle as one of the group's symbols. Both use Volume 0 instead of Volume 1 to begin enumerating their works.....

While Hubbard was supposedly researching his dianetics in the late 1940s, he was in fact engaging in magical rituals, and trying out hypnosis both on himself and others.
    During the 1984 Armstrong trial against Scientology, extracts from Hubbard's voluminous self-hypnotic affirmations were read into the record.
    Amongst his affirmations to himself we find:

"Men are my slaves", "Elemental Spirits are my slaves" and " You can be merciless whenever your will is crossed and you have every right to be merciless""All women shall succumb to my charms! All mankind shall grovel at my feet and not know why."

L. Ron Hubabrd repeatedly played them back to himself while under the influence of hallucinatory drugs such as mescaline and cocaine.

In Booklet of the Scientology Professional Auditors Course (1982), Hubbard state:

"A very effective thought control technique could be worked out from Scientology which could be used to make individuals into WILLING slaves." (emphasis added)

Hubbard told his son that Scientology actually began on December the 1st, 1947, the day Aleister Crowley died.

According to his son Hubbard's purpose in Scientology was to "crack souls," to bringing unknowing people under his control and to use them as channels for satanic purposes.

End fair use quotes.

Marty, when you were traumatized by the deadly shooting of the woman you were assigned to look after, do you not see how the cult used your vulnerability to process you into the cult?

EyeOnSci
  33. Skeptic1337 Member

Marty is to Chanology as Smurf was to CAN.
  34. Anonymous Member

OMG ! you DO pay attention.
  35. Smurf Member

Except Marty never joined Chanology on a mission to help sabotage & destroy it.
  36. Skeptic1337 Member

Or has he!
  37. Anonymous Member

What bullshit.

Irrespective of Marty's intentions, playing both sides against the middle seems like the smart way to go.

Kind of like the UK/US did in the Iran/Iraq war.

So, whilst Marty is weak, we arm him. As he gets stronger, we start arming DM....then rinse and repeat as necessary.

All the while trying to get L.E. to step in. [Don't think this last bit can't/won't happen. Marty's nobodies fool, and it's an end he positively fears. L.E./government agencies are generally slow to act, but once they get started...]
  38. Skeptic1337 Member

Let me ask you this. If you paid no attention to his blog would he still post insane ramblings?

If no one had ever heard of Marty would they still do monthly raids?

Would scientology still be a fucked up cult?

Playing both sides against the middle? That's fucking funneh, you're posting a message board not some super spai. Grab some reality, realize the dude sounds and most likely is a narcissist who used and abused people while in the cult and has shown no remorse. You can encourage him all you want but when the next Lisa comes along but happens to be a freezone problem don't shy away from your enabling it.

Playing both sides!!!!!, too fucking funny!
  39. Anonymous Member

Jesse Prince wrote this about Marty Rathbun in 1998.

(Thanks to Pooks for finding the reference).

The year is circa 1978. I was forcefully incarcerated in the PAC RPF, and I had
    been since one week before my 22nd birthday in March 1977. We were 125 strong in the RPF. David Miscavige had been running several missions, along with Mark Ingber, to renovate what is now the big blue building on Sunset Avenue in Los Angeles. These missions were basically a two stage process.

Missions were sent to all the Sea Org locations to get all ethics bait personnel
    and send them to the PAC RPF to renovate the Complex. We lived in a slave labor camp environment and for weeks on end were on a schedule of working 30 hours on and three hours off for sleep, so that we could "meet deadlines."

People were literally dropping like flies, which resulted in many unnecessary injuries. I remember one person, Bobby Schaffner, who cut off part of a finger during this time. He was so numb that it meant nothing to him, but he was happy to be off, since he could at least sleep for a while.

But my RPF experience is not the subject I'm trying to cover here; that's
    another story. I'm just trying to set the stage here.

Now, it happened one day that a fellow named John Coletto was routed to the RPF forcefully. By "forcefully," I mean he was surrounded by others who forced him to go, just the way it happened to me. He came from the Pubs Org, which later came to be known as Bridge Publications, Inc., or BPI.

His wife Diane Coletto was the Commanding Officer, or CO, of the Pubs Org, and she had been instructed to divorce her husband John because he was a "criminal."

Well, this sent John "over the top." After some weeks, he managed to escape the PAC RPF and shortly afterwards called Scientology officials to let them know that they had turned his wife against him (a common practice in Scientology), and he was going to kill her.

Diane was assigned a body guard. A new person who just routed onto the EPF (Estates Project Force). The EPF is where you get your initial Sea Org training (brainwashing).

Marty Rathbun was in a car with Diane driving down what is now known as L. Ron Hubbard Way, when out of nowhere here comes John, her husband, and he has a gun in his hand.

John stopped the car and got into an argument with Diane because she would not leave with him. He then took the gun and emptied it into her body.

Blood and guts were everywhere. He then took the gun and pointed it at Marty and started to shoot - click, click, click - no more bullets.

Marty sat there in shock staring at John as John stared at him. Marty had blood, bone and guts all over him and barely escaped death that day.

John ran off and was found dead himself a few days later for self-inflicted wounds from the same gun he used to kill his wife.

This was Marty Rathbun's introduction to the Sea Org. Marty was assigned a special Guardian's Office auditor and spent months trying to audit out the
    incident.

He became part of OSA and was watched and guarded himself for a long time. Is it any wonder he is a mindless robot today with little to no will or spirit
    left now?

Monsters of Scientology are created. This is just one story. All John Coletto
    wanted was to be with his wife. The result was death.

Death is more common than one would think in Scientology.

Yes, Marty did blow after the IRS decision. Little David Miscavige often beat
    Marty up (in the presence of bigger stronger goons, of course) and all of this
    has an effect on a person.

I'm sure Marty was a decent person before, but now he probably feels hopeless and is just waiting for his life to end, as, seemingly, that is the only way out of the Sea Org for him in his mind.

I want Marty to know it's OK to leave. In fact, Marty, run away as fast as you can. I'll make sure you won't get hurt any more. Your suffering will be over for good…. I promise.

Respectfully submitted,

Jesse Prince

Jesse Prince Affidavit

Dandar Disqualification Hearing DocumentsWednesday, August 28, 2002
  40. JohnnyRUClear Member

Who cares either way?

"And I promise you, I will treat you well, my sweet angel, so help me Jesus."
    [nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5Cf5OusjrQ"]YouTube - The Toadies - Possum Kingdom[/nomedia]