Customize

Marty Rathbun's Mother An Heroed?

Discussion in 'Independent Scientology' started by s6xs6xs6x, Nov 10, 2009.

1. s6xs6xs6x Member

2. Anonymous Member

Re: Marty Rathbun's Mother An Heroed?

lol srs?
  3. Re: Marty Rathbun's Mother An Heroed?

I wonder if the fact that she was in a mental institution and it did nothing for her played into Marty's belief in Scientology.
  4. Athene Member

Can't comment on the veracity of the story but if so - my condolences. A parent of mine did the same thing and no matter what we do, we never quite get over it.

We prefer "suicide" to chanspeak when we speak of the dearly departed, thanks.
  5. WTF Member

I am sorry about your mother, Marty.

You are still a piece of whale shit.
  6. Anonymous Member

I can see your point. On the other hand, Marty isn't well liked around here, and OP is kinda known for being a dick in general.
  7. s6xs6xs6x Member

Thank you, I take that a a compliment.

Eternally and Lovingly Yours,
    s6xs6xs6x
  8. Anonymous Member

I lol'd really hard.
  9. Re: Marty Rathbun's Mother An Heroed?

If Marty's mother suffered from mental illness, that would explain why he gravitated to and followed Hubbard, and why he refuses to see Hubbard's mental illness for what it was.
  10. Anonymous Member

This is exactly what I was getting at. Perhaps he believed that if his mother could have had Scientology, things would have been different.
  11. Anonymous Member

You're welcome!
  12. Anonymous Member

He actually talked about his brother being mentally unstable in one of the videos for the St. Pete Times. And that was his reason for finding out about Scientology. Don't remember him mentioning his mother.
  13. Re: Marty Rathbun's Mother An Heroed?

Oh wow. Perhaps it runs in the family? That would explain a thing or two about him.
  14. Re: Marty Rathbun's Mother An Heroed?

It would explain why he continues to pretend Hubbard was sane, and refuses to acknowledge that Hubbard was nuttier than Grandma's Christmas fruitcake
  15. Anonymous Member

Yeah, it is pretty common for things like that run in the family. I'm pretty sure it is still out on the site.
  16. s6xs6xs6x Member

I think it could have left Mr. Rathbun very susceptible to the teachings of Scientology. The war of LRH's against psychiatry and how his mother kept having nervous breakdowns but could not help her. Also, remember during those days the mental institutions were brutal and often worse then a 3rd world country's worse prison. This I believe is a weak point in Mr. Rathbun that Scientology exploited to indoctrinate him so well.
  17. Anonymous Member

That would make sense.
  18. Anonymous Member

19. Re: Marty Rathbun's Mother An Heroed?

A dick, perhaps. But also very good at making a point.

I think that this is something we should also exploit in Marty to try and get him to see the error of L.Ron's ways.
  20. Re: Marty Rathbun's Mother An Heroed?

It's not like Marty is a mentally strong person to begin with ... he was Miscavige's personal boot licker for over 25 years. Anyone will a little self-respect and mental toughness would have took back their life a lot sooner
  21. Anonymous Member

nervous breakdowns are now referred to as "depressive episodes", and rarely are people hospitalized for any significant amount of time. PROZACFTW

Also - in the sanitoriums of yesteryear, at "bath time", patients were strapped naked onto gurneys and wheeled, assemble-line style, through a room that was very much like the automated car washes today. I will provide more asylum trivia as the need arises.
  22. Mutante Member

deathstare.jpg
  23. Re: Marty Rathbun's Mother An Heroed?

Yeah, this is fairly well known. I can see how she wasn't helped by one, but it was..... unfortunate that Marty came to believe in scientology, because its not like that would have helped either.
  24. s6xs6xs6x Member

But he believes in Scientology and it might be one of his reasons for what he does. Like the shining example of psychiatry at it's worse to give him fuel. He probably does believe in the tech and how it works compared to psychiatry with the example of his dead mother to thrive on. Generally one has some kind of inspiration for the amount of dedication and this could be his, as kinda wrong as it sounds.
  25. Sol Member

Evedence of substance abuse; she had the AA book on her when she went.
    That and the two rings from hubby (naval academy ring and wedding ring) were then only things of interest on her besides clothes.
    Interisting that Marty's dad was a navy man like Ron.
  26. Anonymous Member

Ohhhh, good point. I hadn't even noticed that. Very interesting. I wonder how his father died.
  27. Anonymous Member

He mentions schizophrenia with his brother. There is some evidence that it is genetic (sorry Mutante). John Dunigan talked about it that himself in his book The Complex. He also talked about how people that have that issue probably should stay away from trance states as they can cause disassociation.
  28. Re: Marty Rathbun's Mother An Heroed?

Once again, true. But still... that doesn't make his devotion to more insanity excusable.
  29. s6xs6xs6x Member

Ask his "wife" Barbara Schwarz about devotion ;)
  30. Re: Marty Rathbun's Mother An Heroed?

Crazy seems to run in these circles doesn't it!
  31. Anonymous Member

ITT the hivemind tries it's hand at forensic psychology.
  32. Anonymous Member

Grab a couch.

Now is there anything you would like to tell me about your mother?
  33. Anonymous Member

E-Psychologys >= Real Psychologists
  34. Anonymous Member

Wait?? Shouldn't marty be happy?
    According to his own beliefs:

1 His mother gets a new meat body after she goes through the between lives area on mars
    2 With her new meat body she gets another chance to practice LRH tech
    3 Marty, who still believes that LRH is correct now lives in a world where there is one
    less person at 1.1 on the tone scale and thus a better place
    4 She has been, according to LRH in Science of Survival, "disposed of quietly and without
    sorrow"

Rathbun is one of the more disgusting persons alive today. Perhaps if he actually loved his mother and showed it and were involved in her life this might not have happened.

I'm sure there were people that loved her, but it most certainly was not Marty Rathbun.

Just sayin.
  35. WTF Member

Marty and company assumed the valence of those they despise--yet could not even provide padding to the [STRIKE]trap[/STRIKE] safe haven that was provided to Lisa MacPherson.

Yes, Marty you did keep her from leaping.

Very well done !
  36. EyeOnSci Member

QFT^^^
  37. Re: Marty Rathbun's Mother An Heroed?

In his defence (*slaps myself*) he was only five.
  38. Ogsonofgroo Member

Agree, but everyone handles things a bit differently (prime ie.-grief/loss), being different an all.
    I hope more people come to realize the depth of Co$ mind-fuckery and how it relates to this, and how vulnerable most people are IRL. I guess what I'm getting at is that if this is in anyway an effect (his remaining in or not escaping pdq) that affected MR in his past, and maybe made things seem understandable or bearable, then it was probably long ago dealt with in his own mind through the general mind-numbings of Hubbard doctrines.
    From what I've read over the last few years regarding how cult deals with death, well y'all know, its pretty blase/meh sortta attitude, and their grieving processes have always seemed pretty screwed up to me.
    LRon, not a philosopher, a scientist, in the least honorable or empathic/caring soul that he was, really cared little about such things and his system of mind-fuck shows it over and over again.
    As for Marty and his loss (es), it is always a sad thing, and we here are certainly not in any position to know his feelings on it until he tells us himself; the rest is crap and supposition imho and should just be dropped as its a waste of time (silly diversion-ish).
    If I not makin' sense here, oh well, been a long day.
    Just not seeing this as focused or moving the cause at hand forward in any way, also, delving into anyone's personal shit as far as family goes can easily go too far and is sortta ignorant no matter who.
    My burbling opinion fer nao.
    I go.
  39. WTF Member

Let me tell you about my mother...

40. Anonymous Member

I lol'd. Just as I am lol'ing about this entire thing.