Customize

Marty Rathbun's Squirrel Group?!

Discussion in 'Independent Scientology' started by tazor, Feb 7, 2009.

1. exOT8Michael Member

Re: Marty Rathbun's Squirrel Group?!

Marty Rathbun was the guy who did the "Religious Deprogramming" attempt on me in 1996 at Flag.
    He was quietly ruthless about it.
    The e-metered sequestered "interview" was done in a tiny office under the stairs behind the president's office. It was an almost soundproof place.
    He was trying to get me to stop reading some excellent books I had found which had a christian religious flavor (not the Bible). Basically his instructions from DM were that I should be stopped from talking about these books, especially at Flag. The local bookstore owner (Virgil Wilhite) got raided by OSA and the books I was recommending were confiscated.
    It failed to stop me, as I came to see that OT8 had no power whatsoever.
    I left the cult the next year.
    Marty has a lot to answer for, and should not be trusted by exes frankly before he gives the info he has to the FBI.
    He needs to come clean and make the secrets available publicly and to law enforcement.
  2. subgenius Member

Amends: good for all involved and necessary to progress.
  3. the_cloak Member

Could be lulzy though to take this shit and tape it up on telephone poles and bus stops around the orgs and whatnot.
  4. TinyDancer Member

Another thing Marty needs to come clean about:

Tampabay: State drops charges against Scientology
  5. Scatman Member

AID thanks Larry Brennan

The Anonymous Intelligence Directorate thanks Larry Brennan for the many accounts and docs he has published on the internetz. His writings have and continue to be useful.
  6. subgenius Member

"Rathbun said. If anything good came of the case, he said, it was that it prompted Scientology to accelerate efforts to improve its relations in Clearwater."

NOT to improve response to medical emergencies.
    Fucking asshole.
  7. Smurf Member

Correct. I have his home address & phone number which I provided my attorney Graham Berry months ago.

Mark was still very much a Scientologist mentally, in 2007 (2 years after he blew) when he wrote this:

Simple Ways for Improving Relationships - Associated Content
  8. Optimisticate Member

Breaking and entering? Burglary?

I'm glad you're out and vocal (and OK)!
  9. i'mglib Member

Amen, bruthah.

It makes me think he hasn't found "the answer" at all. Even for himself, much less enough to help others.

Look at Jeff Hawkins. He has his stuff together, as much as I think is possible after dedicating so much of his life to the cult. He posts his book FOR FREE. It's right here:

counterfeitdreams.blogspot.com

So many others have helped people just getting out (or still in) by telling their stories, etc. Like BFG, and Bts2free and many many others. People call Tory all the time because her phone number is out there. Same with Arnie. I could go on an on, but my point is, I don't know Mark Rathbun at all, but dude, you need to look WAY more into your own heart before you should presume to help others. That's just my two cents.
  10. muldrake Member

This is a fuck of a post and I hope people are archiving it.

I obviously can't have a personal opinion about this as I was never in the cult. However, I've been following Rathbun since the mid-'90s, and have generally had a favorable opinion of him, unlike almost everyone in the upper echelons.

I frankly find it nearly impossible that anyone could have participated in the upper exec strata of Scientology during this period of time and not been up to their eyeballs in *something* bad. But as much as it is the fashion to treat escaping high level Scientologists as being the equivalent of war criminals, I can't think of anything Rathbun is SPECIFICALLY accused of that requires he apologize to anyone in the world.

I am completely in agreement with this, and considering you know more about this than pretty much anyone else here, I don't see who COULD have more information than you to reach an INFORMED opinion about Rathbun.

Now, I hope he eventually gets more frank, but I can understand why he isn't now. I also don't think he owes anyone, except possibly people he PERSONALLY harmed (or the Inspector General Network harmed while he ran it which covers a lot of ground) any more explanation of his history than he's already given. The state of his soul is, basically, his own business.

Assuming this isn't an elaborate OSA op, tho, I certainly would like to see a complete debrief at some point, or at least a debrief protecting only the innocent. He's hanging around soliciting business from various exes. It would be nice to know why, and what led to this, and why is he who he is now, instead of who he used to be.

I'll note that I've generally had a favorable impression of Rathbun, which makes him virtually unique among the upper strata of Scientology. (This is not a favorable impression of his activities but of him as a human being.)

And this is certainly one example of someone I'd consider to have a personal claim against Rathbun's behavior, and who actually is owed an apology from him, if Michael Pattinson's long-known stories are true (and I have no reason to think they aren't as they are consistent with Scientology behavior).
  11. muldrake Member

I've been waiting for confirmation of that for a while. I'm pretty sure, given the latest events and his stated location as related to those, that the Mark Rathbun of Scientology is, in fact, the Mark Rathbun who has recently appeared on the scene.
  12. NotBobMinton Member

So what does this mean?
    * Is Mark Rathbun out?
    * Freezone?
    * Still a bit brain addled from his scientology experience?
    * Sciplant pretending to be out?
  13. NotBobMinton Member

Mark Rathbun - If you are out congratulations. It takes quite a bit to recover from the mind-bender that scientology does to a person. I would suggest hoping over to Ex-Scientology Kids & Ex Scientologist - Home message boards to talk with people who have gone through similar experiences. You don't even have to give out your identity to join these forums. Support & communication with your peers can help you along to the road of recovery.

Chuck Beatty also runs a private forum for former Sea Org members. Ex-Sea Org Helpline. Reclaim your Life. The Sea Org, Scientology, Miscavige, OSA, and Anonymous, what it means to you.
    Given your former position, I think you would qualify for entrance.

Many people are bitter about their experiences in scientology. Many people have done or have been involved in a lot of rough stuff & have done some very abusive things to other people. Scientology screws you up quite a bit & many people understand that. Many have found forgiveness from their peers just by being willing to communicate.

I don't know if you are up for it (or have done it already), but if you want to put a stop to the abuses that the current COS perpetrates, consider contacting the FBI & give them the information you know.
    Federal Bureau of Investigation - Contact Us

The FBI knows that in order to take down criminal syndicates they need to provide immunity to high level insiders in exchange for information. Immunity would be a good thing (am I right?).

Also, if you do go to the FBI to report what you know, don't brag about it, or talk about it. Just do it & then let the FBI do their work. No sense in tipping of the current Scientology management until they are in a situation where it is too late.

I wish you the best in life.
  14. Re: Marty Rathbun's Squirrel Group?!

Larry, you make a good point about the tomato LRH tried to audit, clearly the tomato got the better of the exchange and i owe this great thetan of a tomato an apology and wish it luck outwitting ron once again at target 2. Mr. Tomato is an odds on favorite to stymey hubbard again and have him move on to target 3.
  15. exOT8Michael Member

No, they raided while he was there but threatened him till he caved in and complied.
  16. francie Member

Uh... he posted his email address, silly scat-terbrain.
    Shows up on my computer in both Internet Explorer AND Firefox.
  17. Optimisticate Member

Behind the picture is a script. In FF, script is disabled. Any script-anons know what this script is?

His e-mail address, something something "lensman", anything to do with this? Lensman series - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

After studying the picture and comparing it with publicly available pictures of Mr. Beghe, it looks like this picture was taken quite recently (at least since the world first heard of him post-scientology), HOWEVER, it could be a pic taken while both were "in". Definitely could be in Texas along one of the coastal waterways, but it's not oil rigs in the bg. Actually looks almost like a shipyard, but I don't think it is. Padre perhaps? I can't remember, it's been years since my last spring break there.

Is it really Rathbun? According to Babbles babbling in ARS, this is a fake and the real Marty is still an underground scilon somewhere. Is Beghe looking for case handling or auditing? Is this part of the brainwashing that is harder to shake, or is it a subtle way of stating that they're really not out?

Who is really being taken for a ride here?
  18. Optimisticate Member

The tomato is pissed.

19. pooks Member

His email address, per his website is:

sthtexlensman@aol.com

I imagine that it stands for South Texas Lensman. Old time Scientologists loved the Lensmen series, written by Sci Fi author e.e. doc smith. I remember reading it back in the 70's when I was at Saint Hill in the UK. I believe LRH endorsed it as being the TRUE story of "OT'S" on the whole track.

It's just more evidence that Marty is still in the Scn mindset.

In my opinion, Marty is in Stage I of his unindoctrination from the Scn mindset. It seems obvious to me, that he still believes in the tech and Hubbard's works, but thinks the mgmt is evil.

From what I've read, he's hasn't been out for very long so I doubt that his indoctrination has gotten very far. It took me almost 5 years of being a Scientology critic before I could state that I was NO longer a Scientologist. For many years, I blamed the evil management but felt that the tech was still good. After 9 years, I've come to the conclusion that it's all shit and and dangerous shit at that.

People unindoctrinate themselves from the cult at different speeds. Some faster than others, most of us never really snap fully out of it.

The indoc runs strong in Marty. I'm extremely happy he's no longer in.

Btw what is that bird at the top of his website? An albatross?
  20. NotBobMinton Member

Not that I take much on ARS seriously, but there does seem to be a fair bit of unknowns. What if someone who doesn't have foot-in-mouth disease or a chip on their shoulder contact him & just find out.

(Also, photo appears to match Mark Rathbun who worked on the Obama campaign in South Texas.)
    http://my.barackobama.com/page/community/blog/markrathbun
  21. LarryBren Member

This film is yet additional proof that Hubbard targeted, recruited and then audited Hollywood celebrities to promote scientology. That tomato being audited by Hubbard in that picture is obviously the same tomato acting in that movie video! Scientology lost a great spokesperson when that tomato was run over and turned into catsup by that Venusian train. Sadly, organized scientology then had to settle for Cruise for its spokesman. The tomato was a better actor.
  22. subgenius Member

"Who is really being taken for a ride here?"
    "Who's Zoomin' Who?"--Aretha Franklin
  23. francie Member

From Arnie Lerma's: 8 steps out of Scientology

Originally 8 steps; has been modified to be 10.
  24. Optimisticate Member

You, sir, are a genius. :rolleyes:
  25. MrNiceNice Member

I always wondered how they were able to get to the ME on such
    a simple case. Took em years.
    (2nd para fm above)
    "Medical Examiner Joan Wood, really didn't know why Scientologist
    Lisa McPherson died in 1995 while in the care of Scientology staffers
    in Clearwater. It said she had botched the case beyond repair."

Thought ATT they found a way to fiddle her 'retirement'.

Marty. ahem...easily has 100 things he "needs to come clean about".
    Mayhaps "security" is part of his seperation package. I guess what
    astounds me the most is that 'ex's seem to be universally non
    -violent (ESG excepted). Part of some abuser/abused syndrom?
    Can't believe there aren't lines around the block at Mike & Marty's
    hideouts waiting to beat the livin' shit out of them.
    It is a phenomena. Unparalleled.

In the Don Larsen 20/20 vid you can see pauses of fear/remorse
    when he mentions his crimes...
  26. Anon23517 Member

The photo of him and Jason looks very much like an attempt to show how popular he is on the internet. A case of "HAI GUISE, MAI BFF JASON AND R TOTES FOR REALZ!!1111!!!"

Which only makes him look like a sad, desperate little man trying to show off that he's cool, brave and handsome.

My two cents.
  27. Optimisticate Member

I think the picture is showing some type of complicity beyond the ordinary "wog" imagination. I think there's more behind this than some pscho ex trying to make some money in the only business he knows. But that's just me.
  28. tazor Member

If BFG says it's him that's good enough for me.
  29. anon345 Member

Then again, if I was in his shoes, I'd be more concerned about Co$ than "some people on the internet," it's just, if not more likely to be him standing shoulder to shoulder with Co$'s biggest, most recent, (and most public) defector and saying F.U. to Miscavige.

The fact is there's not enough information so IT'S IMPOSSIBLE TO SAY.

If this was from him, and not from someone posting his details in the hope of stirring something out of it, then personally I think it was a bid of a rude way to do it, but each to their own i guess. Will see what happens.
  30. mrfyde Member

EDIT:

Dang it! I quoted the wrong post from NBM. He suggested somebody contact Marty. I Did and am waiting to hear back.
    ============
    Well, I didn't want to say anything until or IF I heard back but I sent him an e-mail yesterday and asked for an interview to put on You Tube. I told him I would travel to him told him conditions I would be using the interview told him I would want to talk about:

His involvement with Scientology (before during and after)
    What made you decide to leave Scientology.
    What you have been doing since leaving The Church of Scientology.
    Clearing the air on information you may feel has been twisted
    Your new program.

I have not heard anything yet the e-mail was only sent at 9:45 pm his time.
  31. exOT8Michael Member

I do confirm that the guy in the photo with Jason B is Rathbun.
    He is very lucky that Barbara Schwarz (of a.r.s. infamy) thinks it is a fake pic, LOL.
  32. firebug Member

she doesn't think its a fake photo, she thinks its an imposter pretending to be Rathbun.She has known about the fake Marty's whereabouts for some time
    Evangelical Views - the Best of UseNet Religious Postings! :: View topic - Palin;s daugher rumor: Did Mark Rathbun start it?
  33. exOT8Michael Member

34. xenubarb Member

35. Smurf Member

Stop picking on Barbara. She's a very powerful woman:

The ARSCC and NCHRA blog: Barbara Schwarz, Insane woman from Salt Lake City, UT abuses the internet and gets kicked off the public libraries computers!

Remember, it was another nutcase that started a religion which you used to be an adherent of, Michael.
  36. parvent Member

What gets me is how unafraid he seems to be.

With information about him, and the picture of the two narcisites arm and arm, one could go to the exact spot the picture was taken; the place where Marty combs the beach; his Ingleside mini-flag.

There is something ominous about his lack of fear and repentance. He must know that he has other enemies than scientology.

BEWARE of a cultic charade attempt to harm Marty with a frame-up of an anon.
  37. Relyt Member

I like to think he has guilt weighing on his shoulder, but is trying to come up with a way to brush it off, and to use his cult experience of controlling people for his own benefit.
  38. Re: Marty Rathbun's Squirrel Group?!

Do you even know him?
  39. Relyt Member

Never met the guy. Just taking a guess based on my observations and stories from people who did know him. Could be that he has no guilt whatsoever, but who knows?
  40. tazor Member

Why would you call Jason a narcissist if that's what you meant? Don't confuse ego with narcissism. Jason has spoken out about the cult at great length. He's done exactly what is needed. Just because he hasn't been visable lately isn't a justification for people to get all pissed off at him. He's not your personal army. If you're all butthurt about the "Grow up" thing in the Village Voice, I'd take that with a grain of salt.

What other enemies does Rathbun have? Us? Is that what you're saying? We aren't his enemy unless he's running a scientology con on everyone. We want him to speak out.

There is nothing "ominous about his lack of fear and repentance." It is just the same old bullshit, know best attitude that so many scilons have. They think they did what they did for the greater good so they can't be held up to normal standards since they are so much better then us homo sap wogs.